• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, I'm Josh as well. I prefer to be called Joshua over my username though.

I know the second game has a DS remake, but since I've never really tried to import games, I haven't played it. I really want to though, just to have another Fire Emblem game on my hands lol.

Is it confirmed that it will go overseas? Last I heard it was staying in Japan.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Joshua, I bet you'd love talking to Kevin (aka Kuni, aka Shade) if you met him; he loves Fire Emblem. Also, that Melee remix is pretty cool.

My LoL is Zinth8 for anyone here who plays it, though I haven't had time to play it lately.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I wanna play mgs3d so bad. That is like a 40% motivational push for me.

Also i wanna play melee.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Really, the two franchises I want to get more of are Fire Emblem and Metal Gear. Shadow Dragon and PoR are completely awesome and I was moved by MGS4's movie sequences alone. If a port/remake of the first Metal Gear shows up I'm gonna get it.

Lol, I pretty much enjoy all of Nintendo's franchises, save for three or four. The Wii party franchise, Nintendogs, Animal Crossing, and Starfox can burn in a fire for all I care.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
This thread is moving too fast for how often I check it.
i concur with this good sir. i posted yesterday and i had to catch up 3 pages worth.... i guess thats what happens when hazy and sars post on a consistent basis lol

as for FE i could never get into it honestly :( which is sad cuz i did try.... on the wii only tho. that was my first experience that turned me off of it

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
tactical rpgs/turn-based strats are really my genre. that and of course fighting games :3
fire emblem, ogre battle, brigandine, disgaea, heroes of might and magic, vandal hearts, suikoden, pokemon, etc, etc...i just love games where you can not only exercise your brain but also set up super ultra mega combos with super ultra awesome visual effects. heroes vi is coming out this summer and i'm going to play the ****ing **** out of it.

haha josh i promise i'll stop posting so much once i get settled back in oklahoma and get a jerb. i've had literally nothing to do for a week and a half though >.>; sooooo bored. can't wait for sunday.

sylv mains fox, right? because we REALLY need a fox main in oklahoma, how do we have 0? does anyone even know how to contact the mwc guys? maybe okgamers?

TxZero

Smash Cadet
:o good luck on that job! if you're interested in getting back into melee shiiiiiiiiiiiiii hit me up often :)
all these people playin' LoL...not my thing but the upcoming stand-alone DOTA looks awesome.

TxZero - do you play any steam games? i don't play LoL but a few of us are really active on steam :) add hazygoose if so!

hahahaha, welcome to the OK thread, nicknyte. you must not know po pimpus well (which is a mistake...post in any regional thread, including AZ, and ask the old schoolers "who is po pimpus" and you'll universally get the answer "the coolest most awesome person in oklahoma."), but brandon is a master of trash talk.

the only problem is the best OK player is now in edmond :cool:
i'mma train up will and kyle and we're going to stomp OKC out. norman's next.
Added, TwisteDxFate

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
sylv mains fox, right? because we REALLY need a fox main in oklahoma, how do we have 0? does anyone even know how to contact the mwc guys? maybe okgamers?
I'll check with OKgamers, Sylv plays spacies as does this kid I met in the union Alex Ngo, said he used to play a long time ago, he definitely has techskill but is a little rusty. I need to beat Chaimberlain.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Bryan's fox is alright. It can take games off my sheik mostly consistently. It'd be chill if we could get MWC to get down here this weekend. And by "down here" I mean "over there." <___<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oklahoma needs dedicated fox mains, I got plenty of gimmicks with Fox. HOLLA

Also Alex or someone do a name/address/number thing so we can get good contacts in our community.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'll play your fox. Also Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is the best Sonic for sure Chozo! I'd like to have seen more sonic adventure titles in the vein of SA, but they kinda threw those out the window with Sonic Heroes.

I'd be happy to do a name/address/numbr thing.

I was thinking of making one of those facebook groups that you can force people to join, so the word would always get out about tournies, smashfests, and monthlies for people that don't visit SWF, because no one likes BBS. Considering making this a general "Oklahoma Gaming Group" but you know not OKgamers so I have to think of a better name so there isn't confusion.

Here is a start
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_164421443614647

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
BTW, if you guys do do crews again, Norman should do a draft or split powers.

Like, I think Alex and Brett are a crew along with GMo and KP.
Forest and Bryan are a crew with like James and Tommy along with anyone else they bring along.
Me, Andy, and Karl are a crew (LOL recruiting). Also we got Josh Scott the science robot.

If we go brawl, then it's the Hanson crew vs everyone else who isn't Hanson's roommate.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
So, say I wanted to randomly go to OKC to play smash for a weekend. How would that play out? Like lodging and places to play? Could anyone pick me up from the airport? :D

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So, say I wanted to randomly go to OKC to play smash for a weekend. How would that play out? Like lodging and places to play? Could anyone pick me up from the airport? :D
I can probably house you. (depending on the weekend, advance notice of course)
I don't have a vehicle that I can take to the airport though.
You should wait for us to organize a decently setup smashfest so you can play as many people as possible. If I host here and house you then you will already be in the prime location.

There are others that would be happy to have you as well.

As for crews, if we're crewing by city then Bryan you and I have to get together with other normanites and get a sick new crewname going. Also Tommy sucks and we get Steve Garret and Alex Ngo
Don't forget Irish, (unless you mean that Science Robot) he's actually pretty good when he isn't fihgting me, after fighting VTS I can say that Irish is about on the level he just can't get this peach matchup down, which I know how it is cuz I'm that way with Falco.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Don't forget Irish, (unless you mean that Science Robot) he's actually pretty good when he isn't fihgting me, after fighting VTS I can say that Irish is about on the level he just can't get this peach matchup down, which I know how it is cuz I'm that way with Falco.
haha thanks for the defense forest. u r right bout my below subpar peach matchup skillz. i need to play u like a million times in a row for that to work out. or play chris 10 times. lol

ya yawara u should technically part of the moore crew. which... sadly....is just me... everyone sad DC is from moore so i will accept that with open arms. and then sidney if there is a crew battle i can talk him into playing. as well as that kid jacob who i play with everynow and again.

EDIT - hey when is everyone goin over to andys tomorrow? i get off at 945pm.... will everyone be smashing till dawn???

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
forest or I normally can house. more so forest tho since im usually working on weekends....as for a ride from the airport....if im off and have gas i could always pick u up. or Cats could if he wants to make that road trip

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Aaaaghhh i've been gone forever.
sorry guys, school's been kicking my *** and i lent my brother my gamecube for awhile. i haven't been playing at all, and my controller's stick got messed up so i won't be playing until i get a new controller D:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I like know nobody cares, but I am like getting the largest hard-on ever this masters watching Tiger Woods, and I am so excited to see him play today.

Also Yankees Red Sox game now is pretty tight.

And finally, I think I'm best in MvC3 with like Hulk, Haggar, and then the third is up in the air. I just don't like Haggar's supers so I tend to use him to save meter. I might go either Iron man or Sentinel or Amaterasu for the third.

Also I like Iron man, but he's whatever, and I like Akuma but he's whatever also.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
So I like know nobody cares, but I am like getting the largest hard-on ever this masters watching Tiger Woods, and I am so excited to see him play today.

And finally, I think I'm best in MvC3 with like Hulk, Haggar, and then the third is up in the air. I just don't like Haggar's supers so I tend to use him to save meter. I might go either Iron man or Sentinel or Amaterasu for the third.

Also I like Iron man, but he's whatever, and I like Akuma but he's whatever also.
You're best with them because they are the easiest ***** ***** *** tank characters in the game. A>B>C launch Abcd win
Some characters require a dragon punch or something if you want to win, also they require not getting hit, meanwhile those big fatsos take like 3 full dark phoenix level 3 x factor combos and then punish you... **** YOOOOUU.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ya that's basically it cause they're like easy as balls to just murder with. And once I get level 3 it's so stupid, and Haggar assist is so fast, same with Hulk assist. I'm really just looking out for someone else to back up my point cause I wanna start with Hulk and then switch off to whoever, but not Haggar. That way I can build meter with Hulk, switch off with like 1/2 meters and then use haggar/hulk assist.

But who should I use? I don't wanna do sentinel cause there has to be an easy counterpick against Haggar/Hulk/Sentinel. Someone that zones. So I was hoping my second could be a fast zoning character.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149

yea dude im glad to see tiger actually contend again. i like mclroy* tho. as for redsox/yankees.....

**** yankees!!! we won the first game so im happy with that

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Whatever man, Yankees rule, everyone's mad jealous.

Also Tiger sucks today :( Not sucks, he's still acing certain shots, he's just not eagling the way he did or getting the birdies he used to. His short game is like almost always there, but you can tell he isn't focusing as much today.

But yea, I love Jason Day, I love Rickie Fowler, and I love Ryo Ishikawa (who, fun fact, dated my cousin BOO-YA). I don't really like Mclroy(?) though, like his attitude. I think he's a great player, but I just don't like the dude himself.

Top Bottom