• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Wow Wiseguy I used to think you were a good guy but that post has just totally destroyed your image.

If you make another post like that I will HAVE to use the wall of faceplam on you.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Guys... its just a game.
I agree. why do people take stuff like "clan wars" seriously like it's an actual war? Some people need to close the internet and take a look at the real world. You're being a dumb *** on the internet only reflects you're being a dumb *** in real life.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey, Wiseguy's cool. Although that little piece of Ridley being less than ROB I disagree with, the rest was completely true.
Okay, I may have been exagerating about ROB being better than Ridley (I think they're about equal). But I think he's highly underrated given how awesome and unique he was designed.

I agree. why do people take stuff like "clan wars" seriously like it's an actual war? Some people need to close the internet and take a look at the real world. You're being a dumb *** on the internet only reflects you're being a dumb *** in real life.
Amen brother.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Internet. Serious business. Thats all I can say to people like you.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well, take into consideration that a lot of people like to... uh... "exaggerate" their personalities and how they live and talk. But it's fun to watch them do it though.:laugh:
I suppose you're right. But I'll try and keep the exageration to a minimum in the future.

Back on topic: does anyone know what Olimar's taunts are? I know one of them involves falling asleep, but I haven't seen the other two.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Which means that I love you.

@Wiseguy: I know one of them is falling asleep but for the rest your guess is as good as mine.
It seems like everyone posting their Olimar videos only wants to do one taunt and, in not showing us the rest of the taunts, they are actually taunting us. Saying "Hey, we have the game, that's right. Check me out as i only show you a preview of Olimar, but I know all the secrets and I keep them to myself; they're hidden under my matress."

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
It seems like everyone posting their Olimar videos only wants to do one taunt and, in not showing us the rest of the taunts, they are actually taunting us. Saying "Hey, we have the game, that's right. Check me out as i only show you a preview of Olimar, but I know all the secrets and I keep them to myself; they're hidden under my matress."
ARGH! Curse Japanese Brawlers and their selfish refusal to share the awesomeness of Olimar's taunts!

Vali? Warm up the Giant Olimar Robot!

Vali

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but I have to comment on this:

Vali your avatar is from a comic book series called HeroBear and the Kid. It used to be a favorite of mine, but I forgot about it. Now seeing it again, I might go read it...
Cheers KraidGuy! Might have to check it out at some point ^^.

ARGH! Curse Japanese Brawlers and their selfish refusal to share the awesomeness of Olimar's taunts!

Vali? Warm up the Giant Olimar Robot!
The oiling is done and the flinging mechanism online, let's roll!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The oiling is done and the flinging mechanism online, let's roll!
Good! Okay folks, you know the drill. I've sent matching Pikmin costumes to the mailing address of every member of the Pikmen (as seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2m3NgZk7eE). We must assemble and march on Tokyo where our Giant Olimar Robot will fling us indescriminently at vehicles, buildings, and innocent bystanders until our demands are met! :mad:

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
There already is. Go to the wolf section and look in the thread that has a video of his taunts and alts, the video shows ALL characters taunts.

Smash Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Peacehaven, East Sussex, Good ol' England
Good! Okay folks, you know the drill. I've sent matching Pikmin costumes to the mailing address of every member of the Pikmen (as seen here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=C2m3NgZk7eE). We must assemble and march on Tokyo where our Giant Olimar Robot will fling us indescriminently at vehicles, buildings, and innocent bystanders until our demands are met! :mad:
My suits a bit tight... but its sexy, so oh well... I likey.

Oh, and any chance for a plane ticket to America? I cant do anything when im like, in a different country... what am I?! The foreign correspondent??? Actually, I quite like that idea... makes me sound official...

*waddles off in overly-tight blue pikmin suit*

Oh, and BTW gus, sorry I havent been able to be an active member for some time now, but I have popped in here occassionally to see whats going on. I shall try my hardest to post in this thread more (especially so if I get given a role and title within the Pikmen XD).

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
ummm, couldn't we just ask politely? besides, there's gotta be a taunts video sometime in the future.

and by the future i mean.....http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=QlSxR3ebOzc&eurl=

Oh. Okay. I guess we'll take a rain check on out little plan then (sorry that you got dressed up for nothing, Smash Ninja). But keep those costumes handy, just in case Pikmin 3 isn't announced at E3 this year.

Anyway, Olimar's taunts seem fine. Nothing to special, unfortunately. Luigi's 3rd taunt in definitely the best.

Kirby's Olimar hat, on the other hand, might be the greatest thing ever.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Oh. Okay. I guess we'll take a rain check on out little plan then (sorry that you got dressed up for nothing, Smash Ninja). But keep those costumes handy, just in case Pikmin 3 isn't announced at E3 this year.

Anyway, Olimar's taunts seem fine. Nothing to special, unfortunately. Luigi's 3rd taunt in definitely the best.

Kirby's Olimar hat, on the other hand, might be the greatest thing ever.
I'm going to have to agree here. Olimar's taunts are nothing specials and Luigi's third taunt is absolute win. Oh and I love the Olimar kirby hat so much!

And after seeing the alternate colors video:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ciLn6cFxA2k&feature=user

I'm thinking of either going with Black and White Olimar or original.

IllidR

Smash Champion
You can't see it too well in that video, but I'm still leaning towards the red/black alt costume:

There also looked to be an all black costume, didn't get too good of a look at it in the video though.

I've got questions for anyone who actually owns Brawl and can test some things out for me, msotly in regards to purple Pikmin and how their hits work. Say if i were to Side-B and throw a purple Pikmin on an opponent trying to recover and it lands directly on their head, is there any sort of spike or meteor smash properties attatched to this or will it simple knock them back? Or will it possibly hit them in an awkward angle back to the stage? Also, are the purple Pikmin when thrown surrounded by hitboxes? Meaning if an opponent were recovering from directly under the ledge and I used my Foward-Smash to throw a purple Pikmin foward off the ledge and they went directly up into it with their Up-B, could they recieve any sort of spike from this or will they get the knockback of the attack?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fellow Pikmen, quick question unrelated to Olimar's awesomeness and awesome costumes.

Pikmen Patrol, I dont know much about it, all I know is it's a P&O clan, who started it? Did we start it? How do I join it? Why dont I know whats going on?

Was this that group we tried to stop not to long ago? :confused:

Any info about this would be awesome.

Anyway, I think the regular Olimar will be my costume, its just how I remember him best, not that I dont love the others, I just like this one more.

And in the alt costumes video... "African-American Olimar?" uhh I think it's just a foggy helmet...sigh..

Not that theres a problem with african American Olimar, I just think he was wrong.

Anyway, enough of my usual ranting.

Florida

イーグランツ
Here are the descriptions for the Olimar and Pikmin trophies.

Smash Bros. Brawl said:
Veteran spacefarers in the employ
of Hocotate Freight. After crash-
landing on an enigmatic planet,
Olimar met the mysterious beings
known as Pikmin. He enlisted their
aid to find his spaceship parts and
help him escape. Once home, he
found his employer on the verge of
bankruptcy. He was sent back to the
Pikmin world with his partner,
Louie, to repay the company debt.
-----------------------------------
Olimar's Final Smash. Dusk falls,
and his spaceship makes a landing.
Olimar takes the Onion, with all
his Pikmin aboard, and blasts off
for the stars. In Pikmin, native
life-forms grew active and violent
at night, making it lethal to
remain on the surface--this is why
Olimar would take his Onions and
leave at night. This technique
breaks the framework of the game.
A type of Pikmin--which are odd
beings who grow like plants yet
are as mobile as animals. Red ones
are heat and fire resistant and
are strong attackers, which makes
them valuable when facing dangerous
foes. Purple Pikmin are also tough
fighters, but since it's difficult
to increase their numbers, red
Pikmin are easier to manage. Red
Pikmin have distinct pointed noses.
A type of Pikmin, which are curious
creatures that follow and obey the
person who picks them. If you take
advantage of this trait, you can
get them to help Capt. Olimar and
Louie. The blue Pikmin are at home
in water and cannot drown. Need to
retrieve an object underwater or
cross a water hazard to disarm a
trap? Blue Pikmin are just the
allies you need.
A type of Pikmin. Take a nutrient-
rich pellet to a flying saucer
known as an Onion, and it will
produce the mysterious beings
known as Pikmin. Yellow ones fly
higher than other Pikmin when
tossed by Olimar or Louie. Unlike
other Pikmin, they're also highly
resistant to electricity, which
makes them invaluable when battling
enemies like anode dweevils.
A type of Pikmin. White Pikmin are
resistant to poisons and are
themselves toxic to creatures that
eat them. Their low weight makes
them very speedy, and they can also
dig up buried items. White and
purple Pikmin do not live inside
Onions, so you must change other
Pikmin into them by tossing them
into ivory candypop buds and violet
candypop buds.
A type of Pikmin, much heavier and
slower than other Pikmin. When
thrown, they impact with such force
that they may kill or stun enemies.
They're also incredibly strong--one
of them can carry an item that
normally would require ten Pikmin.
While they're more powerful
fighters than their red cousins,
their slow speed hampers their
effectiveness.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
He's lighter. That's it. And remember Falco? And Ganondorf? And Luigi?........ Lack of effort indeed.....
do you have the game young sir? NO , so quiet. Now I don't have it etheir, but isn't that what friends are for, I have tried all the characters and If I could get some money, I would post videos. Please tell me how Gannondorf and falco are clones, if anything their luigified.

Florida

イーグランツ
do you have the game young sir? NO , so quiet. Now I don't have it etheir, but isn't that what friends are for, I have tried all the characters and If I could get some money, I would post videos. Please tell me how Gannondorf and falco are clones, if anything their luigified.
In Brawl's case, there are far too many clones. I, personally, consider Toon Link, Ganondorf and Wolf all clone-characters. Falco in himself is too separate from Fox to be considered a clone. His game is much different, especially now that his shine was completely altered. Although Wolf is also different from Fox, I still consider him a Fox clone. Not only because of his final smash, but because we just don't need a gray Fox in the game.

Toon Link may play slightly different than the regular Link, but his moveset is just too similar to not be considered a clone character. I mean, even his final smash is the same, and that's crossing the line. Ganondorf just disappoints me with the lack of a new moveset-- thus, he is a clone.

To be considered a "luigi-fied" clone in my book, you at least have to have to have a different final smash. At most, I expected Brawl to have one clone only. What a huge disappointment.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
True dat. C. Falcon doesnt choke-hold with his side B. Ganon's FS is quite different from Falcons, his neutral B is not a simple punch.

Falco throws his reflector, he punches for the most part instead of kicks.

The only one close to a clone is toon link, and that doesnt bother me, Ill still main him along with Olimar and Diddy.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
In Brawl's case, there are far too many clones. I, personally, consider Toon Link, Ganondorf and Wolf all clone-characters. Falco in himself is too separate from Fox to be considered a clone. His game is much different, especially now that his shine was completely altered. Although Wolf is also different from Fox, I still consider him a Fox clone. Not only because of his final smash, but because we just don't need a gray Fox in the game.

Toon Link may play slightly different than the regular Link, but his moveset is just too similar to not be considered a clone character. I mean, even his final smash is the same, and that's crossing the line. Ganondorf just disappoints me with the lack of a new moveset-- thus, he is a clone.

To be considered a "luigi-fied" clone in my book, you at least have to have to have a different final smash. At most, I expected Brawl to have one clone only. What a huge disappointment.
You are intitled to your opinion, but the fact that gannondorf does have some new moves makes him luigi-fied, which blows your theory up and clear this up for me, so a character can have the exact same moveset as another character but have a different FS and that makes them Luigi-fied. I'm sorry but that doesn't make very much sense to me. Flame me if you must, but atleast I'm making a sensible arguement. also one last thing, Wolf actually has an original moveset and is in no way a clone of fox, watch any gameplay videos and you'll see that he has maybe a couple moves the same as fox. maybe once people play as these characters, the complaining will stop......atleast I hope

Thank you Gannondorf4ever for actually listening to me

Florida

イーグランツ
You are intitled to your opinion, but the fact that gannondorf does have some new moves makes him luigi-fied, which blows your theory up and clear this up for me, so a character can have the exact same moveset as another character but have a different FS and that makes them Luigi-fied. I'm sorry but that doesn't make very much sense to me. Flame me if you must, but atleast I'm making a sensible arguement. also one last thing, Wolf actually has an original moveset and is in no way a clone of fox, watch any gameplay videos and you'll see that he has maybe a couple moves the same as fox. maybe once people play as these characters, the complaining will stop......atleast I hope

Thank you Gannondorf4ever for actually listening to me
The problem with your argument, is that you say "you are entitled to your own opinion", but go about saying how more sensible and correct your thoughts on things are. Wolf's final smash being the exact same thing as Fox and Falco's makes him a clone. Sure, he has different moves, yet all of his specials remain relative to Fox's. There are minor differences, but nothing huge. This, makes him a clone. Though, for him to have the exact final smash doesn't even compare close to being "luigified" (who, by the way, has a separate final smash than Mario).

Ganondorf's moves remain the same as they were before. Surely, you considered Ganondorf a Captain Falcon clone back in Melee, correct? Why is that any different now? The reason why people are complaining about the character roster is because it is something to complain about! Brawl has gone under twice as much development time than Melee has, plus, they even have one of the biggest teams in video-game history. With all of that talk about "the character roster has been pushed to the limit," and "there will be no clones in Brawl," it's kind of hard not to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom