• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC Dec/Jan SSBM tournaments

DualEdge

Smash Cadet
Tournaments for the next two months have been announced. They will take place Dec 17-19th and Jan 21-23rd. Other games will be accompanying SSBM, but since this is a Smash forum I won't go into details here. Anyway rules for Smash are as follows:

PRIZES for all SSBM Tournaments

1st Place - 60% of cash pot + $30 in tokens

2nd Place - 25% of cash pot + $20 in tokens

3rd Place - 15% of cash pot + $10 in tokens

Stages:
Fountain of Dreams
Peach's Castle
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium
Mute City
Kirby's Dreamland
Battlefield
Final Destination

Singles: Entry Fee $7 ($2 goes to FFC)
-Matches will be best 2/3 with a 6Min time limit and each player will have 3 stock of lives.
-Double Elimination
-Items will be completely OFF
-During your match, if you are the winner with games still left to play in the set, you must select the same character that you won with. (i.e. Player 1 as Falco wins the first game, he must remain as Falco for the second. If Player 1 loses, then for the third match he can choose a new character, but Player 2 must remain as the player he selected during match 2).

-FINALS: Play will take place on one of 3 stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, and Pokemon Stadium in Best 3/5 rounds with no time limit.

Teams: Entry Fee $14 per Team ($4 goes to FFC)
-Matches will be best 2/3 with a 6Min time limit and each player will have 3 stock of lives.
-Double Elimination
-Items will be completely OFF.
-Friendly Fire will be ON.
-Winnings are split for the winning teams.
-Same rule as Singles pertaining to winners in that teams must keep their characters the same.

4 Player Free for All: Entry Fee $7 ($2 goes to FFC)
-Double Elimination
-One match is played with a 10Min time limit and each player will have 4 stock of lives.
-Items will be completely OFF.
-Essentially, the top 2 players in a match will advance, while the bottom 2 will either go to the loser's bracket or be eliminated. This will continue until the end of the tournament when it will naturally turn into a Head-to-Head match for the Finals and for the winner of the loser's bracket.
-Finals will follow the same format as the Singles finals.

More details can be found at http://www.familyfuncenter.net/tournaments including rules for Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and HALO 2.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Great stuff. Hope we get as good of a turnout at we did for the previous tourney (like 45 people I think).

Anyways our crew will of course be there and I'm hoping the Iowa and Kansas guys can make it here for this tourney.

The FFA thing sounds kind of interesting, never really heard of anything like it.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Its time I stepped up.... Again. Im not sure what happened at the last few other tourneys Ive been to. But this one I will destroy you guys. bahahahahaha!!! (looks at peach spammer) GO YOSH POWER!!!

dmac

Smash Champion
better rules, still not the standard set, but much much more acceptable.

the best change about this tourney is having it all on the same day, very nice :) i'll try to bring as many from kansas as I can, probably give you a # closer to tourney date

Tacoom

Smash Lord
How about we do this. Have the first 8 stages on random for the first match. Then the loser of that match can either change character or pick the next level (non banned stages). And before the match starts, both of the players can each pick one stage not to play on. I think this would make the stage picking sequins run at a fairness.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
I can beat the current champion half and half. I am confident I will do well in this one because last time I had to face Mario in the first rounds. My main problem is Mike but I have a feeling I am getting better against him, only time and matches will tell. (Mo I own you so bad)

Big Burn

Smash Lord
the real omaha crew will also be showing up which includes....
Me(Mario)
Jeff(Shiek)
Shem(Link)
Shea(Marth)
Beave(Marth)
my friends are awesome to and most of them didnt even show up to the last tournament...... LET THE GAMES ****ING BEGIN

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yer bringing your whole crew this time? Good stuff man. Gimme a call today Matt because me, Mike, and Deev are smashing (I think).

Tacoom

Smash Lord
I wouldnt put it past me if Dark takes first. Ive heard a lot about him. but Ill be holding my own. I live in Iowa so im not really part of any Omaha crew. Im Just "Yosh"

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Dark: if i could get a ride from you or dmac, i would make a showing. i will ditto all links, ganons, falcos, sheiks, and THE YOSH.:grrr:

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
yea..that would apply to me too...if dark could give me a ride ..or someone .. i would most likely be able to attend...if they arent ******* again..

SORRY THIS IS AERO...I FORGOT TO LOG OUT OF PHATS...

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Sweet. Another Yoshi to put in shame :chuckle: (I Ked, I Ked) but I have to warn you guys. This isnt like most other tourneys. As far as I know there are only going to be 4 Cubes and TVs. And those are all for the tourney. unless you guys get there early. or even the day before. or hang out after the tourneys. Those are the options. ^-^

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
ok uh......could you uh....kinda.....put that in leyman's terms?

if i understand correctly, then you will only have 4?!?!?!?!? setups.
we will definitely need more setups.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Despite how well both the KS and Lawrence crews do. Its all for fun. besides, Ill be there to stop you guys.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
heh, im not even KC. im BS:rotfl:

for all you n00bs out there...BS stands for Blue Springs.
and BS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else in Missouri.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Ahh, its that time of the month, Smashin. I can't wait for this tourney, as because this time i will actually get to play in singles, which will be fun. I also think i am gonna pull out my original SSBM char for this tourney...........Samus. I have been practicing a lot with her lately, and after going to gannon, i really like her speed and versatility. But yeah, cant wait for this tourney, its gonna rock. Laterz

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
This is going to sound kinda crazy guys but I think I have developed a real good Falco. I was using him a bit today against Devon and I was beating him routinely. Didn't get a chance to try against Mike since he was sleeping already, but it's totally different from the way those 2 play Falco.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Sweet, if u can get a good falco going by the tourney, that would be cool, then you would have a backup char incase u played a shiek who was good.But yeah, wedefinatly need to smash sometime,maybe on monday when i get back from GI. Oh, and just so u know, my samus is nuting like crash's, i dont spam, i would rather mix it up.

Dragon

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Dang Aaron you took out my Falco in our one match today lol I guess it still needs some work. But I tell you I can get it up there because I was doing really well with it the other day. Still think Fox or SHeik are my next best after Marth tho. Peach spamming was owning yesterday too tho, I beat both Mike and Devon with it.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Whats with the 'Peach spammer (shakes fist*)'? I am excited for the one v one portion of the tourney and I am not really sure if I can make the 2v2 or ffa.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well at the last tourney, there was a peach who would only down smash. We are upset that he got pasted off as a "really good player" it was just BullSh*t.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Yeah he was pretty terrible and I was totally owning him in the 2v2 portion when it was a 1on1 for the victory. Too bad that capsule exploded on me.

Peach spamming was working real nice for me against the Falcos tho.

Top Bottom