• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC13

Smash Rookie
How're you guys doin'? This is CC13 here and you'll probably see me a fair bit around the SSB4 Character Discussion and Smasher's Hangout forums. Hopefully, we'll all get along just fine. Happy Smashing!

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
hey all

rutgers based smasher who lurked for far too long. been playing for years but only started 'seriously' and tournaments since the summer. peach main but working on others. usually smash over netplay or the rutgers smash houses with ppl like overfl0w, IE6, sometimes m2k if he comes out. should be at apex for friendlies. very happy to see how much smash has brown in the past few months, especially in regards to melee netplay. if you haven't tried it out its worth it!

Lancy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-3488-7050
Finally got around to signing up here. I'm Lancy, and I've played for a while, but until recently, I've not been able to find a scene close enough to me. I'm much more active on the subreddit than here, so this may be my first and last post.

I main the Weeg with secondaries Falco, Peach, and Yoshi.

Oh, and you all need to get in my Friend Safari. Gotta get them hidden abilities.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been visiting this site for the past few weeks as a non-member, and decided it's about time I joined!

As my username suggests, I love Smash Bros, as well as Sonic. They're my two favourite video game franchises. Of course, my gaming interests stretch far and wide, though!

I main Kirby in Smash 64, Mario in Melee, and Sonic in Brawl. Or at least, they would be the characters I play as most, though I'm able to play well with a lot of characters (and recently, I'm discovering I'm very good with Toon Link in Brawl).

I joined here mainly because right now I have no one to consistently play Smash Bros with in my area. I live in Ireland, so needless to say, the Smash Bros tournament scene is basically non-existant, to my knowledge. I doubt this will really change with Smash 4, and while I am getting both versions as I own both systems, I can't think of many people in my area who will be too. So considering the fact that we will have online play in Smash 4, I figured it would be a good idea to properly join an online Smash community and maybe try and fit in, and maybe by the time Smash 4 is out, I'll have lots of people to play with! I also need a place to properly express my excitement for all of the announcements and what not, as they happen!

I also got Project M working recently (both on my modded Wii and on Dolphin), and I think it is an amazing mod. It's another reason why I wish I had people to play with!

As for a bit about me, I am currently enrolled in a Computer Games Design course in college. It's going pretty well, and I am of course tinkering around and will eventually work on putting out my own projects!
This is also the third forum I have joined. I joined my first back in 2010, and I still use it. I then joined another a few months ago. So I have a lot of experience with forums already, and hopefully that will show!

I think that's enough about me for now, I'll not rattle on any further. I look forward to enjoying my stay here at Smashboards!

zak552

Smash Rookie
NNID
zak552
Hi everyone,

I'm zak552 but you can call me Zak.
I have played and loved Smash since I was 7 years old but I was never any good. Because of this I faded away from trying to become part of the community.

Yesterday I finished watching the 9 part youtube documentary series, "The Smash Brothers" and I was pulled right back into my love for the game.
I don't really like to play smash online but I really want to start looking for events around Toronto, so if anyone has any info please lemme know. I can't wait to start getting to know all of you, I'm glad I signed up

Grayfield

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-2497-4870
hey I'm gray, (unintentional rhyme), but yea i main luigi and have a pretty solid zero suit samus. i would LOVE to have a sparring partner. my code is 4170-5611-7325.

Meta413

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm an Europan Meta Knight main :kirby:! I've been playing Brawl for almost one year, and the other games for almost two years. I'm not good at Brawl, so I came here to learn how to get better. I'm a huge Kirby fan too.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Yo guys

UK player here, had accounts before but in low posts so I figured I would just make a new one and make proper use of it.

Only been to a couple of brawl tourneys (got mostly slapped), but hoping to get better at melee and be in the 4 scene when it comes out hopefully.

Dorizzle

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4227-2265-7992
Hey guys, I go by Dorizzle and well I used to play Melee when I was younger but I stopped and I got back into it after my friend showed me, The Smash Bros Documentary. I main Sheik, but I sometimes use Falco and well I'm hoping to get a bit better.

kitfisto25

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, I'll probably go unnoticed, but I'm new around here. I'm not new to Smash tough. I'm very exciting about the next installment of the serie and can't wait to finally play the game

And I'm sorry about my errors... I usually speak french

Anyway, nice too meet you all

Metazoa

Smash Cadet
I'm here to talk about Smash, theorycraft, and learn more about Smash and eventually improve my game.

Oh, and I guess meeting people would be nice, too. Kind of.

Dix09

Smash Rookie
hey my name is George and i recently got into melee but i really want to get better at it, i live in new york so if anyone lives around here and is looking for a practice buddy please contact me asap or email me at G3orgiexo9@gmail.com

almostdaft

Smash Rookie
NNID
skmaynard
3DS FC
4914-3142-0794
I'm Steve. After watching the Smash Brothers documentary and learning about Project M, I took a big interest in Smash again. I live in Eastern Kentucky and, as far as I can tell, the scene is very deserted. I found a Facebook group for my region, but most events are pretty far away from me. I'll be moving to Western Kentucky soon and I hope I can find a scene there.

Kooky Koopa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Koopa1989
3DS FC
4184-2976-0132
Hey everyone. I'm Kooky Koopa and I have been a Super Smash Bros fan since the original release. I have been lurking on this forum for quite a while but lately felt the need to register with the upcoming release of SSB4 and finding that the community seems quite sound here. I always enjoyed playing Smash Bros but I've recently gained an interest in improving my play to a more higher level with Bowser after recently getting back into Brawl.

While I haven't set up my online Wii account yet, I would be very interested in picking up a sparring partner in the near future and chatting with other members in the community. If you're interested, just drop me a PM or e-mail and I should be out and about for some Brawling come February. All the best!

Last edited:

FunkyKapu615

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kapukapu61
3DS FC
0989-1875-0948
Greetings my name is FunkyKapu and I joined because I was a huge fan of smash bros since the N64 days and I didn't know that their was a forum for the series.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Hello everbody! I've been lurking around this forums for a while.
I'm really fond of reading all the threads about the new Smash Bros. Never considered myself a very competitive player but I can say that, like you, I love this game and I love all the pre-game discussion. I remember the pre-Brawl days when I used to lurk to see all the expectations (Ah... Those days)
I am from Mexico and am currently studying a Digital Arts Career to specialize in videogames. I can say I LOVE everything about smash. The mechanics, the art, the concept, the content, the metagame, the whole experience and culture around it.
Also a huge fan of Nintendo, I've been playing since I have memory, really, one of my earliest memories is playing Zelda on the NES. BTW I'm also a huge fan of the Zelda series, have played all of them since that first one.
Well, it's nice to meet you guys! I'm sure I'll have a great time around here!

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. My name is xXdarkrisingXx. I've been playing Smash Brothers ever since I was little Kid. My main is Mario since the first game. I'm also a descent ike player. I what to improve my skills as a smash player so that I can compete with people of equal skill or better. I want to be know as one of the best Mario players around. It might be a tough Road, but I believe I can do it. I love the smash games. I don't have a friend code yet. But I will soon. I hope to play against you guys in the future. representing mario 100%

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Hey, guys. Long time lurker. My email shows that I registered under the former SWF, but apparently that's no longer relevant.

Been playing Smash since 64, but over the past year or so (after years of kind of forgetting about Smash), I've gotten back into Melee and have gotten a lot better. Of course, I find Project M appealing as well and play with friends frequently. Anyway, I thought I'd join again, start posting, and see what I can learn about Melee and Project M and maybe get in a little SSB4 discussion!

Jordan

Smash Rookie
Hey guys!

I'm everfree and I have been playing Melee since I was a wee child. I have been oblivious to the smash competitive scene for the majority of my smash career and I have recently just started trying to get serious. I main Marth in melee and will start playing some Project M as soon as I can get my Wii back from my sister who's in college. I can't wait to get started here and get to know everyone here as I know that I that this community is an awesome one!

See you all on the battlefield!

D

Deleted member

Hello people!

I've been lurking here for a while and I thought it was time for me to join in! I've been a Smash Bros veteran ever since I got Melee as my 2001 Xmas present with my Gamecube. I wish I could think of something else to say but thats all I got.

I'll be seeing you dudes in the forum!

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Hey guys!

I'm everfree and I have been playing Melee since I was a wee child. I have been oblivious to the smash competitive scene for the majority of my smash career and I have recently just started trying to get serious. I main Marth in melee and will start playing some Project M as soon as I can get my Wii back from my sister who's in college. I can't wait to get started here and get to know everyone here as I know that I that this community is an awesome one!

See you all on the battlefield!
Holy ****. No one took jordan as a username until now? lol

Dianostique

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dianostique
Hey guys! I've been a Brawl player since it's realease but I've never been interested in Melee until now. Just bought myself a copy of Melee and it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then Brawl. So I'll give it a go! Plus, I have a Wii U, so I'm pumped up for SSB4 :D

See you around!

YoshiNaomi

Smash Cadet
Haiii. I've been a smasher since '99. I ran competitive Melee when I was a teen, only did local tournaments though. I've recently decided to get back into competitive(I've played consistently, all titles, ever since I picked Smash up, I never take breaks). I'll be doing exclusively Project M for tournament, but any permutation of Smash is fun for me. I'm in the Chicago area and I'm ALWAYS thirsty for challenging competition. I'll be going to EXP Gaming weekly once I get my college schedule/money fixed. Nice to meet you all!

p.s. My nickname has been Yoshi(it's basically a first name for me) for about 4 years, totally not smash related though, heh. Send me a message if you'd ever like to train/do sets! <3

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Haiii. I've been a smasher since '99. I ran competitive Melee when I was a teen, only did local tournaments though. I've recently decided to get back into competitive(I've played consistently, all titles, ever since I picked Smash up, I never take breaks). I'll be doing exclusively Project M for tournament, but any permutation of Smash is fun for me. I'm in the Chicago area and I'm ALWAYS thirsty for challenging competition. I'll be going to EXP Gaming weekly once I get my college schedule/money fixed. Nice to meet you all!

p.s. My nickname has been Yoshi(it's basically a first name for me) for about 4 years, totally not smash related though, heh. Send me a message if you'd ever like to train/do sets! <3
I'm down with a liittle sparring :3

RevengeLatty

Smash Rookie
Hey my name is RevengeLatty I am from the UK. I have been looking around the forum for quit some time so decided to sign up. I am seriously interested in getting into Smash Bros and really want to play it to a competitive level. I do not know if I should play Melee brawl or Project M and also would like to now if there is a Active UK scene if this is the right forum to ask. I hope to get to know the good people of smash boards and also learning how to play this really fun game thanks

shimejiTerezi

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm shimejiTerezi. I like games like Touhou Project, Earthbound, Sonic, and a bunch of others that i can't think of at the moment. Of course, i like Smash Bros. too. I usually main Ness, Lucas, or Sonic in brawl, and Ness in Smash 64 and Melee. I was looking around this site for a while, and i decided to join today. Hopefully, someday i'll learn how to not be absolutely pathetic at these games. Seriously i suck, lol.

The first Smash game i ever played was Melee. I got the gamecube for my birthday when i was little, so every time i won a match with my friends i thought you had to reset the whole console to start another one, lol.

FalcoBlue

Smash Rookie
I've been on the forums for a little bit, but never posted.
my mains are n64 - Falcon/Fox
melee - C.Falcon/Falco
Brawl - Mr.Game&Watch (I don't play brawl much)
I'm not a pro, but I'm definitely above the average person who
sits down to play every once in a while.

Lazarond

Smash Apprentice
techinically im still kinda new but hey everyone im John or Lazarond from the chicago area!!! and ive been going to EXP gaming for wave dash wednesdays and to the exposures. my mains have always been link and samus and im currently playing project m for tourneys!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I'm Cpt.

I play a lot of ssbb and have been getting into Project M and Brawl Minus.

I'd say that I'm a competitive casual player and I do enjoy watching some of the big names play.

Some of my favorite characters are Samus, G&W, Mewtwo, and Ness.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SMASH 4!!!!

Smitus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Secret-Stork
3DS FC
4914-4481-5695
Name's Smitus. I've only really played Brawl and 64, and even then I'd play for fun. I saw the Smash Bros. Documentary and was inspired to learn the game seriously. I love trying new things when it comes to video games, so whatever the game is, I'll learn it :D Wanna learn either Dr Mario or Falco in Melee, and improve my Wolf in Brawl

CuppaJoe

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CUP#348
Sup guys I'm CuppaJoe I've been out and about to a few tourneys lately since around October and I hope I can be more active in the smash community.

Griffinator87

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm Griffinator. I am familiar with all of the Smash Brothers games as I used to play them for fun with my friends. However it wasn't until I watched the documentary that I decided to start playing Melee competitively. I currently reside in Titusville, Florida so if there is anybody in Central Florida or Brevard County that wants to play Melee let me know. I am eager to learn and I want to be a part of this still growing community.

gzsmasher

Smash Rookie
I am looking for competition in the NYC area. I play super smash brothers for N64 and believe I am a pretty strong player. I am also looking for tournaments to compete in locally, so if anyone knows of any games then please let me know

ClassyWolfman

Smash Rookie
After a several years of not playing at all, I've decided to start playing smash again. and even more years of living under a rock withotu regular internet access I've joined the online world. I just re-bought a copy of melee, and I've found myself using Peach and C. Falcon again. I'm mostly a melee/64 guy. I'm excited to see how much has changed about these games since I stopped playing regularly about 10 years ago. I'm looking to improve my skills, and start attending small tournaments, like many people my age, who saw that documentary, I'm new but I'm already breaking the rust off, and learning a few new tricks.

7dogguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2466-2487-7066
Hey guys Im dogguy and I live in west virginia looking for people who play melee and 64. around here the community is dead XD I have to drive a hour to even go to a tournament or be in contact with other people that play XD besides my close friends :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom