• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I missed my vote yesterday but I won't miss it today! Now for my speech!

"I am Colenstien. And I see a whole army of my Pikmen countrymen,
here in defiance of plumber tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?"
"Yes! Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one cahnce, to come back here as young men and tell
our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take
our freedom!"

For OLIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!
Well now that has just inspired me! Here it goes!

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of Louie, of Olimar, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Pikmen fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.

An hour of Bulborbs and shattered Pikmin,
when the age of Pikmen comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Distant Planet,
I bid you stand, Pikmen of the West!!!"

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Well now that has just inspired me! Here it goes!

"Hold your ground! Hold your ground!

Sons of Louie, of Olimar, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Pikmen fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.

An hour of Bulborbs and shattered Pikmin,
when the age of Pikmen comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Distant Planet,
I bid you stand, Pikmen of the West!!!"
I don't got anything else! I'm bugging out man!

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
Why am I not a Pikmen? I'm aiming frickin' Olimar and supported him before confirmation!

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
wow, i feel good about helping with history! we made olimar the champion. and now that he's better than mario, we should expect pikmin3.

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
Pikmin 3, Olimar Party, Pikmin DS, Super Hocatate(mispell?) explorin' bros. and most importantly PIKMIN & OLIMAR PLUSHIES!(Lol, i've always wanted some!)

Florida

イーグランツ
BrawlCentral.com said:
Sakurai: "Pikmin & Olimar are geared towards advanced players."
This is very good. From the beginning I hoped that Olimar would be a fun and unique character, but challenging to play as. Let me take a quick guess that Olimar will be no where near technical. He's all about the mindgames, son!

BrawlCentral.com said:
Olimar
# Number of jumps: 2
# Wall Hop: No
# Wall Cling: No
# Gliding: No
# Crawling: No
# Weight: Normal
# Speed: Normal
Best 3
# Up Smash A: 79% (varies depending on Pikmin)
# Down Smash A: 92% (varies depending on Pikmin)
# Side Smash A: 100% (varies depending on Pikmin)
Obviously the percentages shown for the three strongest moves were done with purple Pikmin. It's good to know that Sakurai went this in-depth with Pikmin & Olimar, instead of having all Pikmin be exactly the same. Number of jumps being two, no cling, no wall jump...eh, not looking good. Hopefully his two jumps are rather decent; though we know already that his third jump can get some great distance.

Lol, imagine the Pikmin crawling :laugh:. Oh, and good job to the Pikmen for making our Captain the Smashboards Character Battle champion! Although that trophy is utter-crap, it's still a great accomplishment!

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
plus we may be able to take down mario!!! and if you havent voted go vote!!!

oh and ps: this site is finally running quickly again. Last week i could click on a link, go to the bathroom, take a shower and make myself dinner and it still wouldnt have loaded. But thankfully they fixed it :)
LOL, ya it was really bad, hell half the time It said it couldn't even find the page

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
*Blows Pikmen Conchshell*

Brothers! We are gathered here on this thread today to take down the one enemy in our path: MARIO!!! As of now, we are winning. But only slightly. We must go forth and support the good Captain!!! Olimar must rule all! PIKMIN SUPREMACY!!!

Anyone who has not voted yet must go now, or face 100 lashes with a White Pikmin :O
(j/k)

IllidR

Smash Champion
Why am I not a Pikmen? I'm aiming frickin' Olimar and supported him before confirmation!
Well first, I don't remember you ever supporting him before. But if this is the case all you had to do and have to do is message Egruntz saying you want to join and you'll be put on a trial basis.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Yah... why is the contest still running? Mario's getting the crap beaten out of him by Olimar's awesomeness anyway.:)
Who knows? Maybe they don't want to accept that Olimar is now the TRUE Nintendo representative? =D

Anyway, I love how Olimar is turning out from the information we've recieved. Medium weight and speed, just how I like it. And also that comment from Sakurai about Olimar being for advanced players really excites me. Olimar ftw!

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Yah... why is the contest still running? Mario's getting the crap beaten out of him by Olimar's awesomeness anyway.:)
Olimar Party anyone? You know since he is gonna be Nintendo's main man.

Anyway, I love how Olimar is turning out from the information we've recieved. Medium weight and speed, just how I like it. And also that comment from Sakurai about Olimar being for advanced players really excites me. Olimar ftw!
Hooray for mediumness! And it also shows n00bs wont like him.

Oh and new Pikmen sig. (First thing done with photoshop).

egruntz: Add to first post NOW!!!

IllidR

Smash Champion

Hooray for mediumness! And it also shows n00bs wont like him.

Oh and new Pikmen sig. (First thing done with photoshop).

egruntz: Add to first post NOW!!!
That's definitely a good thing, I really don't want Olimar to be an overplayed character, that is why I've been dreading that he could be top tier when people suggest it. Low tier maining for the win.

Also, love the new Pikmen signature, it is extremely nice.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fellow Pikmen, I have a dilemma of sorts perhaps Pikmen as wise as yourselves could assist me with.

Since SSBB was announced, Olimar was my #1 character I wanted in, and now he was in, and I have every intention of maining hims still, his quirky style making him even more appealing, BUT

after watching the Pokemon trainer vid, and seeing how awesome PT is, my pokemon fanboyism kicked in, and Squirtle got in my head, telling me to main PT instead, fellow Pikmen, help me decide which I should main, should I let my Pokemon fan self win, or my Olimar-ftw side/Pikmin was one of the best series ever- side win?

Help me out here guys!

And Colenstein, the new sig is awesome!

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
I'm going to move olimar down as my second main because he is for advanced players and since I didn't have melee I feel like i'll need more practice with him and it's crazy because before I had my main being Ike then PT then Olimar and now i'm really feeling Pit and how he can shoot arrows and I like his style a little bit more. I don't know I guess i'll have to play and see but for now I guess my main will be Pit and then Olimar after.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
The character forum contest game thing is long over. Olimar should definitely be crowned victor.

Great sig Colenstien.

Fellow Pikmen, I have a dilemma of sorts perhaps Pikmen as wise as yourselves could assist me with.

Since SSBB was announced, Olimar was my #1 character I wanted in, and now he was in, and I have every intention of maining hims still, his quirky style making him even more appealing, BUT

after watching the Pokemon trainer vid, and seeing how awesome PT is, my pokemon fanboyism kicked in, and Squirtle got in my head, telling me to main PT instead, fellow Pikmen, help me decide which I should main, should I let my Pokemon fan self win, or my Olimar-ftw side/Pikmin was one of the best series ever- side win?

Help me out here guys!

And Colenstein, the new sig is awesome!
I say go the Olimar route. There are enough Poke-maniacs out there already. But of course, there is no reason why you couldn't play as both.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
@G4E: I think you should go with what your heart tells. If your heart says "gee, I really want to have three Pokemon slaves at my disposal" Then go with PT. Or if your heart says "gee, I really want hundreds of Pikmin slaves at my disposal" then you should go with Olimar. You do like disposable slaves don't you?

And thank you for the support guys!!!!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thanks. Maybe Ill just use both. And youre right Colenstien, disposable slaves = win.

IllidR

Smash Champion
i do think that louie would be good as a clone (if clones make a return).
Oh God no! How could you want that? First of all, Sakurai better not be lazy to the point which he decides to make clones instead of unique movesets for characters. Secondly, why would you want Louie? He just demeans Olimar's fervor by being in the game, he deserves to be an AT at best. The possibility of him being a playable character makes me gag.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I think the Titan Dweevil fits best as a SSE boss actually. Since all the elements he uses can be converted into Smash Bros styled attacks and all his elements already exist in Brawl

Emperor Bulblax should be Pikmin's AT!

IllidR

Smash Champion
Ahhh! In today's version of Iwata Asks (Volume Five), called the "Final Smash Video,"we got about ten seconds of Olimar gameplay footage! Of course this isn't much but from it we can pick apart some things, and as always I won't be able to catch all that happened.

But, it seemed to me that the Pikmin were pretty good at following Olimar the entire time, even when he was knocked back and it seemed like they were too far away to stick the Captain, they caught up to their place in line. This is good for me because it shows Pikmin won't be too easy to lose. Also, we got a glimpse of one attack of Olimar's? I believe it was his foward-air on Peach at the end of the video and it was a pretty good hit.

Anyone notice anything else in particular?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
IllidR, I needz you NOW, front and center!

Since you are one of the most active Pikmen, I want you to carry over the Pikmen to Brawlcentral. Someone else has stolen our glory and made a clan using *gulp* another name. And worst of all, this is his signature:

He freakin' jacked our group, yo!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
IllidR, I needz you NOW, front and center!

Since you are one of the most active Pikmen, I want you to carry over the Pikmen to Brawlcentral. Someone else has stolen our glory and made a clan using *gulp* another name. And worst of all, this is his signature:

He freakin' jacked our group, yo!
Gasp!!! Our name was not copyrighted? I demand to know the meaning of this!

*Blows the Pikmen conchshell* Pikmen! We have a very serious matter on our hands! Someone has stolen our name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom