• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** OLD ** Volt Tackle Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kenny's right. Despite the fact that he's a solid character who's pretty viable on his own, Pikachu takes a lot of work do well with, because he has some glaring weaknesses.

Mind you, he has the tools to get around those weaknesses, but most players are too lazy to put in the time it takes to master him.... or they get discouraged after a few initial losses.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Agreed with Alt.

The text matched, and didn't seem corny at all to me. I'm not a video editor or anything but from what I can tell you did a good job.

/consumeropinion

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Aw you're quitting, boxingking?! :( Whatever is good for you! :)
I can't wait to see the full video. I await in eager anticipation. I like how it looks and while I'm not fond of the music, I could always turn it off, no?

Edit: Just read the above post: I also await your return!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay, we've been off topic long enough, that was fun.

BKING, if you want to discuss your combo video any further, post it in the Volt Tackle Videos thread. Thanks. Can't wait til it's done! :lick:

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
o.k kaylo.. let me say one more thing about my combo vid and thats it.

@esam yea its not like the other ones i wont have clips longer that 7 seconds and if i do..... parts of it will be sped up. I was using movie maker when i made my first combo vid.. but now i have sony vegas.

this will be like a traditonal combo video.. but it will have different sections. it will have D.I/thundrkills/qac combos/mindgames/grabs/ and neatral akills/Credits

And yea i found amazing music yesterday that i will put in. its touhou music.but i still need 2 more songs.

o.k thats enough about my combo video. :).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Moved all the combo vid discussion here.

Also, @Prime, I'll take out the 1-Player stuff.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Thanks, I'll add as soon as swf stops being slow. And they're not sucky, you won in those!

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Left you one of my usual fan-girly Wiscus comments~♥
I really enjoyed it!

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Really nice combo vid. I like how you mixed in clips from Pokemon in there. My favorite part was Snake's reaction after you survive his UpTilt. :laugh:

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
omg the second best pika eva thinks my combo vid was "o.k" * bking cries with joy*

the only "amazing" pika in the world is anther.. so mayb that old man may have to make a combo video :)

yea... i still think i could have done much better... but this was my first time making a combo video using proper editing software. if i had used sony vegas from the start (back in 2008) this one would have been much better.

alot of people liked the second part of the combo video starting from thunderkillz... do you think the first music by eminem was a right choice? i need to know cause i might make an unedited version ..for does who complained about the editing and flashing effects.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
BKing, the reason i think the video is OK (which isn't really a complement, but its not an insult either) isn't because of the effects, i'm talking about the material in the video. I care less for the actual editing/special effects. The comboes are more important, and a lot of them were literally like...QAC to one hit...which isn't really a combo (or even a brawl combo)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nice work, BKING. I look forward to seeing an unedited version, because I do think some of the effects were a bit overdone.... made it hard to follow what was happening sometimes.

I think if you took out the extra, unneeded effects, it might make some of the combos look better as they're allowed to stand on their own. Also, you might want to change the title of the "DI" section to something different.... because some of your DI in that part was horrible (especially the Olimar one).... you just happened to live because you momentum canceled.

Surviving that Snake utilt was pretty beast, though. Overall, I enjoyed the video, and I'm sorry to see that you're quitting. :(

Random: the Pikachu drinking from the water fountain was ****ing adorable.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think it's a little rude to tell someone who's taking a break from brawl that their final video for awhile is just "Okay" :(. I enjoyed it at least.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
ESAM doesn't know the meaning of the word "tact," lol, he just calls it like he sees it.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
esam quote.
BKing, the reason i think the video is OK (which isn't really a complement, but its not an insult either) isn't because of the effects, i'm talking about the material in the video. I care less for the actual editing/special effects. The comboes are more important, and a lot of them were literally like...QAC to one hit...which isn't really a combo (or even a brawl combo)

As i said before... the people I play(mostly pro with their mains).. its kinda hard to do a string of combos together without them d.i'ng or air doging.Yea people say im one of the best pikachus out their but at the end of the day none of us are like anther.I havent even seen you do a string of combos before.. you must admit its kinda hard! if i did a luigi combo video.. then youd probably see a string of real brawl combos ..but pikachu playstyle doesnt allow many combos imo... especially playing against realy good players.

In fact the only time ive seen a pikachu do a string of hits is when their using the chaingrab or the upair to qac lock.

Kaylo what do you think?is it posible to do a string of combos playing against pro people?
(p.s yea i like esam.. cause he tells it like it is.. kinda like kaylo! I can handle the truth!)

altairian

Smash Lord
I liked that you were showing clips against obviously very skilled players. It didn't make for many exciting "holy **** that was awesome" moments, but you did still have some in there. My only gripe was when you didn't continue the easy cg on snake over the edge in one clip! ;)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Kaylo what do you think?is it posible to do a string of combos playing against pro people?
It's significantly harder, but it's not impossible. Pikachu may not have any ridiculous real combos, but most "combos" in combo vids are based off of the opponent having bad DI at that particular moment or the recording player having godly prediction at the time.

I've nearly 0-deathed (and been nearly 0-deathed by) people I consider pretty good.... everyone has moments where they just aren't thinking right at the moment or, vice versa, they read extremely well for a minute or so. Those're the kinds of clips I normally see in combo vids.

For instance, I've gotten the following string a few times just by having good prediction: fair > utilt > uair > fair > utilt > uair > fair > dsmash > thunder. It didn't kill, unfortunately (:(), but I remember that being a good one. Pika can also do some pretty funny grab and edgeguarding shenanigans.

A lot of Pika's good stuff comes from repetition..... his combos aren't flashy in and of themselves, but the fact that he can string them together so well means that if you predict correctly, you can catch someone in, for example, an fair combo 3-4 times in a row. That ****'s too funny.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Just because i didn't say its good doesn't mean i can't pay attention. For the record, i don't really enjoy ANY brawl combo video, so its not just you. Don't feel too bad.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
True, but at this point, any videos are welcome since we have so few to begin with. Nobody (including myself) ever records! ><

altairian

Smash Lord
Hopefully after christmas I'll have a capture card so I can put up videos

...and be good enough that people will actually WANT to watch my videos >_>

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Pinnacle of Sibling rivalry....
LDPK vs. Arc-thefallen-.... His own lil' brother! =O

So I've been sorta helpin' /sorta inactive/ sorta active lately, and have come to see that there are few Pika vs. Toon Link vids. One person in Q&A asked for help about the matchup....

Since I've been so blessed with a lil' brother Toon Link main, I've decided to upload some recent videos for the opening thread in *hacked quality*. Hope this helps even if its just but a little.

*NOTICE* ~ It is my personal opinion that my bro is THE best Toon Link in the nation (what else can I say... I am his brother... :/). However, let your eyes witness and yourselves be entertained--my brother the 'berserker' Toon Link; he is no pushover. Lol

Enjoy!

MM best of 5:

1 of 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5nX-CvndlA ~ This match is dedicated to Galax! :D (sb ko)
2 of 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx58OJGmLbw
3 of 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUGUJiO8jw4 ~ EPIC! *IF you only have time to watch 3, watch these* My brother fights for a comeback
4 of 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn5e3lGtgYE ~ EPIC! (my loss but the match was so good... I had to add music ^_^) *IF you only have time to watch 3, watch these*
5 of 5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLU9-r9S5c ~ Epic Spike this is dedicated to Stealthraptor GRAND FINALE' *IF you only have time to watch 3, watch these* Guess who won?

Hope everyone likes the vids.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
On vid 3...

EPIC SPIKE!!!

Wow. During the final seconds of the match, it looked like you were trying to pull off ESAM's 0-death combo...

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace

gallax

Smash Hero
nice vids LDPK. haha. i like the dedication vids.

you probably know that i play TL quite often so i have a little advice for you.

always when you grab at these percentages:

from 0-7% fthrow<usmash
from 10%-(20-25)% dthrow<nair

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
nice vids LDPK. haha. i like the dedication vids.

you probably know that i play TL quite often so i have a little advice for you.

always when you grab at these percentages:

from 0-7% fthrow<usmash
from 10%-(20-25)% dthrow<nair
ah thanks... is the 10%-(20-25)% dthrow>nair a true combo? For some reason, i feel like i rarely land it sometimes at those damages... I guess i could try it again and see what happens. Thanks

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I prefer uair, personally..... sets up for more stuff and keeps him within pressure range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom