• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
hey how long is ohsnap supposed to last, one day or two? I'm guessing two cus of all the money matches, poker, brawl and melee, and i dont know if we will have pools ore not but i hope not, and all that takes forever so yeah just making sure.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
One day, Kuni. There will be no poker. But we will have pools.

EDIT: Yawara, can you come your inbox and see if you still have Carter's #? I deleted it some time ago.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
PM me your number and I'll save it in my phone. Sometimes I'm scared to answer numbers i dont have because it might be a telemarketer or work :eek:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i think work would be scarier lol
you can toy around with a telemarketer...
toy around with your job...
you'll be working as a telemarketer...

think about it. do you good it will

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Allright, so today was the worst day off my, and Ricky's, life.

First of all, Dylan, my doubles partner, said he was sick and couldn't go today. That made the day bad from the start. When we got to the tournament, we were ready to play. Me, Ricky, David, Juan, and Dillon all came up together, but David and Juan had to leave at 4p.m. b\c David had to be at work at 5p.m. The tournament started at 12:30p.m. according to the OHSNAP 4 page, but come to find out, the tournament didn't really start until about 3p.m. David and Juan got to play about three matches between the two of them, and those were just pools. They paid $15 each to play all those matches. WOW!

David and Juan left at 4p.m. and headed back to PV. So that left me, Ricky, and Dillon. I was mainly there to play Melee, b\c a HATE Brawl with a passion. Ricky came to have fun, and Dillon actually likes Brawl, so he was happy. I knew that b\c of the late start the Melee option was more than likely gone. I signed up for Brawl just to have fun, which it wasn't. I quit half way through my pool and told them to give everyone who was supposed to face me 2 wins. I didn't care.

I knew that me and Ricky weren't going to make it out of pools, but I knew Dillon was going to do good. I thought to myself," I guess me and Ricky will watch Young Deezy play Brawl and then we will leave and get our money back for doubles." Come o find out, the Brawl singles tournament was AFTER the doubles. WHOU WOULD HAVE GUESSED!?!?! Anyways, I was like," Ok, I guess me and Dillon will do doubles for fun so I can at least have something to do besides sit here." When we were done, I was freaking tired and ready to go home. When I get tired I can't play for crap. I went to play Melee with some of the Norman guys, and played like dump on a stick, which made me mad/dissappointed. I was really ready to go home.

I wanted to see the Grand Finals for singles and compete in the crew battle, b\c I have never been in a crew battle. I have always wanted to do a crew battle after watching FC3 all those years ago. The crew battle was Brawl though, and I knew I would be no help for my fellow Oklahomans. (I am writing this while OHSNAP 4 is still going on, so I don't even know if there is, was, or is supposed to be a crew battle) I knew that Young Deezy still had Brawl singles to do, but it was 9:30p.m. and Ricky has to go to work tomorrow morning at 10a.m. I told Dillon that we were ready to leave, even though he wouldn't get to compete in singles. Doubles were still going on at that point and it was like 9:45p.m.

We decided to leave and got into my mom's van and left, unhappy and discouraged. Me and Ricky talked about it and realized we have grown to HATE Smash. Yes I said it, HATE Smash. We never do any good, or we get matched with Pros (such as Ricky), or play terrible. The list goes on and on. That's why I'm about to make a big statement in my, and Ricky's, career:

Auddy and The Deadman are officially hanging up the controllers, for good. In other words, WE ARE RETIRING FORM SMASH.

With me and Ricky gone from Smash, the rest of the PV kids will crumble and will retire as well. The PV Kids will be no more. This event, OHSNAP 4, may be the last time the PV Kids will ever see/talk to you guys again. It was a fun ride while it lasted, and I hope you guys do well in the future of your competitive gaming.

-Auddy

Shade_

Smash Ace
I know how you feel guys, i think a lot of us with the exception of hanson, yawara and josh didn't do as good as we should have especially in crews, and by the time my singles came around i lost pretty badly. The tournament could have been timed better for sure but it didn't make it worthless in my opinion.

After thinking about it, i've decided i can't simply let go of my ike even if hes no good against pros, and i cant replace my wolf with snake or falco cus, i just dont like them, so i'll have to learn to just make my meager characters work somehow, and i'll have to start playing more often to. I do want to mess around with snake though.

bassem6

Smash Lord
OH SNAP was freaking awesome. Can't wait till next time. I'll have my license then I can stay alllll niiiight loooong.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Auddy, trust me, I know how you feel. I personally did not play to my expectations, and by the end of the crew battle, was just completely run down. Yeah, the tournament ran EXTREMELY long, but when you look at the size of the tourney (112 entrants?! In OKLAHOMA?!?) I don't think it could have been helped... I was very happy to see you guys and freakin' SOUTH PAW again, so even though I was trash, I at least had fun.

Now, on to my real point. I've been smashing competitively for far longer than anyone else in OK. Yesterday was a truly proud moment for me. We got over a hundred people to show up for SMASH in OKLAHOMA. I can't stress that enough. I've gone from only having myself and Marc to 112 PEOPLE wanting to play. I've seen it all now. I can finally rest easy knowing that OK Smash has a future beyond Po Pimpus. Hanson, you've done me a great honor by putting this thing together.

I always worried that if I left, that everything would fall apart and nothing like this would ever get off the ground. A little bit of egotism on my part, but somewhat true. However, now, I know I don't have to worry about you guys anymore. You can make it on your own. Oklahoma Smash has finally grown into an adult, and ol' Po can retire peacefully knowing that his legacy lives on in you guys.

On behalf of Marc, Pablo, Heath, Derrick, and all us old school guys, THANK YOU OKLAHOMA! You guys may not have won the tournament, but you won the day. To all of you guys:

Shade
South_Paw
KOS-MOS
Rasta Imposta
Pay$
Blue Jay
Ken
Shanx
Jeff
Gravity
Zinth
Scud
Hazygoose
King GT
Auddy
Deadman
The Irish Guy
Chubbs
Kyle
TypEX
Le_Thien

and all the rest of you guys that I forgot your names... I want to thank you for making this thing called OK Smash so awesome and fun.

Seeing as how I just typed all that, I don't know if that's a retirement speech, or just me being overwhelmed by how far we've come thanks to all your efforts.

I really appreciate all the time we've spent together and even if this is the end of competitive Po, I'll still be around to kick all your ***** should you start dropping the ball.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*****, you forgot about me! And I was the corner stone of our crews!

[edit]

Auddy, are you serious? Your Fox was ****ing good. There were literally only two things you did wrong which as you didn't grab and you didn't safeguard, but that's also because you don't have matchup experience.

Those two are also the easiest things to fix up too.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*****, you forgot about me! And I was the corner stone of our crews!

[edit]

Auddy, are you serious? Your Fox was ****ing good. There were literally only two things you did wrong which as you didn't grab and you didn't safeguard, but that's also because you don't have matchup experience.

Those two are also the easiest things to fix up too.
YAWARA!! No one could forget about you! You're the ****ing best, man! I loved your crew performance! TOO GOOD!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*hates Po*

Also, BASSEM! Dude, you ****ing rock man. Come by to Norman some time.

504-231-6099

Call me dude, seriously. Your Wario was beast.

Also shout out to DAM whose Wario is the second best in the state and GMO for getting out of pools with me.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for Hosting OH SNAP. It went p smoothly. Next time you're probably going to have to be less ambitious - pools take forever (but are hella fun).

I had one goal of getting out of pools and I made it. Had to squeak by some butt-hurt Lucario player but I managed.

Nice matches with you Yawara - you're Wario messed me up, your fart game is too good.

I gotta step my Falco/DK game up.

EDIT: Hanson, holy **** man!, I dunno if you were just on fire or what. That was the best I've seen you play - a lot of the tx players were talking about how nasty you were while you playing. Completely nuts, good job dude.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Seeing as how I just typed all that, I don't know if that's a retirement speech, or just me being overwhelmed by how far we've come thanks to all your efforts.

I really appreciate all the time we've spent together and even if this is the end of competitive Po, I'll still be around to kick all your ***** should you start dropping the ball.
Come now Brandon, we all know that you aren't ever going to quit Smash :p

Auddy, sorry to hear that. I don't really like Brawl that much either, but I do have fun cheering on fellow Oklahomans in crews and tournament matches just like in Melee, and with Hanson's avalanche of bananas, there was a lot of that (at least late at night). I think your location and transport situation place a lot of limitations on your ability to enjoy Smash.

Kevin, we do need to play Brawl more often.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was easily the most vocal about being anti-brawl and the biggest voice as to why the game shouldn't be played; but in hind sight, that's just ********.

I love me some Melee. At Oh Snap, the only thing I talked about were the new SS vids. But Brawl's fun as well, and you can't say that the game requires no skill if there's a consistency in the placement of good players. And third parties can clearly see a disparity in skill levels just observing matches, and it's not just cause of cheap tactics.

All tactics can be gotten around. Brawl just requires more mental faculties than pure tech skill to get around it. Anyone who saw the T-Rex vs Hanson set would know what I'm talking about. That **** was sick.

Also, Melee1's ICs are retardedly good.

bassem6

Smash Lord
*hates Po*

Also, BASSEM! Dude, you ****ing rock man. Come by to Norman some time.

504-231-6099

Call me dude, seriously. Your Wario was beast.

Also shout out to DAM whose Wario is the second best in the state and GMO for getting out of pools with me.
Thanks man. You got like over 9000 style points in that match with infinity! I love how he just walked into your proximity mine xD I'll try to check up on this topic more to see when smashfests and tournies happen.

P.S. My combo vid if you guys havent seen yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJ4pGrahwY&fmt=18

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, DAM was telling me about you, and I thought this whole time you were from TX.

That's why I get for not being in with the Brawl scene, but it's all good man. Nice **** vs Roy_R too. We'll need you to come around again, and you can give me tips with Wario.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I've decided to play ZSS, Peach and Zelda. Reason being is because since I'm not going to play(or kind of refuse to play) high tier characters in brawl I figured Peach by herself just wont cut it. So since all my of my characters are (supposedly) mid-tier I figured I can't just stick with one character so I'm going to need a variety of characters to fill in for those who have a seemingly impossible matchup (Peach vs G&W for example).

Not giving up on brawl and after this tourny I'm even more excited to play brawl against you guys again. Hanson, Brandon or Yawara, hit me up whenever you guys want to get some more games in. I'm stoked for the next brawl tourny. :)

Also good **** Hanson on running this tourny and making it the biggest tourny OK has ever seen. Proud of you bro.

Shade_

Smash Ace
After thinking some more, i want to add snake to my character selection, and try out zelda as well. But i have an idea of how to use snake,...and next time smash fests comes up i wana try a few things out. At first i didn't think that he had the type of projectiles i wanted to attack with but i got an idea of how to use them all to just sit and camp with.....unfortunately there is no wii here for the moment as bryans sister stole it so i'll have to try it some other time.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
"as bryans sister stole it"

lol Just funny to me

Also, T-Rex had a sick snake, should watch his match vs Hanson. It's so . . . confusing. But I like mine better. I use Dair.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Your Dairs on Infinity were too good haha. Best match of the night.

Have you uploaded Hanson v T-Rex? I wanna see the epic nana->nade kill.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Kuni, if you ever get this message, i wouldnt mind picking you up to play. Since I haven't played the "new-ish" you. I've seen alot of yourmatches w/ hanson and thought itd be cool. But we are 2 sides of the same coin. You do things i refuse (or cant) do, and vice versa.

Also, Drew the Dragon. The power rankings are a bit messed up. I am too high haha.

Shade_

Smash Ace
lol. Sure, actually, I think that would be kinda cool, I wont leave home till probably wednsday evening probably, so anytime between tomorrow and wednsday we could play in the evenings for a a bit, though on tuesday i get off work at 9 so i'd have to come over afterwards.

I just want to get better cus i'm really dissapointed with myself in the crew battles, and then figuring out a wolf i 3-0'd in friendlies got twice as for as i did in the rankings.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
lol. Sure, actually, I think that would be kinda cool, I wont leave home till probably wednsday evening probably, so anytime between tomorrow and wednsday we could play in the evenings for a a bit, though on tuesday i get off work at 9 so i'd have to come over afterwards.

I just want to get better cus i'm really dissapointed with myself in the crew battles, and then figuring out a wolf i 3-0'd in friendlies got twice as for as i did in the rankings.
You talking about Gravy?

I'm not sure how I lost to him, but he 2-0'd me.

I played him - you are better. And the last time I played your Wolf was...the first time I'd ever been to Hanson's - so probably over a month ago.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I wanna play Melee with Alex sometime, but I'm down with Brawl as well.

I leave to NO on Wednesday. People have to call me before then.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
oh snap 4... to think I've been here since 2
tom, would you be willing to pick me up on the weekends for some smash? if so just call, I think you have my home number...
I'm Also free on tuesday evening if anyone wants to smash

3000 is a scrub piece, you shoulda sent me in for crews, the match woulda lasted forever.
lol
hanson told me you guys were pushing eachother to your limits. that may be why I kinda failed in pools.

... I'm all washed up
I was surprised to see babac of all people, idk why some were surprised by coty
I hope he had a good night... lol

Shade_

Smash Ace
I was actually talking about chuse, or what ever its spelled, never fought gravy though, we really should play tuesday evening then, right after i get off work i can probably spend 4 or 5 hours playing with you all.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
But we are 2 sides of the same coin. You do things i refuse (or cant) do, and vice versa.
Haha, just like I said. You chain throw, Kevin doesn't. Kevin spams lasers, you don't. Also, I think that your placement in the power rankings is accurate.

The wolf player that Kevin was talking about is Shuz.

I would be down for playing on Tuesday, especially since I don't think I have class at all that day.

Top Bottom