• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Ello, Smashboards. I've been a long time lurker and figured I'd join the battle. I've been playing since smash 64 where I mained Blue Link.
In Melee I play Bowser and Ganondorf, and in Brawl... I jump around from character to character. The only character I've ever REALLY wanted as a playable fighter was a Golden Sun rep. My fingers are still crossed on that.
Nice to meet y'all and I hope to see ya around.

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
Yo. I'm a newish player getting into Smash. I currently only play SSF2 since my N64 is back at England (which I am no longer at). I never got a GC or a Wii but I plan on buying a 3DS when SSB4 is out. I stream SSF2 and once I get a n64 emulator, I'll be streamin Smash64 too. Hope to have fun here.

Nodog438

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm a veteran with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I had a disk in 2009 but it broke. Now I have unlocked all characters and stages. I mostly use Mr. Game and Watch.

Egadd

Smash Rookie
Hi! I've been playing smash on and off for years since I was 4. Over the years my interest has waned, and at one point I considered joining here and trying to go pro. A couple of days ago I installed Project M for me and my friend, and I instantly fell in love again. Since then, I've been boning up on all of my smash knowledge, including watching through The Smash Brothers. Hopefully I'll do a couple of tournaments in the next couple of months, East Coast Elites is about an hour away! I've spent around 2 years on SMWCentral, where I've been a Super Mario World hacker. I'm a rabid music fan, listening to everything from jazz to punk to reggae to noise to rap to electronic. I also spend a lot of time drumming, along with playing bass and piano. Hopefully this will be a great experience!

nikovan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. My name is Rick, I'm an international student at UIUC, and hoping to go to my first tournament, Show Me Your Moves, later this year.

I play mostly PM due to me owning a Wii U. I love PM and Melee and play Brawl casually with my roommates.

I play a bunch of characters in PM and main Samus in Melee.

Besides Smash, I'm doing a research in optic fibers right now and I like to play guitar. I'm the only Smasher I know from Venezuela, so that is kind of cool. I hope I can find some good people to play with here. See you around!

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Hello. My name is DJ, and I'm an undergraduate student at the University of Missouri (Mizzou). I live on the west coast and I love Super Smash Bros. Melee. I started playing the game back when it first came out, but never really got into the game competitively until about a year ago. I'm looking to improve my skills to I can attempt to compete on a professional level some day soon.

I also play Project M for fun. I stick with Captain Falcon for the most part there, but will also use spacies from time to time. On Melee my main is Fox, and on SSB64 I play Pickachu. I'm pretty easy to get along with and talk to, so feel free to PM me anytime you'd like.

patrickthe8

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cactuarius
3DS FC
2938-7288-0216
Hello, SmashBoards. I've been playing the SSB series for years, and I finally desided to join this forum. My favorite character is definitely Olimar.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Greetings!

I have been playing Smash for years, it was the first game I could ever beat my older brother at regularly so it holds a special nostalgic place in my heart. I'm currently stuck without the means to play Brawl, but I've been lurking the forums the past few days in some Smash4 threads so I decided I should join up.

P.S. Don't play APB:R.

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Yo there

I am Twomix, a german :kirby2:Brawl Mainer.
My main game is Brawl.
Besides from brawl, I play:
Melee: :drmario:
PM: :drmario: :kirby:
SSB64: :kirby64:

I am 16 Years old and have now my last school year.
I like to play volleyball & football with friends.

Cya , Smasboards! :kirbymelee:

phantom99

Smash Rookie
NNID
chr0n1ck
Hey Smash Brethren! I'm back after a couple year hiatus. Still living in the KW area if anyone wants to play, I main with Mario or Samus in Melee, and just swap through random in Brawl. Shoot me a message for friend codes and Network ID's.
Hope everyones still smashing hard here in the forums, GAME ON!

Vypereus

Smash Rookie
Hey!

Played the Smash series forever, had an account on here forever ago. Never really got into the tournament scene even though I really wanted to due to travelling (aw yeah midwest). Hoping that this place is active and maybe I'll finally go to a tournament.

Mostly play Melee, main Falco and also use Sheik and Marth.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Hello! I have been a long time Smash fan ever since I was a little kid and I rented SSB64. I have occasionally lurked here, mostly the Project M boards and the 3DS/U leak thread. I'm really pumped for the new one coming out, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad to sign up for a forum, though I doubt I'll post often.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
:kirby:Haiiiiiii!
I'm Pickledpotatoes, and I've been lurking around in the shadows since EVO 2013, where my peak of interest for competitive smash shot up. After just reading through threads for a while, I've finally fell to pure pressure and signed up.
I mainly play the glory that is Project M, where I main :yoshi2: The Yosh and :lucas: Lucas (mainly because Mother 3 is my favorite). I've practiced for a while, and while I don't consider myself all that good, I'm comfortable in my abilities.

I'm excited to partake in this community, and I hope I'll never regret this decision. See you there!

Lankf0rd

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I am returning to smash after a long hiatus and am looking to sharpen my skills now that I recently purchased brawl again and installed project m. I was never really good at melee but have always wanted to be in the competitive smash scene. Maybe this site will give me the help i need while I practice!

Tokles

Smash Rookie
Hey my name is Tokles. I'm a complete newbie to SWF. :p But I've been playing smash since I was fairly young, and would like to start learning the game I loved! I haven't found my main yet, but I'm soul searching. I enjoy watching the competitve seen a lot. I hope to see you all around :D

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome newcomers! I'm amazed to see so many new faces joined here in just a small span of time.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
Hey everyone! Welcome newcomers! I haven't posted here in a very long time and I want to start again.

EDIT: Woops, found the right thread. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hey SWF!

Been a die hard fan of this series for almost 14 years and I'm only joining this forum now lol. Maybe i'll attend a tournament some day.

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Ayyyy guys what's up? My name's Zach (my username is just zachmundell because it's my username on tumblr/twitter/facebook/instagram/everything). I've been playing Smash since the original. I looooove Peach. Been a lurker forever, look forward to talking with all of ya!

natiejay

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, my name is nate and I am relatively new to brawl. I intend to hone my skills before the new smash comes out.

I main kirby but also enjoy ganon, tl, and wario. I've contacted a few mentors in order to work on getting better but any tips would help.
Thank you

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everyone! Welcome newcomers! I haven't posted here in a very long time and I want to start again.

EDIT: Woops, found the right thread. Thanks anyway!
Hey Kirks, welcome again!

Hey SWF!

Been a die hard fan of this series for almost 14 years and I'm only joining this forum now lol. Maybe i'll attend a tournament some day.
Welcome SMX to SWF!

Good luck on your first tourney!

Ayyyy guys what's up? My name's Zach (my username is just zachmundell because it's my username on tumblr/twitter/facebook/instagram/everything). I've been playing Smash since the original. I looooove Peach. Been a lurker forever, look forward to talking with all of ya!
Welcome Zach to SWF!

Glad you decided to come out of lurking to join us!

Hi everyone, my name is nate and I am relatively new to brawl. I intend to hone my skills before the new smash comes out.

I main kirby but also enjoy ganon, tl, and wario. I've contacted a few mentors in order to work on getting better but any tips would help.
Thank you
Welcome Jay to SWF!

Glad you use Ganon. If you have any questions about Ganon, ask me. I second him. If you want to hone your skills, check out the Arena for matches.

natiejay

Smash Rookie
Welcome *nate* to SWF!

Glad you use Ganon. If you have any questions about Ganon, ask me. I second him. If you want to hone your skills, check out the Arena for matches.
You don't happen to Mentor a little bit on the side so you? I would love to work on my ganon, I could see him getting my main if it could get more work.

Daedra

vibing
hi im entai i recently got banned off serebiiforums for a 10 point trolling infraction, i play smash and thought might as well make a smashboards so here i am. i edit hype videos and stuff using adobe after effects and run a youtube channel with 220 subs. i main olimar and i like yogurt sup

phantom99

Smash Rookie
NNID
chr0n1ck
hi im entai i recently got banned off serebiiforums for a 10 point trolling infraction, i play smash and thought might as well make a smashboards so here i am. i edit hype videos and stuff using adobe after effects and run a youtube channel with 220 subs. i main olimar and i like yogurt sup
lol wth did you do to get that ban?

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
Ahoy hoy. Been lurking for a little bit so I decided I might as well make an account. I'm here because I'm hyped for Smash 4 and I wasn't getting much decent discussion elsewhere. Zelda's my main and I'd classify myself as an intermediate level player. I might not post much at first because I'm still kinda feeling my way around. Noice to meets yous all.

Qu33n

Smash Rookie
Ahem, Hello smash community! My name is Qu33n, I am not new to the game but I am new to this site. I come from BFC (now SSBFC). I actually just came across this site a couple minutes ago. The reason I decided to join you see, I was actually googling stuff about basic brawl. And I saw this title that read "The Guide to Taunt Parties" (I'm not sure if that is the correct name, tbh. I'm just remembering most of the name). As I was reading through this guide, I read a lot of the comments by some of your members. It seems like there are actually people that really enjoy taunt parties and love playing with other taunters. I started to really like that. (I read this one comment someone made, how they were brawling it out with another Ganon until this Marth came and stole his/her kill. Had a good laugh, actually. I enjoyed reading that). Basically, I only really joined to be around other taunters. I really do love playing around in basic brawl. And I personally get that competitive brawlers love trolling around in taunt parties. I can understand why. But I just want to say that, I'm one of those "really good" taunters that love to just troll you back. It's honestly very amusing to watch how those types of brawlers stop chasing after the other two weaker brawlers and go straight after me because no matter what character they go, or how good they play, they just can't seem to defeat my pink MK. I'm not trying to start any random feud, lol! I'm just sayin' you troll my taunt party, I'll troll you back and make you rage quit<333333

So anyway, as my status clearly reads, "Where the taunt parties at? :v"

Dairz

Smash Ace
Hello SmashBoards! I've been a Smash fan ever since I was a wee lad (but I guess I'm still pretty young), and I main Luigi and Toon Link. I'm not exactly great, but I do decent online and I beat all my friends, so I guess I have something. I'm really excited for both of the new Smash Bros, so I decided to join SmashBoards. I'm probably going to stick around even after the game is out, because this seems like a good community. Looking forward to what this site has to offer! :)

OldManTurner

Smash Cadet
Hey Im Alex, I go by "OldManTurner" no real reason why, mostly just for ****s and giggles. I've been playing Melee since i was 11 or so, and I'm 19 now. In my spare time i also like to skateboard and play guitar. If anyone lives in the southern ontario area feel free to message me and we can get together and do some friendlies.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
Hello everyone ! My name is Xakym and I would of had joined years ago but forgot about it. So I finally signed up today after watching The smash brothers documentary which give me a lot of inspiration to get back into Smash bros. I've played Smash 64 the year it came out, got my first copy of Melee in 2005 and learned about the competitive scene in 2011. I never took part and or spectate any smash bros tournament which is a shame, and so I'm looking forward to attend to a tournament in the future and maybe participate. I'm a decent average player but really need to polish my techniques and skills before doing so. I hope to get a Wii U soon and challenge many people on the forums once SSB4 launches !

FATSHARK

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i'm new to Brawl and have decided to just go all out Project: M, completed the character roster on Brawl but wanted the extra edge i've heard so much about.

Anyone want to play?

3956-0661-3691

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome Entai to SWF.

Ahem, Hello smash community! My name is Qu33n, I am not new to the game but I am new to this site. I come from BFC (now SSBFC). I actually just came across this site a couple minutes ago. The reason I decided to join you see, I was actually googling stuff about basic brawl. And I saw this title that read "The Guide to Taunt Parties" (I'm not sure if that is the correct name, tbh. I'm just remembering most of the name). As I was reading through this guide, I read a lot of the comments by some of your members. It seems like there are actually people that really enjoy taunt parties and love playing with other taunters. I started to really like that. (I read this one comment someone made, how they were brawling it out with another Ganon until this Marth came and stole his/her kill. Had a good laugh, actually. I enjoyed reading that). Basically, I only really joined to be around other taunters. I really do love playing around in basic brawl. And I personally get that competitive brawlers love trolling around in taunt parties. I can understand why. But I just want to say that, I'm one of those "really good" taunters that love to just troll you back. It's honestly very amusing to watch how those types of brawlers stop chasing after the other two weaker brawlers and go straight after me because no matter what character they go, or how good they play, they just can't seem to defeat my pink MK. I'm not trying to start any random feud, lol! I'm just sayin' you troll my taunt party, I'll troll you back and make you rage quit<333333

So anyway, as my status clearly reads, "Where the taunt parties at? :v"
Welcome Qu33n to SWF.

I think the Guide to Taunt Parties is the only thread where taunters hang out. We do have an online thread dedicated to wifi matches but they are most for matches, not taunting. Good luck on your quest to taunt.

Hello SmashBoards! I've been a Smash fan ever since I was a wee lad (but I guess I'm still pretty young), and I main Luigi and Toon Link. I'm not exactly great, but I do decent online and I beat all my friends, so I guess I have something. I'm really excited for both of the new Smash Bros, so I decided to join SmashBoards. I'm probably going to stick around even after the game is out, because this seems like a good community. Looking forward to what this site has to offer! :)
Welcome to SWF Dairz.

You'll find plenty to the site.

Hey Im Alex, I go by "OldManTurner" no real reason why, mostly just for ****s and giggles. I've been playing Melee since i was 11 or so, and I'm 19 now. In my spare time i also like to skateboard and play guitar. If anyone lives in the southern ontario area feel free to message me and we can get together and do some friendlies.
Welcome fellow old man to SWF.

Check out the Regional Zone section and the Pacific West thread. I'm sure there's an Ontario thread there.

Hello everyone ! My name is Xakym and I would of had joined years ago but forgot about it. So I finally signed up today after watching The smash brothers documentary which give me a lot of inspiration to get back into Smash bros. I've played Smash 64 the year it came out, got my first copy of Melee in 2005 and learned about the competitive scene in 2011. I never took part and or spectate any smash bros tournament which is a shame, and so I'm looking forward to attend to a tournament in the future and maybe participate. I'm a decent average player but really need to polish my techniques and skills before doing so. I hope to get a Wii U soon and challenge many people on the forums once SSB4 launches !
Welcome to SWF XakYm.

Glad to read that you watched the Smash Bros doc. IF you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask.

Hey guys, i'm new to Brawl and have decided to just go all out Project: M, completed the character roster on Brawl but wanted the extra edge i've heard so much about.

Anyone want to play?

3956-0661-3691
Hey Shark. Check out the Smashboards Arena for matches.

Hey! im new here my friend brought me to this page! I want to know how I can get an online battle set up
Hey Omega, check out the Smashboards Arena if you want online matches.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hello people. I am Reila. I've been play Smash since the original game and I registered here mainly to show my support to some possible newcomers. Besides that, well, I am huge Metroid and Pokémon fan. You can find me chilling on Nintendo-related threads on neogaf (like the Smash OTs) and on forums like bulbagarden and zelda universe. Anyways, nice to meet you all!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello people. I am Reila. I've been play Smash since the original game and I registered here mainly to show my support to some possible newcomers. Besides that, well, I am huge Metroid and Pokémon fan. You can find me chilling on Nintendo-related threads on neogaf (like the Smash OTs) and on forums like bulbagarden and zelda universe. Anyways, nice to meet you all!
Hello Reila and welcome to SWF.

Glad you found threads you like here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Wonnie

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!
My name is Wonnie from SoVA. I'm a Marth player, I think my little brother is on this forum too (not sure how active he is, but he's the one who got me into Smash last year). He's Foxie, the Falco player.

I've been playing casually ever since the first Smash came out. I pretty much grew up with it and played up until middle school. I ended up never really touching Brawl or Melee during my 90% high school life until some time in February 2013 a good amount of time after MAGFest where I discovered that if I learned techniques outside of wavedashing, the game could be a lot more fun. Long story short, my little brother found Ether and we got to meet the fantastic people at SoVA who encouraged us to continually evolve our level of play.

Currently, I live in Seoul, Korea, but I'll be moving back to SoVA in June and then Chicago in August (for university).
Besides playing Melee, I enjoy writing/recording music, painting and eating.
Cheers mates!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone!
My name is Wonnie from SoVA. I'm a Marth player, I think my little brother is on this forum too (not sure how active he is, but he's the one who got me into Smash last year). He's Foxie, the Falco player.

I've been playing casually ever since the first Smash came out. I pretty much grew up with it and played up until middle school. I ended up never really touching Brawl or Melee during my 90% high school life until some time in February 2013 a good amount of time after MAGFest where I discovered that if I learned techniques outside of wavedashing, the game could be a lot more fun. Long story short, my little brother found Ether and we got to meet the fantastic people at SoVA who encouraged us to continually evolve our level of play.

Currently, I live in Seoul, Korea, but I'll be moving back to SoVA in June and then Chicago in August (for university).
Besides playing Melee, I enjoy writing/recording music, painting and eating.
Cheers mates!
Hello Wonnie and welcome to SWF!

Glad to read you took an interest in Melee and stayed long enough to meet Ether. Writing/recording music? Anything in particular? Also, if you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom