• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
cool car. looks expensive. far too expensive for me anyway.

i think the most attractive car performance/price ratio wise to me is the 09 cobalt ss. 22000 dollars for a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds and a top speed of 150 or so while making atleast 26 mpg. but i care about acceleration and high speed stability more than cornering and handling. . .so yeah

anyway, i need to know what hotel were staying at.

also yawara, my parents are letting me borrow thier gps for the trip, so we can use that to make sure we dont get lost. im picking you up at like 1 tomorrow right? from downtown? just call me and ill come pick you up.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
yeah, but those mpg's never tell you the truth. Given you like speed in straight lines and good accel, id be surprised if you got over 20. Where did you find it for 22? I can only find them for 25. In which (and god forgive me for saying this), id get a scooby WRX

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I personally don't like the Cobalt just cause I don't like the way it looks. If it came down to it, I think I'd just want a new Accord. I still think that's the best looking car that came out in that range.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Range as in range of prices as in if I needed to lease a car, that'd be the one. Evo's cool btw.

Also, Kuni, I want you to be ready to leave directly after class as in Andy will pick you up right after class ends for you so no bathroom, no fixing your hair, no "I need to grab this from my room."

Just be ready to leave.

Gravity

Smash Ace
18-34k id just get the new camaro, the v8s like 32k or something like that. . .up to 45k id get the new challenger. 65k would be a corvette, 85k would be the viper, and 105k would be the corvette zr1.

<3 american cars.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i think you could almost get away w/ an Evo X GSR or STi with that. for anything in the 30's you can almost get any imported roadster.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Brett, don't come by tonight cause I need to pick up my friend from the airport. i think what we'll do is drop off my bag, my friend's bag, and Andy's bag later tonight at your place, does that sound OK? We're packing light btw.

Also, I'm not too sure I'd want to get an STI or EVO at that price range, cause those aren't cars I'd use. Those are cars I'd play with, you know? I just don't want to pay for gas basically >_> And doesn't the evo have awful gas mileage?

Gravity

Smash Ace
actually isnt the evo v6? or 4 cylinder? either way, it gets good mileage if you keep your foot out of it. turbochargers (or superchargers) effectively increase mileage if you dont drive fast.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
evo has a straight 4. and yes it gets terrible gas milage. but as andy mentioned, its not too bad if you keep your foot out of the pedal

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Hm, if you're from the tulsa area, wanna play sometime? I'll be in the area for today.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
I've been gone for a few mostly playing my new copy of Melee :) my old one got stolen a long time ago anyways whats the haps? I wanna know what I missed any brawl or melee toruneys coming up let me know please because im dying to see how I compare to people offline instead of online.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
KC was pretty awesome. Some highlights for me were:
-Chris got 17th place, losing to Darkrain, beating dmac, and then losing to Jiano.
-Chris almost beat Wife in a Fox vs. Wife money match.
-M2K 4-and-3-stocked Jiano with Sheik in the tournament.
-M2K's Fox got 4-stocked by HungryBox's Jigglypuff on Yoshi's story in a money match, and it was on tape.
-Darkrain is epic.
-Andy got M2K's Fox down to one stock.
-I spiked M2K twice in one match.
-M2K is of ungodly talent.
-Cactuar is also really good, crazy mindgames.
-Brett almost beat Darkrain in a tournament match.
-Kevin was keeping up with really good players.
-RayNX has incredibly insane tech skill with Fox.
-Andy found his Smash clone.
-ihavespaceballs is really good.
-Lots of Jigglypuffs and Captain Falcons.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'm probably forgetting a blaringly obvious thing or two. I recorded vids, which I will work on getting up this week.

Gravity

Smash Ace
-Andy got M2K's Fox down to one stock.
not only this but i managed to get him down to 2 stock several times.

also, m2k got 4 stocked by hungry box, a jiggs player.

both winners and grand finals were 3-0 by m2k on cactuar.

noone got out of pools but chris, kevin and brett almost did.

me and brandons team took 4 stock off of m2k and cactuars team.

bunch of other **** too. cant really remember it all.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
pancaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes
Yeah, like that, lol. Also, we came from ****'s.

And yeah, M2K pretty much turned the grand finals into a farce. Cactuar went Jigglypuff during the last game (at Yawara's urging) and even started talking on his phone, joking that he played better while he was on it.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
What's up guys? I really want to know when a smash fest or anything is going done. I haven't played with you guys in forever and Wes and I really want to see if we have improved in brawl and also to see how it is a effecting our melee game.

Plz let me know.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
sorry to ask, but who are you? you mention wes adn first thing that comes to mind is kyle. but he already psoted w/ GT.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
So does Yawara cause his Falcon's gotten pretty good now actually.
Except he still kills himself 1-3 times per match <3

Outlaw, it is possible that there may be a Smashfest this weekend. I say this only because we have regular Smashfests on the weekend, though, as I haven't actually heard for sure whether there will be one this weekend or not.

Top Bottom