• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm free until school starts back up, so if anyone wants to have a Brawl + Melee Smashfest for a day at Norman or whatever, I want in.

/bandwagoncomment

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Hey guys, just wanted to remind you of DMT 4 in about a week and a half. I would love to get some more people confirmed.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
omg smash tmrw!?!?!? my place or someone elses....i would like my place just so i dnt have to drive lol. but im off tmrw so let me know whats up. as like forest i have played....not so much. tho i did play outlaws crew

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Country Returns is the greatest game I have ever played/in history, no joke.
Says the dude who hasn't played Metroid Prime!
No rly though I'm super excited to play DKCR, developed by Retro Studios, the studio responsible for Metroid Prime of course...which your still welcome to borrow but I'm out of town till next week.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I think I'll look around and see if I can find a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy somewhere, which may be hard as hell, considering the title's been discontinued. If I can't find it at a Gamestop or somewhere, I'll come get MP around when school starts.

And if I get MP from you, remind me, and you can borrow DKCR if you haven't gotten a copy by that time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I haven't touched HeartGold in two months. I decided raising a Drifloon in Platinum would be fun for a while, and it went out of control from there.

But I'm about to turn on Metroid Other M. How good a game was this again?

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
playin pkmn platinum for the first time. im really likin it altho im hating this cave after cycling road lol. i havent played pkmn since fire red so... lol

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
omg smash tonight???? my place or outlaws???? cmon someone step up and face my IRISH FURRY!!!!!

txt me 620-451-0159

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Other M is legit, I still haven't finished it though (haven't played it in about two months).
Also, me and my bro are completely burnt out on smash at the moment, but we're still defs going to DMT4 and Oh Snap and stuff. I'll see how I feel about the game after those.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm not checking the boards because my internet is mad gay, and I can't check on anything but I will say this.

Big smashfest at _____'s house this Saturday, everyone should be there including Alex, Chris, Brett, Karl, Andy, anybody else who wants to play long hours of melee with me cause I haven't touched a GC controller and played melee in like 2 weeks now or something which is bogus cause this is supposed to be Winter Break, and I'm supposed to be able to kick it with my homies playing smash.

HOLLA

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hey Karl, let's hang out soons please?
Saturday. I think I'll be back around 3. My car is apparently leaking something so I'll need to get that checked out. It sounds like it's probably radiator fluid but since I am not there to observe it, I can only make assumptions based on what my grandmother tells me. :/

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Just finished Other M.

To hell with what the majority says, I thought the script was very solid, the plot was well-conceived, and Samus was portrayed fairly well considering the aftershock of the events of Super Metroid. The 1st person find-it sections couls stand to be a bit more obvious, and Samus's VA could stand to express more emotion with some of her monologues, but after a while I treated the dialogue as if Samus was presenting an account of the events of MOM to the Galactic Federation counsel or something, and it worked on that angle from there.

Solid 8-8.5/10

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Tom's actually like really solid lol

Like, it doesn't make sense how solid he is.

And also WTF GUYS. Craig's in town, let's play melee with him sometime! He's only like the coolest dude ever. Oh yeah, and it turns out that I can't hang today because I totes forgot that today's the 31st which means that I'm supposed to be going down to Dallas <.<

Tomorrow though, I'm pulling out the stops for a get together--even at my place if need be.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if I can drive down to Norman if there's something going on tomorrow. But I probably need to know about it today.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I agree with you Sonic. You gota remember like 90% of the dialog you hear from Samus, even if it doesn't sound that amazing, is what she's thinking inside her head. Who sounds good when they think to themselves? lol Like really. I don't think anyone does. If you look at how much she actually talked you'll find she really didn't say much at all. Most people said a couple sentences to her and she really only said a word or two back. Then she thought to herself for like a paragraph (Which is what you heard). Her personality was pretty well preserved when you realize that.

I have only one major thing I didn't like about the game though. Or, it was actually maybe about Samus's character and that was when she encountered Ridley and froze up. Samus has NEVER ever froze in fear during a game. In the story she froze like once, and that was only the first time she faught Ridley when she was like 15(I think, but that wasn't in a game!). I kinda feel like it was just the Japanese wanting to put in a scene where the woman is in trouble and being thrown all over the place like in every other show, anime, movie, but that scene really ticked me off. My favorite character isn't afraid of F'n cyber dragons, or huge planet sized squids, or alien zombies, or battle ships, or even an evil clone of herself! She goes in, blows up everything, and walks out. End of story.

The rest of the game was pretty good though. I liked it. But I was sad that you didn't get any alternate endings for getting 100%.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That moment where she froze up is showcasing a classic example of the symptoms of PTSD, which came in full swing when the Baby died. And considering Ridley's history with Samus, it makes sense for her to freeze up:

Ridley kills Samus's mother right in front of her when she was no more than 7. Ridley gets away.
Samus defeats Ridley in Metroid. He doesn't die.

Ridley is reborn and reconstructed as Meta Ridley in the Metroid Prime saga, and Samus beats him anyway. He doesn't die.

Ridley comes back once again, fully revived organically, in Super Metroid. Samus basically obliterates him to pieces.

But then Ridley returns once again in MOM, even after being blown to pieces. Yes, the Ridley is a clone, but Samus doesn't know that. So Samus freezes up.

It's not the fact that she met Ridley himself freaked her out. It's the fact that at this point, after coming back for the 4th time, after apparently being obliterated, there's no explanation for Ridley coming back other than the fact that he is immortal and will always come back and try to kill Samus. I wold think that would freak anyone out, especially one who has been traumatized by prior events included killing that *******.

The Phantoon battle at the end was crazy awesome though. He had no bearing to the plot, and had no reason to come to the Bottle Ship, but I think that lack of point to it made the battle sweeter.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been playing Pokemon HeartGold. I've got a Naughty Slowpoke, know what I'm sayin'?
I haven't touched HeartGold in two months. I decided raising a Drifloon in Platinum would be fun for a while, and it went out of control from there.

But I'm about to turn on Metroid Other M. How good a game was this again?
playin pkmn platinum for the first time. im really likin it altho im hating this cave after cycling road lol. i havent played pkmn since fire red so... lol
You guys know that in the month of January you can get shiny Entai, Raiku, and Suiccune, which in turn will allow you to capture
Zoroark
in Black and White a very cool new rare pokemon (yes another B&W pokemone revealed to me against my will at Gamestop where they are advertising this)

Yo, I'm not checking the boards because my internet is mad gay, and I can't check on anything but I will say this.

Big smashfest at _____'s house this Saturday, everyone should be there including Alex, Chris, Brett, Karl, Andy, anybody else who wants to play long hours of melee with me cause I haven't touched a GC controller and played melee in like 2 weeks now or something which is bogus cause this is supposed to be Winter Break, and I'm supposed to be able to kick it with my homies playing smash.

HOLLA
I would host but I just drove 20 hours in two days, part of that in a b lizzard, I'm sick, and my house is a wreck. Sorry. I could have a few peeps over but its much to messy for anything big. Someone else host this time and I'll try and host next weekend before oh snap.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Would we actually be able to do whatever on Sunday rather than tomorrow? I was wanting to do stuff with my family tomorrow, since that's New Year's Day.

Man guys, spoiler tags, use them.

Top Bottom