• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha, NE FFC Dec/Jan SSBM tournaments

dmac

Smash Champion
looks like theres gonna be a ton of interest in this one :) if theres 45 from last time, +10ish from kc/lawrence, should be a good mix up. kinda like ippo vs sendo

DYC

Smash Champion
MAKUNOUCHI'S LIVER BLOW EXPLOOOOOODES!!!!! THIS IS THE CHALLENGER'S WINNING PATTERN!!!

And it's also very easy to beat a peach that does nothing but down smash...

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
When I spam Down smash with Peach its only when they get really close to me. I am the king of turnip spamming lol...'

Sorry Yosh :-P

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I cant wait for this tournament doofs. It will be a great experience for my well played falco once again. All I have to worry about is matt and darkrain, and possibly mo. I am ready to experience darkrains capt. falcon. This time I will take the title away from matt and hold it from darkrain. My words hold its own and I am ready for battle. Beware Mike's Falco!!!!!!!!!!!

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I'm going to try what I can to come to this. I think this is the weekend after finals, so that's good. Now the only roadblock is work, but hopefully I can get the days off. Although if Darkrain is coming, I might as well save the gas money and just mail him my entry fee.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Yeah FaceLoran try to avoid multiple posts by using the edit button. I think that is totally screwed up that people would not come just because one person that is really good is coming. If you ever want to get better you have to face hard competition instead of being lame and saying 'oh, he is too good for me I might as well not even come...' LAME

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm one of the Lawrencians, and I'll try to make it too, just to annoy DYC, of course. Oh, and also to show that Pikachu can be a destructive force!...sorta.

Anyways, I'll hopefully see you guys there.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh I watched some of Darkrains video and all I can say is...uh-oh hehe...

ANyways Matt umm where the **** are you I can't call your phone and we are supposed to be smashing today.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
heh, you guys are freaking out over nothing. darkrain is over rated. *sees darkrain*........................*runs*

but seriously, i almost beat him in the finals at Event 54 so i dont think there is very much to be worried about. he was the only person i lost to though -_________-

DYC

Smash Champion
was i watching a different finals set at e54 than you phat?

oh and btw i'm going to kill you Andy. (go partner!)

dmac

Smash Champion
umm... phat... do you even remember the finals? you took one match from dark, and he humiliated you in front of everyone, like he always does. i'd hardly say that you "almost beat" dark rain. hahaha come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PHAT!!!!!!!!!!! lets get grounded in reality here. the fact is, dark will almost surely take first, but anyone who watches him and tries to learn from him, is going to take in a lot of valuble information. this guy knows how to play, learn dammit. don't be afraid to get your *** whooped though, and don't refuse to come because of it.

also theres gonna be a f*ckton of competition here, don't look down on us lawrence kids.

DYC

Smash Champion
also loran which dark vid did you watch? because if its the one from alabama thats oooold. if you can get your hands on the smym2 footage of him and eddie its a good watch =P

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think it is pathetic to study for hours and hours footage of your opponent playing. Sure it can be a good indicator for what is to come but come on, get a **** life!

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Its good to know what your up against but I agree with sheik on the hard-core studying. More important things around and about. As for the Yosh dittos Phat, we will figure something out. Just show up.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Well the videos I downloaded were against that Vidjogamer guy who is apparently pretty good considering he just won a big tourney.

Theres gonna be a pretty good amount of good players it seems. SOme good news is that there will probably be a lot of dead money, if its anything like the last tourney.

DYC

Smash Champion
get a **** life
Ah the perfect excuse for losing at a game, "if someone is good at it, they must have no life"

It's called free time, and believe it or not you can have a life and still devote time to things you enjoy.

And also you are playing the same game i am playing, in the same tournaments. which makes you the same nerd that i am, and if you say otherwise you are simply in denial.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa dmac!!! ok ill admit that dark gave me a good thrashing, but i didnt just beat him once. i beat him once in winners vs. losers, once in the first set finals, and once in the last set finals. 1+1+1=3 so :p. i was just trying to gat more people to show up, thats all. i wasnt trying to "toot my own horn", just releive the pressure of dark being there.

sounds good tacoom.

Sheik_1234

Smash Cadet
Haha maybe I should have made my point more clear. I am not calling anybody a nerd with no life. All I am saying is that it is more beneficial for you to play actual people and get better that way than sit on your computer and tirelessly studying someone else's footage. Sorry if it came out wrong.

DYC

Smash Champion
that i will agree with. :) but the one problem you run into playing people is that if you play with the same people all the time you tend to all peak out at the same skill level and it can be hard to "level up" as it were without some kind of advanced reference such as videos or perhaps an advanced faq.

dmac

Smash Champion
you HAVE to know whats out there. just playing smash with your friends isn't gonna teach you the latest greatest ways to own. usually one person finds out a sweet new thing, and it trickles down to the rest of us, the person doesn' thave to be super elite, they just realize something is in the game that no one else has.

to not watch videos and not know what people are capable of, and to play someone who has and has learned from them would leave you in a state of shock. it'd be like going outside, seeing snow for the first time, and having no idea why it felt cold

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I didn't actually mean I wouldn't come if Darkrain came. I was just joking. I wasn't trying to come accross as lame. Although he did beat me in about twenty friendlies in a row at SMYM, so that would make me worry about me not ever seeing my entry fee again. But if anything, Darkrain coming would make me want to go even more, not less.

By the way, this is a three day event? What tournaments will be held when?

jimi8705

Banned via Administration
i pwn dark all the time

i never watch videos, i just beat the weak *** local competition

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
I can't wait for this tourney, its gonna rock. Hey EB, do u have a partner for doubles yet? If not, i need one cause Tacoom is going to try his luck with a friend from GI. Also, anyone else who is in need of a partner, lemme know cause i wanna play in doubles badly. Well, laterz everyone
Dragon

Tacoom

Smash Lord
So I guessing we get to met DL now? Neat!
Dragon sorry again about the partner thing. Black Fairies will rest this tourney.:(

ANTX

Smash Ace
i'm a cool dude with some neat moves, dawg.
i'll bring my woman too. she pwns all.
Aly beat Dmac 1v1, and Dmac was a counter character.
Aly also beat Aaron.
and me...
stupid Aly.

EDIT: EDIT: OH YEAH! DARKRAIN IS MY PARTNER THIS TIME AROUND!

we shall iwn. or 0wn, or lwn, or ;wn, or 9wn, or -wn, or kwn.

probably kwn. but strictly no owning or pwning.

"DL is too good." -jimi and dark.

jimi<<<<<<<<<<<<DYC...
and DYC sux.

Prediction:
1- DL
2- Aly
3- Aaron (he's ssoooo gewd!)
4- DS (WTF?)
5- jimi and phat.
last- Dark.

Teams:
1- DL and Dark.