• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Vs Falco (MU Discussion)

Excellence

Smash Champion
Excellence in the Oli matchup Peach's float barely helps her close range game. At all.

And haha you called Fino stupid. He's still a troll but we're still not in 2008 anymore.
So Turnips to keep Olimar away, Floating DAir > cancel > a ton of options isn't what makes Peach dangerous? If you disagree then you tell me what does.

Yup, Fino disgusts me. It's very annoying and it wastes its time posting to me because I just keep it on ignore. Except for that last time. Let's not go off topic though.

Greward

Smash Lord
ignoring someone's opinion in a matchup discussion just because hes arguing with you is... dunno the correct word. lame?

Jane

Smash Hero
lol, anyways. i think its falco's advantage but im not sure just how much. but i definitely dont think its even or our advantage.

Noa.

Smash Master

So Turnips to keep Olimar away, Floating DAir > cancel > a ton of options isn't what makes Peach dangerous? If you disagree then you tell me what does.

Yup, Fino disgusts me. It's very annoying and it wastes its time posting to me because I just keep it on ignore. Except for that last time. Let's not go off topic though.
Since when did Peach's close range game use turnips? And floating dair is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo punishable by Oli. Omg floating dair is a horrible thing for Peach to do. Usmash oos or fair pick your poison to punish that lol.

I said floating is bad in close range. And if you tell me that it is, :/

But back to Falco.

Everyone agrees that it's 60:40 Falco.

So now stages.

What two stages do we strike?

fd
bf
sv
yi
lc

I would strike fd and yi. The falco would strike lc and then bf or sv depending on their preference.

Sv has the moving platform which makes it easier to avoid the chaingrab, same with bf's and lc's layouts. Yi's platform makes that too difficult.

Excellence

Smash Champion
ignoring someone's opinion in a matchup discussion just because hes arguing with you is... dunno the correct word. lame?
Absolutely not. Annoying Fino because it personally trolls me like a computer virus. I swore I had it on ignore and it popped up again. I think I sqwashed it this time.

Childish. <seriously...
I'm not ignoring Fino because it disagrees, I'm ignoring it because of how it disagrees and because I previously had its posts set to ignore. I just chose to click that one and find it disagreed. It's not childish to ignore a personal troll. Let's stay on topic and be productive though, shall we?

Since when did Peach's close range game use turnips? And floating dair is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo punishable by Oli. Omg floating dair is a horrible thing for Peach to do. Usmash oos or fair pick your poison to punish that lol.

I said floating is bad in close range. And if you tell me that it is, :/

But back to Falco.

Everyone agrees that it's 60:40 Falco.

So now stages.

What two stages do we strike?

fd
bf
sv
yi
lc

I would strike fd and yi. The falco would strike lc and then bf or sv depending on their preference.

Sv has the moving platform which makes it easier to avoid the chaingrab, same with bf's and lc's layouts. Yi's platform makes that too difficult.
Let's save the Peach talk for when Peach comes up again. I really don't think it's 40:60 in Falco's advantage. Falco players are just overall better than Olimar players from what it seems.

I would never really strike a stage with lips against Falco just because Olimar can get him offstage pretty early on and keep knocking him back. I would say stay away we want Lylat Cruise (which they'll strike), Yoshi's Island, or Final Destination. I think those lips on the side can mess with Falco's recover on Yoshi's Land. That being said, I would actually like to go there. The platform seems good for punishing him and the stage is curvey in places so he may mess up a chaingrab or hit a random Shy Guy and get screwed over. Olimar has those ghosts to work with on rare occasion too so I think Yoshi's Island and Lylat Cruise are where we want to go.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I troll everyone equally bro - sack up. lol.

EDIT
Few words of advice:
(1) Don't post something as a fact (or strong opinion) until you have high-level experience.
(2) Antagonizing then acting offended (or jumping on a high horse) by the reply is like the oooooldest trolling ever. Don't enter a troll battle you can't win :)
and with that (3) Try some respect in a community. Especially when you have not given any type of results or shown the community you know your stuff.

Someone quote me so he can read it, XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I troll everyone equally bro - sack up. lol.

EDIT
Few words of advice:
(1) Don't post something as a fact (or strong opinion) until you have high-level experience.
(2) Antagonizing then acting offended (or jumping on a high horse) by the reply is like the oooooldest trolling ever. Don't enter a troll battle you can't win :)
and with that (3) Try some respect in a community. Especially when you have not given any type of results or shown the community you know your stuff.

Someone quote me so he can read it, XD
Quoting so he can read it.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
I'll edit this with info later but for stages, I believe sv is the best to take him to, bf is the worst

Greward

Smash Lord
lol

sv is a free win for falco unless ur going to camp all day and do a lot of stuff in the moving platform, otherwise dont go there.

yi is great against falco just as lylat. bf is an ok stage for both. fd... i dont like it, so campy and no platforms

about cps... halberd>frigate>delfino>lylat>ps1 imo
brinstar should be good too

excelence the "falco players are better than olimar's" is just a stupid thing, samus ***** MK its just that samus players are worse than mk's. and i lost to falcos that are ranked below me or place way worse than me in tourneys. anyways u dont know a **** about the japanese or european scene so u shouldnt say that

btw peach can dair in our shield and then float cancel to nair so we cant punish it with usmash oos, dunno if we can punish the nair before peach throw a jab

love that pic fino xD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
SV isn't a free win for falco. The platform is amazing for us at the early parts of each stock. And of course you should be camping all day and taking advantage of the moving platform. Do what you need to do twin. Camping the platform removes the possibility of him being able to chain grab us out of a stock. Camp the platform until he lasers and nairs you to about 25%, all the while tossing pikmin (grounded) and fsmashing off the side. Be careful though because if the Falco lands on the platform and it's moving in the direction he's facing, he can CG us without him having to move, and I think he gets one more grab from it. But he can't spike us off the side at least, unless we're standing at the edge when he grabs us, or the platform reaches the end of the trip around the time he dthrows us. And Falco takes better advantage of BF's platforms than we can. SV is the best neutral that Falco will allow you to take him to, in a five starter set. Seven and Nine sets, it gets more and more in our favor.

Delfino is the best stage to take falco to. Halberd is okay, but nothing dramatic. But Delfino is definitely, without a doubt, the best stage we can take Falco to. Frigate is okay as well. Rainbow Cruise is a great choice, definitely better than Frigate. Lylat is misunderstood, and is definitely not as bad as people think it is for Falco. It's not bad for us, but it's nothing amazing. Castle Siege isn't bad. PS1 is okay. Smashville is a good choice, and is my second CP against Falcos, if they know to ban Delfino. I can give reasons if you'd like.

Greward

Smash Lord
i understand the theory, but it just doesnt work for me. i will never take falco to sv, but i rarely take any char to sv because i don't like the stage and i dont feel comfortable on it. but yeah ive seen nietono cping sv to falcos so it probly wont be so bad. u can give me reasons if u like, i can try new things in freeplays, but i only believe in my personal experience and it says sv is not a good idea.
and bf is ok against falco. brood did better than in other stages and dehf is supposed to be one of the best players in BF.
and agreed with that lylat is not that bad for falco. if the stage is tilting correctly for falco he can do a SHDL and both lasers would hit us being grounded xD. its just that lylat is the stage i like the most so i usually cp there every char i play, with some exceptions.
i dont like delfino, so i cant say too much, but ill definitely give it a try soon, just like brinstar. even though im scared he changes to mk but this shouldnt be discussed lol
ps1 works wonders. dunno about CS
rc is not legal in europe so idk, i just feel it should be good
about CS i cant say nothing because i never play there.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
SV, castle siege, halberd, lylat, in that order IMO (never faced falco on delfino though)

if olimar camps the moving platform correctly, falco can do nothing as long as olimar focuses on being safe, falco has to fullhop or double shorthop to land on the platform, so its easy to see him coming on, he pretty much can't approach us on the platform until its hovering over the stage which is when olimar can use a mix of shielind attacks and taking like 2% poke damage, trying to dair falco out of his attacks, or just jumping away, when it is hovering offstage, we can just side a lot and grab every possible approach falco can have except for jumping offstage to get under the platform, which should never work for falco if olimar spaces and reacts right

for castle siege, 2/3 forms mess up almost all of falco's game, the third part is pretty bad for us though in this MU, as everyone knows, i really like this stage so most people will disagree on this

halberd is the generic olimar CP, no special notes, if you like YI, you should like halberd even more

lylat's platforms and the fact is doesn't hurt our recovery or spacing makes it good because falco only gets disadvantaged by itt

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm also a fan of SV, especially since we can pivot grab him through the platform. I can hear their mental WTF of frustration every time and it sounds so SWEEEEEEET

Noa.

Smash Master
Haha Grew you seem to be the only one who doesn't like sv. The best stages are basically always defined by the player themselves anyway so it makes sense considering that you don't like sv in any matchup.

I really don't like yi. The platform makes it a bit more difficult to recover and I think that lylat, bf, and sv are all clearly superior.

I could definetly see Delfino as a good cp. Halberd is meh, especially considering that some of Falco's kills will be from usmash. If not Delfino I would be taking Falco to Siege cause of personal preference.

Are there any thoughts on taking him to rainbow cruise lol?

Dnyce

Smash Master
I was able to beat Shug0's Falco on delfino if it helps... but that's like my signature stage (see: draco's last post), haha.

Also, I hate smashville. I make a personal effort to never play on that stage on wifi when I practice. Once that chat comes up l'm just like
"Herro :3"
"hey"
"Anything but sv, you pick ;o"
It's interesting too that I get to see where characters prefer to go on their starter. So in tournament with my 2+ strikes, I usually strike smashville + the stage I see most people of that character usually choose (unless I feel comfortable playing that char there).

Sometimes they burn their counterpick on smashville because they think I don't like it/am bad on it. Man, that sucks - lmao

Greward

Smash Lord
I was able to beat Shug0's Falco on delfino if it helps... but that's like my signature stage (see: draco's last post), haha.

Also, I hate smashville. I make a personal effort to never play on that stage on wifi when I practice. Once that chat comes up l'm just like
"Herro :3"
"hey"
"Anything but sv, you pick ;o"
It's interesting too that I get to see where characters prefer to go on their starter. So in tournament with my 2+ strikes, I usually strike smashville + the stage I see most people of that character usually choose (unless I feel comfortable playing that char there).

Sometimes they burn their counterpick on smashville because they think I don't like it/am bad on it. Man, that sucks - lmao
if u lived in europe im pretty sure u would ban smashville. it's also known as frenchville
i quote it because of our beloved excelence

Scarhi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eriaaasu
I like Smashville's platform against Falcos, it keeps you safe from their CG. But recently, I've seen Falcos platform canceling when I'm on it and trying to grab me immediately after.(they can't do it consistently, but it could become quite dangerous if they could, I guess)

...but yeah, as Greward said, we play sooooo much on Smashville in France that I strike it against most characters, now xD (not against Falco, obviously)

Greward

Smash Lord
on a platform we can punish falco's sh bair with a purple pikmin usmash oos, other pikmins dont work because the bair hits/kills the pikmin.

Greward

Smash Lord
i tested it with marcbri and the bair killed my pikmin. but maybe he didnt do a legit usmash oos so the bair hitbox had already ended and yellow's pikmin large hitbox would still hit him

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i tested it with marcbri and the bair killed my pikmin. but maybe he didnt do a legit usmash oos so the bair hitbox had already ended and yellow's pikmin large hitbox would still hit him
Maybe your pikmin was already close to death and the bair just took away the last of his HP

Greward

Smash Lord
yellow pikmin only survives 9% so bair will always kill him

and yeah frigate is one of my favourite cps against falco

Top Bottom