• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC February Tournament

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, jesi, i'll not have you speaking poorly about mid-tier characters. Person can play any character they want.

Roy rocks, by the way.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Well, as always, this tourney was fun. Good job to all the crews, and everybody else that was there. It sucked that I did bad, but its ok. Mo,mike, and matt, Congrats on the top 3 minus dark, nice to see omaha taking it.But yeah, to the guys of omaha, you can be appy, I am finnaly settling down to one char outside of gannon, Fox. And about the guys of smash, I was the one attracting all of them, i had David(Dark) trying to marry me, deev was hitting on me, so was johnny, and mo even tried to get a piece of the action. To bad jerilyn says she wont share though, so there all out of luck. But yeah, can't wait for tues smash tomorrow, and matt, that sucks that there puking all over, unless they drank a ton, i wouldnt hold it against them that there lightweights. Hopefully it will be clean over there tomorrow :D
Dragon

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
wow bryn i guess u do beat me sometimes but i guess i don't use f smash over and over again and wait for me to come to u. but don't worry i still love ya its just a little rude comment since i like to use other moves! and if i can't learn how to beat it I guess its my fault but don't worry i will learn to get better and its not 3 outta 4 times thanks tho more pretty even 2 outta 4

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by dmac
WHAT ABOUT PEACH PUNK (starts salivating uncontrollably)
oh sorry wanted to add this for you dmac since you tried to objectify me lol j/k i really don't care just thought it was funny

Big Burn

Smash Lord
Your joking, your joking, i cant believe my eyes... your joking me you gotta be, this cant be the right guy.. he's ancient, he's ugly... i dont know which is worse....

Baal

Smash Cadet
we were thinking about maybe trying to have a tournament here in omaha that we set up ourselfs and rent a place like E-57, would u lawrance guys want to come, and what omaha guys want to help host it other than me, mario1234, and link-hero just let me know what u guys think and we can set up a small tourney till we have the big ones in april. and maybe we could get a decent tournout and the winner can make some money and it will of course b fun.

N64

Smash Champion
as long as i'm not stuck driving, i'd definately come to an omaha-crew-run tourney. Sounds awesome, good luck setting one up.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Jeez you try to give someone a good hint and people jump all over you... Brynn, I was telling you to play marth, because he is a falco counter.

I play falco.

Choose wisely, for I will own j00. ;)

EDIT: Andy, i'll probably end up driving again for any new omaha tourneys...it's just a matter of who is coming along for the ride, no promises I'll be takin' lawrence peeps but we'll see. I'll try my best :)

dan smith

Smash Champion
Annoucement: Through my supreme audacity and self awarded authority I have decided to change the E-59 tournament lineup.

The tournament shall not only include; 1v1, 2v2, low tier, crew tourney, and possibly an N64 tourney but ALSO...

Lady Smash, a tournament just for the ladies!

Contenders:
Jesi (Falco),
Aku (Fox),
PeachPunk (Peach),
and the other girl!

:skull: :skull: Fighting to the DEATH! :skull: :skull:

(Omaha crew: feel free to include Lady Smash in your upcomming tournaments as well.)

BLDR

Smash Rookie
Originally posted by Baal
yeah this tourney should ****ing rock and peachpunk is coming and you kansas kids better have ur crew together maybe even a couple cause it would be nice to have more than 2 crews. And don't worry about MO anymore guys he gave up his talent and became a grab queen so its not too hard to beat him. right mo. And D-mac b4 u think about peachpunk take two steps back b4 u take one forward. j/k, but seriously do
Hell ya man. DA NEW SMASHER!!! meh, that was my second turny, fun it was. Good time smashin wit yall, good to meet yall to. Frieken powned with Andy till i didn't pown, then i let us down and became the weak link...so sad. But by the way, FOX is ROxoRoroerflajgohjaweot, awsome, sorry, awsome is what i wanted to say.

Just givin some shout outs-
Dmac-Pownzered as always, so good man, you and DYC were awsome in teams.
N64-Ouch, i hated having to fight you...never can beat your Pchu
Z-Great job, i thought you played good, not asgood as you usualy do, but good none the less.
NESS/Dans-Great job man. Hard core ness power.
DYC-Really good to matey, suchs that you had to fight Dmac
Bneh-Great job buddy.

I am really just saying great job to everyone, so i don't overdo it, GOOD JOB PEOPLE!

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
hey shea, I think the 5 guys and a yosh plus david crew would be willing to help get a tourney going, you would just have to let us know so we could get something set up.
Dragon

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by dan smith

Lady Smash, a tournament just for the ladies!

Contenders:
Jesi (Falco),
Aku (Fox),
PeachPunk (Peach),
and the other girl!

:skull: :skull: Fighting to the DEATH! :skull: :skull:

(Omaha crew: feel free to include Lady Smash in your upcomming tournaments as well.)[/COLOR] [/b] [/B]
the other girl is pink_flower (brynn) and shes Roy

EDIT: jessi i aimed u so u should read that i gave u some tips for a future match! and don't worry i plan on playing u and ally which stupid me just found out that aku is aly wow am i slow!!!

Baal

Smash Cadet
yeah dragon that would b cool we need to find a place to rent and we can make the rules on tuesday night smash but the biggest is going to be finding a place. so mo, mike, dragon, and anyone else any new suggestions would b appriciated

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Jesi - Erm Marth as a Falco counter? Might wanna rethink that one...match up is quite dependant on stage, obviously Falco rocks Marth hard on FD and other larger stages, while Marth has an advantage on smaller stages. Both have very good things they can do to each other; Marths edgeguard is very effective, and so is Falco's SHB.

A tourney hosted by us? That'd be freakin sweet, but we need to work out alot of stuff, including place. Perhaps we could raise an OOS bonus to encourage more OOS Smashers to come?

One thing kinda bothering me....did anyone see that Omaha, Nebraska post by someone named Kaliber? Any idea who that is/what its all about?

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
ok the ***** fight between jessi and i is over! we talked on AIM and things are cool now so dont' worry about it and maybe we will team up at the next tourny so u peeps better watch out lol!
Props to all the girl smashers and yes Aku (aly) now that i know that now lol i will play u lol!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/punkrockgurl1304/detail?.dir=ff7a&.dnm=433c.jpg&.src=ph

Tank sorry for sat. when my snake peed on ur jacket lol but mo and murn got a kick outta it!!!! And don't worry i think my puppy peach peed on mo lol!

Jesi

Smash Ace
yeah... FD is good for falco, but regardless of what stage you are on, that marth tipper is deadly, w/ correct edgegaurding falco is toasted no matter what stage. SHL can only do so much, not to mention falco fast falls ie, marth can chaingrab all day if he wants! It's a frusterating match up regardless. It's a way better matchup than Roy Vs Falco.

I'm not saying i'ts like jiggly vs falco tho, jeezus..that's the most annoying thing EVAR...for falco.

what are you saying peach punk i still hate you ;) jk.

lady smash sounds fun....

ANTX

Smash Ace
i'll MM the girls, 3v1, then use my last stock against the other one. winnar gets a sandwhich made for them. also gets all "pimp" rights associated with this battle.

B-WARE!!!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I want to be in the Lady smash tourney. I make a very pretty girl.
Baal when do you think your smash tourney will take place. BTW, im shocked that mike hasnt spamed about how good he is yet.:eek:

Baal

Smash Cadet
I don't know when we will have it exactly right now, but if we can get a place I think we'll have it around the 20th or around there so we can stay prepared for E-59 and the ffc tourney, but we're going to have to talk about it on tuesday night and c what everyone else thinks about it being possible.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Lady Smash: Rule Set

$5 entry fee
Single elim.
slob picks
best 2 out of 3
4 stock

and...

if you are not female you must wear a dress w/ no pants...plus the $5 entry fee...

let's do this ****. lol

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
if i have to wear a dress i am out that is not my fortay!!! and how can it be single elimination it should be one person plays all 3 then so on and so forth or somthing like that just to be fair if that makes since at all lol i mean some times i confuse myself! but totally girl smash will totally rock!!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
hahah peach punk i was so just kidding w/ that post....what i meant was GUYS had to wear a dress i never said anything about girls. lol but i was kidding anyway. lol

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Pick me out a dress cos Im bad at it and for this, I think you gals should play like its a pool for seeding. But im not a 100% sure how that works.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
We should allow boys to enter on the condition that they pick Bowser and only Bowser.

Marth can chaingrab Falco all day? Eh Marth can chain grab Falco like....3 or 4 times if the Falco is using any DI at all.

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
bowser i don't think so! were good enough you don't have to pick bowser geeze mo! thanks for the confidence!!! and the only way guys can play is if they wear a dress and i am adding make-up!!! So if u guys feel like entering get ready to dress in drag!!!

Jesi

Smash Ace
mo?! what are you saying dude, 3 or 4 times is enough, throw in a nice fsmash or tilt, you got him, falco's weakness is his recovery, that's a main reason he does so bad against jigglys, any character that can take advantage of another characters poor recovery will own! Marth has mad edgegaurding skillz which allows him to take some easy kills from falco's already predictable recovery!

perhaps you have trouble w/ mike's falco iunno, but that's probably because you play him all the time... ie, i play dmac all the time, falco is supposed to own ganon, a) i'm just plain not as good as him but b) he plays me ALL the time (and pretty much trained me) so of course he's going to do good against me lol

anyway i'm not saying marth OWNS falco, i'm saying he's a **** good counter, and esp a better counter than ROY. which was the only point i was trying to make lol.

also: Bowser? Paleez, bowser is tight. no go on that, this is ladies only, less you dress in drag haha.

Link_Hero

Smash Cadet
nah mo is right guys should be able to enter if they pick bowser....seriously the character is worthless.

Jesi

Smash Ace
WTF? I play bowser on occasion, i luv him! lol. Bowsers Fair, and up B , forward smash, uair... omg all really good attacks w/ proper shffl's and l-cancelling, just learn to use em right boys.

i think me and peach punk are sticking to dress n drag or no go haha.

EDIT: yes...bowser does suck tho... still he's not WORTHLESS -- take the bowser challenge! lol and basically i just want to see some pretty boys all made up haha.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
On the contrary, I beat Mike better than 50% and I 2-stocked him at the tourney on Saturday. He lost so much confidence in his Falco that he weak-sauced and picked Sheik against me. Mike's Falco tends to do really well against me on FD sometimes, and he beats me in friendlies I'd say a little less than half the time.

I don't think Marth can connect an Fsmash after 3 upthrows on Falco. Those throws are gonna be really low percent, and Fsmash will not be able to hit after a throw that early. Up tilt is the best you can do. I dont usually go for upthrow -> fsmash until around 60% I think. Anyway if Falco has proper L-canceling then it's gonna be pretty hard to get those grabs in after long, shield draining SHB approaches. I say the match up is about even. If Marth was that good against Falco, Ken would never lose to Falco, yet he lost a game to Dave's Falco in a set. We know Ken is the better player, and if he is better AND has a counter character that = he should never lose right?

Cmon...let us pick Bowser :-P It'll be fun. Imagine what shine->spike combos or *shudder* PEACH'S DSMASH can do to Bowser!

Jesi

Smash Ace
NO BOWSER

well all i have to say to that ....is falco owns all characters anyway. haha he should be top tier. lol I think he's not because of his recovery status, and some other factors... which like i said, marth should be able to take full advantage of (and i didn't think you had problems w/ falco's at all which is why i find it odd that you don't consider that matchup a counter matchup) its' possible they are about even. but as you said it has a lot to do w/ the level of each player. FD does give falco an advantage tho...still how many times ken lost to a falco player? There's no way it's been enough to suggest falco being better than marth. And besides, jsut because you chose a counter character doesn't mean you will ALWAYS win...there are a lot of factors involved, it's presumptious to assume just because Ken lost once to a falco, that it means falco is better or not countered by marth. anyway lol it's a tough call, still i'll leave it as this... marth vs falco > roy vs falco. lol

EDIT: Where is Mike anyway? Haven't seen him on the boards in a while... I miss that crazy ultimate gansta smasher? Dont' tell me he's distraught about this last tourney? Tell him no worries if that's so, he'll bounce back.

PeachPunk

Smash Apprentice
remind me never to drink caffine b4 bed i can't sleep for the life of me!!! and yeah if any guy wantes to enter lady smash you must and i mean must dress in drag!!!!!!! no execptions!!!!!!
Edit: yeah why hasn't mike posted in awhile is he sad that he didn't get second??? I mean come on i didn't get to play and i am still posting lol!!!

BLDR

Smash Rookie
Hmmm, dressing up like a girl and wareing makeup? Z, sounds like your bag mate, you should head on over there. I would...but my prom dress is the only "dress" i have and i don't want to take the chance of that getting dirty, so it must be you. Unless Andy or Aaron wants to go? my mom has alot of cosmetic products that yall can use, plus i want to see you in drag!

Top Bottom