• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** OLD ** Volt Tackle Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My vids got ig'ed..T_T

*runs away crying*
:confused:

i do, they just arent uploaded. ill bug him about them.
Hooray. Some Olimar vids would be great.

NL, I might use the Luigi one.

Can't use the B+ one, and the G&W one.... your opponent wasn't good enough. Peach one had an SD and a fair amount of QAC mistakes.... x.o I'll look at the rest soon.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
ig'ed means Ignored lol.

The luigi ones were both boss. For the others, fair enough. The other peach one was alright though.

The one against dazwa was tourney so i think that would be good.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
If anyone has any recent vids, I'm looking to update the videos in the Generating A Win guide.

I'm especially looking for good videos versus: MK, Snake, Marth, G&W, ROB, Falco, DDD, Diddy, ICs, Kirby, Lucario, Olimar, Pika dittos, Peach, Wario, and PT

If you have any vids or recommendations, please let me know!
Yay! I could post the grand finals of a recent tournament i went to. Was planning to post these up for show/critique anyways.

Grand Finals (LDPK-losers bracket; Lord Karn-Winners Bracket)

Set 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFG910thTLw (marth) *one sd tho on his part ._.*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POBsATO8i8U (marth) *this one's dedicated to you galax ^_^*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U9JdM9g9Oo (marth) *i lost this one T_T*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBhcJfJPhEk (marth) *YI... my fav counterpick ^_^* ... yes call me crazy....

Set 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl9Z1fAsvQY (marth) *mindgames*
*2 of 3 of Set 2 did not record for some reason* (marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65QebFMjAk (wario) *I have a weakness for fat guys... I got butchered, but luck chose me @_@* STEALTH! THIS IS FOR YOU! >:D

Edit: It was my first time placing first <(^_^<) woot!

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Please do, I'll be looking forward to those. My friend plays Pit and I'm sure I could gain some insight on the match-up based on those videos.

Also, what about vids vs Samus?

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Don't see any of those up, but I can just keep playing Xyro myself I guess! Haha. Get some matches in vs ky. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Updated the OP.

All videos over half a year old were taken down, and I added a few tags to make browsing easier. If you're curious....

*NEW!* - Vid was added in the last update.
Old - Vid is over three months old.
Wifi - Self-explanatory.
*HQ!* - High Quality.... and I actually looked. A little "HQ" button means nothing if it's still blurry after you click it, lol.

Everything else is noted in DeepSkyBlue.

In Neji's absence, hopefully we can keep this thing up to date as much as possible! Happy recording. :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Updated.

BKING, I love how you tag your vids "M2K" even though they have nothing to do with him..... x.o

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Can anyone post videos?
Technically, yes, but you should be fairly confident that your Pika skills are above average. You don't have to be pro-level, but..... no scrub vids.

Which is exactly why I haven't posted my older ones, lolol.

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I think I'm above average. I guess it depends on what you consider average. I could PM you a video link and you could give me a thumbs up/down on posting.

EDIT: I'm very surprised you haven't posted anything at all, KayLo.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I think I'm above average. I guess it depends on what you consider average. I could PM you a video link and you could give me a thumbs up/down on posting.

EDIT: I'm very surprised you haven't posted anything at all, KayLo.
Belated reply, but that's fine. And yeah, I should get some matches recorded soon.... it's just a hassle because I never play offline on my own Wii, and I can't record my own vids, so getting good replays and finding someone to record/upload them can take a while. I usually forget, lol.

OP has been updated.

A lot of people were removed for having vids older than the 6-month cut-off date, so I encourage people to post new videos as soon as they can!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
OP updated.

Switched owners (Neji won't mind.... he hasn't been here since the dawn of time) so that we can do Video of the Week. Every week (....or something like that, lol), a new vid will be featured in the OP.

First one is Gallax vs. Zazen (Olimar). :bee:

We need more vids. Record, people, record! Yeah, I'm talking to myself, too......

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I wanted this thread! I did so much work on it. You should've seen it before Neji let me edit it. Look the at the Sonics' video thread for an idea, no offense to them. Neji updated sometimes and 5ive just promoted his videos. I wants it! You can still edit it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh. The whole reason I switched was because when I tried to embed videos with Neji as the OP, it showed up as script since he's not a mod.

You can take the stage discussion, though. :)

Or you can take this thread, and we just won't have vids in the OP. I really don't care either way.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Oh that's okay then. I don't really need it. I like having the embed vids. It makes the thread look really sexy. And no thanks to the stage discussion offer. I don't know much about stages.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think we should get rid of the 1-player mode section. It's pretty useless and those records are very out dated.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
check out my final youtube video i will be putting out. (actually second to last)

RAT RACE:A PIKA COMBO VIDEO PREVIEW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44glprCfDkk

I have quit brawl.. so im making one more combo video but for once..i wil take my time and do it instead of rushing like my others. Tel me what you think of the preview..+ it would be nice of someone could help me edit... are their any editing pros here? im using sony vegas 9 atm.

The clips i have are really really good in terms of combos.. so i need to edit it properly :)

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Nice BKing. Usually I hate it when people use Linkin Park (overused and never used right) but you pulled it off sir.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
it would be nice of someone could help me edit... are their any editing pros here? im using sony vegas 9 atm.
You can try asking 5ive, but iirc, he said he's working on some other stuff atm.... not sure how much free time he has. But it can't hurt to ask, and he's very good at editing.

Really nice preview, btw. The clips in the beginning fit so well with the music.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Don't ask 5ive. You could learn to become a master of editing before he'd even start on your video.

Your editing seems sufficient Bking :3

5ive

Smash Champion
o.o
K-9, I don't really appreciate that comment <__<. I'm trying to help out because I'm not really active here anymore (yaay Brawl+), but unfortunately haven't had much time these past weeks.

I've started the infinite lock video thingy, but tutorial videos usually take longer than combo videos. The recent combo video I edited took 2 sleepless nights, but because there is text involved (plus no free time on my hand), tutorial video has obviously took a lot longer than expected.

Here comes a lot of text
@ Bking

Here's some constructive criticism, there is a lot of work to be done on your editing. Good start; it's a lot better than your previous stuff but here are some tips you should consider or take in:

Linkin park is not going to work. Music choice is essential. Try looking around for 3 to 5 possible songs and play around with clips. Listen to each song and plan out how you are going to edit each part.

Here's something I tell myself when editing:

Simplicity is the key.

Some of those green line things were on the verge of being really corny. When you edit the final product, I would stress syncing with the music more than effects. I know this was a trailer, but don't use text in the middle of footage. It doesn't look that great, and to be honest, it just ruins the attention of the viewer. If you DO choose to use text, make sure it's a neutral colour ie. Black, white

This might be your last combo video and of course you want this to be as good as possible, so I hope you try your best to improve and make the final product amazing. I'm sure it will be good regardless.

I actually have an in-depth sticky in the combo video boards, so check it out if you need more help
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=213484

Last tip, try checking my combo video for some editing ideas. I know it maybe a little bias to tell you to check it out, but it is my most recent, and IMO best work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBImJv8HbQ&fmt=22

Goodluck.

PS. ESAM/anyone pissed at me for taking so long;

If you guys aren't willing to wait for the finished product, gladly find someone else to do it. Let me know though.

5ive

Smash Champion
I figured you would be a little mad at me. I would be if some one took this long, especially after saying I could have it done in 2 weeks.

Again, my apologies.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Not really, i could give less of a **** when the video is done. I know how to do my technique lol.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
lol o.k. i am taking alot of your information into consideration... even when im finished i will watch it and also show some combo video experts before i upload. ive been watching izaw & charbys link & ZSS videos which are really good in terms of editing. And your right... music choice is very important. that process will take a while to figure out. inb4rape is really good.. reminds me of criticle touches vid in terms of music choice.

but imo this is the best combo vid to come out recently. because as you said its simple... no crazy editing and good music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0PodRgjmKY

EDIT.@steallth: yea im quiting because my sisters wii broke & i sold my other wii. I still have brawl doe.. so i may return one day. No sane human being could quit brawl without coming back at some point :).

One more question.. why dont alot of people main pikachu in brawl? I mean their are only like 25 known pro pikachu's worldwide! why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom