• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Kay kay, so I think I have to go to New Orleans Wednesday until like January 3rd so we should chill tomorrow.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Melee is the best game. Why isn't there more Melee? Why is this world such a wretched place?

WHY!??!!!!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Also: I finish all of my grading today so I'm down to chill whenever.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo so for graduating one of my friends bought me the Playstation All-Stars game lol

Who wants to play?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
id be down to play some melee/allstars today/tonight. we only have till the 21st before we die anyways right? well the earth with blow up, but ill be ok.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
bryan let's kick it tomorrow or friday?
andy+karl lets chill soon if not tomorrow?
yawara wtf where are you dude i miss you
josh we need to play soon too
chris, brandon, pablo, paemon, babac, the rest of you melee stragglers WAKE UP. look alive out there.

hey alach11, finals and holidays are over, down to play? post here! otherwise i will hit you up on the fb to let you know about anything planned. mostly we just play casually and hang out, melee tournaments in the southwest are a fickle and fragile thing. pm me (click on my name to the left of this post to see that option) if you have any questions or want to exchange contact info.

hey i go back to ct in 4 weeks so let's smash a lot so i get back to beast coast hazy and let's chill a lot as i shall be gone for 8 weeks.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I've got family johns for the rest of the week, I'm not certain I'll have any time to hang out until next week.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Dude, in Smash 4 (Smash U?) we're going to have high-definition character icons.

Also, if I ever play Brawl again I'm going to try using Falco, even though his reflector in that game is one of the dumbest ****ing things I've ever seen.

Should definitely Melee this week though.

:phone:

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have any expectations about Smash 4, since there are a lot of factors in play that could make it go either way. I have read some meaningful interview quotes lately:

From http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/namcos_harada_smash_bros_design_is_sakurais_job
Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada said:
[...] Although we’ll help provide support on technology and other things involved creating the game, I’m currently very focused on the Tekken series. Some people might say online that I’m going to be involved in the development process or not but that shouldn’t really be an issue because the game design is going to be handled [by] Masahiro Sakurai. So I don’t understand why there would be any worries there.
Well, I can understand why there would be worries there. This makes it sound as though the Namco-Bandai team is mainly there for engineering the game. However, that could actually be a really good thing on its own, because one of the problems with Sakurai was that he didn't want to put in the level of work he put into Melee again, but now he doesn't have to do the hard work and can perhaps spend more time on better game design. We can also undoubtedly expect a more stable game engine.

From http://nintendoeverything.com/70929...-kid-icarus-can-improve-much-from-brawl-more/
Masahiro Sakurai said:
I will think about this once Kid Icarus is complete. But as it is a game of a competitive nature, I do not think that any one person should have an advantage. …There are many things that can be improved upon even in Brawl. Also, I think you can base your expectations of the new Smash Bros. once you see how well-made Kid Icarus is. The director of each game is the same, but because I regularly change my team around after projects, we will be able to see how good the team is then.
I'm not entirely sure what he means by "competitive" or "advantage". Hopefully "competitive" means the fighting game kind of competitive and hopefully "advantage" means "Meta Knight". It's odd that he would refer to Smash as competitive since with Brawl it seemed that his goal was to make the game decidedly non-competitive (even though he didn't fully succeed here). Perhaps he's accepted that Smash isn't Mario Party and people will make Smash competitive regardless of his efforts to the contrary?

Honestly, I'll probably be reasonably happy with Smash 4 as long as it's nontrivially better than Brawl (i.e., do more than remove random tripping) and has a functional online mode. What I would wish for are dash-dancing, automatic L-cancelling, and some simple way of doing something akin to a wavedash (maybe with one of the extra shoulder buttons? and maybe this could be extended to airdashing?). I'm sure they won't want to return to Melee-level technicality (which is probably smart and fine by me), but the Melee mechanics can be implemented in more technically simple ways. And wavedashing is the best thing, why would anyone not want a wavedash button?

Also, they should have given Samus's missile-launcher a hitbox during her side B.

TxZero

Smash Cadet
I'm from northern Texas but if I can get a day or two worth of games in I don't mind driving up to Norman or Edmond or whatever.

:phone:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I'm gonna be back in OK soon, and if i can't find a job by the 22nd, I'm gonna move back to New Orleans for good.

FAREWELL YAWARALEX PARTY

Top Bottom