• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Greetings, everyone!

I've been a fan of the Smash series since the 64 days. I haven't played nearly as much Smash as I should, but I hope to change this when the newest iteration comes out. I suppose my Main would be Luigi, though I also enjoy using Ganondorf, Mewtwo (in Melee), and Lucario and Olimar (in Brawl).

After some lurking, I've decided to join the fray. This seems to be the place to discuss all things Smash, so I look forward to getting involved with this expansive community. :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello and welcome to SWF JBW.

Greetings, everyone!

I've been a fan of the Smash series since the 64 days. I haven't played nearly as much Smash as I should, but I hope to change this when the newest iteration comes out. I suppose my Main would be Luigi, though I also enjoy using Ganondorf, Mewtwo (in Melee), and Lucario and Olimar (in Brawl).

After some lurking, I've decided to join the fray. This seems to be the place to discuss all things Smash, so I look forward to getting involved with this expansive community. :)
Hello and welcome to SWF Sehnsucht.

I'm glad to read that you're looking forward to getting involved. Nice Pinhead avi by the way. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask for help.

Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Hello and welcome to SWF Sehnsucht.

I'm glad to read that you're looking forward to getting involved. Nice Pinhead avi by the way. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask for help.

Enjoy your stay.
One can never go wrong with Pinhead. I'm a fan of Barker's work; suffice it to say that I am very much looking forward to the Scarlet Gospels. ;)

Thanks for the welcome, Old Man Grey!

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hello, my name is Jackson! I recently made an account here, and i'm excited to talk to everybody and raise my skills. I've only ever really been a brawl player, and I main Marth. I can play at a semi-competitive level, but I want to get better. Anyway, it's great to be here guys :)

B Rod

Smash Rookie
What's up smashboards. I'm B Rod - been playing smash since 64 but recently got back into it when I found out about project.m
I main with Olimar and my alt is Bowser. Looking to start playing competitively. I feel like I have the basics almost mastered but will be looking for a mentor to learn oli or bowsers more advanced techniques. Hope to challenge some of you on project m soon! Have a good one.

Toad160

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!

I was on the forums back in the NSider days and then moved to NintendoLand, which both have been shut down for quite sometime now. I am currently going to college trying to become a high school math teacher, so basically I'm just doing a lot of math all day. I am taking a Japanese course but it's not required for my major, so it's like the lowest on my priority list even though it takes a lot of dedication to learn it, but I am still trying (if anyone wants to tutor me, I am open for it ;)). I had a SNES as a kid and then graduated to the N64. The first game I can visualize playing, though, was either DKC or Harvest Moon. A funny thing is I was never good enough to unlock everyone in SSB64 until Melee came out. It wasn't until then that I honed my skills with Jigglypuff, and then when I got to Brawl she sucked so bad I wanted to give up on life.

That's about me, so I hope to get to know some of you and have some interesting discussions!

Wonnie

Smash Rookie
Hello Wonnie and welcome to SWF!

Glad to read you took an interest in Melee and stayed long enough to meet Ether. Writing/recording music? Anything in particular? Also, if you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!
Thank you for the warm welcome! Those SoVA guys are amazing. They're unbelievably helpful and just overall swell dudes.

I am not 100% sure how to put it into one label, but it can be most accurately described as "experimental rock". Nothing too far out there, just the theoretical concepts being explored (like polymetric compounds of 9/8 and 7/8 leads on top of a 4/4 groove). Currently I'm recording covers right now to get some mixing experience down, and when I'm feeling confident about the product I'm releasing, it will lead to an album I've been having on the back burners for a year.

But thank you so much! I'm hoping to meet Devil Ray since he lives relatively close to me. Just need to pick up a controller. c:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
I don't really have much to say. Been looking for a Super Smash community, glad I found an active one that doesn't have an annoying community.

I'll post more about myself later, but I think I'll be a very interesting user to have here.

cola

Smash Rookie
Sup guys. I've been hearing good things about Project M, and I've been looking to find a place where I could find tourney listings. Looks like I've found the place.

Miss Fit

Smash Rookie
Hi!

I've been lurking here for quite a while and I decided to join finally. I've heard plenty of good things about Project M and I'm gonna try that out eventually! Super Hyped for Smash 4 too!

Metal Gear Salad

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys,

24 year old teacher and wannabe melee player.

I've been a huge spectating fan for some time but am entering my first tournament at the end of the month at Edentine's in Birmingham, UK.

Not just looking for smash discussion, however, as I'm a big fan of weight training, Xbox one and pc gaming, among other things.

Glad to be part of the community.

doctorMcbob

Smash Rookie
Yo.

I am learning Melee, and don't have very many people I play with. Here's a start.
I main Marth. I'm decent with Jiggly too, and I play Doctor Mario casually.

I hope to get good. I've been looking to try out ProjectM as well.

shadowx82

Smash Rookie
What's up ladies and gents. I'm shadowx82 but often go by Cooper as well!

I've played melee, then smash 64 and finally brawl in that order. I mostly stick with brawl though.
Rather than a main, i have my own squad of characters i rotate between.
Honestly i don't think i'm cut out for melee anymore and projectM is overwhelming for me, so brawl is my main game. I hope to fight the good fight with the lot of ya!

Prim3MavericK

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm Prim3MavericK

I'm new to SmashBoards and I'm glad I found this place! I started on Melee in 2005 in grade 5 and got Brawl when I could. I'm also playing Project M and I'm so stoked on how Melee-esque it is. Happy to meet you all

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Hey everyone. My name is Alessandro. My tag is ITALIAN N1NJA. I'm new to smashboards but I've been playing smash bros for a long time. I've grown in skill and I enjoy playing all the games. My favorite version is Project M(an amazing professional mod of Brawl). I'm a Link main but I enjoy playing as Captain Falcon, Marth, Ness, Roy, and Sonic as my secondaries. I'm from Chicago, IL and I'm always looking for a new challenger to face. It's nice to see such a flourishing community for this awesome game series.

Last edited:

NoScrubUK

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone.

My name is John but my tag is NoScrub (give or take the UK at the end).
I'm a long time lurker, had the account for a while though.
I started playing Smash when it was first released but never realized how vast and exciting the technical side of it was. Even though I've played PC games on a professional level I am always thrilled to see any of the Smash games streaming.
I generally play Melee but I am currently practicing Project M as well as I want to start a scene for it where I live in England.
I main Luigi but my Fox, Falco and MrG&W are all pretty solid.
On PM I play solely Pit because of my love for Kid Icarus :)

Thanks for all the work you all put in.

JNewton

Smash Rookie
Hello!

My name is Jorge Newton, but I like being called JNewton or just Newton. I'm a brazilian, non-professional Brawl/PM player. Actually, I don't have any local tournament to go, but I regularly play online. I also want to host a tourney on the future.

On Smash 64, I mainly played with Kirby. I played it only on the Wii, and never owned/played on a N64.
I had little experience with Melee. Played a couple of times on a friend's GC, but didn't got a lot of experience.
Brawl is my main game. I main Marth, and I also like playing with Ike. In-game, I'm currently trying to obtain all trophies/stickers/songs. There is less than 100 trophies and stickers to obtain and something like 10 songs. After that, I will aim to enhance my Marth and Ike.
I don't play PM very much, but I play with Marth, too.

I only created my account today, but I read some posts here some time ago.

Well, that's all.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Well, uh, hello?

My name is David. I've been playing Smash ever since I got my Gamecube in around 2003. I got into competitive around December and I've been pushing myself to become considered good. One of the main reasons I've been trying to get into competitive just now is because I saw the documentary and I was a bit inspired to try to get good enough to hold my own against the players I look up too. So far I'm doing somewhat well, I've gotten the hang of wave dashing, dash dancing, and L canceling. I'm usually on the Melee Netplay chat, and if I'm not there, I'm playing real Melee by myself, trying to get better. I went to my first tournament last month (it was S@X Monthly), and I lost all of my matches, but I did get to see where I am on the spectrum, so that's good. What's also good was that I got to see just how amazing this community is. Everyone there was really nice, and I had a lot of fun. Anyways, I should tell a bit about myself. I'm really anti social, mainly because I'm not good at talking to people. I also have trouble controlling my temper at times, and I've been as labeled as autistic in the past because of it, but please don't treat me differently because of it.The only game I play is Melee (I've tried P:M, but I just don't like it as much, despite how cool it is.).

I hope to have a good time here, so here's to the future!

ab_shells

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm ab_shells . I used to play Melee all the time with my friends a couple years ago and played pretty competitively. None of my friends who I played with live here any more, and I'm looking for people to play with here in the Richmond, VA area. If you live around here or know people you could put me in touch with then let me know!! Thanks!

0-bit

Smash Rookie
Hi there. I mainly play Melee and Project M. (you pronounce the name as "Zerobit" if you couldn't tell. There are many people who call me "oh-bit" :c)

I look forward to improving with you all!

Shepiroth

Smash Rookie
My name is Gage Shepard i go by Shep
I try to go to smash weekly in Olympia at Daft@'s when I can
Also trying to get a wii and smash so i can play PM at home
And not just with friends

FatMarshall

Smash Rookie
Hi there, I'm FatMarshall. I'll skip the obvious part where I say that I play ssb. I live in Murfreesboro, TN, and I'm itching to get some tourney play, but I have no clue where to start. Of course I play with my friends, but I'm looking for a challenge! I play melee and m 3.0, and main ganondorf. I have two other friends who are interested in tourney play, so I really need to find places to play in Tennessee. So yeah, that's me.

GodFingers

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alpha_King
Hey guys! Godfingers here! I play all brawls and even play n64 smash online with project 64 kve! I'm excited to meet you all and also excited to fight people and learn better ways to play through experience! Let's have fun and brawl yall!

Jolt135

Smash Rookie
Hi!
I'm in the DFW TX area, a newbie playing melee atm and just getting into Project M. Looking forward to being active from now on in tournaments and on smashboards, nice to meet everybody!

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Hello everyone!

My name is ShaDow4408 but you can just call me Shad. I've just gotten back into smash recently like about a month ago starting with melee and thanks to that i found project M and I was looking for a forum that would link me to other people that play project M and thanks to this I've finally found one. I usually main Roy and my secondary is Falco and Falcon so if your in need of someone to play brawl or project M just contact me.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome everyone to SWF!

I apologize for not giving you each individual welcomings but I've been busy. If you happen to have any questions, feel free to ask me for help.

I hope you all enjoy your stay here on SWF!

Thank you for the warm welcome! Those SoVA guys are amazing. They're unbelievably helpful and just overall swell dudes.

I am not 100% sure how to put it into one label, but it can be most accurately described as "experimental rock". Nothing too far out there, just the theoretical concepts being explored (like polymetric compounds of 9/8 and 7/8 leads on top of a 4/4 groove). Currently I'm recording covers right now to get some mixing experience down, and when I'm feeling confident about the product I'm releasing, it will lead to an album I've been having on the back burners for a year.

But thank you so much! I'm hoping to meet Devil Ray since he lives relatively close to me. Just need to pick up a controller. c:
Try eBay. It's a good alternative to getting a controller pretty cheap.

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
Hi. I've been playing Smash Bros. since it's initial US release date. I used to frequent the Smash Board of N-sider way back in the day, but haven't really joined any communities relating to Nintendo since. While a fan of the series in general, I much prefer the 64 version to Melee and Brawl. My main issue with the former is that Kirby scrapes the bottom of the barrel, and the latter being I'm incredibly average at it.

Johtoh

Smash Rookie
Hey there,
Just recently been getting balls deep into Smash, after watching APEX2014 and a few other streamed tournaments. I'm learning all three games at the moment, seeing which I really like the most. I hope and plan to get very good at the game, unfortunately i live in North Dakota and don't think there is really a scene for smash here. I will keep looking and practicing though.

ZaFormicFish

Smash Rookie
Hello,

The serious, more competitive side of smash is relatively new to me although I have been a smash fan for life. I have great memories of playing Smash 64 when I was just a little kid and it has remained my favorite series ever since then. It was quite a shock when, considering myself good at the time, first saw competitive smash. My belief that I was great was shattered and I knew I had a lot of work to do. I don't really have much of a chance to practice with other, similarly skilled players as there is no smash scene where I live. Hopefully, however, when I go to college next year I can find some players and truly get some practice. To sum it all up, Smash Bros. has been my lifelong favorite series and with this new smash community I'm hoping for a brand new refreshing take on the game.

The Image

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Smash ever since 64 was released when I was roughly 8 or 9 years old, always been a big fan of the series. I play all forms of Smash, even though I've been playing for 15 years or so I still don't consider myself to be that great of a player, but after watching The Smash Brothers documentary I built up enough hype to try to get into a competitive scene. I recently showed the documentary to a friend of mine, who is arguably the better smash player between us, after him mocking me for wasting my time watching the documentary, and now he's ready to take the plunge with me (He's around here on this board somewhere).

I'm definitely no where near ready for any type of serious competitive play, but that doesn't bother me one bit, as I just want to play the game with like minded peers and have fun, and maybe gain a few skills on the way. I don't plan to be the best, or anywhere near it, but I would love to learn some of the advanced techniques and try them out at tournaments and whatnot.

I'm currently playing a lot of Smash64, and just recently told my friend about Project M, who also had the resources available to acquire it (My brawl disc was stolen long ago and I just haven't had it in me to buy another copy). I hope to pick up a copy of Melee here soon and a nice Cube controller (Melee and controllers were also stolen, poor me) and get to training! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at upcoming tournaments, but I don't see myself going too far away for the time being (I live in Indiana, totally willing to go to IL, OH, MI).

So that's enough about me for now. See you all in the game!

Prim3MavericK

Smash Cadet
I've been playing Smash ever since 64 was released when I was roughly 8 or 9 years old, always been a big fan of the series. I play all forms of Smash, even though I've been playing for 15 years or so I still don't consider myself to be that great of a player, but after watching The Smash Brothers documentary I built up enough hype to try to get into a competitive scene. I recently showed the documentary to a friend of mine, who is arguably the better smash player between us, after him mocking me for wasting my time watching the documentary, and now he's ready to take the plunge with me (He's around here on this board somewhere).

I'm definitely no where near ready for any type of serious competitive play, but that doesn't bother me one bit, as I just want to play the game with like minded peers and have fun, and maybe gain a few skills on the way. I don't plan to be the best, or anywhere near it, but I would love to learn some of the advanced techniques and try them out at tournaments and whatnot.

I'm currently playing a lot of Smash64, and just recently told my friend about Project M, who also had the resources available to acquire it (My brawl disc was stolen long ago and I just haven't had it in me to buy another copy). I hope to pick up a copy of Melee here soon and a nice Cube controller (Melee and controllers were also stolen, poor me) and get to training! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at upcoming tournaments, but I don't see myself going too far away for the time being (I live in Indiana, totally willing to go to IL, OH, MI).

Yeah, I totally feel you man. I was playing Smash for a long time as well but after watching the Smash Doc I wanted to get better and play again so I joined the SmashBoards not too long after watching the Doc

ZootSuit

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, my name is Justin and I've been playing smash casually for a while. I've been trying to become more competitive for about a year now, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered the local scene in Boulder, CO, and I haven't had very many people to play with until then. Needless to say, I'm excited to finally have people to play and improve with.

I played marth for a while back in melee, then when brawl came out I switched to wolf and finnally settled on ZSS as my main. I'm not going to lie, the Apex 2013 GF of Salem vs. M2K had alot to do with the switch. The local scene conviced me to make the switch to PM, and I've been spending the last two weeks trying to get the hang of things. While I still like how zero suit feels in PM, my tech skill just isn't up to snuff and I am having troubles being consistant with her. I've been debating switching to either vanilla Samus or Roy, but I am still undecided if I want really want to drop Zamus. It could just be that I need more practice.

Also, shoutouts to the local scene here in Boulder. I look forward to getting to know you better and improving my skills at the game.

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
Hello! My name's Cory but people tend to call me CoryCory. The minute I seen the commercial for Super Smash Bros. on the N64 I was interested and presumably hooked. And probably one of few to be like "The kid from Earthbound is in this game!? I gotta unlock him!" rather than "Who is Ness? What game is he from?". I've loved the series since day one for it's sheer uniqueness at the time, the addicting gameplay for all walks of the gaming world and the willingness to put in the strangest Nintendo characters imaginable... The more I read into the new game the more I anticipate it. I couldn't resist joining the forum.

My typical main characters of choice? As of Brawl it was the following: Mr. Game&Watch, Ness, Lucas, Link and Ike.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Hello, my real name is Eric, and I grew up playing Smash Bros (and basically anything Nintendo related that was fun and somewhat of a challenge), as you can see (by looking at my avatar, I'm a huge Violet Parr fan (although I wished she was playable in Smash and I know that's never gonna happen, but hey a guy can dream), and I've been playing Smash Bros casually (sometimes I get competitive).

My mains, are as of Brawl (at least till SSB4 gets released): SSB64: Pikachu (he was by far the best and cutest fighter in the game), Melee: Mewtwo-primary main (he's fun but a challenge to use)/Ganondorf-secondary main (I tend to use him more than Mewtwo mostly in tougher matches that may require his usage)/Captain Falcon-3rd main (usually go for him, if I want more speed over less power, plus he combos better than Mewtwo and Ganondorf), Brawl: Lucario-primary main and is likely to be that again in SSB4 (probably my best character ever, since he's soo easy to set up combos with and I can take down people without even using the high risk-reward bonus (if that actually does happen to me in a match I use that as a hefty bonus)/Sonic/Pikachu-secondary mains (Sonic I can use since he's easy to set up combos with, but hard to land kills with, and Pikachu is tied with him for secondary main, since they buffed him back almost to what he was in SSB64).

Last edited:

PikachuPrincess

Smash Rookie
Heya! I'm Laura and I've been playing SSB for nearly 12 years (I got Melee when I was 8 and it quickly became my one of favorite video games). I have yet to really nudge my way into the competitive scene, but from what I've heard this is the place to be for those who want to get started so here I am! I'm a Pikachu purist and my goal is to know Pikuchu inside and out and know every other character's strengths and weaknesses through the lens of Pikachu. Hopefully I can start to become a serious competitor and represent for female smashers like myself. Nice to meet you! :)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey there,
Just recently been getting balls deep into Smash, after watching APEX2014 and a few other streamed tournaments. I'm learning all three games at the moment, seeing which I really like the most. I hope and plan to get very good at the game, unfortunately i live in North Dakota and don't think there is really a scene for smash here. I will keep looking and practicing though.
Welcome to SWF!! We have a great community hear and players dedicated to each game including Smash 4. Feel free to browse through them!

Hello,

The serious, more competitive side of smash is relatively new to me although I have been a smash fan for life. I have great memories of playing Smash 64 when I was just a little kid and it has remained my favorite series ever since then. It was quite a shock when, considering myself good at the time, first saw competitive smash. My belief that I was great was shattered and I knew I had a lot of work to do. I don't really have much of a chance to practice with other, similarly skilled players as there is no smash scene where I live. Hopefully, however, when I go to college next year I can find some players and truly get some practice. To sum it all up, Smash Bros. has been my lifelong favorite series and with this new smash community I'm hoping for a brand new refreshing take on the game.
Welcome to SWF! There are a lot of great competitive players here so I suggest looking through the various competitive community forums!

Welcome to SMF! Your from my neck of the woods (OH)! There is an active Smash64 community here so I suggest looking in those forums! That games holds many nostalgic memories for a lot of us!

Hi. I've been playing Smash Bros. since it's initial US release date. I used to frequent the Smash Board of N-sider way back in the day, but haven't really joined any communities relating to Nintendo since. While a fan of the series in general, I much prefer the 64 version to Melee and Brawl. My main issue with the former is that Kirby scrapes the bottom of the barrel, and the latter being I'm incredibly average at it.
Welcome to SWF! There have been a lot of Smash64 players joining recently (which is a good thing!). The Smash64 community here is a great way to improve your game as well as players who specialize in Kirby.

Yeah, I totally feel you man. I was playing Smash for a long time as well but after watching the Smash Doc I wanted to get better and play again so I joined the SmashBoards not too long after watching the Doc
Welcome to SWF!

Hello everyone, my name is Justin and I've been playing smash casually for a while. I've been trying to become more competitive for about a year now, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered the local scene in Boulder, CO, and I haven't had very many people to play with until then. Needless to say, I'm excited to finally have people to play and improve with.

I played marth for a while back in melee, then when brawl came out I switched to wolf and finnally settled on ZSS as my main. I'm not going to lie, the Apex 2013 GF of Salem vs. M2K had alot to do with the switch. The local scene conviced me to make the switch to PM, and I've been spending the last two weeks trying to get the hang of things. While I still like how zero suit feels in PM, my tech skill just isn't up to snuff and I am having troubles being consistant with her. I've been debating switching to either vanilla Samus or Roy, but I am still undecided if I want really want to drop Zamus. It could just be that I need more practice.

Also, shoutouts to the local scene here in Boulder. I look forward to getting to know you better and improving my skills at the game.
Welcome to SWF! Feel free to browse through the P:M forums! They are extremely active and a happening place! We also have a good tournament/competitive community for each game!

Hello! My name's Cory but people tend to call me CoryCory. The minute I seen the commercial for Super Smash Bros. on the N64 I was interested and presumably hooked. And probably one of few to be like "The kid from Earthbound is in this game!? I gotta unlock him!" rather than "Who is Ness? What game is he from?". I've loved the series since day one for it's sheer uniqueness at the time, the addicting gameplay for all walks of the gaming world and the willingness to put in the strangest Nintendo characters imaginable... The more I read into the new game the more I anticipate it. I couldn't resist joining the forum.

My typical main characters of choice? As of Brawl it was the following: Mr. Game&Watch, Ness, Lucas, Link and Ike.
Welcome to SWF! I suggest browsing through the MG&W, Ness, Lucas, Link, and Ike forums to help in your game. While some are not as active as others, they each have great players dedicated to that character.

Hello, my real name is Eric, and I grew up playing Smash Bros (and basically anything Nintendo related that was fun and somewhat of a challenge), as you can see (by looking at my avatar, I'm a huge Violet Parr fan (although I wished she was playable in Smash and I know that's never gonna happen, but hey a guy can dream), and I've been playing Smash Bros casually (sometimes I get competitive).

My mains, are as of Brawl (at least till SSB4 gets released): SSB64: Pikachu (he was by far the best and cutest fighter in the game), Melee: Mewtwo-primary main (he's fun but a challenge to use)/Ganondorf-secondary main (I tend to use him more than Mewtwo mostly in tougher matches that may require his usage)/Captain Falcon-3rd main (usually go for him, if I want more speed over less power, plus he combos better than Mewtwo and Ganondorf), Brawl: Lucario-primary main and is likely to be that again in SSB4 (probably my best character ever, since he's soo easy to set up combos with and I can take down people without even using the high risk-reward bonus (if that actually does happen to me in a match I use that as a hefty bonus)/Sonic/Pikachu-secondary mains (Sonic I can use since he's easy to set up combos with, but hard to land kills with, and Pikachu is tied with him for secondary main, since they buffed him back almost to what he was in SSB64).
Welcome to SWF! It's great to see people who like to use a variety of characters (even low tiers). Feel free to look through the SSB64, SSBM, SSBB, and SSB4 forums!

Heya! I'm Laura and I've been playing SSB for nearly 12 years (I got Melee when I was 8 and it quickly became my one of favorite video games). I have yet to really nudge my way into the competitive scene, but from what I've heard this is the place to be for those who want to get started so here I am! I'm a Pikachu purist and my goal is to know Pikuchu inside and out and know every other character's strengths and weaknesses through the lens of Pikachu. Hopefully I can start to become a serious competitor and represent for female smashers like myself. Nice to meet you! :)
Welcome to SWF! It's always good to see Pikachu mains; especially those dedicated to that character. I encourage you to go through the Pikachu forums! There are a lot of great players there!

It's great to see some many news faces here! SWF might seem daunting at first but it's a great community full if people dedicated to both Smash and Nintendo. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions; feel free to send myself or any staff member a Private Message :)

SmashTheCstik

Smash Rookie
Whats up SmashBoards?! They call me Cstik from CT. Way back when, my friends dubbed me that because they said I used the c-stick too much and it was cheap (but a W is a W) and the name just kinda stuck. I started playing melee competitively (marth/g&w) about a year before brawl came out, so it was only a short run. Like so many others, I was devastated by how "different" Brawl was, and I just stopped playing smash all together. I heard about PM (it was at 2.2) and started playing with the old crew again just as a keep in touch sort of thing. But after awhile something sparked in all of us. After a few weeks of our gatherings the intensity was back like never before. We ended up eventually watching the documentary, and it inspired us to not leave the community and strive to become better. Apex2014 got me even more hyped to step up my game and now here I am. Finally a part of the community.

Last edited:

CoCoos

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm CoCoos, I started playing smash with Brawl, even though I had my gamecube I didn't buy Melee at the time because my friends didn't play it and same happened with Brawl, I watched the documentary, and a LOT of matches after it because these videos made me want to play another competitive game, and Melee was so deep that I couldn't resist it, even though I got Melee about two years ago, I usually play Brawl where I main Marth, not a very good one because of the lack of practice against a thinking oponemt, but hey, if you want someone to practice with, I'm here to play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom