• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
what does that face even mean? enjoy. get a picture of the scranton bill board for me

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just my personal emote. I use it for a range of stuff like mock surprise, or when I just feel witty and bored.

Going to try to get to KTAR while I'm up there, or Vinnie's Long Island tournament, or something so I don't spend the month twiddling my thumbs.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
im genuinely interested in how well you will do. how much more knowledgable are people about match ups?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Only Sonics that I'm aware of that I think are in the NE area are Speed, Wedge, and KID, so maybe people up there will know how to fight Sonic, maybe not.

The larger of two evils is how I have a very steep learning curve when it comes to learning a matchup and exploiting faults. That's my Achilles Heel on getting better. But the fresh experience by being in a NE scene will be welcoming.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i think you'll come back much better than before. Playing new people you'll see things that you didnt notice before and can potentially apply them to every character in the game. or maybe not.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Godamnit Tom, you are so politely cynical, lol.

Sonic Storm, this might just be a quirk of my preference, but I personally feel that the :V emoticon is taken more seriously when there is only one V, as in ":V" But then again, maybe you weren't trying to express what I assumed you were trying to express, and it is my fault entirely.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
We wanted to but no one (or at least Yawara, Andy, and I) was able to make it to Edmond. I probably should have called you anyway, though. My bad, dude :(

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
haha it wasn't my intent to come off as cynical. the way i play any fighter, i dont require any match up experience. I do the same thing to every character, regardless of who it is. Josh/Bassem/everybody else on the other hand require knowledge of the character.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So I think I'm gonna go to New Orleans for like 5 days.

Also everyone who hasn't asked off for the melee tournament on August 6th should do so soon cause we're gonna ****.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
haha it wasn't my intent to come off as cynical. the way i play any fighter, i dont require any match up experience. I do the same thing to every character, regardless of who it is. Josh/Bassem/everybody else on the other hand require knowledge of the character.
At least for Brawl, Falco is a rapetastic character in any aspect and so can go into a match with the same ideas in mind. I on the other hand have to work for it because I'm too stubborn to use a character with safe options anywhere other than DDD. No offense if any was implied :3

Ain't leaving for PA until tomorrow now, but w/e. I'll play Path of Radiance until then. My dad managed to clean the disc with nothing but a dry bar of soap. I'm stunned.

bassem6

Smash Lord
:VVV

How was TnT?
Worst tourny I have ever attended. 5$ entry for singles. 15$ Venue fee to enter. No official rules to go by. They kinda just asked chuck nasty to announce what he thought the rules were. I mean the rules he told them weren't bad but thats pretty unprofessional for a supposed National Video Game Association.

They also had trouble entering people's names into TIO as there were duplicate names in more than one game from what I remember. There was horrible/no seeding (I played tom 2nd round and chuck nasty and afrotastic played each other round 1 or 2). TV's were laggy. Multiple pots were missing money including smash bros and tekken.

Only redeeming thing was that the TO, after realizing that it was their fault that 11$ was missing from my winnings, gave me 10 bucks out of his own money to make up for it since I had to drive 3 hours back to lawton and it was getting really late.

It was nice seeing everybody who showed up though :)

hella gay!
Yup.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Afro didn't even get put in the bracket, so he just went and got his money back. I had to go up and ask when my match was going to be called, and then they realized that they didn't put me in the bracket. I'm the one that played Chuck round 2.
Placing doesn't matter to me since I lost to Chuck and Tom.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Rest assured that I'm gonna handle SBW waaayyy better than that.

Hopefully we can get those TnT guys to go though, does Chuck and Afro know about this tourney???

Falcoty

Smash Apprentice
Hope you guys are watching the Genesis stream.

TAJ beat Mango in winners semi's and played mewtwo against armada in finals. he lost and is waiting for mango vs h-box for losers finals.

...az ...too ...good!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Crossed the state border to Illinois about half an hour ago. 14 more hours to go.

I've never seen this much green in my life.

:phone:

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
you know in bad or older movies when there is a driving scene and the backdrop is obviously fake...in some instances so fake that you notice it repeats over and over?

that's pennsylvania. subjectively the longest state, because driving through it is like reliving the same 15 seconds of boredom for 6 and a half hours.

yep.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
At least Pennsylvania has trees and water-filled rivers, lol.

Went the extra mile, and am now in Elmyra, NY. I may move up here to PA at some point.

:phone:

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
you know in bad or older movies when there is a driving scene and the backdrop is obviously fake...in some instances so fake that you notice it repeats over and over?

that's pennsylvania. subjectively the longest state, because driving through it is like reliving the same 15 seconds of boredom for 6 and a half hours.

yep.
this is sounding alot like kansas....

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Why are you there again?
Family events, but the main reason I went along for the ride was because I was bored as hell at home and was craving a fresh experience and craving new places to see.

I may be returning to OK next Wednesday, so given the 21 hour trip, I might be back Friday. So I could possibly be good to go to DMT the following day.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i would but since i dont have a job as of this moment i would have to decline the invite to *** **** u on your home turf :p

DualCats

Smash Ace
I don't think I can be stopped. Only the tractor can stop me because nobody can stop the tractor. Can't stop the tractor.

Top Bottom