• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar challenge #?: OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

Llumys

Smash Champion
Dan's working on priority and whatnot.

"The purpose of this thread is to discuss how to get around SPECIFIC moves."

I don't think we need discussing how to get around reading lines more effectively. <_<;

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i think we should move towards snakes dthrow, ness's fair, marios aerials, TL's bair/nair, or mk's dtilt

Llumys

Smash Champion
He said dtilt, but whatever. I think you're just mentioning random words. Dair's something good to discuss, I guess. I'd rather discuss Meta Knight's planking or air camping.

Anyway, why do you capitalize every letter in DAIR? It's not an acronym. Also, there's a space in Meta Knight.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Why do you care? DAIR is not a real word, it represents 2. As for the meta thing who cares? I only bother with proper grammer n all at school, not a website for a wii video game. I can see that he said d-tilt, I wasn't trying 2 say that. So I'll put dair & d-tilt.

Llumys

Smash Champion
You mad?

Regardless, I don't have much to say about Meta Knight's d-tilt, as it doesn't give me much trouble. As for the dair, I'd like to see what people have to see about air camping with it.

Zori

Smash Champion
You mad?

Regardless, I don't have much to say about Meta Knight's d-tilt, as it doesn't give me much trouble. As for the dair, I'd like to see what people have to say about air camping with it.
srz biznuss

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
You mad?

Regardless, I don't have much to say about Meta Knight's d-tilt, as it doesn't give me much trouble. As for the dair, I'd like to see what people have to see about air camping with it.
Mad cause your a fiend 4 correcting grammar? Right..........
When it comes 2 dair i usually run & spam side B. If he isn't spamming it but he's predictable I'll use ↑B then throw a pikmin.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
metaknight's planking is almost impossible to get by in general, especially his air camping. just time fsmash off the edge and hope it hits him, or if he's air camping wait it out until he messes up and try to uair/upb him. once he lands, try to snipe a white on him. basically try to time him out he will eventually get impatient if he is losing and approach, that is when you give it your best. if you are an impatient player, count his jumps and prepare for his landing.

as far as his dtilt, when he is in my face and dtilts me i find myself very limited, however i think fino mentioned you can either fsmash or dsmash and trade hits, which i never tried to do. lately i've been waiting for it and jumping and fairing and sometimes it trades hits, im not sure if that is working of if it is them messing up. iunno :p

Llumys

Smash Champion
If Meta Knight's planking, just spam forward smash and hope he gets bored.

Trading hits sounds fine for d-tilt. An aerial sounds good, too.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
When he d-tilt I'd run and pivot, F-smash, or just run away. As for air-camping yeah I'll still stick with olimar pikmin chain.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
you cant run away when he is dtilting, or grab him because dtilt over powers and he will trade hits and possibly trip you.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
#9: Luigi tornado.

I try to predict when he's gonna do it, I'll prepare for it if he already wasted his 2nd jump and is approaching the ground.

I sometimes use D-air to nullify it,
F-air or a pivot grab. Most luigi's I play though are close enough when they nado to the point where it'll be to late in order for me to pivot grab.

Zori

Smash Champion
i hate this moves this match up would be 10x more easy if he didn't have it, there is only one answer to this move.

play metaknight

Llumys

Smash Champion
This is one of the hardest moves to deal with in this match-up.

I can't think of anything specific that will put you in complete safety, but as Bob mentioned, it clash cancels with our down tilt.

There's nothing much you can do to it. It destroys our Pikmin.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Good 2 know while im fighting luigi -_____-

lol my name isn't bob.
But yeah luigi nado is pretty homo-thugish :(

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would you Wac the tornado? It's multihit. Just pivotgrab it or shield and punish if he doesn't move away.

Zori

Smash Champion
hey, i know we talked about ic blizzard wall a while ago and came to the conclusion that our only option was to jump over it and nair but i found i different way to punish them. In between there wall you can throw a purple right in the middle and it can knock one of them out of formation and you can follow up but it takes very precise aim but its aim we all should have by now

also pictochat is the best cp vs ic's, always pick this stage

Top Bottom