• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

old sheik mains still gonna play sheik?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
i def want to, ever since melee came out i wished that they gave her a spike and that she coutld use her chain similar to samus' and link's. Thats what they did, and gave her more colors. I think she will still be fun to play as

AMP!

Smash Rookie
Sheik doesn't look nearly as bad as some people are making her out to be. The slap was nerfed a bit, BUT that shouldn't effect the playability of her that much. I still plan on using sheik as a main because I enjoy playing her a lot. I do plan on using other charicters like Snake because I was a fan of the metal gear games.

Its just more fun to play charicters that you like than play them for how broken they are.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Sheik wasn't nerfed that hard from melee to brawl (not nearly as bad as peach or samus) .Some things have been nerfed, others just changed. The slap is kind of nerfed and her uair has a weird sweet spot but other than that I am quite pleased with her. Not to mention her new look is awesome. But this is just my opinion after 6 hours with her.

Sheik Slammer

Smash Rookie
Yeah sheik all the way im never switching, who cares about all the characters ill let everyone else play them, as for me im sticking to my bab.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sheik all the way im never switching, who cares about all the characters ill let everyone else play them, as for me im sticking to my bab.
'
have you ever played any other nintendo game in your life other than OoT? (and even if you DID actually play that, you would be interested in playing as Link)

Luthien

Smash Ace
What can I say? I love transforming females between names that start with Z and S.
Oh wow. I just noticed that similarity now. *Facepalm* I suppose I'll try using both Zelda and Sheik depending on the matchup, seeing as how spacing and mindgames are going to be far more important than technical skill in Brawl. Of course, there's the amount of time it takes to switch which demotivates me a little... >.>

S2

Smash Lord
Sheik wasn't nerfed that hard from melee to brawl (not nearly as bad as peach or samus) .Some things have been nerfed, others just changed. The slap is kind of nerfed and her uair has a weird sweet spot but other than that I am quite pleased with her. Not to mention her new look is awesome. But this is just my opinion after 6 hours with her.
I agree completely. When I was playing in teams, she felt a little weak compared to Melee... but in 1v1s... she's still very quick.

Yes, her killing moves got a small nerf, but it could be much worse. She's still very fast and has a great recovery. Given the slower-floatiness of Brawl, her quick attack and move speed are invaluable. Sheik players will probably have the least to relearn, since she plays very very similar to Melee.

Plus, Zelda got a huge buff. Since they are technically the same character - this is a pro. You can now probably use Zelda/Sheik as they were intended. That is, you can switch between them based on which one is better for the matchup. Since its going to end up extremely likely that Zelda will be better in some scenarios... unlike Melee where Sheik was better in every matchup except versus IC.

Eddy 650

Smash Rookie
I am definitely sticking with sheik still. Although some of her kill moves have been altered, I look at it as a way to develop new ways of playing her.

The Drizzle

Smash Cadet
Probably, but I still want to test out some of the other characters before I say for sure that I'm maining Shiek.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I would like to take this time to thank h1roshi for spelling Sheik correctly. Thanks you, h1roshi, thank you.

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
I remain faithful to my characters and changes in their moveset matters not to me. Heck they could give her a new moveset and I will still use her!

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
my friend was a good shiek. i think hes still goign to play as her... almsot said him O.o cyber suicide

schep

Smash Cadet
Sheik will be top tier again. (if there will turn out to be anything relatively similar to tiers in Brawl, it could be much more balanced we still don't know yet) And yes I will still main her. I've had Brawl since the midnight release and have already been able to adapt the way to use this "new Sheik."

-Y-peace-Y-

Jok3r

Smash Apprentice
I think i will probably secondary sheik now in brawl, and focus on main another character.

zeionut

Smash Apprentice
im definitly not goin to use sheik cuzz wen i got brawl and tryed using sheik it screwed up my melee sheik, so im not goin to use sheik in brawl at all

Roscoewolf

Smash Cadet
New sheik kinda discourages me from maining her again, I play and constantly think , in melee, that guy woulda been dead, but whatever im working on her new tweaks, I want to main her but kinda have a hard time making that choic since i often do better with other characters im interested in.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
I get too depressed using Sheik in Brawl. To me, she no longer feels like a ninja, but like a clunky fighter dressed as a ninja. And personally, I hate that her best kill move is her up smash, which is so easily punished that its almost cruel. No, I don't think I'll main Sheik again unfortunately.

Cheerio

Smash Cadet
the melee sheik and the brawl sheik felt so different initially. I don't main sheik anymore but shes still in my alternates :D

Talek

Smash Cadet
I switched to Fox/Wolf after i played a round with her. I hate what they did to her, she just doesn't feel like sheik anymore =(

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
What I always liked about Sheik was that she had fast-executing attacks with the speed and knockback to follow them up. She still has the speed, and while the knockback has been toned down (as well they should have), it's still enough (actually, it's better) for her crazy pressure juggle combos. She can't kill at low percentages anymore, but then again, she builds up teh pain pretty quick anyway.

I actually think I like Sheik better now, partially for the added combo-age and partially for the fact that's she no longer cheap as hell. Her only real problem now is that in FFAs, people can steal her kills pretty easily, but her, that's what Zelda is for.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I've always mained my favorite character. In 64, that was Pikachu, in melee, shiek, and now in Brawl, thats META KNIGHT :)

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I know I said that I wasn't going to main Sheik this time around, but I was wrong. At first, she didn't feel like the kickass ninja she's supposed to be, but after playing with her a little more, she's starting to feel right. And now that I can combo/kill with her up-b.....PRICELESS. The looks on faces when I pull that off is just beautiful. SHEIK IS BACK BABY!!

Circu

Smash Rookie
I would love to be able to main sheik in brawl... Her and Fox were my mains in melee. I'm a huge fan of fast characters and they fit best with my aggressive playstyle. While she is definitly capable of dishing out large amounts of damage, I feel as though I have to work extremely hard to get a KO with her. I'll definitely keep her as one of my back-ups for certain situations, but I'm probably not going to main her... :(

Moon/Sun

Smash Apprentice
Having bought the game I can honestly say Sheik is awesome! I'm sad though because the chain doesnt have as much priority as in Melee and tougher to edgeguard and attack with. Still useful and now you can actually hang on to the edge with it. Her vanish has more radius and is stronger in my opinion. And now she has actual female features (boobs, hair, hips, etc.). One of my friends is in disbelief from that :laugh:

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, I love Brawl Sheik.

Other times, He's just so frustrating to play.

Honestly, I think it's based on how aerial my opponent is playing. Sheik seems to pwn ground-based characters, but I was definitely having trouble earlier with the primarily aerial-based Captain Falcon.

snapcracklepop*

Smash Rookie
at first i moved a way from sheik, and played with people like lucas, toon link, pokemon trainer, sonic, etc. just to find who i liked and who i was good with, then i narrowed it down to who i thought i was REALLY good with for when i played my friends, i came out with my mains as lucas, sheik, and zzs, (my friends want me to have a fourth character, so thats between ganondorf and sonic)

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Sheik anymore. Sheik used to be my main, it is sad to realize she is not anymore. And I was in love with Sheik, haha. I have had my game for a month now and only have used her once in Brawl.

Dunno how it happened...but my favorite/best characters are D3 and Wario.

I wonder if DSF still mains Sheik...haven't heard about him since Brawl came out. Must be a good thing though. The creators changed the physics engine and game play well enough that Brawl is literally a new game. Everyone starts from scratch.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
At first I was mad because of her being nerfed, I couldn't get used to the new way of gameplay. After trying everyone else out there is no doubt in my mind, I love Sheik, I love how fluid her movements are and it just feels so natural to play her. I decided to keep winning with Sheik I would just have to raise my level of play and now I am a better Smasher than I was before.

Top Bottom