• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar challenge #?: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

PSIQuasi

Smash Cadet
Pikmin toss to take the hit on nair, then to a running or a pivot grab when landing? But, Up-tilt if he tries to land on you, or possibly running with the nado, then, hop to a bair after the tornado. (this scenario was built with the help of final destination)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Marth range is farhter than just about most of olimar's moveset. He can stop mindless camping with FAIR and NAIR SH's. Any ideas on how to overcome it?

Llumys

Smash Champion
Don't camp mindlessly.

... "just about most" sounds strange.

Anyway, there was a recent discussion on the Marth match-up. It's basically all about the spacing.

Oh, and what exactly is a "FAIR and NAIR SH's"? >:D

Llumys

Smash Champion
Well, "FAIR and NAIR SH's" would beat forward air and neutral air short hops.

I'll merit an infraction for this, but your grammar is hilarious.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Llumys, I often wonder why you are suddenly so obsessed with grammar. Did you just decide that it would be "cool" to do this? When you first came here, your posts definitely were not perfect (as a side, about 99% of your posts consisted of "I love Fino" in some form)

edit: Interesting how I read
Getting into the habit of always writing properly is good for your school performance.
a minute later. While I agree, that doesn't explain the annoying posts associated with it. You better be an English major, it's the only type of person whom I would understand doing this (even then....save it for real life, not on an internet forum) :p

PSIQuasi

Smash Cadet
Anyways...I think you should try to use plenty of pivot grabs, using the range to you're advantage. or you could plan combos, that start with a purple pikmin toss. Also, whistle guard is you're best friend.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Idk if correct grammar is cool where your at but... it's not u fino obsessed ******* -______-.

I use pivots, sneak in Up smashes when they SH close enough, and Whistle.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
One more thing about fighting luigi...

Dashing back and pluck canceling fsmashes at his landing is GREAT.

Weruop

Smash Ace
ice climbers blizzard wall is realllly dumb. sky was getting really close to beating me multiple times, and he even got a match off of me. i think that we are just going to have to make lots of pivot grabs when they are approaching with de synched blizzards. eventually, if they are slowly approaching, we are bound to jump over them.

: /

really dumb tactic.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
ice climbers blizzard wall is realllly dumb. sky was getting really close to beating me multiple times, and he even got a match off of me. i think that we are just going to have to make lots of pivot grabs when they are approaching with de synched blizzards. eventually, if they are slowly approaching, we are bound to jump over them.

: /

really dumb tactic.

This is about all there is to it unless they full hop desynching blizzards (in which case we can do a number of things) We really just have to pivot grab or jump over it Sh blizzards stop just about anything from smashes to latch lol

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I don't fight to many IC's, but when I do come across that problem I'd usually pivot grab, sneak in a up smash, or jump over one of them and NAIR on whoever will shorthop next.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't fight to many IC's, but when I do come across that problem I'd usually pivot grab, sneak in a up smash, or jump over one of them and NAIR on whoever will shorthop next.
That implies that the nair lands on the opponent, which isn't a good idea because they can just shieldgrab/pivotgrab you out of it.

Cook

Smash Master
If you time it right you can just run under the blizzard and up-smash. I'm not 100% that it is guaranteed, but it worked for me against Hylian last weekend. Also did it a few times to an ICs player in my crew.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
the only time i nair an ic's is when they have a low shield, if you are versing a lesser ice climbers (unless a good one happens to mess up), just wait for them to mess up blizzard and then fsmash under it/run under it and usmash. other than that, i like to wait it out because it's not safe to nair on top of them unless they full hop. choose your stages wiser so this isn't an issue

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Its gonna be banned anyways for many reasons like using smashes in the air(or so I heard) grabbing an opponent and jumping, and the whole teleporting opponent glitch lol

Fino

Smash Master
Its gonna be banned anyways for many reasons like using smashes in the air(or so I heard) grabbing an opponent and jumping, and the whole teleporting opponent glitch lol
I doubt it. How often are you going to pull it off in singles? If anything it's a nifty doubles tactic considering it removes one of your greatest weaknesses (nana).
Charizard can use smash moves in the air... he's not banned :p

~Fino

-Coco-

Smash Ace
retreating pivot grabs or just try jumping around it and punish, the desynched blizzards really stop everything =/

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I will admit that the last idea was indeed smart, and I dont think the other ones (or at least most of them) were that good of ideas for a type of discussion like this. Only choose attacks that really give Olimar problems, like the blizzard wall. Things like falco's lasers... dont' give us problems, tbh.

So think of a top/high tier and one specific attack that they have that drastically changes the matchup.

First thing that comes to mind is Snake's Ftilt, but that was (to an extent) discussed in the Matchup Thread. But something like that. But if you wanted to use that, that's fine too.

Top Bottom