• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** OLD ** Volt Tackle Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I did. I think most of them were good or okay. I think Ignis could really do a better metaknight and could be less predictable with falco's side-b, but other than that its good.

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
cool, thanks LDPK. if anyone has any ideas or advice it would be cool if they posted in the critique thread or a comment on a video.

gallax

Smash Hero
yo ldpk i have an observation that may help you!!!!!

whenever u are pressuring ur opponent near the edge you tend to roll away, giving the opponent a chance to get off the edge or away from the edge safely. when you get near the edge dont roll away. stay there and keep the pressure. if you stop rolling away you will probably find yourself getting some easier reads.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
yo ldpk i have an observation that may help you!!!!!

whenever u are pressuring ur opponent near the edge you tend to roll away, giving the opponent a chance to get off the edge or away from the edge safely. when you get near the edge dont roll away. stay there and keep the pressure. if you stop rolling away you will probably find yourself getting some easier reads.
yea... lingering reflexes against the marth PR person. I forgot that TL cannot punish me at all in that situation. Although, i played the TL similar to how i face my brother (who knows to to projectile that spot) so i can't stay there with my shield too long. I'll mix it in more when I find that i'm letting them on too much. Thanks.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm not done watching yet, but:

- Work on your thunder timing. You missed a lot or mindgame failed with it, and it got you killed on your first stock. I think you hit with it once out of like..... I dunno. Lots of attempts, to say the least, lol.

EDIT: You did tons better with it second stock.

- You missed punishing his failed grabs twice. :( And in the first case, you were RIGHT THERE. In the second case, you were kinda far, so I dunno if you could've gotten there in time, but you didn't even tjolt or anything.

- Much better use of QAC than in those Ike matches.

EDIT #2: Not even gonna comment on the Norfair match..... what a fail CP on his part, lol.

Nice vids. =D You should go to Pound and play my crewmate, King Toon. His TL is (no offense to that player) much better than that one..... he's too good.

gallax

Smash Hero
oh yeah i can see how u would roll away after playing dr.pp. that is actually quite understandable. i would actually like to see some vids of you two play. he has a really good marth.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
- Work on your thunder timing. You missed a lot or mindgame failed with it, and it got you killed on your first stock. I think you hit with it once out of like..... I dunno. Lots of attempts, to say the least, lol.

EDIT: You did tons better with it second stock.

- You missed punishing his failed grabs twice. :(
*Jots down kaylo's observations*

Yea... I mindgame fail a lot of times, so my videos in particular aren't really good for teaching i guess. I won't lie, i do mindgame a lot (too much according to most people), but it's the only way i can get better in reading (at least for me)--its what makes the game most enjoyable for me (no other adrenaline rush quite like gambling Skull bash against a spiker or a thunder against a tipper ^_^). Tho, I honestly do it all for the goal of owning my opponent ^_^ (and all of NC knows that >:D)--and making it epic. I hope my later matches cater to more people's liking. Thanks for the insights--they won't go to waste. ^_^

=D You should go to Pound and play my crewmate, King Toon.
I NEED A RIDE! I'll FREAKING COOK BEST CHINESE FOOD FOR RIDE GIVER so long as I have a ride. Same reason why i can't go anywhere, why i have been on summer hiatus, why my only Out of State beatdown experience are in NC and VA--i need a ride... *tears start welling*.

j/k... (about the tears)

I'd love to go. If i do, tell that crewmate that he's got 5 matches to try to cream me as good as he can. After the 5th one, I'll almost guarentee, he'll either never win again or have the most heated pika matches of his life ^_^. That's of course if he goes ALL OUT within the first 5 matches--I'll go all out, so let's be gentlemen ^_^. I do like whippin TL's and am used to getting whipped by them back.

oh yeah i can see how u would roll away after playing dr.pp. that is actually quite understandable. i would actually like to see some vids of you two play. he has a really good marth.
Oh, I am glad you get what i mean. He and I will be happy to do matches for the pika and marth community. Actually, Dr. PP is thinking of quitting brawl because his melee skills are more solid in getting money (his parent's don't allow him to go to ANY tourney that he does not bring money back--intense standard O_O). But he's officially going to quit whenever all the remnant of NC learns the marth experience so we can whoop all the other marths Out of State and rep NC. If it weren't for PP, I wouldn't have even been able to take a stock off of HRnut at herb 2, let alone beat him in a friendly match. I'll get the videos sometime at the next tourney i see Dr. PP in. Otherwise, wait for herb 3 to see me for sure.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Against marth, when he is on the ledge just stay out of his fair range and get ready for a ledgehop nair/dolphin slash...

altairian

Smash Lord
wait
how can you not allow someone to go to a tournament they don't win money in....are they able to predict the future? o_O

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I'm going to post the vids of my last tourney grand finals and winners finals against this insane DK main from NC. I won cuz the matchup is more in my favor (both he and I agree), but you guys should look at some of the insane crap that this guy does.

I hope to post them by christmas.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Sorry for double post (again)... but... If i am like teh only person now that posts vids regularly in here, then i'm probably stuck with double posting at times... O_O.

More Legendary Vids... Lol j/k

Duke 12/5 Biweeklies

Winners Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQZZR1x_LCA 1
~ What I look like when I cannot read my opponent yet... *calibrating my sharingan ^_^*
$ Dedicated to anyone who likes to see me get beat up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpB7ldPRDbQ&feature=response_watch 2+3
~ Learned that this guy has a lil hard time against camping.... *I'm his worst possible opponent, then*
$ Dedicated to campers. QaC finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MDBX4Bcqc&feature=response_watch 4+5
~ Seen enough of his tricks... Witness me at the peak of my reading skills ^_^(match 5)
$ Match 5 is dedicated to Stealth Raptor

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
*infracts*

Jk, you can double post to bump as long as there's a reason for it.

Thanks, LDPK!

Hopefully ESAM, Razek, and gallax'll have some vids after Winterfest.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He's certainly the one *****ing the least atm.

Can't wait to see those vids, ESAM.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Oh ESAM. "I want to be the very best...."
a little too much

Watched one of the Gnes vids. It's about time you got some quality videos up. I've gotta start practicing airdodging diddy's bananas now.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lol thanks :D

3 sets with ally should be up in 2 other accounts...idk what they are though. One of them is razek's.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Sorry for double post (again)... but... If i am like teh only person now that posts vids regularly in here, then i'm probably stuck with double posting at times... O_O.

More Legendary Vids... Lol j/k

Duke 12/5 Biweeklies

Winners Finals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQZZR1x_LCA 1
~ What I look like when I cannot read my opponent yet... *calibrating my sharingan ^_^*
$ Dedicated to anyone who likes to see me get beat up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpB7ldPRDbQ&feature=response_watch 2+3
~ Learned that this guy has a lil hard time against camping.... *I'm his worst possible opponent, then*
$ Dedicated to campers. QaC finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MDBX4Bcqc&feature=response_watch 4+5
~ Seen enough of his tricks... Witness me at the peak of my reading skills ^_^(match 5)
$ Match 5 is dedicated to Stealth Raptor
OMG your thunder use in that last match was <3333333. even using nair to protect thunder

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Needs update.

I think I'll have draft crew battle (very friendly) vids soon, but they're not very good. The Kirby I played against was meh, so it's pretty much just me tjolting over and over, then dying before I had a chance to take a second stock because I messed up a QAC landing. ;;

Oh yeah, and I went against my friend's super aggro Peach. Again, just..... lots of camping ftw.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I hope they will be uploaded :( I wanna see myself ****/get ***** by ally. I 3 stock him one match on Battlefield!! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom