• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

old sheik mains still gonna play sheik?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well i was thinking about this. i am a sheik main right now, i love playing her, and i was excited to see her confirmed. but i dont know if i want to play as her in brawl. i mean, we want all these new characters but wouldn't it be a waste of characters if we just keep playing the same ones? out of all the new characters and possibly close to 40 characters, will you still want to play the same person all over again? i personally need to experiment with all of the characters before i decide if i am going to play sheik all over again...peace

-hiro

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i´ll start out with sheik, but who knows what´ll happen...
but i think i´ll always play her at least as a third, foruth or second...
dunno yet :D we´ll see

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
Ill play through every character through 1-p mode, and events, and etc. And still Ill use more than just Sheik during multiplayer, (pit, zelda, fox) but Sheik is still the main.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
haha, Sheik will be my main through and through..

but i have to say that i won't be spending as much time playing Sheik, since i'll be experimenting with all the other characters..

but who's know??

maybe i'm wrong?

i might just find me a new main..

-QTP

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman
Shiek mains who main Shiek because they like her will most likely stick with her, with the people who use her for high tierlyness will not. Assuming she's nerfed.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
Shiek mains who main Shiek because they like her will most likely stick with her, with the people who use her for high tierlyness will not. Assuming she's nerfed.

haha, thank you..

agreed.

-QTP

Micahc

Smash Ace
Maybe, depends on how bad she's nerfed, if she's still as Ninja as before, or if they buffed Mewtwo.

If they buffed Mewtwo it's gonna be hard to choose, fetus cat with a short fuse, or a Ninja? Chances are I'm gonna end up maining most of the characters anyway :p

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
I am of course gonna try the new characters, I have a couple on my list. But sheik will still be played, if not my main, she will be an alt.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
i played sheik for her style, not her "high tierlyness"(what can i say, ninjahs are awesome). I'm still planning on keeping her high on my list but until i actually get the game in my hands im not committing to a main or a list of order...

ryukotsusei

Smash Rookie
I am of course gonna try the new characters, I have a couple on my list. But sheik will still be played, if not my main, she will be an alt.
brawl really is shaping up to be a game that no-one will wanna miss! I have no idea where to start when it comes to characters:confused:

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
i played sheik for her style, not her "high lierlyness"(what can i say, ninjahs are awesome). I'm still planning on keeping her high on my list but until i actually get the game in my hands im not committing to a main or a list of order...
just exactly what i think!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well even though I love sheik i am a fair weather fan. The reason why I even picked up sheik back in the day was because I thought she was the best character in the game. Of course I did lean fox or falco was later on but by the time I discovered this I was already so good with sheik it would be better for me to stay.

So I'll give everyone a chance and if I find someone better then Sheik I'll switch.

Arymo

Smash Rookie
I gotta experiment with all the characters but I can say that im going to be looking forward to playing Sheik and possibly maining her again.

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
I am still going to main her, but with 2 or 3 others as well, all probably new characters.

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
... yeah ... during this pasat year i was convinced that I was gonna keep on maining sheik...
but pokemon trainer looks so darn amazing!!!!

not to mention olimar!!!

I think I might keep her on the side just in case, but other characters seem too great an opportunity to pass up!

Banned via Administration
i only played shiek cuz she was easy to win with compared to bowser. but id oubt that will be the case thsi time so gg shiek.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Enjoy your nerfed ninja, broken character lovers.
Well I never remember saying that I loved Sheik because she was high tier or just plainly because she was a ninja. And who honestly isn't expecting a nerf in Sheik? Your comment was unnecessary and, in my book, dubbed useless. :/

Anyway, yes, I will still main Sheik along with Zelda.
Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus.
Them four females.

What can I say? I love transforming females between names that start with Z and S.

exactly u can't really pick out a mains list yet because, first, we dunno how many other characters havent been anounced and also we havent tried out the new guys yet so we dunno if we'll main em

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Assuming she's not completely nerf I will still use her. I think I may be one of the few people who liked her from the character more so than the fact she was really good.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I was a Sheik-main in melee and I'm glad to see her return in brawl but now that Sonic has been announced I'm excited about playing and mastering him...I'll probably play Sheik on the side as I was a secondary with Marth and now he's Probably out...

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
There are so many awsome characters coming in, but I've always liked characters that resembled ninjas. There is a good chance that I will main or go back to her after trying everyone out.

S2

Smash Lord
I'll probably still main her.

First I'm going to try out some of the new characters, since I'm much more excited about them than playing as Sheik again.

At least I'll keep my Sheik skills up, but I'm more interested in playing Meta, ZSS, Snake, or Sonic.

draigaran

Smash Apprentice
Shawty! I'm interested in a lot of the new characters, mainly the ones with glide, but even if Sheik is nerfed, I will play a considerable amount of time with her, if not main her. She is by far my favorite game character, ever :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
After watching so many vidoes of Sheik and seeing that besides her Fair she is still quite deadly I'm 100% I'm going to use her now in brawl.

benman

Smash Rookie
Those of you that want to main sheik because of how she was in melee, don't bother. I was a sheik main myself and the creators have locked her skill and speed away and threw away the key. I have personally played her and to say the least, to me, she was a disappointment after maining her in melee. they traded most of her skill (chain grabbing with the down throw to give an example) for the ability to grapple with the side-b.

Luthien

Smash Ace
I will main Sheik, if only because of this:

http://darkangelkitari.deviantart.com/art/Sheik-s-Tea-Time-75936651

For those of you who would die if you saw an SSE spoiler, don't follow the link.

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I am a Zelda main, but I would use Sheik often. You can't beat that speed (well...at least you couldn't until Sonic came in). I am more excited to use Sheik with her TP design, and can't wait.

I might stray to ZSS if I still want that agility and speed that Sheik has (and someone who they gave an effective whip).

I'm also really excited for Pit, but not as a Sheik substitute.

Sheik_Pwns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aluran
3DS FC
0834-1378-6308
no there's nothing wrong with keeping old characters i didn't expect them to even keep sheik i was also
happy

Schivi

Smash Rookie
I think... since KO'n will be some trouble with sheik..especialy with the nerfs, i will still main sheik but simply switch to zelda once ive racked up some combo dmg and KO with Zelda's even more deadly kick.

I think i remember hearing reports that swtiching from Sheik to zelda is a lot quicker then switching to sheik ...this will be useful for recovery and make switching in battle a lot more easy
the sheik air nerfs also give portential for easier combo's and more dmg

ill then provide the KO with zelda

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
I think... since KO'n will be some trouble with sheik..especialy with the nerfs, i will still main sheik but simply switch to zelda once ive racked up some combo dmg and KO with Zelda's even more deadly kick.

I think i remember hearing reports that swtiching from Sheik to zelda is a lot quicker then switching to sheik ...this will be useful for recovery and make switching in battle a lot more easy
the sheik air nerfs also give portential for easier combo's and more dmg

ill then provide the KO with zelda
yea i think this is definately what the devs wanted you to do, since the switching time from Sheik to zelda is smaller than Zelda to sheik, sheiks face on zelda's icon is bigger than zeldas making me think the devs wanted people to play her first, and also the fact that sheik is a combo beast but only has one (weak) KO move while zelda has poor comboability but has the most powerful 4 arials in the game (i think more powerful than ganons if im not mistaken)

Top Bottom