• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
omg so ive played wes and outlaw and craig..... why the **** hasnt anyone else crawled outa their safe zone to challenge tis mighty crew from another zip code?!?!? ive played maybe 3 times this whole month.... STEP IT UP OK?!?!?

btw forest.... how far do u have to be in order to catch those shinys? i have no idea about platinum i feel so oblivious to the game when i play it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Nah, I'm not buying it. If you don't freak out the second or third time I'd be surprised. There is no reason to freak out a fourth time.

I've read the manga too, and I know Ridley killed her parents, but in every other game she has been perfectly fine when he shows up.

Imagine this, You are Samus. You have all your best beams. The first time you defeat Ridley you where shocked he was still alive. But a few good shots did him in. The second time Ridley comes you're like "WTF?" so you just shoot him again and he dies. The third time, your like "Come on, you're still at this?" You shoot him again and he dies again. Now imagine you have met him for a fourth time. I think by this period most people would be like "Seriously...are you really still wanting to go at this?". So you shoot him again and he's dead again. By this time, the shock is over, and it turns into nuisance.

Shade_

Smash Ace
lol, Thanks Alex. I've thought about this way more than I should have. It's probably just because of how much Samus has tied into my child hood that I care this much lol.

The only Ridley I ever really liked was Meta Ridley from Prime 1. Best design of all his incarnations and he had concussion missiles and a snare beam! What are those?! I've never heard of them before! Or maybe it was Metroid Prime the boss that had the snare beam. Either way I thought those were really cool names for weapons.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just beat MOM with 100% completion. Love this game to death.

The second to last cutscene made me cry. I am not ashamed of it. But I am angry that that beautiful piano song got interrupted by that damn siren :mad:

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol, It's funny though when you think about it. Metroid other M was designed around the idea that ideally the player shouldn't get hit. That's a really risky way to design the game, and it really limits the replay value. I'm surprised Metroid other M pulled it off though. It worked out pretty well.

Scuddlefish

Smash Rookie
i am down to play in norman on tuesday! :D
you *****es better light up my phone, i still haven't played anyone but brett.
On a TV you finally feel horrible on :).
I need to play everyone tooo....and have more fun on a lagless TV with you Alex.

People play SC2 with me!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I'm with Kuni on the OtherM stuff... No way in hell would Samus freeze up at the sight of Ridley. This woman has blown his *** up sooo many different times. I put Samus in the same league as Mega Man, Solid Snake, Dante from DMC, Joe Musashi, Indiana Jones, and James Bond ... PURE BADASSERY. She goes in, blows **** up, and goes home. No words are needed. Just shoot things until they die, and make sure everything dies.

Sometimes, you just gotta punch, kick, or shoot dudes until they stop being a problem.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Tuesday sounds like a good day for me to go down to Norman, since Alex and everyone else are free then.

Also, I love Pokemon omg.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I finally got my BrawlBox to work, so I can finally make the BRSTMs I've been wanting to make for the longest time.

So many Sonic songs going on Brawl, omg.

DualCats

Smash Ace
For those that don't know, I'm back in town. For those who knew that already, I am still a cat.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm playing a level 8 GW on Brawl.

The ******* 9'd me during hie respawn invincibility.

The game must be channeling Curtis.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
In case people are waiting for calls, I can't play today cause I gotta hang with the girlie. Tuesday's a must though so get ready cause this ****'s about to get heavy.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
New Melee tier list, btw.

Pichu still in last and Mewtwo below Roy makes me :( and I don't even play Melee.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic can punish even more things with Dash Attack, grab, ftilt, and Spin Dash.

I like it. The Falco matchup may just become easier.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i wouldn't say easier, but it certainly cuts down time time i wait to cg MK if i can master this.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
I'm playing a level 8 GW on Brawl.

The ******* 9'd me during hie respawn invincibility.

The game must be channeling Curtis.
Yes.

PSC is something I learned from hearing about Vinnie doing it to M2K's nado with upb and getting a free upsmash out of the deal. Glad to see GIMR finally made a video demonstrating it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd like to know if Melee and Brawl is going down Tuesday and where too. I'd like to get out of my Brawl hiatus.

Top Bottom