• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC Dec/Jan SSBM tournaments

ANTX

Smash Ace
Haha! i won't comment of Smith's girlfriend! hah! hahahaha! it would be tooooo funni!

anywayz, i glitched smith. it's done. period, first attempt. booyah.

and phat, i got better with sheik, so we mght have a cool shei ditto.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Aaron man you definitely need to get in touch and we all need to some SERIOUS teams practice in because we don't get nearly enough. Call me tomorrow before 5 or Monday before 5/after 9:15. We usually Smash on Tuesdays or Wednesdays I think these days. And I gotta tell you about this crazy stuff that just happened to us tonight. This dude who was driving us slammed into a streetlight and owned his own car.

Sorry RedMarth I still dont have it :-/ But since you lost to us at the tourney, I'll remember you when I see you. Maybe you should come Smash it with us before the tourney sometime.

Also, I will likely have to pull out my own Sheik if I get Sheiked. I dont know why, but I am just terrible against Sheik.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Phat keep in mind that there probably wont be any time to challenge others to singles matches. Only 4 sets are being brought in and everyone will be trying to get in a good smash before the next tourney starts.

dmac

Smash Champion
ohhhh man i forgot theres gonna be a small amount of set ups :(

anyway we can increase the total #? is there gonna be seeding for the tournament? its late and these questions may have been answered already ;)

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
awwwww, nooo fair:cry:

well, if i play anyone i dont know, then i will try to do a ditto match the first battle. and if i fight someone i do know, then, uh, well, i guess ill just have to sheik j00. :grrr:

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah....it is true...I can't go (Hi, i'm andy). I'll be at my dad's (in GA) for the entire Christmas/New Years break. Which sucks, because I understand that both omaha tourneys are going to be held over that time. I was looking forward to playing some new people. So...yeah....host some tourneys in late jan, feb, mar, etc. Plzplzplzplz!

Oh...and I play:
1. Pikachu
2. Sheik
3. Fox
3. Pichu
3. Mario
4. C. Falcon
4. Game&Watch
4. Bowser

Yeah....and I just seriously picked up Bowser...yesterday, so i'm not that good with him. He's showing promise, though. *shrug* Hope the tourney goes well, you guys.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Originally posted by ANTX
anywayz, i glitched smith. it's done. period, first attempt. booyah.
You didn't even win that match freaktard...

I play:

1. NESS!!!
2. KIRBY!!
3. YOSHI!!
4. Zelda/Sheik...a lil'...

Ness is the best though...man...can't get better than Edge Cancelled PK Fire.

See you in Amaho!

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
Wow, nice to see this is a healthy thread this time around.

It's possible I could get ahold of another TV, but it would be a 27" screen and we wouldn't have another GC, copy of Smash, and controllers to go around for it. After the first tournament, FFC went and bought 2 GCs, 12 controllers, and 3 copies of the game. The remaining Cubes, games, and controllers are being provided by the tournament staff. We'll see about the above mentioned stuff, but I'm relatively sure that anymore equipment will be on an as needed basis.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Dual, u r working with the FFC to hold this tourney, so i was wondering, would they let us bring in setups? I think a lot of people wouldnt mind bringing a cube or a tv so that way we could have a lot more setups and maybe even room for us all to have friendlies. Let everyone know what u think about that.
Dragon

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well, if we can bring our own set ups then we would have plenty of space to play. I really dont see any harm if done. And we have lots of smash copies. Just not sure on TVs. ^^

ANTX

Smash Ace
the reason i didn't win is cuz we had to restart due too glitch-MANIA!!!!OMGWTF!
P.S: Aly>>>>>>>becca.
kthxbye.

dan smith

Smash Champion
You had to restart your Gamecube because you froze the game, freaktard.

If Dmac wants to....he can say who he likes better...Becca or Aly.

Actually anybody can say who they like better....Dan Lucky is the only person who likes Aly...

Spencer Lott thinks she is a freaktard. He said so....

ANTX

Smash Ace
Dmac likes Aly more. Aly likes manga and plays smash better than becca, so he likes her more.
the only contest would be a wrestling match or something, cuz becca would win.
she's like 4 weight classes higher than aly.
kthxbye.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I'd love it if we could get more set ups and a room for some friendlies to be going in between matches/for people eliminated. it would make it alot more fun as an overall experience, I think. We all have Cubes and stuff and I'm sure we could have people bring controllers, but I dont think it would be a huge problem to bring a couple more TV's, as long as theres a place for them.

Mainly, I'd like to make sure I get a chance to play all the Kansas people since I won't get to play them all in the tournament.

ANTX

Smash Ace
then we shall do a random ditto match! i must beat the omaha ahamo's. for it would give me meaning.

P.S: vote tomorrow @ S.M.A.S.H: for who is better Aly or becca.
(Smash Monday: Always a Smash Holiday.)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I like Ally better :chuckle:

Hey Dragon and Faceloran, we should just bring our own sets and temp to set them up somewhere in that "party room" big open place just for us and KS:chuckle:

ANTX

Smash Ace
word. sounds good to me. we should have a small mini tourney if there's time. (no $$$ just pride)
Tacoom rox.

ANTX

Smash Ace
KS smash credit is redeamable at your nearest Arby's Restaurant.
Kthxbye.

seabassdan: Tacoom is a gimp.
Dan Smith spreading lies about Omaha Smashers?
DUH DUH DUuuUuuuUuuuuuH!!!!!

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Tacoom
I like Ally better :chuckle:

Hey Dragon and Faceloran, we should just bring our own sets and temp to set them up somewhere in that "party room" big open place just for us and KS:chuckle:
Whoa guys, let's hold off on making all these plans until I can talk to the General Managers about this. I know for a fact that the party area will be out because we will be having parties all day, but we will be clearing out the middle area in the fighting area for just about all the space we would need (most of it was done last weekend for N-Cubed and will be left for Dec tourneys). But anyway, let me reconfirm everything and then I'll update you guys on the situation and what we can possibly do for having friendly matches in between (though I must say I would be more for using any extra TVs to finish the tournament quicker and if we have extra time in between tournaments we'd allow friendlies).

Finally, it would also be a tad easier to convince the GMs about all these extra setups if I had a more accurate pre-registration count. Right now, I have less than 10 yet I know there are plenty of people coming. Come on guys, help me help you.

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
I can't actually find the preregisration link on the new FFC website. Is it not possible to register over the internet this time? If I knew that I woulda just registered when I was in last week.

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
aly smashes, therefore....

aly>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>teh gurl who prevents smith from smashing

and we can always bring more setups....if its allowed by ffc.

phat, my luigi v your peach, winner gets a hug.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
The last time I registered along with my friends at the same time I had the play them in the first round which was really annoying.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Cmon man nothing wrong with some good ole friendlies.....I don't see why we can't get some going. I mean it's not like we will be able to see these Kansas guys a whole lot.

Jeff rofl....when you register has nothing to do with seeding! How can they seed you if they don't even know if you will be in the tournament? Registration doesnt mean you are in, because theres the entry fee that still must be paid remember? I was told it was simply randomized.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Last time there wasnt time for seeding so it was all at random. Hopefully thats not a problem. I suggest that we are aloud too play friendlies and hour before the tourney. That would at least give use some time.
Let the matches begin at 11:30
:cool:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yes, the seeding is done at random.

Our zoo is top 3 in the nation, I believe. Last I heard, only San Diego and I think Cincinnati are better.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Jimi: i agree to all those terms as stated in the post where you asked for that match.

also i would be able to provide a cube and smash but no tv.

can someone please explain this whole registration thing to me cuz i dont understand it. and what day will this be held? i read it will be the 17th-19th but the 17th i have skool, so let me know when smash singles will be asap.

kthxbye;)

ANTX

Smash Ace
we'll bring setups if needed. if dmac or i brings jacket, i play with darkrain.

kthxbye.

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Phatgamer1
Jimi: i agree to all those terms as stated in the post where you asked for that match.

also i would be able to provide a cube and smash but no tv.

can someone please explain this whole registration thing to me cuz i dont understand it. and what day will this be held? i read it will be the 17th-19th but the 17th i have skool, so let me know when smash singles will be asap.

kthxbye;)
If you are only interested in the Smash tournies, then you just need to show up on Saturday, December 18th as all 3 tournaments are on that day. The 17-19th denotes that we will be running tournaments across various games all weekend.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Tacoom you really don't need to flood the topic with your 100th post news.

Anyways about the seeding I dont know it didn't seem that random but maybe it was and I just got really unlucky. I haven't been to the zoo in years but it is very impressive.

ANTX

Smash Ace
my prediction:
1st round- Dark Loses to Aly
2nd round- Dark loses in loser's bracket to Aaron.
Winnar- Aaron.
He'S SSOOOOOO GEWD, MANG!

dan smith

Smash Champion
This is my 502nd post!!

I like how Aaron uses the name 'Meow' which was made by Ryan Childers randomly...

And Ryan has no idea Aaron uses it now...

Aaron IS pretty good. He just needs more experience...which he is quickly acumulating. His technical skill isn't bad at ALL.

Top Bottom