• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Video Thread!(?)

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I can't remember well who was asking for help about Villager's Custom tree and Gyroid, when they start to grab the ledge and repeat the movement over and over.
I had a replay winning against one of them, but with the update of Smash it got lost.

Si here is a another video playing against that kind of Villager. The first minutes are bad decisions but after that all is in my favor.
Vs Villager :4villager: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6zL-Kb4o_4

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Some more random videos:
Vs Ness :4ness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSf1FIKBFH8
I totally loved the 2 purples side B to push him away from the platform at the end. I always try to do that but never works xD.

Vs Bowser :4bowser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4EU_jqC8UA
I was super confident and paid the price for that.

Vs Shulk :4shulk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTYHKseXjQ
The Usmash at the edge get up was an amazing read from him. He destroyed me the next 2 games after this but I forgot to save XD.

Vs Yoshi #1 :4yoshi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Ylj8OvjPQ
Vs Yoshi #2 :4yoshi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mULQNnxAigY
Vs Yoshi #3 :4yoshi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5scnEhgxaU
This is one of the best Yoshi I know :( ... he destroy me very often XD. Almost every time we play we end like 10 - 3 on his favor.

Vs Diddy Kong :4diddy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQG02cbMA5Q
I lost the game but the final move is so sad XD.

All I have to say is: Thank you Nintendo for letting me upload these videos XD.

Comments? Suggestion? Opinions? All are very appreciated :)

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
- Why was Delfino the starting stage? It's usually considered to be a counterpick stage, and some of the elements of it may have contributed to your loss in game 1, like:
- The stage transition that messes up your followup fair at 0:37.
- The umbrella limiting your get-up options at 1:48, resulting in you getting hit from sour Usmash.
- The sharking Uair near the end of the game.
If it's considered to be a starter, then you may want to consider striking this out if possible. If you have to play on this stage, then you may need to be more aware of the stage elements. Like say, you want to quickly check the timer every now and then to predict the stage transition, so you can prepare accordingly for the upcoming situation (would you be forced to give up stage control, would you need to change your followup if you dthrow, etc.).
- You seem to be throwing a lot Usmashes out in game 1 for some reason, where your opponent is nowhere near you and actively combating your zoning with eggs. Try to use it only when you are sure your opponent is under pressure and know your opponent's movements.
- Try whistling through Usmash? I'm not sure if this is possible, but since it's similar to Fox's Usmash the attack could probably come out late enough such that the super armor will protect you from the knockback. Whistling more also just helps in just mixing up your limited options when trying to get back down on the ground, and could also help get out the Utilt juggles in game 3.
- I think your being a little too aggressive overall, and your opponent is already so aggressive that it may be better to be more defensive. There were a few instances where you went for a dash grab to try to punish a whiffed attack, and due to the long endlag and potential big punish your opponent can do (such as Jab1 -> Usmash in game 2), it may be wiser to reduce the amount of dash grabs that you do and be more aware of whether you have enough time to punish a whiff. When you're in the air, there were a few times that you drift towards the opponent and end up being punished (such as your Bair into the opponent's shield and empty drifting right as the opponent down Bs your stock), so it may be better to land away from your opponent while preparing for whatever he will do while you're landing (dash attack/grab, neutral b, approaching fair). Try playing defensively without giving up your side of the stage, using side B, Fsmash, and pivot grabs. Cycle for purples and any appropriate color for the situation at hand. Once you get stage control and have 1-2 purples in line, you can play more passive-aggressively with side B spamming.
- Be aware of what Yoshi can do in disadvantage. Nair allows him to get out of potential strings/combos that would generally work with other characters, but one thing that the opponent doesn't use is super armor double jump. This gives Yoshi a few varied options to stop your combos - airdodge, double jump, nair, and maybe air stalling with Up B and Down B. There are several times where your opponent airdodges, so you just want to wait for that and punish it with the appropriate move. Powershield Nairs, especially if the opponent is obviously going to use it (after your jab combo or DI-ing away from your Dthrow). Watch your opponent for the other options--give space for down B, watch the egg for up B, and just think about your opponent's possible options if he double jumps.

- You went for the standard get-up option a lot. It's probably hard given Bowser's size, but mix up your get-up options a bit because you got punished a lot for using the same option.
- Just like Yoshi, you should probably be a little more defensive and make space between you and him. Close range is where he will outclass you just because his large size gives him a decent range with his grabs and attacks and UpB punishes any whiffed move. Given that Battlefield's main platform is relatively small and Bowser runs relatively fast for a heavy and covers a bit of space with his Dash Attack, you need to be constantly on the move away from him until you can get a solid advantage.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I really haven't played these MUs a lot, so I may not have the necessary experience yet to say these things confidently.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
- Why was Delfino the starting stage? It's usually considered to be a counterpick stage, and some of the elements of it may have contributed to your loss in game 1, like:
- The stage transition that messes up your followup fair at 0:37.
- The umbrella limiting your get-up options at 1:48, resulting in you getting hit from sour Usmash.
- The sharking Uair near the end of the game.
If it's considered to be a starter, then you may want to consider striking this out if possible. If you have to play on this stage, then you may need to be more aware of the stage elements. Like say, you want to quickly check the timer every now and then to predict the stage transition, so you can prepare accordingly for the upcoming situation (would you be forced to give up stage control, would you need to change your followup if you dthrow, etc.).
- You seem to be throwing a lot Usmashes out in game 1 for some reason, where your opponent is nowhere near you and actively combating your zoning with eggs. Try to use it only when you are sure your opponent is under pressure and know your opponent's movements.
- Try whistling through Usmash? I'm not sure if this is possible, but since it's similar to Fox's Usmash the attack could probably come out late enough such that the super armor will protect you from the knockback. Whistling more also just helps in just mixing up your limited options when trying to get back down on the ground, and could also help get out the Utilt juggles in game 3.
- I think your being a little too aggressive overall, and your opponent is already so aggressive that it may be better to be more defensive. There were a few instances where you went for a dash grab to try to punish a whiffed attack, and due to the long endlag and potential big punish your opponent can do (such as Jab1 -> Usmash in game 2), it may be wiser to reduce the amount of dash grabs that you do and be more aware of whether you have enough time to punish a whiff. When you're in the air, there were a few times that you drift towards the opponent and end up being punished (such as your Bair into the opponent's shield and empty drifting right as the opponent down Bs your stock), so it may be better to land away from your opponent while preparing for whatever he will do while you're landing (dash attack/grab, neutral b, approaching fair). Try playing defensively without giving up your side of the stage, using side B, Fsmash, and pivot grabs. Cycle for purples and any appropriate color for the situation at hand. Once you get stage control and have 1-2 purples in line, you can play more passive-aggressively with side B spamming.
- Be aware of what Yoshi can do in disadvantage. Nair allows him to get out of potential strings/combos that would generally work with other characters, but one thing that the opponent doesn't use is super armor double jump. This gives Yoshi a few varied options to stop your combos - airdodge, double jump, nair, and maybe air stalling with Up B and Down B. There are several times where your opponent airdodges, so you just want to wait for that and punish it with the appropriate move. Powershield Nairs, especially if the opponent is obviously going to use it (after your jab combo or DI-ing away from your Dthrow). Watch your opponent for the other options--give space for down B, watch the egg for up B, and just think about your opponent's possible options if he double jumps.

- You went for the standard get-up option a lot. It's probably hard given Bowser's size, but mix up your get-up options a bit because you got punished a lot for using the same option.
- Just like Yoshi, you should probably be a little more defensive and make space between you and him. Close range is where he will outclass you just because his large size gives him a decent range with his grabs and attacks and UpB punishes any whiffed move. Given that Battlefield's main platform is relatively small and Bowser runs relatively fast for a heavy and covers a bit of space with his Dash Attack, you need to be constantly on the move away from him until you can get a solid advantage.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I really haven't played these MUs a lot, so I may not have the necessary experience yet to say these things confidently.
Thank you so much for this buddy, I will pay more attention of everything you put here.
It is really important for me to receive these comments and suggestions from you and everyone else in our forum, because I feel like I have zero improvement since some time ago till now :(.

I made a mistake with wrong order of the match, specially because of you pointed out about Delfino being 1st, thanks.

Also I want to REMARK AND REMEMBER something I share with everyone time ago. It is the "spinning" animation I was speaking of after a Dthrow.
This happens exactly here vs Yoshi #2.
If you can see the trajectory and reaction time after the Dthrow, are totally different from the tipical Dthrow.
I may be a little exaggerated here but seems to me like a true combo, particularly for the highest up knockback and the purple pikmin succeeding taking the stock.
If this could be something we can control... it would change our game forever and will be another kill option besides Blue Uthrow.

Sadly I keep feeling this is a random stuff, by seeing here vs Yoshi #3 at 2% more doesn't come out the spinning animation.

Once again, thank your for your comments @ Blue Banana Blue Banana ^^.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
I don't really need advice on this one because I know what I did wrong, but if anyone wants to see me play ZeRo on his stream, here I am against his Captain Falcon. It's a short, fun match because I scared him for a second, and his roommate Sky starting shouting at him for motivation.

www.twitch.tv/zero/v/11110586?t=2h35m40s

My first big mistake was drifting back into him and getting spiked. And then later, I lost my jump somewhere and I was afraid of getting spiked again. As a result, I didn't go immediately to the ledge and I let ZeRo keep juggling me for 50+% damage. My last mistake was trying a dsmash read that has worked for me in the past, but ZeRo was too smart for it and KO'ed me.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Thank you so much for this buddy, I will pay more attention of everything you put here.
It is really important for me to receive these comments and suggestions from you and everyone else in our forum, because I feel like I have zero improvement since some time ago till now :(.

I made a mistake with wrong order of the match, specially because of you pointed out about Delfino being 1st, thanks.

Also I want to REMARK AND REMEMBER something I share with everyone time ago. It is the "spinning" animation I was speaking of after a Dthrow.
This happens exactly here vs Yoshi #2.
If you can see the trajectory and reaction time after the Dthrow, are totally different from the tipical Dthrow.
I may be a little exaggerated here but seems to me like a true combo, particularly for the highest up knockback and the purple pikmin succeeding taking the stock.
If this could be something we can control... it would change our game forever and will be another kill option besides Blue Uthrow.

Sadly I keep feeling this is a random stuff, by seeing here vs Yoshi #3 at 2% more doesn't come out the spinning animation.

Once again, thank your for your comments @ Blue Banana Blue Banana ^^.
huh... have you experimented in trying to get that to work? and even then it seems like if yoshi just held away it'd be impossible to hit him with up air anyway.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
DozingLeaf (Olimar) v. Dao (Diddy)
DozingLeaf (Olimar) v. SaSSy (ROB)

Any advice?
I'm so utterly confused about how Pikmin interact with the gyro. They latch onto it and make ROB flinch when he picks it up, but sometimes it just does nothing to him.

P.S. I've already been told not to SD, DW.
I was writing up about Diddy because game #1 was weird, but after seeing the game #2 and #3 there not so much to say. Your game really improved over there and you play somehow like me (or do I play somehow like you? jajajaja) :p. I think I abuse more of Dtilt and Utilt but I think is a preference thing.
Nice use of pivot smash, good timing on retreat and pressure, great overall, shielding the banana and running after his rolls. Good.
An awesome read when he short hop backwards to your Usmash.

Against ROB isn't that easy to do, because of the constant spam they do.
I will suggest you to get close with perfect shield (like you do) 'cause almost every ROB player throws gyro and then laser, or vice versa.
Try to jump or (and) keep jumping because the laser and gyro are usually launched horizontally and at mid height.
You did something good by picking the gyro (approx. 4:30 ~ 4:50), that's like half of the strategy ruined to them. Don't throw it and just spam side B and run, till he gets closer. If you have a Purple with you, bad news for the ROB unless he do something about.
Be extra aware of where is the gyro, at 6:02 ~ 6:16 he throw it but doesn't hit you and he tries to pick another, causing him a lot of lag but you shielded that action. That's an extremely great opportunity for your Usmash or Blue Uthrow.
If your shield is low by defending of the constant spamming, try to dodge in the air or spotdodge, EVEN SO you can crouch the laser (like fox laser).

This is what I do:
If they don't approach at all, just throw some whites (or anything) and build some damage at safe distance by protecting yourself with shield. At some point he will try to kill the pikmin, so it's here where I approach to close the gap and punish. After so I try to keep close distance between grabs, dtilts and smash. Usually they start to roll so Dsmash is a excellent choice.

If they approach, when they stop spamming the gyro and laser, they will usually try to juggle you and put a lot of pressure on your landing. A purple is perfectly fine to keep it at line and regain neutral control. They tend to restart the gyro + laser strategy so be patient and react accordingly.

What I don't recommend to do but I do:
Go to gimp their recovery. Juggle him in the air because his Dair came out later than our Uair, but it has lower hitbox so its dangerous.
Short Hop + B-F Air, usually they don't suspect that but it doesn't work a lot of the time because they can wait for you with shield.
Get closer with PS (perfect shield) and grab. Usually after a Gyro and Laser, you had cover enough distance to grab him.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
huh... have you experimented in trying to get that to work? and even then it seems like if yoshi just held away it'd be impossible to hit him with up air anyway.
I did an extensive research about this and achieved detect where and how the movement come out. It's a timing thing, very very precisely at least for me, or in the worst way, a pseudo-random animation. It's like 0,5 ~ 1,5 seconds after the grab. I can't say exactly how or where but it's somewhere around there.
I succeeded to do it 5 times in a row, with a red pikmin Dthrow and a purple Uair, against a Yoshi at 100% and 118% in training mode.
Time ago I did it 3 times in a row, but somehow this time worked 5 times in a row.
I had been trying to do it against real players and the movement came out but not consistently, as a fact.

Bad news are that you were right, if the enemy DI away you can't reach it easily as it seems. But you can reach him anyway with a little effort. Nevertheless I don't believe it has enough "blocked time" (the time lapse where you press anything and the character doesn't respond) to be a true combo so the enemy can escape without trouble by jumping or dodging.

Now I can be sure this "technique" is something real BUT it can't be mastered to my will, so it has to be done by reaction to the situation.

Here is the proof where the enemy DI and the distance he travels confirm what @ Angbad Angbad say about not reaching it. I go toward him but he dodge as soon as possible, so the only thing I can do is fail my Fair with a Yellow Pikmin on him.

Last edited:

Soulimar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Soulimar
Hey everyone it's been a while since I posted on the boards. I have a few matches from last week's tourney and I really hope some of you can offer insight as to what you've noticed yada yada y'all know the drill.

:4olimar: vs Trevonte :4sheik: https://youtu.be/WBNPX57iIiY?t=1192 (19:52 if time not linked) Tons of flubs from both of us, but an amazing set. Trevonte is ranked #3 in Norcal atm.

:4olimar: vs Jodi Bleek :4greninja: https://youtu.be/UjgOyzSHRMI?t=61 (0:60) Forever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 'ing at this match. Despite this being my 6th set vs Jodi, I feel I'm still incredibly unfamiliar in the MU.

:4olimar: vs Teb :4mario: https://youtu.be/vPISNoonVtU?t=1601 (26:41) Mine and Teb's sets are always highlights of every tourney, being insanely close every time. This set I feel like I threw my early lead pretty hard and then started fishing for an insane comeback edgeguard.

Advice is why I'm posting here so I hope some of you have things to say! This is the last week of the Norcal PR cycle with two tournies this weekend. I'm hoping to make the cut by going in as hard as I can for them :)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Alright so I watched the set vs Jodi. I'd say tighten up your ledge punish, and make Greninja get creative with the recovery. Abuse dtilt and jab more since they're so good. Greninja doesn't have very good frame data aside from jab lol.
I have some replays of me playing my main training partner @AkashicSword if you want me to upload some of them. We play that MU quite a bit so you'll see how the momentum can shift between us, as well as the tools I use to punish.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Here to lighten the mood a little i had a white pikmin on peach on our last stocks and she pulls a bomb and throws it! The pikmin took the hit and killed peach it was once in a lifetime hilarity lol

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Here to lighten the mood a little i had a white pikmin on peach on our last stocks and she pulls a bomb and throws it! The pikmin took the hit and killed peach it was once in a lifetime hilarity lol
I'd love a "funny stories" thread for gameplay.

I was playing an Ike where I kept stuffing his side b with pikmin. Of course, his Quick Draw move also kills the pikmin. So when I attached a white pikmin to him, he jumped in the air and did a side b to kill the pikmin, but it dropped off of him at the perfect time. Without a pikmin to trigger his hitbox, he just side b'ed straight off the stage.

http://www.twitch.tv/fadgames/v/13657421?t=28m1s

me vs ally. I'd say all of my dash grabs were mis inputs.

I played really bad lol. but it didn't go too bad/
Wait a sec... Angbad is really "Angrybad"?

Anyway, he took you from 18% to death just by putting you offstage, and then killed you at 50% lower than his percent. That makes me so sad. Definitely Olimar problems...

You did really well the second game though! Pivot grab game was on point.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I'd love a "funny stories" thread for gameplay.

I was playing an Ike where I kept stuffing his side b with pikmin. Of course, his Quick Draw move also kills the pikmin. So when I attached a white pikmin to him, he jumped in the air and did a side b to kill the pikmin, but it dropped off of him at the perfect time. Without a pikmin to trigger his hitbox, he just side b'ed straight off the stage.

Wait a sec... Angbad is really "Angrybad"?

Anyway, he took you from 18% to death just by putting you offstage, and then killed you at 50% lower than his percent. That makes me so sad. Definitely Olimar problems...

You did really well the second game though! Pivot grab game was on point.
Thanks!

And no it's not the guy running the stream just calls me that lol

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I did an extensive research about this and achieved detect where and how the movement come out. It's a timing thing, very very precisely at least for me, or in the worst way, a pseudo-random animation. It's like 0,5 ~ 1,5 seconds after the grab. I can't say exactly how or where but it's somewhere around there.
I succeeded to do it 5 times in a row, with a red pikmin Dthrow and a purple Uair, against a Yoshi at 100% and 118% in training mode.
Time ago I did it 3 times in a row, but somehow this time worked 5 times in a row.
I had been trying to do it against real players and the movement came out but not consistently, as a fact.

Bad news are that you were right, if the enemy DI away you can't reach it easily as it seems. But you can reach him anyway with a little effort. Nevertheless I don't believe it has enough "blocked time" (the time lapse where you press anything and the character doesn't respond) to be a true combo so the enemy can escape without trouble by jumping or dodging.

Now I can be sure this "technique" is something real BUT it can't be mastered to my will, so it has to be done by reaction to the situation.

Here is the proof where the enemy DI and the distance he travels confirm what @ Angbad Angbad say about not reaching it. I go toward him but he dodge as soon as possible, so the only thing I can do is fail my Fair with a Yellow Pikmin on him.
Thanks for looking into this. Keep up the good lab work ! :)

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
not sure if it belongs here but anyways.

I was just playing lvl 9 computers for fun, mainly messing around and testing some new tech stuff when something odd happened.

i got hit by a wind-box / push back type of move when i did my grab and i got pushed off the ledge, and when i got pushed off the ledge i was still in the grab animation causing me to just float there and get punished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyEuBiK

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008

I was just playing lvl 9 computers for fun, mainly messing around and testing some new tech stuff when something odd happened.

i got hit by a wind-box / push back type of move when i did my grab and i got pushed off the ledge, and when i got pushed off the ledge i was still in the grab animation causing me to just float there and get punished.

F8c
Oh yeah, I've seen that before.

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad

this happens so often... lol

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I need serious help and tips about this. I played another match against Toon Link and win, but I loose the 3rd game.
Please help me.
Vs Toon Link :4tlink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nilt1ggoPqw
You were being really aggressive and rushed a lot. Remember that you don't always necessarily have to match your opponent's pace, and try to recognize when you're in a powerful position.
Rather than chasing TL by jumping through the platform, for example, use the platform as an umbrella for his projectiles and make him drop through, go off to the side, or otherwise approach you. Maybe shorthop an Uair through if it feels safe. If he drops through with an attack, shield and punish.
Also remember that smashes follow the incline of the stage. Fmashing from the center to the left or right causes the pikmin to rise as they follow the rising slope of the stage. Use that for walling out or blocking projectiles.

Thank you for your input on my videos, BTW. ^^

ITTOOK

Smash Rookie
Hi guys I'm new here but iv'e been coming here for a while now but today I come for criticism on my aggressive Green Olimar note I'm both passive and aggressive when time is right. So can you guys look at the video and tell me what I should work on?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8DwN-eiw6C0 Olimar:Me vs Yoshi For glory 1on1

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Hi guys I'm new here but iv'e been coming here for a while now but today I come for criticism on my aggressive Green Olimar note I'm both passive and aggressive when time is right. So can you guys look at the video and tell me what I should work on?https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8DwN-eiw6C0 Olimar:Me vs Yoshi For glory 1on1

This match seemed like it was pretty laggy for the both of you online. Not much to say about it.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Hey everyone, so I finally got some recent videos of me playing in tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWozg0nPsj0 Me vs Wizzrobe(Sheik) the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vyFCTU-Lw Me vs Wizzrobe(Sheik) the second time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ADu-rZ30 Me vs Seibrik (Meta Knight)

There are two other videos of me getting the crap beat out of me vs 8bitman that I can post if you guys want. I pretty much know what I did wrong at this point so I'm not worrying about it to much.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Hey everyone, so I finally got some recent videos of me playing in tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWozg0nPsj0 Me vs Wizzrobe(Sheik) the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vyFCTU-Lw Me vs Wizzrobe(Sheik) the second time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ADu-rZ30 Me vs Seibrik (Meta Knight)

There are two other videos of me getting the crap beat out of me vs 8bitman that I can post if you guys want. I pretty much know what I did wrong at this point so I'm not worrying about it to much.
You won't believe me but I saw this video early today and I learned a lot XD. Thank you for sharing here, I was asking why did you haven't yet.
I was about to share it too xD.

About ROB and according to this answer to @ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate , I will try to upload a Bo5 (Best of 5) against a Rob player here in my city. The approach thing I was talking about with power/perfect shield is constantly used in the match.
I hope it will help you at somehow @ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate :D.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Oh yeah, power shielding is very important in that match up. I just wasn't able to do it consistently at that tournament. If you hold onto gyro it can relieve a lot of his pressure, but at the cost of you not being able to do all your attacks.

-The Gucci Fairy-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Risingthunder55
DozingLeaf (Olimar) v. Dao (Diddy)
DozingLeaf (Olimar) v. SaSSy (ROB)

Any advice?
I'm so utterly confused about how Pikmin interact with the gyro. They latch onto it and make ROB flinch when he picks it up, but sometimes it just does nothing to him.

P.S. I've already been told not to SD, DW.
Idk if anyone has responded to that specific that you asked about rob but the basic overview of what happens is* Pikmin tossed from Olimar's side-b can latch onto the gyro when spinning on the ground and if ROB picks it up, the Pikmin on the gyro damage ROB and cause hit-stun.* Im assuming he gets flinched when the actual hitbox that appears when a pikmin latched on causes damaged on ROB. The interaction is similar to how mart or lil mac counter, alot of times when the pikmin is latched on creating a hitbox it activates the counter, but sometimes it just doesnt do anything because the hitbox isn't going on, the same with a pikmin latched onto diddy, when diddy pulls a banana , if the pikmin creates its hitbox onto diddy the banana hits the pikmin instead of diddy which it really hits the hitbox the pikmin creates while it is on him. Thats what I believe happens, I my be wrong but still quite sure thats how it works.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
According to this and this. @ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate here are the videos I promised.

There are like 2 o 3 more videos yet so if anyone need more videos against ROB, please let me know.

vs ROB :4rob:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izanmHE-KHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfKcgSbm8vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkSjqJH1p9w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XTISDLF0XM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ywqa3CSzw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipaPMBBjuo

I know the rob player isn't 8bitman like Myran had to fight against. 8bitman has a huge high level but what I want is to help you notice and remark the run -> shield approach.

Please @ Sky Pirate Sky Pirate let me know if these videos help you out ^^.

Regards :)

Soulimar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Soulimar
Well here we go, boys. Last saturday's tournament full of some of the most incredibly close sets I've played.
My luck with youtube uploads is awful. These guys usually upload individual matches but, just one of the only weeks I'm there, twitch or windows 10 or something like that caused it so they could only upload the entire broadcast. (In GLORIOUS 720p 60fps though)
Please take the time to watch these matches if you can and give advice because I'm hella thirsty to get better at this game.

vs DJ Relly :4sonic: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=2708 (45:10)

vs Trevonte (PR'd #2) :4sheik:https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=4620 (1:17:00)

vs Boringman (PR'd #4) :4fox:https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=5576 (1:33:00)

vs Zeonstar :4littlemac: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=6817 (1:53:35)

vs Boringman :4fox: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=8058 (2:14:15)

I'm shooting to head to the foundry this thursday night featuring D1 commentary and I also heard rumors of Nakat making an appearance (?). I would love to be as strong as possible heading into that tournament so please don't hesitate to critique me as harshly as desired. Thanks everyone

Last edited:

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Well here we go, boys. Last saturday's tournament full of some of the most incredibly close sets I've played.
My luck with youtube uploads is awful. These guys usually upload individual matches but, just one of the only weeks I'm there, twitch or windows 10 or something like that caused it so they could only upload the entire broadcast. (In GLORIOUS 720p 60fps though)
Please take the time to watch these matches if you can and give advice because I'm hella thirsty to get better at this game.

vs DJ Relly :4sonic: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=2708 (45:10)

vs Trevonte (PR'd #2) :4sheik:https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=4620 (1:17:00)

vs Boringman (PR'd #4) :4fox:https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=5576 (1:33:00)

vs Zeonstar :4littlemac: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=6817 (1:53:35)

vs Boringman :4fox: https://youtu.be/hdvR1eURBsc?t=8058 (2:14:15)

I'm shooting to head to the foundry this thursday night featuring D1 commentary and I also heard rumors of Nakat making an appearance (?). I would love to be as strong as possible heading into that tournament so please don't hesitate to critique me as harshly as desired. Thanks everyone

I'm watching right now. First thing you've gotten SO much better versus sheik good job. Trevonte doesn't abuse the mu as much as say K9 or VoiD do now, but still great job.

against fox everytime boringman would side b to the ledge you can easily down tilt and hit him.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Nicko, he mains marth but goes Shulk against Olimar because it's so much easier for him. I literally don't have an answer. jump monado into shield monado makes him untouchable and he just times me out.
You should be able to get the percent lead early on, I'd like to see videos if possible.

Top Bottom