• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC Dec/Jan SSBM tournaments

TheRedMarth

Smash Apprentice
Oh BTW,
Phat, what is your real name? I only met two sheiks in tourney, Ureal and Steven, I assume you're steven. That could, however, be a grievous miscalculation.

More Kudo:

Dan Lucky: Your Shine spikes are incredible, you may want to work on the rest of your fox game.

Jesi: You two-stocked me, I two-stocked you, but regardless you are remarkably good. Yes I know, I sexist basteed who says "A girl good at smash?! Improbable!" but you are quite formidable. Keep it up.

Honestly I look forward to fighting all of you again.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I really enjoyed this tourney, wish I could have done better! Day started off kinda bad for me, I know, I know, No Jons! lol

I look forward to playing some of those falco players who come down to E-57, yayyy :D Thanks for all the awesome games guys! :)

Omaha is starting to grow on me :) ....

only1Z

Smash Champion
JessI! GO to monday smashes, I need a falco to play. Maybe you already do, and I need to go more. oh well:)

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone!!! Man what a tournie. I cant believe that I crawled out of the gutter and got 2nd. It was fun and I cant wait until E-57. I will work on my wavedash to shine and shine to spike combos dark, it was awesome to get pwned by u. I did pretty well the first match, by bringing u down to 1 stock, but then it was over. I will also work on L-cancelling. Oh and aero we shall see who wins next time, I think I will walk out victorious was again. As I said before I got a whole lot better. I was really glad that all the kc guys could come back again. Oh and phat and Z Im sorry I forgot to tell u, that I am good against sheik players. We had some good matches though. I will see u guys at E-57. Peace out..

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Oh and phat and Z Im sorry I forgot to tell u, that I am good against sheik players.
Now you say it.........:rollseyes: I had some nice matches with you Mike and hope to do better in the future again. I suck against Falcos:beezo: My other problem with you was that I underestimated you, but you can be sure that I will not make the same mistake twice;) I would rather lose second to you than some random scrub.

There were a HELLUVALOTA Falcos at the tourney! Anyone else notice besides me??? Throughout the entire tourney I think I played like 4 people that weren't Falco. Bah.

David: Congrats on the win, but I still hate you.:D

Dmac: I beat you, then you beat Sheik_1234? WTF? Nice matches though......CRAP!!!!!!! I forgot to try to get my dollar back!!!! ****

Tacoom: Nice Yoshi man, real nice. I can't explain what happened with my Link, I was losing to random n00bs, and that's when I decided that my Link was not tourney material.....YET. Hopefully I can give you a better match at E-57. Sorry bout the Sheik:(

DYC: I seriously think that this tourney was the first one that I played you at. Nice Falcon. A little advice though, when you are doing throw combos, don't wait for me to hit the ground and use and aerial instead.

Jimi: I can tell that you are getting better. Keep at it. Sorry bout our matches, they were kinda one sided >_>

If I forgot anyone, then I apologize. Hopefully I will show up at E-57 and make another run for first place. If not, I'm trying to talk to my parents about letting me hold E-58 at my place sometime in March. When I get more details, so will you guys. Now I am off to practice more smash for the next tourney. Lates.....

EDIT:
Mike: You rock. Never feel bad, Dark was just ALL over you and you reacted better than anyone else would've.
Nothing against Mike, but if you saw my matches with Dark, they were a lot closer than the ones between Mike and Dark. But again, this is nothing against Mike. I love you Mike:love: :starman:

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Hey Phat thanx man, I love u too.... Well even though there were a lot of Falcos at the tournie, I am by far the best one in omaha... I just need to work on a few things.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
awww, i wish i would've visited when this tourney was going on. I love me falco dittos, yum.

jeremey, sorry to hear about the Link, better luck next time.

Silent Jupiter>other girl smashers

DYC

Smash Champion
Phat: RAWWWRRRR *stomps feet and shakes fists*

*brief pause*

Phat: RAWWWRRR *stomps feet and shakes fists again*

Nice.

Mario1234: Cmon down to e57, i'll beat you again and then you can complain somemore about the captain.

Z: Play more smash dummy.

Tacoom: Nice try on the egging at the end of our crew match

Mike: Nice friendlies, gotta work on not being predictable on your tech rolls though, as well as getting shield grabbed.

ANTX

Smash Ace
hew dudes! crew matches rule!
also, N64 and i beat Z and dmac in teams today with only one KO.
that means there were 5 SDs.
it was awesome.
shout-outs:

JESI- thx4daRide.

kthxbye.

GO SEE THIS!
GO SEE THIS!
GO SEE THIS!
GO SEE THIS!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48057

oh, and the omaha guys haven't seen vomjom.

harharhar... i wonder if he got any better...dat'd be scurry.

he's like Darkrain, except faster, but not as good agaisnt CF.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Shouts!

"I'm so sick!!" - me
"No Johns!" - world

Aerogamer - You're welcome...I mean...I did tell you to play Peach...

But seriously...

I don't mind that you beat me...I still feel bad about having you concede against me at the last tourney in KC. :)

I learned something fighting you too, Peach is a real problem. I realise that I almost always lose to Peaches in tournaments where I don't place top 3!! (Aero, Juan, Karma...they all took me out of tournies!!) I really need to take care of my Peach problem.

Phat - Yur Guuud.

Dark - Yur Guuud.

Mike - Don't expect to always do this well, a lot of good smashers didn't place as well as they might have during the tournaments...in the future they might beat you out. (M1234, Dmac, Phat,...and Jesi) Darkrain and Dmac also both have a softspot for Falcos....hmmm....

DYC - I have always considered you, Dmac, and N64 as the best in our crew. You are the most consistant...I had confidence you could take down a good lot of Nebraskan smashers. You're like a mini-Darkrain!

Dmac - Good showing, you can overcome so many odds...but you probably should train against Falco's...or work on your other characters. Sorry I didn't show up to 'Smash Monday' today...I missed school. I AM SOO SICK!

N64 - You'll impress everybody soo much at E57...you contend with Darkrain on your best days.

Sheik_1234: I didn't even really know who you were before this tourney...I hadn't noticed you at the previous tourney. I am slightly upset about losing to you, JUST like how I was upset about losing to your cousin last time. I will have my revenge...!!!

Mario_1234: We didn't actually play in the tourney put I enjoyed that pretend tourney match we had afterwards. I have been training against Mario...something I had never done before (you should take that as a compliment...I was wary of you) and I think it paid off a little. I won 2 out of 3 of those matches...but then in the crew match you took off three of our stock and I only took off two! I would say that counts as a sort of draw. You earned back that third match in our 2 out of 3 by doing so well in the crew tourney. You work well under pressure. I think it is funny that I was so tenacious about our rematch at this tourney...because of our previous 2nd and 3RD places...and then neither of us placed top three.

Tourneys are funny like that...you can't win them all...but I think you are amazingly good. I wish N64 could've come to this thing...because you two have very similar playing styles. I look forward to playing you in the future and hopefully I will at least meet you in the semi-finals of the next Omaha tourney. Don't think of this last tourney as a loss...it is the staging of our COMEBACKS!!!

Keep defying the tiers Mario_1234.

Mo: I only played you twice after the tourney...and I two stocked you both times. (not that I was counting)

I love gloating but I also live in reality. I only beat you because you had NEVER played a Ness of any skill before...where as I have a picture of Marth taped to my dartboard. I know how to play Marths way too well for our matchs not to have turned out the way they did.

What I am trying to say is: I'm not actually as good as our match results show, you didn't get beat, You got cheated. Once you get to know Ness better the tables will slowly turn.

Like really slow...turn tables...

Dragon: I played you, you're really nice. You would talk to me though...and I couldn't respond because of my sore throat. I felt like you might've thought I was annoyed by you. You didn't...you're cool.

Jesi: I wuv you...thanks for giving the lift. I always have to drive with you, you are so much fun. I hope I didn't bother you ...being pathetic.

Aly - Yur Guuud. That Shine Spike was neat.

Z - You are a good part of the team, I am glad you come along with us even when Andy dosen't. I didn't actually see you play...yep.

Aaron - Sick?

Jimi - I was really hoping you would get top 3 this time around...you're getting better.

Antx - I know you don't play enirely to win...but Mr. G&W? I really don't have much right to say that though, I play Ness....but I think if you want to join the low-tier crowd you should play DK only. Play DK only. You are already good with him but there is so much to learn. I learned something about Ness...last week! Keep the Donkey coming.

I gotta go...peaceout...play DK...

N64

Smash Champion
You give me too much credit, smith. I'm not amazingly good, I just learn well. Your ness dooms all who don't know how to play against a ness, but i've played against you, and I learn. That's all. It took me at least 5 tournament matches of playing Karmacide before i could counter his peach. Usually, I won't have that long, so I'm not that effective against those outside of this crew(the people i play often) in a tournament setting. I still think Dmac, and secondly DYC, are the best in our crew. And you're likely the best low-tier player in our crew.

I just don't want to dissapoint people when they find out i'm a half-rate pika.

Sorry I couldn't make it. Sickness got worse, and my parents would hear nothing of me being on the road numerous hours travelling, and then smashing, and possibly contaminating many others while my own condition worsened. Of course, I'll be at E-57 (at all costs), so I'll be training up for that. I still have a lot of kinks to work out of my pika (p.s. dash attack sucks). Hopefully you all will be able to make it. I look forward to it.

Nice tourney results, by the way. Mike, regardless of whether it was a 'fluke' or not, second place is awesome. Don't listen to dan smith, he's a sour ****. That's not an easy feat, and it deserves some respect. Dark, good job as usual. We know you pwn. Phat, nice job on 3rd. I don't know how much you used Link, but the fact that you used him at all in a tourney is cool. Dmac, i knew you'd get 4th. You always get 4th. Best of the Lawrence crew.

And good job to everyone else. Wish I could have been there.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Pyrogamer
awww, i wish i would've visited when this tourney was going on. I love me falco dittos, yum.

jeremey, sorry to hear about the Link, better luck next time.

Silent Jupiter>other girl smashers

You remembered me?! that means so much, you're falco was the soooo awesome! I'm getting so close to getting my shine combos down, I just need to improve accuracy (w/ l-cancels and such) speed, and then add a little creative style, and I think i'll be fine *whew* that's a lot!

Mike, I haven't played your falco yet, but you play very very differently than I do. I am curious to see how we do against eachother, I don't know, but I'm told I'm pretty good at falco dittos. :) guess we'll see at E-57! :D

EDIT: And no problem for the ride guys, really really sorry I made you late and got lost...I felt terrible about it, like REALLY terrible...hence the icky mood. :\ *wuv you guys!*

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanx N64!!! It was not a fluke at all, I had to beat jimi, Z, aero, phat, and Dmac just to get out of the gutter and into 2nd place. But it was an awesome tournie and I am getting better everytime I go to one. I am practicing Lcancelling and shine to spike combos right now. I can kinda do shine to spike combos but not that good. I got a lot faster too. See u at E-57 N64 and everyone else. Also I will ditto u jessi..

dan smith

Smash Champion
Psssh....

Kansas crew beat Nebraska crew by 3 stock. 3 right?

No thanks to Dan Smith...who sucked.

N64: Thanks! I am the best low-tier smasher in our group! That means a lot to me because there are so many other people who play low-tier. :p

I am the only low-tier smasher N64...

:(

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
First off congrats to the Lawrence guys for winning the first Omaha vs Lawrence match by 3 stock. Hopefully we will even it up, if we can get the whole line-up together for another tourney.

Jeff really nice work on your win against me man. I thought I had you on Battlefield after my earlier platform level victory, but you adjusted and took me down. Maybe I should have picked Fox.

Matt - You are definitely on target about us placing lower than we expected. We need to get in some practice before E57.

Austin - We definitely need to SMASH man. You and your buddy need to come play when me and Mike are having our afternoon and evening Smash sessions. We'll call you.

Aero - Nice win against me, I've never played a decent Peach before tho. Hopefully I can adjust and beat you and Jimi (who crushed me in friendly) next time.

Jimi - You beat the hell outta me in that friendly man. Ive never played a good Peach like I said, and I need to learn some tricks against her.

DYC - Yer good :)

Aaron (Dragon) - Tough losses man. We need to smash.

Yosh - Keep representing the Yosh man. I know it impresses all who play it :-P Give us a call when you are in town.

Mike - Nice work man, but we definitely need to work on our team battles. Can't see how the hell we got spammed out in teams *sigh* I KNOW we are better than that.

Dan Lucky - Your Fox is cold-blooded bro. Fox is another I have limited experience against (it blows when you only play like 4 people on a regular basis). You are so technical with him, and I think you should keep working on him and make him your main.

Dan Smith - Nice wins against me. Like you already said, I've never played a good Ness before and I was really unprepared. Gotta give yourself some credit tho, you definitely know how to use his aerials hit boxes and stuff. Look forward to more matches on your turf next time, where I can hopefully get my revenge.

Dark - What can I say that hasn't already been said? Besides, more praise would just go to your head. I wouldn't want you thinking you are too good for Arby's or something :-P

Phatgamer, Jesi, Dmac, Z, probably some others, I didn't get to play you. But I heard E57 has plenty of friendlies going so I can't wait. At the least, me, Mike, and Devon will be there. I wanna see more Devon vs Jesi matches :-P Congrats again to all who placed.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Dont worry about me thinking you were a jerk by not responding DS, i already knew you were one :D Nah, your a really cool guy, and i understand about the throat. i was just wanting to have a chat with the best ness player i have ever seen. Man, you take the char and basically defy his tier rating, you make him incredible. But yeah, i hade a fun time this tourney, even though my gannon got beat in a good match 1-2 by a fox, and i got jewwed by the edgeguard of link for my second loss, but it was fun. I am hoping to get a new char up and going for this next tourney, and well, hopefully, he will be good. Hey mo, yeah i know we need to smash, and jerilyn said it would be cool if i hung out with the guys more often, so that means more smash time:D :D :D . And mike, what a comeback. I knew you would do good after how good you were doing that morn. Great props on the 2nd place. But we need to smash more. And hey, when is e57? I believe the 5 guys and a yosh crew is going to go, so that will be fun. Laterz everyone
Dragon

N64

Smash Champion
Smith...i was considering low-tier everything from mid down. Everything that's legal in a low-tier tourney. That includes (my) pika and (lucky's) dk. You > that.

Plus, no johns.

and e-57 is feb 19.

Mike Falco lover

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I cant wait until E-57!!!!!!!!!!! I have been practicing falco for the past 2 days. I think I got all my sh it together with him.. We shall see though. Yeah mo the next time we smash we need to work on our team game, I think we should only play other people 1v1 from now on. We know eachother too well right now. So when we smash we should have a few more people with us, like david or austin. Well just call me sometime mo and we will play games.

dan smith

Smash Champion
N64: You're right, in Low-tier tournaments they often allow Mid, Low, and Bottom.

I think it's silly though, it's call a Low-tier tournament. I bet Ken made up the rule just so he could use Roy.

I hope Antx really dedicates himself to DK. I wrote few paragraphs why...but I deleted them cause they were too much.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Originally posted by Dragon7507
Earth Bowser is a smasher from sumner, IA, he is aaron #2, i am aaron #3 and i dunno who aaron 1 is, cant remember. But her is a very versitile player, good with a variety of people. But i do believe his main is lugi.
Dragon
Technically I’m Aaron #1. I earned the title because I said it first. And that’s hard work. And yeah, Aarosmashguy is Aaron #2.

Also, technically I live in Cedar Falls, Iowa; my friends are from Sumner. I also technically rock... Rock hard.

Top Bottom