• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Trent

Smash Champion
I just finished my paper finally. I had almost forgotten how much of a chore school was. Stupid waste of time . . . . Im quitting now.
Do it. Can just make a living winning $50 every tourney in Omaha.

Come next tourney, you're gonna see what its like to face a real Sonic main....and Im not talking about Trent

Yes this was a Trunks reference
OMG DBZ.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Hey YO JBM!!!!!! Guess who just added me as her SECOND friend on facebook?

Popcorn on the lap works yo.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
SPOILERS

Naruto (these are confirmed true, but it sounds so ******** Im having doubts): The entire chapter is just of the fight. Sasuke's Amaterasu shield is proving quite strong. Raikage's arm is fuc
k
ed up completely and he has to cut it off. Somewhere in the translation, Gaara shows up. He says that Sasuke has the same eyes that Gaara once had and that its not too late to come to the side of light. Sasuke says he understands this but he wants to be devoured by darkness. Gaara starts to cry at Sasuke's poor choices and unleashes hell on Sasuke. Sasuke counters with Amaterasu but it has no effect on Gaara. His ultimate defense sand negates all the effects of Amaterasu. Sasuke compliments that his sand lives up to its name. Everybody pounces on Sasuke at once (as in the subordinates of the Sand and the Lightning). Sasuke unleashes a Black Susanoo and claims that this is the power you attain after youre able to use Mangekyou in both eyes. Karin says that Sasuke is not Sasuke anymore. She doesnt recognize his chakra in the least bit. End.

Bleach (the translation of this is confusing so Im only gonna post bits. It also sounds ludicrous but its confirmed true): Kyouraku is the dude who stabbed Stark. His Bankai lets him control the shadows. His power is also influenced by what he calls his sword (similar to that of Yumichika's Shikai). They talk about rules of a game. Im not sure what game theyre talking about. Stark sneak attacks and damages Kyouraku. It has something to do with the color white. Stark has a flashback about when he was a hollow. All he ever wanted in life was to have others around him but everyone was too weak and unworthy so he was forced to be alone. Flashback ends. Kyouraku calls the color black or something cool and either his robes change to the color black or he turns into a black entity (like Eddie in Guilty Gear). Stark gets sliced up after this. End.

One Piece: Starts off with an explanation of how Luffy and co. were in the air and stuff. Turns out that when Whitebeard caused those tidal waves, Luffy's ship got taken along for the ride. But Aokiji froze it so they were sitting high on a wave. They heard on the radio that Ace is gonna be executed earlier than scheduled. Luffy acts rashly and tries to get the ship to move. This causes the ice to break and they come tumbling down. Then it gets back to the present. As soon as Luffy and co. arrive, Crocodile attempts to strike Whitebeard but Luffy stops him. Everyone (Pirates, Shichibukai, Marines, etc) are marveling over Luffy's presence. Whitebeard says that Luffy's hat belongs to Shanks and gets a flashback. Luffy says that he knows that Whitebeard wants to be the Pirate King but says Whitebeard doesnt stand a chance because Luffy wants to be the Pirate King. Whitebeard calls him an idiot and a brat. Luffy persists. People are in shock that Luffy can speak like that to someone like Whitebeard without being afraid. Akainu asks if its okay to get serious now. Sengoku tells him he's more than welcome. End.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Contagion is having a "Which celeb guest from which movie do you want to sloop?" poll. Vote for Transformers so Megan Fox can have a .01% to creep. Odds are they'll just send over someone who played a minor role :'(

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
We'll see Mushrooming and Trent, that **** Sonic of Trent's forced me to go MK 2nd round And **** yeah Heart Gold and Soul Silver

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
teams is WAY to fun.

i've come to a couple of conclusions..

mo is the worst teammate ever.
david could be the best teammate.
smeesh just ****s on faces.
yosh ***** people with yoshi

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Confirmation on SPOILERS

Naruto: Its very accurate. Raikage also gets his arm sown back to his body.

Bleach: A lot more is clear now. Shunsui is not in Bankai. He's in his Shikai. He can control the shadows. He and Stark fight on even terms until the end where Kyouraku uses the Shikai's ultimate power and then slaughters Stark. The "black" part of the previous spoiler was simply because his captain robe got cut off or something so he's in regular shinigami black.

One Piece: Its mostly 100% accurate.

cue

Smash Journeyman
games were fun last night. Andrew pooped me in blaz. 4 am melee was fun..i guess worth being as tired as i am now ... not sure about games for Thursday i mean i want to I'm just worried Steph ( gf if you didnt know ) is not enjoying it. any ideas?!?!?

Uli

Smash Champion
games were fun last night. Andrew pooped me in blaz. 4 am melee was fun..i guess worth being as tired as i am now ... not sure about games for Thursday i mean i want to I'm just worried Steph ( gf if you didnt know ) is not enjoying it. any ideas?!?!?
we cant play smash there anymore lololol (i blame JBM)
but uhh shiiit, dekline host games at the dorms er sumtin

Dekline42

Smash Ace
dekline host games at the dorms er sumtin
I'd proly be down to host thursday evening (6:30ish), we can take over the lounge again >=D

And hope lucas doesn't find us

Someone should host on friday too, last friday turned into playing guitar hero and me blabing about WOW to the asians >.<

Echo

Smash Champion
David I know what you mean man I feel the same way about Liz not enjoying herself... she had a good time when she was hanging out with Steph playing DS and Mario Kart... but she's not into smoking or being around while people are smoking.... so yeah :/ Chicks dig games like Wii Sports and stuff if you think that would work, I can bring her along. Just an idea. Let me know though cuz I'd be down to play on Thursday, and I'll probably get on XBL tonight, too.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yeah i'm crust i get too buck over melee. sorry david

i'll host possibly on thursday if people want. i just can't do anything the whole weekend. i'm getting my wisdoms out.

Secks.

Smash Ace
David I know what you mean man I feel the same way about Liz not enjoying herself... she had a good time when she was hanging out with Steph playing DS and Mario Kart... but she's not into smoking or being around while people are smoking.... so yeah :/ Chicks dig games like Wii Sports and stuff if you think that would work, I can bring her along. Just an idea. Let me know though cuz I'd be down to play on Thursday, and I'll probably get on XBL tonight, too.
I guess we found the answer to our convo on facebook. Thats a no on the pot smoking.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey Tyser how is that 1up mushroom been going for you? and anyone that Kingdomhearts Snucas guy cause that ***** is well hated on this website now?

MaJiK

Smash Ace
What the heck is Nebraska?
what the he11 is a trent?

my parents are gonna be out of town on the first weekend of october (not confirmed about the date so stay tight) the 2nd 3rd and 4th so I was thinking about a MaJiK's the Gathering probably overnight one of those days
I have a new/old projection TV in the basement and there's enough room in there for a lot of people. I can supply one setup(wii's busted .....fuking wii) and 3 or more tvs to play on (decent sizes)
plus its in the basement which will be much cooler (if its hot)
I got codwaw so if someone has a system link cord or w/e we need we can play a 4v4 if that sounds good NO ps3(at my house bring one if you want) one xbox for blaze or codwaw

i might make snacks

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
sounds good tony.

but to be really honest the only two games you will probably see at the smash fest are melee and blaz, the others i might be jumping the gun but no one takes them seriously or enjoys playing them as much as smash/blaz.

any date is cool :)

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I dont mind shipping some Halo 2 or something while we're down there. Playing a game we all blow at would be nice for once. We dont need to be serious when it comes to gaming after all. It aint a job.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
is echo, yosh, mo, ben, david, or anyone else interested in going to jokers? i don't think there is a 2nd car but i might be willing to drive. I don't plan on it, but i will do it if people want.

Top Bottom