• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyowoodchuckguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-1538-9247
Hey, I'm yoyowoodchuckguy. I've been playing smash since I was about 7, the first game I tried was melee. I've played it off and on for a while now, however it wasn't until someone posted a thread about melee on a yoyo forum (yoyo is my main hobby) that ideally got into it. They posted the "Smash Brothers" video, and that got me hooked. I thought it was awesome how the game had evolved from what I had known before. Right now I'm working on advanced techniques and hope to one day compete in tournaments. I currently use Martha, Mewtwo, and Luigi as my mains, but that's constantly changing. I hope that I'll be able to contribute something good to these boards.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hi I'm skaaaa. I was here during this time for Brawl... but I forgot my UN so I had to make a new account.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Whats up SmashBoards?! They call me Cstik from CT. Way back when, my friends dubbed me that because they said I used the c-stick too much and it was cheap (but a W is a W) and the name just kinda stuck. I started playing melee competitively (marth/g&w) about a year before brawl came out, so it was only a short run. Like so many others, I was devastated by how "different" Brawl was, and I just stopped playing smash all together. I heard about PM (it was at 2.2) and started playing with the old crew again just as a keep in touch sort of thing. But after awhile something sparked in all of us. After a few weeks of our gatherings the intensity was back like never before. We ended up eventually watching the documentary, and it inspired us to not leave the community and strive to become better. Apex2014 got me even more hyped to step up my game and now here I am. Finally a part of the community.
Welcome to SWF! I am glad you were able to get back into Smash! It is a great franchise with a solid community! Enjoy!

Well, I'm CoCoos, I started playing smash with Brawl, even though I had my gamecube I didn't buy Melee at the time because my friends didn't play it and same happened with Brawl, I watched the documentary, and a LOT of matches after it because these videos made me want to play another competitive game, and Melee was so deep that I couldn't resist it, even though I got Melee about two years ago, I usually play Brawl where I main Marth, not a very good one because of the lack of practice against a thinking oponemt, but hey, if you want someone to practice with, I'm here to play :)
Welcome to SWF! Sadly, a lot of my friends don't play Smash Bros. so I understand the feeling. We have a good competitive community here with some of the worlds best players posting here so go ahead and check out the tournament forums1

Hey, I'm yoyowoodchuckguy. I've been playing smash since I was about 7, the first game I tried was melee. I've played it off and on for a while now, however it wasn't until someone posted a thread about melee on a yoyo forum (yoyo is my main hobby) that ideally got into it. They posted the "Smash Brothers" video, and that got me hooked. I thought it was awesome how the game had evolved from what I had known before. Right now I'm working on advanced techniques and hope to one day compete in tournaments. I currently use Martha, Mewtwo, and Luigi as my mains, but that's constantly changing. I hope that I'll be able to contribute something good to these boards.
Welcome to SWF! Go ahead and check out the Melee boards! They are full of great and talented players! As well, feel free to check out the Marth, Mewtwo, and Luigi character sub forums. They are always full of useful information regarding your favorite characters.

Hey there, new to smashboards and the smash community, looking to get involved and play local tournies.
Welcome to SWF! We have a forum called Regional Zones that will help you find tournaments within your local area or close by!

Hi I'm skaaaa. I was here during this time for Brawl... but I forgot my UN so I had to make a new account.
Welcome to SWF! We are glad to have you back! I was around for Brawl to which was a pretty crazy time.

Been playing since '08
Welcome to SWF! It is always great to get a new generation of smashers; regardless if its the 64, Melee, or Brawl generation! Enjoy the forums!

Frostedbacon

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm Frostedbacon! (Stupid username I know but it's what I go by on the internet lol)

Been a Nintendo nerd for a long time and ,well, I love Smash Bros.! I hope I can make some good friends on here, have a good time, and play some Smash!

I have Brawl by the way (duh) so if you want to play with me, then hit me up sometime!

Swordfish

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm Swordfish

I played Smash a lot from 2007 to 2010 but only ever against my friends. I read up a lot of the advanced techniques and combos to try and be the best of my group but never know about the awesome competitive scene or the community. Eventually I put down Smash for Starcraft as my competitive game because the only smashers I could play with in college were WAY too good for me, and ranked online multiplayer is very attractive.

I watched The Smash Brothers a few weeks ago, and this past weekend I played Melee with some friends for the first time in years. I'm hooked again. Bought myself a brand spanking new controller to replace my beat-to-**** Wavebird and I'm really excited to get back into it!

I main Falco. If you've got any advice (besides reading the threads which I've been doing) feel free to send it my way! Also I live in Astoria NY so if anyone wants to get together and play or know of any cool NYC events let me know!

BeeSeaEss

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm BeeSeaEss, all my friends call me BeeS.
I have been playing the Smash series since I was 8 years of age, I started when my friend showed me Melee. I've been playing it off and on but starting last December I got back into with one of my friends and we play Brawl a lot. I have also started to watch the competitive play like Apex and KTAR, my favorite smasher has to be Mango after I saw that 4-stock on Leffen, melee Apex 2014. I never got into melee at an advanced level, but now I got project M a couple days ago and am trying to learn advanced techniques. I hope to feel welcome here and find some online matches for fun!
In Project M I main Link, Fox, Mario, Ike, Mewtwo and Lucario.

Last edited:

MasterF0x

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, MasterF0x here, aka Ronald.

- - - --About Me-- - - -

I've started playing Super Smash Bros. around 2 years after Melee came out, and from then, I've been addicted to the game. When seeing the E3 trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I was filled with excitement and couldn't wait. When I first played it, I wasn't really into it like Melee, but I still thought it was pretty cool and fun.

I'm a Wii U third-party developer also and for my first project I'm creating an eShop game called "Ron's Adventure" If you want to see development progress, check out my site: http://ronaldcoltd.ucoz.com/

- - - --Smashin'-- - - -

If you want to add me for Brawl, here's my FC: 0090 3405 0772
I also do Project Melee.

Nintendo Network ID: RonaldCoLtd
PSN: SupahNintendo2
Wii: I don't really have one because I have a Wii U, lol.

Well, that about sums up. C'ya!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everyone, I'm Swordfish

I played Smash a lot from 2007 to 2010 but only ever against my friends. I read up a lot of the advanced techniques and combos to try and be the best of my group but never know about the awesome competitive scene or the community. Eventually I put down Smash for Starcraft as my competitive game because the only smashers I could play with in college were WAY too good for me, and ranked online multiplayer is very attractive.

I watched The Smash Brothers a few weeks ago, and this past weekend I played Melee with some friends for the first time in years. I'm hooked again. Bought myself a brand spanking new controller to replace my beat-to-**** Wavebird and I'm really excited to get back into it!

I main Falco. If you've got any advice (besides reading the threads which I've been doing) feel free to send it my way! Also I live in Astoria NY so if anyone wants to get together and play or know of any cool NYC events let me know!
Hello and welcome to SWF Swordfish!

Be sure to check out the Regional Zone section and check out I believe the Atlantic North. You'll find an NY thread there and you may find people nearby.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or venus for help.

Enjoy your stay here!

Hey guys, I'm BeeSeaEss, all my friends call me BeeS.
I have been playing the Smash series since I was 8 years of age, I started when my friend showed me Melee. I've been playing it off and on but starting last December I got back into with one of my friends and we play Brawl a lot. I have also started to watch the competitive play like Apex and KTAR, my favorite smasher has to be Mango after I saw that 4-stock on Leffen, melee Apex 2014. I never got into melee at an advanced level, but now I got project M a couple days ago and am trying to learn advanced techniques. I hope to feel welcome here and find some online matches for fun!
In Project M I main Link, Fox, Mario, Ike, Mewtwo and Lucario.
Hello BSE and welcome to SWF!

If you're committed to Melee, you just have to practice it. I didn't get wavedashing down till two weeks. If you're having problems doing AT in PM, go to options and add the buffer which will help you.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me or Venus for help.

Hey guys, MasterF0x here, aka Ronald.

- - - --About Me-- - - -

I've started playing Super Smash Bros. around 2 years after Melee came out, and from then, I've been addicted to the game. When seeing the E3 trailer for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I was filled with excitement and couldn't wait. When I first played it, I wasn't really into it like Melee, but I still thought it was pretty cool and fun.

I'm a Wii U third-party developer also and for my first project I'm creating an eShop game called "Ron's Adventure" If you want to see development progress, check out my site: http://ronaldcoltd.ucoz.com/

- - - --Smashin'-- - - -

If you want to add me for Brawl, here's my FC: 0090 3405 0772
I also do Project Melee.

Nintendo Network ID: RonaldCoLtd
PSN: SupahNintendo2
Wii: I don't really have one because I have a Wii U, lol.

Well, that about sums up. C'ya!
Welcome MasterF0x and welcome to SWF!

Glad to read you're making your own game. Hopefully it does well.

In any case, if you have any questions, feel free to ask for help.

I hope you enjoy your stay.

Logz

Smash Cadet
What's up Smashers. I go by the name Logz, and I am relatively new to the metagame of Smash. I mainly play Melee and Project M, both of which I would like to play competitively for in the future. As you can tell from my avatar, I am a doc main haha. After watching some Shroomed matches in the past, I came to the realization that Doc was the character I wanted to main the most (and he's very fun to use if I may add.) I'm also attempting to co-main Falco for Doc's major match up problems. There's not much else to say about myself here I suppose. I'm just glad my buddy got me into smash recently. I just entered my first local tournament last weekend and it was the most fun I've had in forever. I hope I get to know a lot of you guys out there, and I will try my best to stay as active as I can! Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Cheers

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, as you can see I've had this account since Brawl times, but I was quite a young lad back then. Nevertheless, I've returned and I'm ready for the next Smash! I've been playing Smash Bros. since I was in the single digits and I've loved it since the original. I've never really ventured into the competitive realm of SSB. I play it purely for fun both solo and with friends.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hello there I do by DustyPumpkin in a lot of place but you can call me Dusty, I've occasional lurked in the shadows here, but I'm dying to chat about Smash and Miiverse is....Miiverse...
I've played Smash Bros since Melee, I've not ventured into Competitive playing myself but I wouldn't mind at some point.
It's nice to meet you! 8)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
What's up Smashers. I go by the name Logz, and I am relatively new to the metagame of Smash. I mainly play Melee and Project M, both of which I would like to play competitively for in the future. As you can tell from my avatar, I am a doc main haha. After watching some Shroomed matches in the past, I came to the realization that Doc was the character I wanted to main the most (and he's very fun to use if I may add.) I'm also attempting to co-main Falco for Doc's major match up problems. There's not much else to say about myself here I suppose. I'm just glad my buddy got me into smash recently. I just entered my first local tournament last weekend and it was the most fun I've had in forever. I hope I get to know a lot of you guys out there, and I will try my best to stay as active as I can! Hope everyone has a good rest of the week.

Cheers
Hello Logz and welcome to SWF!

Glad to read you plan to play more competitvely in the future. Assuming you haven't, check out the Melee Section and go to the Character Boards. You'll find a section for Dr. Mario. If you have any questions with getting around the site, feel free to ask or Venus for help.

Once again, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay and good luck in your tournies!

Hello everyone, as you can see I've had this account since Brawl times, but I was quite a young lad back then. Nevertheless, I've returned and I'm ready for the next Smash! I've been playing Smash Bros. since I was in the single digits and I've loved it since the original. I've never really ventured into the competitive realm of SSB. I play it purely for fun both solo and with friends.
Welcome back Jason!

If you're doing your own thing, that's good for you. So since you've been here before, I am assuming you know the navigation for the site. If not, reply back here and let me know if you need help.

Again, welcome back and I hope you stay with us for a good while.

Hello there I do by DustyPumpkin in a lot of place but you can call me Dusty, I've occasional lurked in the shadows here, but I'm dying to chat about Smash and Miiverse is....Miiverse...
I've played Smash Bros since Melee, I've not ventured into Competitive playing myself but I wouldn't mind at some point.
It's nice to meet you! 8)
Welcome Dusty to SWF!

If you want to talk Smash, you've come to the right place. Right now, the SSB4 section is briming with Smash discussion and activity. Since you've lurk, I am assuming you know your way around. If not, feel free to ask for help. If you don't play competitively, that's fine. It's always up to you.

Once again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Thank you for the Welcome, Mr Grey
I mostly know my way around yes, but I'll be sure to come to you if I need help!

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Well, my name is Anthony. I'm 15 years old and I live in Texas. I'm a mix of Hispanic and White but, eh. I'm 6'3'' and the only sport I watch is wrestling. I own an Xbox 360, Xbox One and 3DS. I do plan to re-buy the Wii U when Smash 4 is released. Favorite food is pizza and my favorite actress? Take a wild guess. My favorite movie of all time is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I listen to Rock, Metal, Electronic and Pop the most. My favorite artists include Blue Stahli, Celldweller, The Birthday Massacre, Paramore, Within Temptation, DragonForce, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson (earlier work), Kitten, Lacuna Coil, Panic! at the Disco, Two Steps from Hell, Halestorm, Taylor Swift, Skillet, Linkin Park, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Queen, Train, Simple Plan, blink-182, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Def Leppard, Dream Theater, Drowning Pool, Egypt Central, Flyleaf, H.I.M., Hostile Groove, Iron Maiden, The Rolling Stones, John Lennon, Johnny Cash, KSM, Megadeth, Metallica, Muse, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Sick Puppies, Nirvana, Sixx: A.M., The All-American Rejects and The Beach Boys. My favorite WWE stars are John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Fandango, Tyler Breeze and Corey Graves. On the Divas side, my favorites are AJ Lee, Emma, Paige, Bayley and Summer Rae.
I'm an aspiring actor and I have my dreams set in motion. I've been called relentless, daunting and fearless in accomplishing my dreams. I'm also a writer. I write horror fiction. The movie series I've been wanting to make since I was 9, is nearing completion. I have a lot written and the gist of the first film finished. Those are my ultimate goals and the reason I thrive for success and belittle failure. Failure is not an option.

My most wanted newcomers for Super Smash Bros. 4 are (in order) Chrom, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Palutena and Ridley. My other two previous most wanted were Little Mac and Waluigi. Little Mac was confirmed so he's good and Waluigi will pretty much never happen, sadly so yeah.

Hello all.

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thank you for the Welcome, Mr Grey
I mostly know my way around yes, but I'll be sure to come to you if I need help!
Good to read that you're set.

Well, my name is Anthony. I'm 15 years old and I live in Texas. I'm a mix of Hispanic and White but, eh. I'm 6'3'' and the only sport I watch is wrestling. I own an Xbox 360, Xbox One and 3DS. I do plan to re-buy the Wii U when Smash 4 is released. Favorite food is pizza and my favorite actress? Take a wild guess. My favorite movie of all time is Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I listen to Rock, Metal, Electronic and Pop the most. My favorite artists include Blue Stahli, Celldweller, The Birthday Massacre, Paramore, Within Temptation, DragonForce, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Evanescence, Kelly Clarkson (earlier work), Kitten, Lacuna Coil, Panic! at the Disco, Two Steps from Hell, Halestorm, Taylor Swift, Skillet, Linkin Park, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Queen, Train, Simple Plan, blink-182, Ariana Grande, Victoria Justice, Avenged Sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, Def Leppard, Dream Theater, Drowning Pool, Egypt Central, Flyleaf, H.I.M., Hostile Groove, Iron Maiden, The Rolling Stones, John Lennon, Johnny Cash, KSM, Megadeth, Metallica, Muse, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam, Sick Puppies, Nirvana, Sixx: A.M., The All-American Rejects and The Beach Boys. My favorite WWE stars are John Cena, Fandango, Tyler Breeze and Corey Graves. On the Divas side, my favorites are AJ Lee, Emma, Paige, Bayley and Summer Rae.
I'm an aspiring actor and I have my dreams set in motion. I've been called relentless, daunting and fearless in accomplishing my dreams. I'm also a writer. I write horror fiction. The movie series I've been wanting to make since I was 9, is nearing completion. I have a lot written and the gist of the first film finished. Those are my ultimate goals and the reason I thrive for success and belittle failure. Failure is not an option.

My most wanted newcomers for Super Smash Bros. 4 are (in order) Chrom, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Palutena and Ridley. My other two previous most wanted were Little Mac and Waluigi. Little Mac was confirmed so he's good and Waluigi will pretty much never happen, sadly so yeah.

Hello all.
Wrestling? Megadeth? Pizza?

Welcome brother.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask for help.

I do have to question your taste in wrestlers though as I don't see any D-Bry, Kurt Angle, or Michael Cole. Welcome and enjoy your stay here!

Also, we have a wrestling thread. Post in it if you feel like: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-wrestling-thread.340439/

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Good to read that you're set.

Wrestling? Megadeth? Pizza?

Welcome brother.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask for help.

I do have to question your taste in wrestlers though as I don't see any D-Bry, Kurt Angle, or Michael Cole. Welcome and enjoy your stay here!

Also, we have a wrestling thread. Post in it if you feel like: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-wrestling-thread.340439/
Daniel Bryan is one of my favorites. My mistake. c:

GaLacTic_SHINOBI

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone im galactic and just joined smash boards a couple days ago and i also love to play project m competitively i just think its fun.

$Bill

Smash Rookie
Hey guys im $Bill and i've been playing smash pretty much since i was born. I just got into the competitive scene for melee in my town and so far things have been going well. That's also where i got the nickname it just kind of stuck. I'm just here to have fun, play smash, and meet some new people. Hit me up if you want to play some melee netplay I'm always down for a game or two.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
Hello, I'm Drazile. I'm probably better known in the texturing section of the Minecraft forums as Drazile12, but I'm also a very big Nintendo fan (they are the superior innovative gaming company, after all).

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi everyone im galactic and just joined smash boards a couple days ago and i also love to play project m competitively i just think its fun.
Welcome to SWF Galactic.

Hey guys im $Bill and i've been playing smash pretty much since i was born. I just got into the competitive scene for melee in my town and so far things have been going well. That's also where i got the nickname it just kind of stuck. I'm just here to have fun, play smash, and meet some new people. Hit me up if you want to play some melee netplay I'm always down for a game or two.
Welcome to SWF Bill.

Hello, I'm Drazile. I'm probably better known in the texturing section of the Minecraft forums as Drazile12, but I'm also a very big Nintendo fan (they are the superior innovative gaming company, after all).
Welcome to SWF Drazile.

Meeyon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9044-1164
Hi!, I'm Meeyon.

I've been playing Melee since it came out, but in a casual way. Until I saw Evo 2013, and the in depth skill that was hidden in the game for most casual players. I wanted to join in :D. I'm registering now because I hope my first tournament is the Norcal Regional, " The Next Episode " because it's 22 minutes from my house! I hope I didn't come too late in the Melee competitive scene.

Stelios78910

Smash Rookie
NNID
Stelios78910
3DS FC
3926-5275-0347
Tally ho Ol' Chaps, I'm Stelios78910.

I'm a 15 year old British Smasher who mains Toon Link and has partaken in casual online Brawl Tournaments on the YouTubes, namely (Lagfest and the World Cup of Brawl). I am now a countdown artist on YouTube, yet I used to
make Super Smash Bros speculation videos, and thanks to being reintroduced to this site by my friend Pizzadudemanguy. I hope to rekindle and share my love for Smash Speculation with the World.

Aside from Smash, my favourite franchises are Inazuma Eleven (as per left), Super Monkey Ball, Mario and Pokemon. Although I've recently become fond of PS3 and Steam Titles. I'm not the best Smasher, but I could certainly learn a thing or two from y'all... wait since when did a British person say "y'all"? Anywho, I hope to stick around here for the party of Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Speculation!

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
Hi! Um... I'm Caste from Spain, I'll be 19 by May and I've been playing Smash since 2007 so I started with Brawl where I main Snake and CFalcon.
After playing it for some years I realized how awesome Melee was so I bought it and started training, I also played 64 between those 2 games, so right now I play every smash game including PM ( ROY IS JUST AMAZING ) at the same time ~

Playing Smash really is my favourite thing to do and my favourite game ever <3

Aside from that, I love drumming, watching anime, and playing games, from SMB and Fire Emblem to CoD and Counter Strike, I like playing almost everything ~

It's great to join the community!

ROY'S OUR BOY :roypm:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Hello, everyone. I'm Minato and I've registered a few days ago. I've been playing Smash since the N64 days, but I don't think I'm that great a player. Hope you guys don't bite a newcomer like me.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi!, I'm Meeyon.

I've been playing Melee since it came out, but in a casual way. Until I saw Evo 2013, and the in depth skill that was hidden in the game for most casual players. I wanted to join in :D. I'm registering now because I hope my first tournament is the Norcal Regional, " The Next Episode " because it's 22 minutes from my house! I hope I didn't come too late in the Melee competitive scene.
Hello and welcome to SWF Meeyon.

The Melee scene is doing fine and it's very active in SoCal. Be sure to check out the Facebook Melee SoCal page.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask for help.

Tally ho Ol' Chaps, I'm Stelios78910.

I'm a 15 year old British Smasher who mains Toon Link and has partaken in casual online Brawl Tournaments on the YouTubes, namely (Lagfest and the World Cup of Brawl). I am now a countdown artist on YouTube, yet I used to
make Super Smash Bros speculation videos, and thanks to being reintroduced to this site by my friend Pizzadudemanguy. I hope to rekindle and share my love for Smash Speculation with the World.

Aside from Smash, my favourite franchises are Inazuma Eleven (as per left), Super Monkey Ball, Mario and Pokemon. Although I've recently become fond of PS3 and Steam Titles. I'm not the best Smasher, but I could certainly learn a thing or two from y'all... wait since when did a British person say "y'all"? Anywho, I hope to stick around here for the party of Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Speculation!
Welcome to SWF Stelios.

Glad you want to rekindle your love for Smash. The Sm4sh threads are currently very active. If you love speculation, feel free to check them out.

Also, got any questions? Feel free to ask if you need help.

Hi! Um... I'm Caste from Spain, I'll be 19 by May and I've been playing Smash since 2007 so I started with Brawl where I main Snake and CFalcon.
After playing it for some years I realized how awesome Melee was so I bought it and started training, I also played 64 between those 2 games, so right now I play every smash game including PM ( ROY IS JUST AMAZING ) at the same time ~

Playing Smash really is my favourite thing to do and my favourite game ever <3

Aside from that, I love drumming, watching anime, and playing games, from SMB and Fire Emblem to CoD and Counter Strike, I like playing almost everything ~

It's great to join the community!

ROY'S OUR BOY :roypm:
Hello Caste and welcome to SWF.

It seems you're a pretty active player. Glad to read you enjoy playing Smash and I'm glad you've joined this community.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Venus for help.

Hello, everyone. I'm Minato and I've registered a few days ago. I've been playing Smash since the N64 days, but I don't think I'm that great a player. Hope you guys don't bite a newcomer like me.

Welcome Arisato to Smashboards.

Don't worry about being a great player. If you just play Smash casually, that's fine and dandy. If you want to improve, you can. Don't worry about it. Getting better will come to you eventually.

I hope you enjoy this place and don't worry about being a newcomer. As some point in time, we were ALL newcomers.

Amish Punkrocker

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1779-2463-5137
Greetings, everybody. I am the Amish Punkrocker. I decided to register on Smashboards because I will be joining the Smash the Port tournament in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, and decided that I might as well establish myself here preemptively. This will be my first Smash tournament. I didn't even know Smash had this big of a competitive scene until I came to college this September.

Facts about me:
I'm 18 years old (I look mid-20's, I know)
I am initially from Guelph, Ontario, and I'm residing in Cornwall, Ontario, for school.
I'm not actually Amish.
I am actually a punkrocker. (Black Flag, Bad Religion, and Blunt Force Trauma, to name a few favorites)
And a metalhead. (Cradle of Filth, Pantera, Slayer, System of a Down, to name a few favorites)
I don't generally play Smash 64, but in Melee I main Fox, and on Brawl (which I don't often play), I main Wolf.
I'm pretty novice, I used to play when I was a kid back in the early 00's, but it's only been since September that I picked it up and started playing again.
I will be playing at Smash the Port in March, looking forward to possibly meeting some of you and possibly gain some insight and experience on the competitive Smash scene.

And if you've read this far, congratulations. Great to be here.

MrAmaboKcorb

Smash Rookie
NNID
AmaboKcorb
Hello everyone, my name is Amabo Kcorb, I own a Facebook page under the same name.
Smash Bros is probably my favorite series ever and I decided to finally join a forum where I can talk about it with others
Unlike most people I know, I prefer Brawl over Melee. My mains are Falco, Captain Falcon, and Luigi.
My earliest smash memories are playing melee with my cousins. I was around for the pre-brawl hype days, and enjoyed that time very much.
So, I can't wait to get involved in the discussions!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Greetings, everybody. I am the Amish Punkrocker. I decided to register on Smashboards because I will be joining the Smash the Port tournament in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada, and decided that I might as well establish myself here preemptively. This will be my first Smash tournament. I didn't even know Smash had this big of a competitive scene until I came to college this September.

Facts about me:
I'm 18 years old (I look mid-20's, I know)
I am initially from Guelph, Ontario, and I'm residing in Cornwall, Ontario, for school.
I'm not actually Amish.
I am actually a punkrocker. (Black Flag, Bad Religion, and Blunt Force Trauma, to name a few favorites)
And a metalhead. (Cradle of Filth, Pantera, Slayer, System of a Down, to name a few favorites)
I don't generally play Smash 64, but in Melee I main Fox, and on Brawl (which I don't often play), I main Wolf.
I'm pretty novice, I used to play when I was a kid back in the early 00's, but it's only been since September that I picked it up and started playing again.
I will be playing at Smash the Port in March, looking forward to possibly meeting some of you and possibly gain some insight and experience on the competitive Smash scene.

And if you've read this far, congratulations. Great to be here.
Welcome to SWF, Amish Punkrocker! That's quite the name! Slayer and Pantera is some good stuff!:) We have a very active Melee community that have a lot of helpful advice for players just coming back into the scene. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Old Man Grey!

Hello everyone, my name is Amabo Kcorb, I own a Facebook page under the same name.
Smash Bros is probably my favorite series ever and I decided to finally join a forum where I can talk about it with others
Unlike most people I know, I prefer Brawl over Melee. My mains are Falco, Captain Falcon, and Luigi.
My earliest smash memories are playing melee with my cousins. I was around for the pre-brawl hype days, and enjoyed that time very much.
So, I can't wait to get involved in the discussions!
Welcome to SWF, MrAmaboKcorb! I think you will find that there are a good amount of people who still prefer Brawl for various reasons. Go ahead and check the Smash 4 Discussion for that "pre-game hype days" feeling. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or Old Man Grey.

Last edited:

Styles

Smash Rookie
Hello there, everybody! My name is Styles, and I love to Smash.

Explaining a little bit about myself, I've been playing Smash since the original 64 version back when I was four years old. When Melee came out (around when I was six or seven), I begged my parents to get me a Gamecube and Melee. However, I always played it as a party game, and nothing more. My child-like mind couldn't think it was anything else, actually. Skip ahead for a few years, and I found Brawl's website. I wasn't big on games conferences back then (as in, I had no idea E3 existed), so I thought I had found a golden secret. When Brawl finally came out, however, my Wii wasn't able to play it, due to my Wii being one of the first ones released. It wasn't able to play double-layered discs. I kept Brawl for another year until I finally saved up money to buy another Wii. I had a blast. Again, since I didn't know Melee could be so competitive, I thought that Brawl was perfect the way it was, and I loved it.

Four years ago, however, I found myself getting better at the game. Not competitively good, but good by casual standards (if you can understand that). A lot of people around me, like my friends and family, weren't able to actually beat me anymore. I looked online to see if there was a place where people played so I could get in some online matches, and I found this place. I wanted to join, but I decided to do research on how people played here first, so I looked on Youtube.

I was devestated. There was no way I could even hold a candle to competitive players. I was intimidated, so I held off on joining. Then, I started looking at guides. Since I loved playing Link and Captain Falcon, I searched for videos and stuff that relate to them, trying to get a grasp on how to play. I never tried to perfect the advanced techniques, however, as my brain didn't think to use them during actual matches. I -can- do some of them, but only during practice. I stayed like this until yesterday, where I finally decided to install Project M. I was having such a blast with it that it gave me the courage to join Smashboards. I thought that maybe people here would give me advice on how to get better.

With that, I end my wall of text. Good day!

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Oh, hey. I'm just an ordinary dude who enjoys smash bros. I started with Melee when I was what...eight? Then played 64 (which oddly enough, I think I enjoy the most...) and brawl. I've never really gotten too deep into the competitive side of things, but still find it pretty enjoyable to watch competitive players. I enjoy a lot of other games too, mainly Nintendo and Sega games since I grew up with them. Now that all of that's out of the way...

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope we can play some smash sometime.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys,
I have been lurking these forums for a while now, time to join! I am a competitive gamer, Project M is for me what brawl should have been from the beginning. I love it!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Hey people, i'm joining in with LoneWolfRanger.
He's my smash rival and best friend. He kinda introduced me to smashboards.
I'm not a pro-like gamer like using chaingrabs, wavedashes and i dunno what kind of other "advanced techniques", but I do play Smash since the N64 Smash bros and I'm pretty allround with my character picking. I don't really have a main, but my favourite would be Lucario.

Last edited:

BlightedAgent

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlightedAgent
Hey guys. I am BlightedAgent. I am a student at the University of Oregon. I played Smash casually since 2006 with Melee and then Brawl when it was released. However, I am trying to get good at Melee and P:M. I am trying to find to play against in Eugene, OR so I can hone my skills and meet new players.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Hello all, I am SkywardStriker16. I got into Smash three years ago with Melee, and then Brawl shortly after. In Melee, I main Falcon and in Brawl I main Toon Link. I currently own a Wii, GCN, Wii U and 3DS and I'm looking to get Smash Wii U when it comes out (you'll see me post a lot there).

Other than that, I mainly play Nintendo games but I'm looking to get a 360 in time. I also have a PS1 but I really don't play it at all. Same goes for my GBA.

I also have a blog which I'll probably post about later in my profile, as well as a Twitter and a IG. I look forward to talking about Smash with you all!

~SS16

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi, I like to play casually.
Welcome to SWF, CasualSmashBro! We have a lot of casual players here:)

Greetings. I've played since the original, though I never unlocked Ness.
Welcome to SWF, KingBroly. Poor Ness! Glad to have you here!

Hello there, everybody! My name is Styles, and I love to Smash.

Explaining a little bit about myself, I've been playing Smash since the original 64 version back when I was four years old. When Melee came out (around when I was six or seven), I begged my parents to get me a Gamecube and Melee. However, I always played it as a party game, and nothing more. My child-like mind couldn't think it was anything else, actually. Skip ahead for a few years, and I found Brawl's website. I wasn't big on games conferences back then (as in, I had no idea E3 existed), so I thought I had found a golden secret. When Brawl finally came out, however, my Wii wasn't able to play it, due to my Wii being one of the first ones released. It wasn't able to play double-layered discs. I kept Brawl for another year until I finally saved up money to buy another Wii. I had a blast. Again, since I didn't know Melee could be so competitive, I thought that Brawl was perfect the way it was, and I loved it.

Four years ago, however, I found myself getting better at the game. Not competitively good, but good by casual standards (if you can understand that). A lot of people around me, like my friends and family, weren't able to actually beat me anymore. I looked online to see if there was a place where people played so I could get in some online matches, and I found this place. I wanted to join, but I decided to do research on how people played here first, so I looked on Youtube.

I was devestated. There was no way I could even hold a candle to competitive players. I was intimidated, so I held off on joining. Then, I started looking at guides. Since I loved playing Link and Captain Falcon, I searched for videos and stuff that relate to them, trying to get a grasp on how to play. I never tried to perfect the advanced techniques, however, as my brain didn't think to use them during actual matches. I -can- do some of them, but only during practice. I stayed like this until yesterday, where I finally decided to install Project M. I was having such a blast with it that it gave me the courage to join Smashboards. I thought that maybe people here would give me advice on how to get better.

With that, I end my wall of text. Good day!
Welcome to SWF, Styles! The community is accepting of all players; casuals and competitive. For example, I'm in no way a competitive player but I love Smash Bris hence why I'm here. I hope you enjoy the forums!

Oh, hey. I'm just an ordinary dude who enjoys smash bros. I started with Melee when I was what...eight? Then played 64 (which oddly enough, I think I enjoy the most...) and brawl. I've never really gotten too deep into the competitive side of things, but still find it pretty enjoyable to watch competitive players. I enjoy a lot of other games too, mainly Nintendo and Sega games since I grew up with them. Now that all of that's out of the way...

It's nice to meet you all, and I hope we can play some smash sometime.
Welcome to SWF, Loïc! It's good to have members who've played every Smash bros games to date. Hope you enjoy the site!

Hey Guys,
I have been lurking these forums for a while now, time to join! I am a competitive gamer, Project M is for me what brawl should have been from the beginning. I love it!
Welcome to SWF, LoneWolfRanger! I like the name! We have a solid P:M community here so feel free to check it out!

Hey people, i'm joining in with LoneWolfRanger.
He's my smash rival and best friend. He kinda introduced me to smashboards.
I'm not a pro-like gamer like using chaingrabs, wavedashes and i dunno what kind of other "advanced techniques", but I do play Smash since the N64 Smash bros and I'm pretty allround with my character picking. I don't really have a main, but my favourite would be Lucario.
Welcome to SWF, Wasp! It's good to have rivals/best friends here on SWF! Feel free to check the characters boards to learn more about your favorite characters!

Hey guys. I am BlightedAgent. I am a student at the University of Oregon. I played Smash casually since 2006 with Melee and then Brawl when it was released. However, I am trying to get good at Melee and P:M. I am trying to find to play against in Eugene, OR so I can hone my skills and meet new players.
Welcome to SWF, BlightedAgent! We have a section called Regional Zones if you haven't found it already. There, you may find players or tournaments in your local area!

Hello all, I am SkywardStriker16. I got into Smash three years ago with Melee, and then Brawl shortly after. In Melee, I main Falcon and in Brawl I main Toon Link. I currently own a Wii, GCN, Wii U and 3DS and I'm looking to get Smash Wii U when it comes out (you'll see me post a lot there).

Other than that, I mainly play Nintendo games but I'm looking to get a 360 in time. I also have a PS1 but I really don't play it at all. Same goes for my GBA.

I also have a blog which I'll probably post about later in my profile, as well as a Twitter and a IG. I look forward to talking about Smash with you all!

~SS16
Welcome to SWF, SkywardStriker16! Wow, a PS1! I'm not even sure where mine is now. We have a Smash for Wii U/3DS boards here so please check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom