• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
looks like somebody hasn't read this one book that involves a really long title about having a bad day.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man Babac, you suck. Try anyways.

And fine Kuni, but you're really setting us back far. The trip's about 5 hours or so, and I'd much rather us get settled into Kansas ASAP especially with Michael's car's situation. Are you sure you can't afford to skip? Also I skipped like 7 English classes and made a high b <_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, I posted that like the first day you came here lol

It's looking tight, but the NSX has been the quintessential japanese monster car forever now, and it's old as balls. The new one is so exciting.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Yeah dude, I posted that like the first day you came here lol

It's looking tight, but the NSX has been the quintessential japanese monster car forever now, and it's old as balls. The new one is so exciting.
AFter looking at the problems w/ the GT-R, and with the specs of this car. I think I'm going to retreat to my beloved Evo X

Gravity

Smash Ace
wow thats some gay *** paint.

anyway, i was reading that nissan was being a ***** about honoring the warranty on the gtr, and not only that, but most nissan dealers wont even touch it until they fly in specialized technicians from japan or whatever. also that using launch control more than rarely could void the warranty. whats the point of going 0-60 in 3 seconds if it voids your warranty? on a car that needs regular maintenance that even accomplished mechanics cant do.

anyway, i dnot see any specs there. so yeah. speaking of newer cars, i saw a new dodge challenger on the road the other day, its pretty badass looking but i dont think its worth the price point. in the seventies you could pick up one with a bigger engine for like 3 grand.

but i dont really care. im more excited about this car i found for sale. if i can sell my bronco before teh guy sells his car than i can buy it, which is cool, because its one of my favorite cars.

also, just to throw this out there, im comfortable driving at night if it taks taht long. ive driven cars with much more wrong with them than a dark speedo, although it would be nice if kevin took one for the team, since i was hoping to get to ks earlier. i dont want to get there late at night.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I don't mind the dark speedo, i mind if Michael is worried about it is all. Also, s that a trans am?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
yeah, excuse my ignorance of domestics. but i was hoping for a model name. I'm guessing a firebird? is that a trans am? ahha

Shade_

Smash Ace
Sorry man but im not the type of person that can pull off half decent grades with being in class all the time, paying attention, studying a lot, and doing all the homework. I've figured this out through lots of observation and experimenting.

And i was more referring to why Australia, instead of why he needs a hug.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*sigh* We're not going to take school from anyone Kuni, so you don't have to worry about that. Just make sure you're 100% ready. We're not wasting any time afterwards, so really, the day BEFORE pack everything no excuses.

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
also, just to throw this out there, im comfortable driving at night if it taks taht long. ive driven cars with much more wrong with them than a dark speedo, although it would be nice if kevin took one for the team, since i was hoping to get to ks earlier. i dont want to get there late at night.
If you're cool with it then I trust you; I just wanted to point it out since it's annoying.
And i was more referring to why Australia, instead of why he needs a hug.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
so was i, thus the book kindly provided by tyrannosaurus. Thank you.

*edit*
I don't want to give any spoilers away, but ill say this. His solution to all of his problems is to move to australia.

Gravity

Smash Ace
its firebird. just fyi the trans am was the top trim level of the firebird. less than that was the formula firebird which is pictured, and then the base firebird.

the trans am was **** though, in the mid seventies, it was one of the last true muscle cars, offering a 455 cubic inch engine capable of launching it to 60 in just over 5 seconds.

but it turns out the one i found for sale is rusted to **** and back, so im going to have to pass on it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ah, that's how it worked. I thought the progression was Trans Am -> Firebird which came about at a later time. Still, i thought you didn't like Pontiacs.

Gravity

Smash Ace
dont have a myspace. try facebook.

also, i like pontiacs. i also like muscle cars, regardless of make for the most part. im not to fond of pontiacs current lineup but whatever.

and if you want to get technical its not really a trim level, but its just an upgraded engine suspension and so on. sort of like the mustang cobra compared to todays mustang and mustang gt.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey yo, it's Po! Alright, I see that SHADE doesn't want to miss class, and that's cool. Education is number one in my book, so handle business, son.

That being said, I still plan on leaving as early as possible, so Paemon, I'll be scooping you up around noonish, so be ready. I'm sad that Babac can't go, but I understand... So I guess that means I have a couple of open spots for anyone that wants to roll with me, but I'm going to leave one of those on reserve in case one of the guys that SHOULD **** well go, but are holding out (Marc, Pablo, Babac) has a change of heart.

I really wanted for us to all leave OK together, but I also want to touch ground in KC with as much daylight behind me as possible so I can get a lay of the local land. I still expect for the rest of you to keep in contact with me once you head out so we can keep in touch.

Oh, yeah, I also need an experienced(or at least someone with a steady hand) to record my antics, for I shall be at my most epic levels of hype and ****-talking during this tourney.

THERE WILL BE MISFIRES, THERE WILL BE SHORYUKENS, AND THERE WILL BE THE PIMPEST...

'nuff said.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well my plan is that instead of coming down wednesday night ill just come down thursday sometime, ill call a combination of yawara/kevin/bryan/brett to find someone not in class whenever i wake up so we can get some melee in.

if its not too much trouble (i dont see why it would be) i want to check out your car michael thursday night.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Way to go Bryan! I actually played some matches on ICCUP (www.iccup.com) and now my record is 1-4, it was so much fun though. I also got Jiwon to play some missions and she is enjoying it. Teaching a Korean SC....wtf?

That reminds me....you can play to Michael! I'll help!

KC is going to be amazing. Yea Yawara I want to practice some, but I'm going to have a lot of homework this week. Let me know when you can do it next.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Not today dude, tomorrow is the first I might be able to, but Thursday definitely. IMMA **** A *****.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
paemon, don't wimp out on everyone, it's lame
Yawara that HYAGKFDAYA! link was amazing, i lol'd
EVERYONE ELSE, i wish i could go to that KC tourney but work, family, and school are obstacling my possibilities of that,
So anyways good luck, I'm not gonna be getting on here for the next few days so try to tell me how it goes thru text, 8866392
And yes for those wacky adventures, i do have picture messaging

Scud

Smash Apprentice
so uh...who is going in brandon's car then...or does brandon need to drive now? I wish pablo or someone would come....

Btw I had a really great TvZ today...if anyone is interested in watching the replay....
Yawara you never responded to Bisu and Flash being knocked out of the OSL...who do you want to win now?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
so uh...who is going in brandon's car then...or does brandon need to drive now? I wish pablo or someone would come....

Btw I had a really great TvZ today...if anyone is interested in watching the replay....
Yawara you never responded to Bisu and Flash being knocked out of the OSL...who do you want to win now?
Yeah, that's a good question, Brett... :confused: So, Pay$ ISN'T going now? I know for sure that Marc can't go, and Pablo hasn't traveled out of state in like four years now, so I don't think he's going to change his mind on going. I'm still going to get my car checked out tomorrow in case the Rasta & the $ change their minds, but if they don't, is it cool if I hitch a ride with you, Brett?

I don't mind leaving later if I'm not driving, but if I do have to, I want to know pretty soon so I can prepare...

**** wishy-washy *** Oklahoma Smashers... :mad:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just watched that. THANKS FOR SPOILING!

But yeah, Flash was ********. He had that won if he would've just kept building units. But oh well, I guess nwo I'll have to cheer for . . .

And yeah, i guess Brandon leaves with Brett. Y'all want to leave early to hold down the fort?

Everyone pack much lighter btw.

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
Brett, we need you to go to Yawara's place before leaving since we're going to drop some luggage off there and need you to pack it in your car.

Gravity

Smash Ace
PS, as far as i know of, no. However, theres a huge one this weekend in ks. if you confirm youre going soon (like now) someone might be able to get you a ride.

and on that note, can someone tell me what hotel we are staying at? like the address?

also whos teaming with me?

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Hey there! :]

So I think utah is going to run an OOS tournament in... december. Would you guys be able to come? im trying to find a good date :] get back at me.
there is going to be brawl and melee

Top Bottom