• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
OK, it's time to stop trying to comprimise. Obviously they're not going to submit, so I say we just go in and put them out of business. No warnings, no plans. Just go in and make the Pikmen thread. Given the huge amount of members here, they'll be looked down upon in no time. Colenstein, I vote you should do the honors.

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Lol they are pretty foolish over there, they picked to be enemies with the biggest clan on brawl central and now they are looking for allies when the DeDeDe's already have three allies that are huge on that site.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Lol they are pretty foolish over there, they picked to be enemies with the biggest clan on brawl central and now they are looking for allies when the DeDeDe's already have three allies that are huge on that site.
Actually, K.I.N.G.S is the second biggest. The biggest is Aethercide (Ike clan).

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
Actually, K.I.N.G.S is the second biggest. The biggest is Aethercide (Ike clan).
Well they are allied, so either way Pikmen made a bad mistake and it could effect people on here since most people are merging clans with brawl central and smash boards and we kind of took them over so now we might have to pay for it. Doesn't really effect me really since i'm not joining a group/clan until I play the game.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
WTF are you guys talking bout? With all these ***** clans that wouldn't have been around if it wasn't for...

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
I'm really not sure what they do over on Brawl Central. All of the clans are making allies and rivals? Today's forcast dark and cloudy, chance of drive-by.
Yea a lot of them are picking sides already and they haven't even played the game.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm really not sure what they do over on Brawl Central. All of the clans are making allies and rivals? Today's forcast dark and cloudy, chance of drive-by.
But the Brawl Central Pikmen have made more foes than friends. They already pissed off K.I.N.G.S (King Dedede clan), the second largest clan, whos allies include the Diddy Kong, Ike, Pit, and R.O.B. (the last one is pending) clans. Also note that the Ike clan is the largest on Brawl Central. We are doing this to prevent the good captains(s) from getting slaughtered by a bajllion other clans.

Hoboking

Smash Cadet
sup guys, i'm from BC, and i'm just here to say that the Pikmen Patrol, are acting foolishly, and it seems as if they dont care about making allies and stuff, but they are trying to make allies this moment, and is making peace with the K.I.N.G.S, AS THE ORIGINAL FOUNDER OF THE pikmen patrol, i don't want to see the clan go so quickly, so just give them some time, and don't attack them yet.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Lol brawl central noobs. Hey hoboking tell the "K.I.N.G.S" and all other brawl central clans that Wrath of Ridley and R.I.D.L.E.Y. are coming for them when brawls released!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Lol brawl central noobs. Hey hoboking tell the "K.I.N.G.S" and all other brawl central clans that Wrath of Ridley and R.I.D.L.E.Y. are coming for them when brawls released!
Ooooh yes, you are one of the members of R.I.D.L.E.Y., my deepest sympathies for you for Sakurai has been a fool. Ridley would have been a great character.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Better than half the ones Sakurai put in instead >_> anyways er yeah. They are dead. And the Pikmen should help bring them down.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Better than half the ones Sakurai put in instead >_> anyways er yeah. They are dead. And the Pikmen should help bring them down.
The K.I.N.G.S? Yeah, got a bit of a prob with that. y'know, I am like one of the most active K.I.N.G.S. One of the reasons I'm trying to get rid of the old clan is because I don't want to be stuck between Olimar support and Dedede support. I'm trying to make ALLIES with the Olimar clan, but the current group hates us.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I say that we let brawl central be brawl central, unless they actually do make enemies there........ then we must take over their board!

And dedede is gonna be my secondary, so I agree with blitzkreig.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I'm scared! jk, i wanted to ask if anyone wanted to be a Dj on my radio since i know you all so much ;) pm me back or post on my Glitch World Radio thread.

Vali

Smash Ace
Guys... its just a game.
I'm in agreement, you guys should actually read what you're posting. It's the internet, you're not meant to take it seriously. How about we all stop posting this garbage and get back onto something more...Pikmin and Brawl related?

Wiseguy, I noticed in that Final Smash video you posted that the Pikmin took 50% damage from the iceberg before dying. I guess that's their magic number then, except for the blues who are more durable. I'm happy with 50% for most pikmin though, it's not too low but not insanely high. Still, some final smashes like DK's will be able to 1 shot all the pikmin in 1 go which could be a bit of a problem.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i agree! vali i have one question. who are those characters on your avatar? is that you? everytime i see you i think you're a child of 7 riding a polar bear and typing on a small laptop in the setting desert sun.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Wait. Who the **** is taking it seriously? Facing rival clans is part of the fun of online, the only ones taking it seriously is you Vali.

Vali

Smash Ace
i agree! vali i have one question. who are those characters on your avatar? is that you? everytime i see you i think you're a child of 7 riding a polar bear and typing on a small laptop in the setting desert sun.
The truthful answer is:

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever.

Just saw it on the list of avatars one day and thought "That's awesome, I'm having that". I really do wish I knew what the hell it's from though.

Wait. Who the **** is taking it seriously? Facing rival clans is part of the fun of online, the only ones taking it seriously is you Vali.
Erm...you? I don't really care what you people do on forums and attacking "rival clans" or whatever, but this thread has just mainly turned into spam on the matter. I remember back with the Ridley thread and how you all got carried away with that and spammed from dawn to dusk. Now that Brawl is out and a lot more information on Olimar is surfacing, we should be discussing his finer points and not what a bunch of pre-pubescent teens on another forum are doing with another bunch of pre-pubescent teens.

Also I'm of the opinion that an internet forum community is nothing like an actual clan anyway, but you'd probably digress.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But the fact that the "Pikmen" is an actual clan means that they are a clan, weather you think so or not.

Vali

Smash Ace
But the fact that the "Pikmen" is an actual clan means that they are a clan, weather you think so or not.
Alright then under the definition of a clan, in computing terms, being a group of people that play games together then the Pikmen isn't one. Happy?

Florida

イーグランツ
Actually, I'm discussing this very subject with IllidR. The Pikmen was just meant to be a support group for Olimar's inclusion in SSBB; I never planned on this group being an online clan. Though, over at Brawl Central, that's exactly what they are doing. If you guys would like to make this an online clan, then we should perform a merge with the Brawl Central Pikmen (after first working out some issues, of course). So, what do you guys think?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Is an Olimar fanclub really well suited to being an online clan? It might get a bit old if we ALL play as Olimar. But I'm open to whatever the majority of the group decides. I'll probably be playing most of you guys online regardless.

Anyway, I hope I don't have remind you folks to support Olimar in the character poll: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141091

IllidR

Smash Champion
Is an Olimar fanclub really well suited to being an online clan? It might get a bit old if we ALL play as Olimar. But I'm open to whatever the majority of the group decides. I'll probably be playing most of you guys online regardless.

Anyway, I hope I don't have remind you folks to support Olimar in the character poll: http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Well at this time, I could go either way with the issue. I'd would be just fine staying as just a support group or would be equally interested in becoming an online clan, and even if not then I'd still play with you guys online just as Wiseguy stated. An all Olimar clan online probably could get kind of stale or could be very unique. Of course everyone in the Pikmen isn't solely going to be a character main, as I've seen in some signatures "I'm going to main [Insert Every Character Announced]". Well the decision is up to you guys, what are your feelings?

And what character poll Wiseguy? That just led me to the character section of the forums, don't see any poll.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
WOW, the one day I come back and you guys are having a war.........Glad I missed it, well atleast non of you are complaining about the roster (because I'm really sick of telling people why the roster is great)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Actually, I'm discussing this very subject with IllidR. The Pikmen was just meant to be a support group for Olimar's inclusion in SSBB; I never planned on this group being an online clan. Though, over at Brawl Central, that's exactly what they are doing. If you guys would like to make this an online clan, then we should perform a merge with the Brawl Central Pikmen (after first working out some issues, of course). So, what do you guys think?
Well, I do like the idea of a clan I could go either way. (I think this is a bad time to say that I have joined the Brawl Central Pikmen too.)

For OLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR!!!!

WOW, the one day I come back and you guys are having a war.........Glad I missed it, well atleast non of you are complaining about the roster (because I'm really sick of telling people why the roster is great)
OMG!!! The roster is teh suck! ROB? R U Srious Sakurai!
Jk, I actually really like the roster.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
But honestly guys your gonna have to practice a lot as Olimar, he seems to be a difficult character to use.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
They could complain about the 5 clones, or the lack of deserving characters, or the lack of effort.

IllidR

Smash Champion
But honestly guys your gonna have to practice a lot as Olimar, he seems to be a difficult character to use.
Don't worry, once Brawl comes out it's going to be the beginning of the rest of my life. Tons of play, tons of practice.

motsalogeL said:
They could complain about the 5 clones, or the lack of deserving characters, or the lack of effort.
Or you can sum it up all in three letters. ROB. I'm not saying it's a terrible roster, it just could have been better. But I got my Olimar so I'm happy.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I love clones. Being able to alternate between Mario and Doc in Melee made the game more fun for me. Why? Because I can could get some variety in my matches without learning a new moveset. Plus, if they hadn't included clones, the roster would have been much smaller since clones can be included in a fraction of the development time. In short, I wish there were MORE clones in Brawl.

AND what everyone is forgetting is that since they spent nearly three years on 35 characters means that the gameplay will be much, much more polished and balanced than if there were 40-45 characters. A fair trade off I say.

AND, ROB > Ridley + Krystal + Geno + Megaman. To me at least.

AND Olimar owns all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom