• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC February Tournament

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
New thread for February Tournaments. While official info is currently not available on FFC's website, the dates for February have been finalized. Saturday, February 26th will be the date for the Singles and Team Tournaments. They will be followed by a tournament in WarioWare Inc for GC. That is all for now.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Hehe just keep coming and we'll keep practicing and we'll know when we've gotten good enough when you don't win without breaking a sweat ;)

Continuing the low tier discussion on the other thread, I definitely think Low tier should only be Low and Bottom characters. Are you guys having one for E57? It might be enough to make me really practice with Kirby hehe....old school.

only1Z

Smash Champion
There will probably be low teir matches for friendlies, but usually the tournie turns out being single, fast double, maybe a crew tourny if enough of any other crews show up. Lol, all that was directed at E-57, this is not E-57 topic however.

This FFC seems a little iffy, usually E-57 is enough smash to wipe out brains, also some rumor mills say drivers dont like the idea of making thid drive over and over. Just throwing out some possibilities.

But if I get a ride, ill probably be going =)

Also, some people say my sheik has already improved...I just added WD....I sux...=/ Sheik for 4 years....and I just now train / improve it....

ANTX

Smash Ace
Z, i JUST started training with fox, and i must say:

WaveShining will make you quit this game. i decree it.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Low self esteem and constantly losing didnt make me quit this game.

I can get past a shining fox....I think....

vomjom

Smash Apprentice
Fox can waveshine?!?!?!?!?!?

Edit: Oh, I might come to this one too...

Edit2: Please include ICs in low tier :((( They're not good, I promise! Oh, and Falcon too. He sucks (no really).

dan smith

Smash Champion
Darkrain is already on his way...

Originally posted by darkrain
dark
rain
is
coming

go left, go right, go left, go right, go left, go right, go left!
I realise he was trying to convey Dash Dancing...

But to me it sounded like he read this thread, got out of his chair, and started running to Omaha.

What made it funnier was how stupidly he ran..."go left, go right, go left, go right, go left, go right, go left!".

Run in a straight line David.

Z: You will get better, I need to fight your Sheik for practice.

I will be comming to this tournament most definatly. No matter what, rain or Shine, Dan Smith goes the distance to Smash.

If the Omaha tournaments are once a month...will the Omaha people be able to come to an E-XX once a month? It equals out to only 1 trip a month for everybody.

I actually enjoy the drive...with Jesi.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Hey, is yoshi or link OK for the low tier tourney? (if there is one) FaceLoran, we better start planing if I am to go to E-57. but I wouldnt really know what to plan for:chuckle:

only1Z

Smash Champion
Re: Darkrain is already on his way...

Originally posted by dan smith
I realise he was trying to convey Dash Dancing...

What made it funnier was how stupidly he ran..."go left, go right, go left, go right, go left, go right, go left!".

Run in a straight line David.

Z: You will get better, I need to fight your Sheik for practice.

I will be comming to this tournament most definatly. No matter what, rain or Shine, Dan Smith goes the distance to Smash.

I actually enjoy the drive...with Jesi.
Lol, you are still better, maybe I actually need to play you to train against ness :crazy: Lol, you are also a hilarious man...
and that last segment, " Aww, how cute!" :beezo:

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Hey kids,
I will probably be at the Feb FFC tourney, but I don't know about e-56. I'm just so burned out on Smash right now, what with trying to learn new things. Two tournaments ago I learned WD, this tourney I learned SHing. Now I'm trying to learn Wave-braking with Marth (WD directly down), then Dash danching and coming out of that into a short hop fair or nair. It's really complicated.
I'll let you know if me and Jason will make it to the lawrence tourney.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Awesome Dark is coming yayyy!! :D:D I still don't know if I'm going to that one, but probably. I'll go w/ ya Dan! :D :D Fun Fun!! I always have a good time there..someone has to remind me to bring good shoes tho, so I can do a couple DDR games in between smashin haha! Well, hopefully see you there guys!! :D

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Heh you guys know I ll be at this thing..... I will be competition for dark this time I hope, but probably not, a little better though.. I got really fast with falco and I can shine to spike pretty much all the time now.. I got his WD down also.. If I do a low tier I will probably pick mewtwo Im kinda cold with that *****!!!! C u guys at both tournies!!!!!!

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Don't know if I'll make it or not, but if I do go, then it will be all Link and NO Sheik. Unless of course someone wants me to play Sheik against them.

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
dark
rain
is
coming

go left, go right, go left, go right, go left, go right, go left!

Actually, he was talking about the song we played on DDR like a billion times. it was quite fun.

jimi is coming, and jimi wants $$$$$matches!!!!!
but not with darkrain, hes not cool enough to play me.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
This tourney will again be battle for second place seeing that nobody I have seen is anywhere close to Dark yet. I'm looking to improve over my tie for 5th last tourney so hopefully I'll represent. I'm getting better but still not good enough

dan smith

Smash Champion
SadNess

N64 on his best days or Vomjom...anyday....can contest with Darkrain for first place.

That's about all the real competition he has, unless Vidjo and Pyro fly in for a tourney.

I wish I was good.

only1Z

Smash Champion
dark
rain
is
coming

go left, go right, go left, go right, go left, go right, go left! [/B]
This is N64, I am not the lowly z. It's captain jack, I KNEW IT. The ddr song composer guy...not the crazy good japanese ssbm player.
"left go right go (pick up the slack?) go left go right go left!!" do do do do do.... do do do do do... do do do do do... do do do do do.

Yeah...I beat dark once in a tourney match. But then he beat me 7 times in a row on that same level. So, my win means nothing. I think i've gotten better though...we'll see. And vomjon, you should come to this too, because YOU ROCK. Seriously, your fox gives me shivers. It makes me cry.

in a good way.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Man, maybe I should start taping matches between me and dark to show to you guys when he comes over and we smash.

It disappoints me that no one thinks I can contest with David.:cry:

vomjom

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Phatgamer1
I know he plays seriously AGAINST ME all the time......

Tell 'em David.:D
It's okay. I believe you. *pats phat on the shoulder*

ANTX

Smash Ace
Man, maybe I should start taping matches between me and dark to show to you guys when he comes over and we smash.

It disappoints me that no one thinks I can contest with David.:cry:
It disappoints me that you think you can contest with MikeFalco...

only1Z

Smash Champion
Originally posted by ANTX
It disappoints me that you think you can contest with MikeFalco...
'
Geez, you cut deep into the core MR. lucky.
Lol, Phat, pick up jiggly like the rest of us. We shall find a way to randomly counter Mike....

vomjom

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by TheRedMarth
Hey kids,
I will probably be at the Feb FFC tourney, but I don't know about e-56. I'm just so burned out on Smash right now, what with trying to learn new things. Two tournaments ago I learned WD, this tourney I learned SHing. Now I'm trying to learn Wave-braking with Marth (WD directly down), then Dash danching and coming out of that into a short hop fair or nair. It's really complicated.
I'll let you know if me and Jason will make it to the lawrence tourney.
What the heck "wave-braking"? Uh... who does that? :D

Sorry but that's useless. Wavedash has too much of a lag time afterwards...

I really can't imagine what you'd use that for... stopping a dash or something? Just hit down instead... it's pretty much instant.

Oh and DYC... everyone counters Falcon :( Unless you're SSJ4 Falcon (Isai), but actually he cheats. I know. I played him once and he 4-stocked then 3-stocked me. He cheats.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh you'd have to be pretty darn good with Jiggly to win. I mean its not like you can just pick up Jiggly and automatically win cuz she's a counter to Falco :-P

Anyway you guys are making it more complicated than it is. All it comes down to is getting around short hop blaster fire. Once you figure out that, take the mindgames from there.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I wish I was good.

Wave-Braking (WB) is a very advanced technique used to make Koopa stomp loudly. Try it! Bowser goes up and down and the whole stage shakes!

What a fattie...

But seriously, in regards to Antx statement directed towards Phat: DAAAAMN....that was HARSH.

Peaceout

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
"im gonna quit this game"
-----Mike after being three stocked by JIMI8705

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Aight Luckey. The gloves come off. Link vs. DK. You and me. FD. 4 stock. No time limit.

I will PWNZORZ j00!!

Don't cancel at the last minute like you did last time vomjom.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Call me the bookie.

Aight Luckey. The gloves come off. Link vs. DK. You and me. FD. 4 stock. No time limit.
No time limit?

:confused:

Why would a time limit matter? When Antx enters the ring, you're time is up!!1!

I bet one American dollar on Antx(DK) to beat Phat(Link).

Oh and from here on out I am cordinating betting pools along with a list of all MMs.

Money Matches
Antx(DK) vs Phat(Link)
Bets:
DS:1$ + Antx(DK)
ANTX:1,000,000,000,000$ + Antx(DK)

Anybody else want to challenge somebody to a money match or place a bet? Phat: It is advisable that you put down some form of bet for your money match with Antx. Antx: It is advisable that you lower your bet to something more realistic, probably the same amount that Phat bets.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Never said it would be a money match to begin with. But whatever. As long as I win some pride, a little money on the side can't hurt.

Uh, how about 3-5 bucks? I'll let Luckey decide.

Top Bottom