• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Hello everybody, I'm Sqa$ from Connecticut. I'm a Peach main in Melee, though I can somewhat efficiently play all of the other characters. Mainly, I arrange small local "tournaments" with my friends and some other people in the area, but I've never been to a big tournament. I hope to go someday. I play Melee and Project M. I haven't played Smash 64 in a long time,but I definitely don't mind playing it if somebody wanted to.

SirPettigrew

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone!
I've been playing Smash for a while, but never thought about really working on it until I went to go check out the FGC stuff at Apex 2014. Excited to learn and hopefully improve. Hope to make some friends!

ZeroTheProphet

Smash Rookie
NNID
lenny.macias
3DS FC
0834-1360-7667
Umm.. Hello everyone. I'm Zero, and I'm new to this smash boards forum. I've always been a smash bros fan ever since Melee, and I've heard many great things about this forum, so I decided to check it out, and possibly join the community and start my journey improving my works as a competitive player.

Thanks!

stanley_david

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. Welcome to Smash World Forums! Tell us who you are and what brings you here.

In the meantime, here are a few things to help get you started:

If you are looking for a simple guide to help you learn how to use the many features of Smash World Forums, check out the Newbie Handbook here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254708

Looking for an online Brawl? Check out the New New Members Fight Arena. You'll always find a good match there:

http:/www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

This forum is meant for those who may require direct information on what works on Smash World Forums. The Welcoming Committee is committed (see what I did there?) to give the simplest advice and give you the rundown of any updates and changes that may occur on this site. Have fun. ^__^

Big Sis' 2 cents-EDIT:

Hey there! :D
I just wanted to say ~Welcome~ to all newcomers, I hope you'll enjoy your stay :)
oh, and you veterans, too x]

If you have questions, just come here and ask the committee or any other member, we're all willing to help.
Btw, the Welcoming Committee Members are sportin' that creamy yellow name color , just so you know :p

Hi, I'm David. I just joined SmashBoards and want to find out if there are any upcoming Smash 64 online tournaments? Any help is appreciated.

Welcome and hello ZTP to SWF!

If you got any questions, let me know OK?
Any Smash 64 online tournaments coming up?

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'm Rock & Roll Wabbit, most commonly known as Wabbit. I was brought here by a friend, who told me that this was a good place to find people who liked Smash Bros. While I may be new here, I hope I get to know everyone here! ^-^

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Hello! I'm KaBlamJamDan (You can just call me Kablam or Dan if you want) and I've been a fan of Smash since Melee. I'm not really much of a competitive "Smasher" but I do get a kick out of watching tournaments.

I do like other stuff besides Smash too like Sonic, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, Pokeymans, and Kingdom Hearts.
I believe that is all I want to say and I wish that everyone else who is new here have a wonderful time!

beetlebomber

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0662-3406-7424
Hi everyone! I'm new, I used to love playing smash as a kid. When I got to college I was introduced to P:M demo 2.1 and I've been hooked ever since. I'm from MD/VA and I'm trying to get into the community after spectating APEX and (of course) seeing the smash doc.

Singe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Hello everyone, I am Singe, previously known as Scorch. I main Mario and only Mario in all Super Smash Bros. games and fan-based hacks, of which I have only played Project M. I enjoy serious competition against other players and occasionally attend monthly gaming sessions within my community, which is the Lower Mainland in British Columbia. Sadly my Wii failed to boot up one day, so now I use Dolphin to play Super Smash Bros. games. If you want to start up a game via Netplay, I would be happy to accept a request provided that your settings are synchronized with my configuration. Otherwise, playing locally is an alternative that I am open to if you prefer and are able to. Otherwise, glad to be a part of the community here :)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Greetings, I'm WingedSnagret. Brawl is my all time favorite game, so needless to say I love Smash Bros. to the core. If you couldn't already tell, my second favorite series is Pikmin, which includes Olimar being my specialty in Brawling.

I'm also incredibly bird-obsessive.

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Hello all, I'm NinthWonder. I play as Ganondorf and hopefully I will one day be able to become very skilled with him.

Xeylir

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xeylir
Hi all, I'm Xeylir. I main Marth, with Ike as a secondary, and I'd like to get into competitive Smash, as well as improve so I can keep ahead of the other brawlers in my social circle.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi, I'm David. I just joined SmashBoards and want to find out if there are any upcoming Smash 64 online tournaments? Any help is appreciated.

Any Smash 64 online tournaments coming up?
Hello David.

I am not sure. I didn't find anything in the OTL and the S64 section. Check the 64 discussion often or the general and see if anything happens.

http://smashboards.com/forums/smash-64-discussion.11/

I'm Rock & Roll Wabbit, most commonly known as Wabbit. I was brought here by a friend, who told me that this was a good place to find people who liked Smash Bros. While I may be new here, I hope I get to know everyone here! ^-^
Welcome Wabbit to SWF!

Hello! I'm KaBlamJamDan (You can just call me Kablam or Dan if you want) and I've been a fan of Smash since Melee. I'm not really much of a competitive "Smasher" but I do get a kick out of watching tournaments.

I do like other stuff besides Smash too like Sonic, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, Pokeymans, and Kingdom Hearts.
I believe that is all I want to say and I wish that everyone else who is new here have a wonderful time!
Welcome to SWF Dan!

That's good to hear you watch tourneys.

Thank you for the wonderful saying. I hope you enjoy it here.

Hi everyone! I'm new, I used to love playing smash as a kid. When I got to college I was introduced to P:M demo 2.1 and I've been hooked ever since. I'm from MD/VA and I'm trying to get into the community after spectating APEX and (of course) seeing the smash doc.
WElcome Beetle to SWF!

I believe MD/VA has a scene so you'll do great finding others. It's good to read that you want to get into the community. I wish you luck and have a great time.

Hello everyone, I am Singe, previously known as Scorch. I main Mario and only Mario in all Super Smash Bros. games and fan-based hacks, of which I have only played Project M. I enjoy serious competition against other players and occasionally attend monthly gaming sessions within my community, which is the Lower Mainland in British Columbia. Sadly my Wii failed to boot up one day, so now I use Dolphin to play Super Smash Bros. games. If you want to start up a game via Netplay, I would be happy to accept a request provided that your settings are synchronized with my configuration. Otherwise, playing locally is an alternative that I am open to if you prefer and are able to. Otherwise, glad to be a part of the community here :)
Hello Singe and welcome to SWF!

Glad to read that you are active in your community. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Greetings, I'm WingedSnagret. Brawl is my all time favorite game, so needless to say I love Smash Bros. to the core. If you couldn't already tell, my second favorite series is Pikmin, which includes Olimar being my specialty in Brawling.

Welcome Snagret to SWF!

I hope you enjoy it here!

Hello all, I'm NinthWonder. I play as Ganondorf and hopefully I will one day be able to become very skilled with him.

I'm also incredibly bird-obsessive.
Welcome Ninth to SWF!

I admire your choice to main Ganon. Check out the Ganon boards. Recently, they hosted an event at Apex 14 called the Ganon Gaunlet. If you want to get a feel of how Ganon should play, watch the videos on Youtube.

I wish you luck on your path of evil.

Hi all, I'm Xeylir. I main Marth, with Ike as a secondary, and I'd like to get into competitive Smash, as well as improve so I can keep ahead of the other brawlers in my social circle.
Welcom Xeylir!

If you play wifi, you can find the Smashboards Arena to be a decent spot of players who can help you improve.

melee player from ann arbor michigan. :]
Hello and welcome to SWF!

Singe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question regarding online tournaments. Are they implemented in the community, and if so, where would the section dedicated to that be? Currently I have Dolphin configured and would enjoy playing against other players online using Netplay. If there are not any tournaments in the recent months, that is fine.

FatRaccoon

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm FatRaccoon from VA and since I saw Evo last year and Apex this year I've been itching to pick up Melee, finally got my copy and haven't put it down!

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I searched for Smash Bros and found this site. I ended up getting lost in the Smash Bros leaks thread, and decide to register. I really like to play as lots of different characters for variety, but I lean towards my favorite franchises(Kirby, Sonic, DKC, Wario). Mostly, I like beating people with characters that aren't used as often so I tend to avoid elite characters in multiplayer mode.

Looks like a cool forum, hopefully I can contribute.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Thank you for the welcome. I have a question regarding online tournaments. Are they implemented in the community, and if so, where would the section dedicated to that be? Currently I have Dolphin configured and would enjoy playing against other players online using Netplay. If there are not any tournaments in the recent months, that is fine.
We have an online tournament section but I am not sure about the Netplay you're referring.

Hi, I'm FatRaccoon from VA and since I saw Evo last year and Apex this year I've been itching to pick up Melee, finally got my copy and haven't put it down!
Weclome Raccoon! Check out the Melee section to get started.

Hey, I searched for Smash Bros and found this site. I ended up getting lost in the Smash Bros leaks thread, and decide to register. I really like to play as lots of different characters for variety, but I lean towards my favorite franchises(Kirby, Sonic, DKC, Wario). Mostly, I like beating people with characters that aren't used as often so I tend to avoid elite characters in multiplayer mode.

Looks like a cool forum, hopefully I can contribute.
Glad to have you aboard Josh!

Trace

Smash Rookie
Hi my name is Trace I am new to smash. I picked up project M after seeing it at Apex 2014. I main captain falcon, and my other characters are DK, Marth, and zero suit samus i guess. Iv'e improved a lot over the past week but I have no one to practice with :(. I live in London, Ontario, Canada. Other games I play besides smash is Starcraft 2..... and that's it lol. I hope i can find some friends here to play with, I am not sure if wifi on project M is any good? Iv'e only heard bad things about smash over wifi. Hope to have fun and make friends :)

Singe

Smash Rookie
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Hi my name is Trace I am new to smash. I picked up project M after seeing it at Apex 2014. I main captain falcon, and my other characters are DK, Marth, and zero suit samus i guess. Iv'e improved a lot over the past week but I have no one to practice with :(. I live in London, Ontario, Canada. Other games I play besides smash is Starcraft 2..... and that's it lol. I hope i can find some friends here to play with, I am not sure if wifi on project M is any good? Iv'e only heard bad things about smash over wifi. Hope to have fun and make friends :)
Wifi on Project M is great if your bandwidth can support it and you are using the correct configuration as the opponent(s). You can also play Brawl without any issues either, but Netplay will have to be your option if you want the most fluid and enjoyable experience, and that is through using Dolphin, the GameCube/Wii emulator.

Trace

Smash Rookie
Wifi on Project M is great if your bandwidth can support it and you are using the correct configuration as the opponent(s). You can also play Brawl without any issues either, but Netplay will have to be your option if you want the most fluid and enjoyable experience, and that is through using Dolphin, the GameCube/Wii emulator.
I see, thank you...

Yankee-pyro

Smash Rookie
How yinz doin? (yeah, i live near Pittsburgh)
Just joined here, and sad as it is, this is the first forum-site thing i ever joined ONLY because i'm SO darn passionate about Nintendo, especially the Smash series.

Been gaming since 1991 when my 2 younger brothers and i received a SNES (with the Super Mario World pack-in) for Christmas, and, well, the rest is history.

If you wanna know any other details just contact me.

Glad to be here!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello Trace and welcome!

Check out the Smashboards Arena for WiFi battles.

How yinz doin? (yeah, i live near Pittsburgh)
Just joined here, and sad as it is, this is the first forum-site thing i ever joined ONLY because i'm SO darn passionate about Nintendo, especially the Smash series.

Been gaming since 1991 when my 2 younger brothers and i received a SNES (with the Super Mario World pack-in) for Christmas, and, well, the rest is history.

If you wanna know any other details just contact me.

Glad to be here!
Welcome to SWF Yankee!

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to let me know! I hope you enjoy your stay.

RazzleDazzle

Smash Cadet
Hello! I'm a long time casual but I started playing competitive Melee a little over a year ago and main Luigi. I like soldering and modding as a hobby that I put a lot of time into.

McNasty

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm McNasty, I've been on and off playing SSB since it's release on the N64, to Melee, to Brawl, to Project M. I don't claim to have skills like Ken or M2K, but I do want to one day be able to compete with the pros. I'm a proud Canadian and I wanna see a Canadian flag up top with all the players from the US. I guess I have a lot of people to thank from the community for making SSB into what it is today, I wish I could name you all but it's the community as a whole that's kept this all together. I wanna learn as much as I can and to keep getting better, hopefully one day I'll be as good as the pros. I'm here for the long run.

turtlelink

Smash Rookie
Hello. Long time Smash player. Just here to have some discussion and meet some other players. I do notice some people here (WingedSnagret) lol. So yea, should be fun here once SSB4 arrives.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello! I'm a long time casual but I started playing competitive Melee a little over a year ago and main Luigi. I like soldering and modding as a hobby that I put a lot of time into.
Welcome Razzle to SWF!

If you haven't, check out the Luigi boards so you can check out what Luigi stuff you haven't found. Nice hobby. I wish I was good with soldering so I can solder some LEDs on my controller.

Hey everyone, I'm McNasty, I've been on and off playing SSB since it's release on the N64, to Melee, to Brawl, to Project M. I don't claim to have skills like Ken or M2K, but I do want to one day be able to compete with the pros. I'm a proud Canadian and I wanna see a Canadian flag up top with all the players from the US. I guess I have a lot of people to thank from the community for making SSB into what it is today, I wish I could name you all but it's the community as a whole that's kept this all together. I wanna learn as much as I can and to keep getting better, hopefully one day I'll be as good as the pros. I'm here for the long run.
Welcome to SWF McNasty!

That's cool that you want to rep your country. Check out the Canada thread to see if you can find fellow Canadians nearby.

Hello. Long time Smash player. Just here to have some discussion and meet some other players. I do notice some people here (WingedSnagret) lol. So yea, should be fun here once SSB4 arrives.
Hey TurtleLink. Welcome aboard!

This site should be alot more active once Sm4sh is released.

fitzawesome

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, fitzawesome here. I've been a massive Smash fan from near day 1. I still remember walking into the store as a kid and seeing the box for Smash 64 and being all "w-w-whats that, Mario, Link, Starfox, Pikachu, some strange astronaut all in one game?! How had I never heard of this before. I rented it and since then I have put an unhealthy amount of hours into each game. Currently sitting in feverish anticipation for Smash Wii U/3DS.

I usually main Marth (glad to see him back for Wii U) though I swap around a lot between him, the Captain, Link, Snake and Luigi. Looking forward to seeing you all in the game and on the forums.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everyone, fitzawesome here. I've been a massive Smash fan from near day 1. I still remember walking into the store as a kid and seeing the box for Smash 64 and being all "w-w-whats that, Mario, Link, Starfox, Pikachu, some strange astronaut all in one game?! How had I never heard of this before. I rented it and since then I have put an unhealthy amount of hours into each game. Currently sitting in feverish anticipation for Smash Wii U/3DS.

I usually main Marth (glad to see him back for Wii U) though I swap around a lot between him, the Captain, Link, Snake and Luigi. Looking forward to seeing you all in the game and on the forums.
Welcome Fitza!

Here's the Sm4sh section if you want to check it out.

I can do a little more in depth that. ;)
Really? Like what?

pbandjames

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody. I've lurked for a long while, but finally decided to join the ranks officially the other day. I main Marth and Peach in Melee. Used to main Ness, back when I was naive and full of casual hopes and dreams. Still like him, though. Not really sure about Brawl, haha, but my university Smash Club did just start a Brawl ladder that I joined so I suppose I'll figure it out pretty quick. I used to play the hell out of 64, but I didn't play for so long that I forgot who I played and how!

I've just started really getting into the competitive community this year. It's been great so far! Looking forward to learning and discussing a lot here!

within my community, which is the Lower Mainland in British Columbia
BC players represent!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everybody. I've lurked for a long while, but finally decided to join the ranks officially the other day. I main Marth and Peach in Melee. Used to main Ness, back when I was naive and full of casual hopes and dreams. Still like him, though. Not really sure about Brawl, haha, but my university Smash Club did just start a Brawl ladder that I joined so I suppose I'll figure it out pretty quick. I used to play the hell out of 64, but I didn't play for so long that I forgot who I played and how!

I've just started really getting into the competitive community this year. It's been great so far! Looking forward to learning and discussing a lot here!

BC players represent!
Welcome James to SWF!

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Hello everyone, I started with this series since its first entry & I just love all the specualtion these games bring when the new game gets announced.
I never played competitive, but I hope I can hone my skills when Smash 4 gets released or just meet some people to play some online matches with

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hello, my name is SegaNintendoUbisoft (not the most original of names, but I couldn't think of anything else). I came to this website during the whole Palutena leak and have decided to make an account myself. I love Smash Bros to death, with Brawl being favorite. My mains include Mario in 64, Mario and Falco in Melee, and Sonic and Mario in Brawl. I probably won't be here much, but I look forward to discuss some Smash Bros with you guys.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone, I started with this series since its first entry & I just love all the specualtion these games bring when the new game gets announced.
I never played competitive, but I hope I can hone my skills when Smash 4 gets released or just meet some people to play some online matches with
Welcome Raw to SWF!

Check out the Arena for online matches.

Hello, my name is SegaNintendoUbisoft (not the most original of names, but I couldn't think of anything else). I came to this website during the whole Palutena leak and have decided to make an account myself. I love Smash Bros to death, with Brawl being favorite. My mains include Mario in 64, Mario and Falco in Melee, and Sonic and Mario in Brawl. I probably won't be here much, but I look forward to discuss some Smash Bros with you guys.
Welcome to SWF SNU!

While you might not be here for long, it's great you at least decided to join us.

Cosby Bebop

Smash Rookie
The name is Cosby Bebop (tag: CosB) and I'm quite new to the tournament side of smash. I've played smash since I was a wee one, when Smash 64 came out and my friends and I binged it. I met a friend about 3 years ago who told me there was this great depth to the game and that I should try it, but at the time I was working hard to get good at SC2 (I was plat at the time). I would still watch EVO and other smash events with him, but never gave it much thought.
Now, after watching the smash brothers documentary, I've been bit by the smash bug. I main Marth, I can wavedash, and I find myself practicing advanced techniques in my spare time (last semester of senior year of Nursing school is a bit rough :p)
Love the community, love the salt, and I'm starting to like what I'm reading in the forums!

Anyways, hi!

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Yo.

My name is ProjectAngel, and I've been a Smasher since 1999, starting from the original Super Smash Bros. in 1999, though I have yet to compete in any Smash tourney whatsoever.

I was actually once a member of SmashBoards around the time Brawl was announced, but I had left for unknown reasons. After several years of playing Smash up to 2012, I gave up on it until last year, when I fought against some guys at Anime Weekend Atlanta. They had Brawl and Project M stations setup in their game room, and this whole feeling of playing smash started to come back. It wasn't until Smash 4's announcement at E3 2013 that I began to have a full interest in Smash again.

I am looking to learn more about my longtime mains, Marth and Jigglypuff, so I can start to get that competitive blood flowing in me at last. I intend to play more Smash before, during, and well after Smash 4's release.

I'm a quiet sort, so don't expect much to come out from me.

I'm into other fighters (Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Injustice, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Skullgirls) as well.

Anywhoozles, hi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom