• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
im workin massive OT this week... (noon to 11pm everyday) but if anyone wants to smash after 11 im down. only at my place or sids since i have $0 gas money.... :( also...
I NEED TO MYSTERY GIFT!!!

apparently with atleast 2 people in order to get these rare *** mother ****in shiny ***** *** rare pkmn!!! anybody wanna help me out? i need to do it b4 the 9th tho..(thats an obvious statement tho :'( ) so just txt me or let me know on the boards. zinth....sstorm....chozo....solidus.... who am i leaving out?!?!?!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The Shiny Legendary Pokemon require two people to get? O_o

I was going to swing by my local Gamestop tomorrow morning to get them for me and my brother, but if I find out it requires two people, we can probably work together and get them on the 8th, Irish.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
im workin massive OT this week... (noon to 11pm everyday) but if anyone wants to smash after 11 im down. only at my place or sids since i have $0 gas money.... :( also...
I NEED TO MYSTERY GIFT!!!

apparently with atleast 2 people in order to get these rare *** mother ****in shiny ***** *** rare pkmn!!! anybody wanna help me out? i need to do it b4 the 9th tho..(thats an obvious statement tho :'( ) so just txt me or let me know on the boards. zinth....sstorm....chozo....solidus.... who am i leaving out?!?!?!
I think ashlie has a pokemon game you can mystery gift with.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
When I got Arceus from Toys 'R' Us, I didn't need multiple people. But who knows, maybe Gamestop sucks. They did throw those terrible Brawl release tournaments.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I just read that from February 27th to March 7th you'll be able to get Celebi from Gamestop, and from January 30th to February 5th you'll be able to get Ash's Pikachu from Toys 'R' Us.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
What time is everyone showing up on Tuesday btw? Or I guess what time's the earliest we can show? Kinda wanna do a teams RR or something <.<

Also Kuni, Andy says if you go to Oh Snap he'll team with you cause he wants to and all that. Holla back at him soon so he can figure out teammate things?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
not 2 people but it does require that i have 2 "wondercards" and from what ive read u get those when u mystery gift...so i assume if i mysterygift twice i get 2 wondercards? so we smashin at hazys tuesday night? ill try and make it. no guarantees tho :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
people can start showing up at like 1pm and can stay until like 9. i have night plans already unfortunately, but since no one else spoke up to host i thought i would do what i could. i only have 1 setup, though...peeps should bring 2 or 3 tvs and melee/brawl copies :)
if you don't have my address or phone number pm me or im me

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I can bring Yawara's broken TV and his VCR, 1 GC and 1 Wii. If I can get a ride that would be great, I'd like to show up early. I'd also like Bryan to come so we can try that teams RR. I'm also feeling like I've improved alot over the month of december.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wondercards are simply proof that that game cartridge was used for the event, iirc. I think I was able to delete a few Wonder Cards I had to.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can delete wonder cards. Also, it's not that you have to have 2 wonder cards to get the event, it's that you can't get the event if you have 2 wonder cards. If you do have 2 wonder cards, you'll have to delete one to make room.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Oh Snap will have both.

I know, the definition of ****.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i like how an oklahoma smasher asks in the ok thread about an ok event.... and a tx player informs him on the ok event. lol aweseom

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Metroid's boring me now.

Haven't played DKCR in a while.

Haven't played Zelda in two months.

Got one star in Super Mario 64 and quit.

I'm getting more bored by the minute with Pokemon Platinum, and I haven't advanced in Heartgold in a long while.

And I'm quitting old school Sonic games halfway through.

Damn, anyone recommend any franchises I can try out? Maybe that remake of the first Fire Emblem if it's lying around somewhere? Golden Sun? Goldeneye?

Maybe I'm just reaaaaaally wanting that 3DS to come out already, haha

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Definitely sums up Kuni, lol.

Also, more people should play Street Fighter! I'm tired of beating up(read: getting beat up by) Chris all the time... would like to see more characters and styles than just his. Some of you guys would be pretty good at it, too. (RE: Tom)

Does Deezy still play?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'd get into it, but damn I don't wanna pick up a fighter then jet to Japan right after with no practice availability (outside of arcades where, like, people will just straight ****ing bend me and **** my ***hole).

But pretty pumped about today. I'm excited to see Alex. I wanna see Brettsies. I'm happy about seeing Karl, Forest, Bryan being there. I'm hoping Andy shows up (and I"ll tell him Kuni, but Oh Snap is next week dude, you should practice with Andy like once at least?).

<3 OK Smash Scene.

Also I gotta leave by like 6-9 so like people gotta hit me early and play with me.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Metroid's boring me now.

Haven't played DKCR in a while.

Haven't played Zelda in two months.

Got one star in Super Mario 64 and quit.

I'm getting more bored by the minute with Pokemon Platinum, and I haven't advanced in Heartgold in a long while.

And I'm quitting old school Sonic games halfway through.

Damn, anyone recommend any franchises I can try out? Maybe that remake of the first Fire Emblem if it's lying around somewhere? Golden Sun? Goldeneye?

star fox series? the graphics are so bad on snes that its hard lol

Definitely sums up Kuni, lol.

Also, more people should play Street Fighter! I'm tired of beating up(read: getting beat up by) Chris all the time... would like to see more characters and styles than just his. Some of you guys would be pretty good at it, too. (RE: Tom)

Does Deezy still play?
working on it, chris or somebody needs to bring a ps3. also forgot who my character was supposed to be. he has like the good moves of everybody, but has the lowest health, ring any bell sanybody?

also, i return to norman today. will play when/whatever.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Tom, wanna play now? I gotta drive my girlfriend into Norman cause her car broke down. Holla back with a text?

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
working on it, chris or somebody needs to bring a ps3. also forgot who my character was supposed to be. he has like the good moves of everybody, but has the lowest health, ring any bell sanybody?.
That's Seth, I believe. He's actually who I used when I played SSF4 because that's what everyone else was playing. I can't really get into arcade-style fighters, because you have to be able to do the combos to be good at them, and I get bored sitting around practicing combos. Being technical isn't very interesting to be. Plus, I'm pretty much saturated with hobbies.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm just saying these things cause your wife's worried about her safety and her kids' safety.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
When is OHSNAP? Is it a brawl or melee event? I can probably go so sure.
lol, Its only been plastered all over this thread for months in my sig!

Hey Sonicstorm. I recommend:
-Mega Man (all primary timeline series) That includes 1-10, X1-X8 (skip X6/7 if you want), Zero 1-4 (intense and beautiful titles for the GBA), and finally ZX and ZX Advent for the DS. These titles are all pretty insanely good. Even the "bad" ones are better than most sidescrolling platforming action games. If you like Metroid, Mega Man is a good option. The spinoff titles (Battle Network, Star Force) are also fun, but not the same. I Highely recommend playing Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 if you plan on playing MML 3 on the DS, as I believe its a direct sequel.

-F-Zero Series (GX for Gamecube is the height of the series for sure)
-Castlevania (2D offerings, 3D ones suck except the brand new one for PS3)
-Metroid Prime Series (skip MP2)
-Star Fox is of course excellent. SNES,SF 64 and DS. The Gamecube titles aren't as good. In
- Earthbound! (it is actually the second in the series, the first can be found on NES emulators as Mother or Earthbound 0)

the same vein, an excellent title to pick up on virtual console is Sin & Punishment. From the legendary Treasure Studios, Sin & Punishment for the N64 takes the Star Fox formula and mixes it up with alot more intensity and alot less sense! Try it! It wasn't ever released in the US until virtual console, so if you haven't played it your in for a treat. You can also check out the sequel after you play the original (Star Successor)
If you haven't played Treasure games, there are ALOT of their arcade style offerings around. Gunstar Heroes (Genesis), Ikaruga (Gamecube), more adventurey offerings include Mischief Makers (N64) and the bizarre Stretch Panic (PSX).

If you are looking for old school, you should check out these NES classics that I enjoyed as a kid. I assume you didn't play most of them since they were released before you were born. These early NES games not only cemented my love for gaming and my connoisseurship of current games, but also influence the gameing industry permanently introducing many conventions and genres you see today:

-Super Mario Brothers 3
-Super Mario Brothers 2 (with the floating princess)
-The Legend of Zelda
-Zelda 2 the adventure of link (hard as hell)
-Duck Tales (developed by Capcom, as alot of early Disney games were, this is an excellent platformer)
-Star Tropics (Kinda like zelda, with dungeons, a tropical theme, and a yo yo weapon
-

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****, they're making Mega Man Legends 3? For the 3DS?!? Holy ****ing ****.

I never actually beat Mega Man Legends 2. I got to the water level and got tired of the tedium (I hate water levels). I loved the first one, though.

Also, Earthbound is amazing. I didn't like Earthbound Zero (Mother) as much, because there was a lot of grinding involved. However, I believe there are some mods that reduce the amount of grinding one has to do for that. Mother 3 is also very good, so I recommend playing that one, as well.

If you haven't played the Paper Mario titles, I recommend playing those, as well.

Forest mentioned Mischief Makers, which is also a really good game; I had a lot of fun with it back in the day.

And lol, Forest, it's funny that you say to skip Metroid Prime 2 because that's the only one I didn't finish.

I myself have been playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, Pokemon Heartgold, and Batman: Arkham Asylum over the break.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Where's the hang out today? I might be able to show up for about 3 hours if I can get the car. I'd probably be there at 6.

And at Sonic Storm, I recommend Armored Core. This game/series has more customization than any game in the world. Also, aside from Metal Gear, I would say Armored Core has the best voice Acting in the world. This is probably because you will never see any character's faces. You just see your mech and their mechs, so everything else depends on the way you see the characters to fit the voices. Of my personal favorites, I would recommend:

Armored Core
Armored Core Project Phantasma
Armored Core Master of Arena
Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2 Another Age
Armored Core 3
Armored Core 3 Silent Line
Armored Core Formula Front
Armored Core Nexus
Armored Core Nine Breaker
Armored Core Last Raven
Armored Core 4
Armored Core 4 For Answer

But if I really had to break it down, and if you have a PS2, I would recommend Armored Core 2, 2 AA, 3, and 3 SL. If you have a PS3, I've heard AC4A was the best.

You'll also want to play Zone of the Enders The Second Runner. (One of the best mech games in history).

The Fire Emblem series was my favorite RPG series ever if you haven't tried it.

I lied, Paper Mario was the best RPG series ever! Definitely look at that if you haven't already.

Star Fox 64, Star Fox Adventures(Actually a great game if you don't nail it for not being Star Fox game play), Star Fox Assault was also pretty fun, especially the vs mode.

Xenosaga was a pretty fun RPG series. I personally love movies, so the game being half game and then cut scenes the other half was really cool for me. Some people hated it for that reason, but I loved watching the story unfold in the cut scenes.

Luigi's Mansion is a name worth putting in there as well.

OH I almost forgot, Dynasty Worriors and Samurai Worriors are LOADS of fun for hours if you have someone to play with you. I think my bro and I have used like 90% of our weekends playing those games on co-op for like 4 months at a time with those games.

Zelda 64 and Majora's Mask were the best games of the series if you haven't done those already .

You can also start watching this, it's pretty amusing and an excellent waste of time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ucDwRJXQA&feature=related

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Paper Mario

Paper Mario TTYD (The Thousand Year Door)

Mostly the first one. Second one is good too, but the First 1 set the standard the others couldn't match IMO.

Top Bottom