• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OLD* SSBB Samus SWF Compilation Video Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borozan

Smash Rookie
Mhm. And I'd say to feed him his banana to show him what its like. Wait for him to throw a banana and airdodge, then pick it up. Begin charging your charged shot. Roll every time he tries to grab you or throw bananas at ya. Then, every now and then, throw in something else to throw the diddy off. When you are fully charged, missle him down with a homing missle. Then, easy as so, throw that banana at him. When he trips on it, missle him again, zair, projectile shot, and if he is still alive, dair him down. Don't repeat too many times or he'll get your strategy.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
Mhm. And I'd say to feed him his banana to show him what its like. Wait for him to throw a banana and airdodge, then pick it up. Begin charging your charged shot. Roll every time he tries to grab you or throw bananas at ya. Then, every now and then, throw in something else to throw the diddy off. When you are fully charged, missle him down with a homing missle. Then, easy as so, throw that banana at him. When he trips on it, missle him again, zair, projectile shot, and if he is still alive, dair him down. Don't repeat too many times or he'll get your strategy.
Rolling isn't the best idea as Samus' roll is horrible. Samus has better options.

Agreeing with Patch on the rolling thing, however Borozan makes some VERY good points, homing missles would probably do nicely after baiting Diddy

Borozan

Smash Rookie
Well, I guess you are right... instead of rolling you can just as easily shield and/or z. Z is good, but only if diddy isn't long ranging you, which he most likely will. I usually find a good space for charging, but some stages have little room to do so...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Rolling isn't the best idea as Samus' roll is horrible. Samus has better options.

I like yew. good comment, hahaha guys most of us have tried grabbing and holding onto his nana's it's best to glide toss them asap and give you all your options back (for my personal style anyways)

Borozan

Smash Rookie

I like yew. good comment, hahaha guys most of us have tried grabbing and holding onto his nana's it's best to glide toss them asap and give you all your options back (for my personal style anyways)
I guess you are right in that the projectile is optional, because it is only keeping the opponent in the air longer, and its stalling that nanner in your hand.

And stalling can be bad at times, but also, your opponent may at times expect you to go right away, like if you charge a shot and then jump right in front of them, they will shield.

So then stalling is nice. But then again, the projectile helps if the opponent is at a high percent, seeing as if you got the combo that far, you can projectile them off, but your dair can kill them as well, so I guess the bair is iffy at best, but can help or not help. Just spices up a combo. And spice isn't always nice.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Extreme friendlies? EXTREME FRIENDLIES?!
I learned that from some of Juice's current members months before Juice started. Also, haven't played on WiFi in over nine months. =/ If only I could get my Adaptec thinger working, I would have many more videos up on Ytube.

Btw, we should try and get our clips against some of our negative matchups since it will allow newcomers and main samus mains alike to see how to get out of situations, perhaps somebody can teach me to get away from Diddy's nanas?
Only if the HT'ed character is played by a respectable player of that character. For a potentially incomming player, watching a known player get his high tiered character toppled by a LT char. is inspiring, therefore making the character seem more inviting. I'm not swayed one bit by watching some scrub MK lose to a great PT.

I loved the lulzy 1$ MM that ADHD challenged me to (I'm pretty sure he sandbagged through the whole thing, but I expected no less and I think his decision made the match way more fun). Maybe I could pay him enough to play seriously and have it recorded. ?: It would either be fun to watch me get *****, or informative...either way it will be entertaining for you guys. :p

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
That is not even close to representing the Diddy/Samus match-up. Honestly. Gimped by Diddy all three times. Samus gimped by Diddy... maybe one time is kind of acceptable... three stocked? O_O

Of course, that was Dec '08. Things change! We know stuff!

Diddy match-up... z-air camp him. The worst possible scenario involves you getting hit by a banana in the air, trading off a z-air hit on Diddy. Much better than tripping on the ground. If so happens you manage to get a hold of a banana, drop it in front of you, leaving your options open and limiting his. And then keep z-airing. (He has to either dash attack to regain control of it, or hit you with a second banana to regain control of the first.) You could glide toss and attempt to combo off the banana, but that's not how Samus plays. Combo off of any free z-air hit you get (chain with dash attack to pick up the banana and reset your spacing with it) or just leave the banana for zone control. Homing missiles work if you're not in z-air range. Otherwise, the extra 1% isn't worth risking a possible trip.

On a side note, do throw any peanuts you catch while z-airing at him.

If the Diddy is honestly throwing the banana in the air instead of glide tossing in this match-up, laugh and keep z-airing. His ground game is too good (the lag on his grabs are ridiculous) so playing the OoS game sucks against Diddy. His aerial game is above average too; significant lag on the f-air, but since he's chaining the f-air off of banana, it's good. Diddy's main problem is approaching characters with higher priority so you kind of have to fight his weakness and hide yours (Samus's subpar close range game.) And like the Falco match-up, gimping is a must.

I'd put it 65:35 Diddy's, but I could see it move towards 60:40 at the least. But if you're playing someone who doesn't main Diddy... or doesn't know the match-up, they will have trouble fighting a Samus, making it seem 50:50. I guarantee it.

.. this should go in the morphology. lol

Rhyme

Smash Lord
.. this should go in the morphology. lol
Huge pet peeve of mine. Forcing discussion to move kills its its drive, its sporadic nature.

Zair camping vs Diddy only works when you're near an edge. As a personal preference, I like to hold Diddy's bananas instead of zoning with them. It lowers Diddy's ground presence and gives you a reliable follow-up for Zair.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Huge pet peeve of mine. Forcing discussion to move kills its its drive, its sporadic nature.

Zair camping vs Diddy only works when you're near an edge. As a personal preference, I like to hold Diddy's bananas instead of zoning with them. It lowers Diddy's ground presence and gives you a reliable follow-up for Zair.
This. And let me dream, dammit.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
As a personal preference, I like to hold Diddy's bananas instead of zoning with them. It lowers Diddy's ground presence and gives you a reliable follow-up for Zair.
A reliable follow-up, I agree. But you could have a reliable follow-up after the z-air anyway, (2nd z-air/dash attack(could pick up 2nd banana along the way)/full CS) And it's kind of risky holding the banana and therefore limiting your options (I often have to n-air if I mess up the z-air and get hit in the air by banana, just to prevent a follow-up from Diddy)

I guess based on risk v reward, it does just come down to a matter of personal preference.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
N-air is good anyway. Abusing Diddy's banana prevents him from using it. Ask yourself, what's better/worse: Having less options, or fighting off nanas?

In the end, it is preference, though. Me + items = broken, so I prefer to do that (ironically, I refuse to use Zero Suit Samus' suit pieces most of the time).

Ravin

Smash Lord
If you want this to work Patches you need to be active and show a lot of the older members you actually want to do this. And no poke in every few days and go Lol a lot has happened when I was gone.

It's not going to ease up anyone into actually wanting to help. A Compilation Video of Samus mains that arnt well known WONT be getting much attention. (No offense guys.)

Be more assertive about it.

If you want this to work Patches you need to be active and show a lot of the older members you actually want to do this. And no poke in every few days and go Lol a lot has happened when I was gone.

It's not going to ease up anyone into actually wanting to help. A Compilation Video of Samus mains that arnt well known WONT be getting much attention. (No offense guys.)

I recently asked 15 (15-20) random smashers if they had heard of Xyro or Tudor, 4 of them said yes...... (I get bored very easily <.<)

Samus mains who aint well known will make hardly any difference to the popularity.

Supposedbly well known Samus mains like Xyro are not as popular as everybody thinks.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
NO ONE uses samus so no one cares about her.
NONE of us place super super high with samus so no one notices us.

So wether its me or tudor or rohins or whoever...........the 2 reasons above are why we aint to popular.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

bla bla

Your forerunners will get there, no worries Xyro. Look how long it took for Taj to gain the spotlight in melee with his Mewtwo.

It's just going to be a while...

So wether its me or tudor or rohins or whoever...........the 2 reasons above are why we aint to popular.

Yeah those are valid points, those points also support my theory ;o.

So.... I actually have a few clips I'd like to use for this........ o.o

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I guess based on risk v reward, it does just come down to a matter of personal preference.
Preference, or important part of the character's metagame. The matchup is still developing, so it's good to see different Samus having success with different strats.

N-air is good anyway. Abusing Diddy's banana prevents him from using it. Ask yourself, what's better/worse: Having less options, or fighting off nanas?
Exactly. I do the same thing to ROB whenever I can. If you really need to do an aerial, Z-drop and pick the banana up again. Samus still has Zair, missiles, CS, bombs, which means you can continue to camp Diddy or ROB (who cannot camp as effectively in this MU without said items).

are you naked? im naked
Sexy. ; )

Ravin

Smash Lord
You missed the main point. Asking people doesn't mean they arnt known. Thats a stupid generalization. Tudor, Rohins, and Xyro are more known then most mains out there. you can ask anyone and maybe those people arn't well known. But I know M2K, Gimpy, and several other names know who the people are that I mentioned, and thats enough to know that if they know Rohins and ect, they are more known then most people on these forums.

Thats the point I am getting at.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
...what? They're both horrible. You can't do a comparison like that... not to mention you're going to be fighting nanas no matter what. With that said, having more options is better.

If you gain control of one, then that's one less on the field. But holding onto the nana isn't the only way to control the match-up. As long as it wasn't in prior possession of Diddy, who cares if it's on the ground?

Wouldn't you rather be able to play a camp game with a nana in front of you rather than play a camp game with nana in hand? Yes, you could drop the Z-drop the nana to regain your options... just don't go and pick it up again unless you're following up with dash attack. Dropping it just to pick it up again is a waste of what could have been a better move.

EDIT: ROB Match-up is different. There's only one gyro. And since ROB has crappy approach options, holding onto the gyro makes life miserable for the ROB.

Patch94

Smash Rookie

Yeah. You're right. I'll try to visit Smashboards everyday and discuss. Its just that I'm quite busy and a lot of things are discussed when I'm away sleeping and/or in school. And I don't have access to this site during school. =/ But no johns. I'll do the best I can.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
If you gain control of one, then that's one less on the field. But holding onto the nana isn't the only way to control the match-up. As long as it wasn't in prior possession of Diddy, who cares if it's on the ground?

Wouldn't you rather be able to play a camp game with a nana in front of you rather than play a camp game with nana in hand? Yes, you could drop the Z-drop the nana to regain your options... just don't go and pick it up again unless you're following up with dash attack. Dropping it just to pick it up again is a waste of what could have been a better move.
The act of Diddy picking up a banana with an attack is one of the ways that I get an attack of opportunity on him. So no, I wouldn't rather throw it and then pick it up with dash attack later on. I don't mind stopping to pick up a banana. Even if I didn't make a follow-up attempt, I reset the situation and have more ground presence with a banana in hand. I still prefer having only one banana to worry about. It makes it very possible that Samus can control a part of the stage as opposed to being restricted to the area near an edge.

With a banana in hand, Samus would have throwing, glide-tossing, Zair, upB and bombs as OoS options. That's a good enough reason for me to sacrifice Ftilt.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Without a Banana in hand, Samus has grab, tilts, jab, aerials... sacrificing the throw/glide toss. My game revolves around OoS and punishment. That would be preference.

"The act of Diddy picking up a banana..." I agree with. Which is why I leave the nana I grab while z-airing on the ground. The nana remains a threat until Diddy decides to regain control, or the nana disappears. If Diddy attempts to regain control, I punish.

If the nana is in your hand, "the act of Diddy picking up a banana" won't happen as often. If they're spawning a banana, they're going to do it out of z-air/item throw range. If they're picking up a banana they already control, I'm sure they won't do it unless an opening appears.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That's why I tried to cover all OoS options that a banana gives to Samus. She sacrifices some to gain others, a worthwhile trade-off IMO.

Using Samus' many projectiles, you can gooseguard a banana that bounced off your shield while holding onto the other banana. Sure you'll have to change strategy when punishing him for picking up that other banana, but it's possible with a little practice.

I am still learning things about this matchup, so my tune may change over the next few months.

Okay I know reviving dead topics is forbidden and stuff... But many people seemed to enjoy this idea, so I was thinking since Patch doesnt come here anymore.... would you guys still be interested in starting this up? I can edit just fine, and capture footage if need be.

I figure it would be better to get your opinions rather then starting a new thread altogether.

That's good to hear. Anybody else <.<.

Noid, Xyro if you don't get your ***** in here I'll eat your cookies <3

Well I know we're stone cold dead right now, but I am more then happy to record your footage guys if you don't have access to a capture card. If you want to be apart of this project, then I am more then happy to include you all. I have all my footage ready (set aside from my own CV) that will do nicely for this video.

Has anyone got any song preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom