• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Is there Melee? If someone is driving I might be down but I can't drive myself. And if you main Ike I wanna see that **** because he's awesome.

Also, be sure and come to Oh Snap 6 Jan 15th-16th
I don't travel out of town except for Whobo
phase held melee at first, i think it went away due to lack of interest. dont quote me on that. me + bassem and company will go for sure slaps (god i forgot your real name).
My name is Ian XD haha...

Also depending on how early we finish we might be able to re-add melee.. just need more tvs, etc... Last few Phases have ended pretty early so I think it might be possible to add melee, like I said just depends...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
My bad man, couldn't how up today cause I was stuck on campus till just now :/

But it's cool that you live off of Indian Hills cause that's exactly where I live lol

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
well I am closer to venue and it was kinda my idea to take over before he said anything and i just never got to talking to zac.. if we have it on the 18th he can not make it.. but we are kinda going to co-host we are trying to coordinate the stuff though...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
chozo im free for the rest of the night if u wanna call me whenever. also new dude from moore i live nxt to the walmart off of telephone. txt me tonight if u wanna play(6204510159).... i cant drive anywhere tonight but if u could make it over here im up all night and dnt go to work till 1245 tmrw and get off at 930.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody!
Yeah I've been gone for a while, but it's mainly cause I've been freaking out about school lately. I've been playing, just not a whole lot, so I dunno, I guess I'm about the same skill level as I was a while ago. But I heard you guys had a big smashfest last weekend, and I missed it, so lemme know if you have another one!

DualCats

Smash Ace
I was wondering where you'd gone, sir. I think I've seen you once in my life since I'm new to OK.

jacob91

Smash Cadet
I'd down to play after 3 PM today at any time. My phone number is (4054155445) for those interested, text me and let me know what's up and if it's not too far I can drive over. I'll be bringing my cousin, a couple controllers and anything else that we might need. I should be available for a while the next week as well.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I know i probably wont be free until after exams are done which is after next week?

After that though, hit me up at 504.231.6099

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody!
Yeah I've been gone for a while, but it's mainly cause I've been freaking out about school lately. I've been playing, just not a whole lot, so I dunno, I guess I'm about the same skill level as I was a while ago. But I heard you guys had a big smashfest last weekend, and I missed it, so lemme know if you have another one!
I'll be sure and let you know. You need to meet Outlaw btw, he has a pretty fierce Doc that you could learn a few tricks from.

MCSR, you should stop hanging around all of these old farts and play Brawl. Just sayin. :p
He was doing that, his name used to be MIXER, but when switching to Melee he came up with 4 letter MCSR.

I'd down to play after 3 PM today at any time. My phone number is (4054155445) for those interested, text me and let me know what's up and if it's not too far I can drive over. I'll be bringing my cousin, a couple controllers and anything else that we might need. I should be available for a while the next week as well.
I'm totally busy until wednesday night when we will be playing at 11:pM at the OU Student Union. If you can't make that I'll invite ya over later in the week.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
i think ima have the jacob and matt? over tonight after i get off. gonan try and get sidney to come over as well. DC? u up for anything? or anyone else for that matter at place after 10?

DualCats

Smash Ace
i think ima have the jacob and matt? over tonight after i get off. gonan try and get sidney to come over as well. DC? u up for anything? or anyone else for that matter at place after 10?
I've got too much homework/studying/sleeping to be doing > <

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
TOM! FOREST! CURTIS! i need someone to call me for a step by step walkthrough on getting minus and gecko onto my wii. i dnt understand some of the stuff and its easier if i have someone on the other line to explain it to me. im up all night (3-4am)

also

sidney and i played with jacob and matt today. matts got a luigi with shades of PO in it. Jacobs gotta a marth that can pick up quick on stuff Bryan or Karl could teach as well. its a good day when we get new people in the smash scene

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
zomg i wanna teach the marth player so bad! only Po holds the true knowledge to pro luigi, though, at least as far as oklahoma goes. i can improvise but i haven't learned enough to teach like master pimpus

can't wait to play new blood+people i've barely played (mscr, cats!!! :3, josh and sid's extended crew, outlaw and wes, etc) when i get back! ohsnap will be so amazing! 11 days!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
josh id help, but you usually message me when im sleeping. and i forget to answer them later in the day.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sleep? SLEEP?! who sleeps anymore? no its ok i understand i should be sleeping by that time anyways. Curtis called me last night and helped me out with everything. im diggin this wii dvd player. pretty coolz

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
omg we could finally use scud's brilliant idea of starcraft format crews, lol

each crew drafts, and we set up matches depending on how many people there are. like if there are 8 people, we could do best of 7 where no person could be in more than one match...and do like a melee teams match, 2 melee singles matches, 2 brawl single matches, and a 64 singles match. or something like that. would be beast, IMO, would involve both scenes, would take good strats, and would be fun for all. we could always just do one brawl and one melee crew battle with mixed teams, but we did some brawl crew matches using this format one night and it worked out really well.
this is where its at, guys

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I cosign Pablo's cosign of Alex's cosign of Brett's idea for crews.

We should do that next smashfest, fo sho!

PO EDIT: Forrest, can you hook Pablo up with a Sabin avatar? That Master Chief one is somewhat disgusting to me, lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
****ing thread killer Dphat.

Man, Im' about to bomb this essay LOL I can't start it. If it's not Fallout, it's Angry Birds or Itunes or ROM videos or some other ****.

*making an origami dragon*

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We should all play a game that does cater to us.

But srsly, we're gonna break whatever game they release. The question is whether or not we can break it and still have fun.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Fly Amanita's reply was exactly what I was thinking, albeit with better spelling and grammar not quite as obnoxiously sardonic. He also four-stocked me last time we played. Fly is a wizard.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Breaking games and taking names.

In the end, I think all he's said are just excuses. If he really was worried so much about balancing gameplays and ensuring that a competitive scene could readily be stifled, LOL DDD chaingrab on half the cast???

Honestly, I don't think Sakurai's that bad of a dude. I have a sneaking suspicion that the reason why Brawl's so floaty is linked inextricably to his Boss's announcement that the game would be WIFI-able without conferring with him which, in turn, delayed the game's release and (I suspect) changed its gameplay. And I'm pretty sure that since he's a Japanese dude in a Japanese company, he can't exactly **** talk his boss, ya know?

Like, seriously, does everyone remember how the game looked when the first trailer of it came out and Mario was like comboing people with (back then) his down-b after grabs and u-air chains? And then when the game came out, the first thing everyone noticed was that you couldn't combo at all?

*insert shifty-eyed conspiracy theory here*

Shade_

Smash Ace
If his boss is Shigeru, (Which I don't know. I was under the impression he ran the whole game) then I doubt Shigeru would have cared either way.

I seriously think he purposefully wanted to make it not melee, and the end result was brawl. It was different, therefor it is better/acceptable. (I Don't know what that's called in psychology but I know this concept exists cus no picks the standard color scheme for their character. People now have their own terrible color hacks actually).

Anyway, you know what I really think happened-

Sakurai was really proud of what melee had become. Watching everyone play and have fun with the game he took solid satisfaction in his work. He himself also took great joy in playing with his friends. He was the best in the game-testing team and took great joy in defeating his circle of game companions. A little while later after the release he wanted to see how he stood in the competitive arena. The first tournament went well for him. As the game designer and lead programmer, he had knowledge of L-canceling, crouch-cancel, ledge-canceling, jump out of shine, dash dancing, and a plethora of techniques which no one else understood. Taking first place in singles and teams sucked the proud game designer into the fold. Tournament after tournament the crowd slowly cough up with him, but he could still keep up with knowledge of the game's engine. Unfortunately his days were limited, and his edge would disappear as the average gamer became more adept with the new physics and techniques of the gameplay. Confident in his abilities, he hosted an international tournament inviting the best from around the world. His hopes were high and ready for any who challenged the agility and precision of his fox. The first match was close and he took it with a shine spike gimp. The second match ever more grueling as he realized that Peach's down-smash did 44% damage to him. Still, through run-away lasers and up-smashes he straggled to his third match. It was then he encountered a Marth Player who did nothing but chain-throw him on his favorite stage Final Destination. Taken by surprise he rematched the player confident if he avoided the grab he would be OK. To his demise though he learned it was lost, as there was no way to avoid the initial grab. Still holding on to the glimmer of hope in loosers bracket he vowed to make it back to finals and destroy the Marth. The next match was against the same peach who he had sent to loosers. There wasn't a single doubt in his mind but it was too late. The Peach had learned from the Marth, and Sakurai was again Chain-Throwed to death. The lost was devastating to him. Holding rematch tournaments, he tried and tried but there was no more hope. He practiced his tech-skill, but like so many he just couldn't get the hang of those wave shines. Realizing he will never reach the tech-skill like those who defeated him, he then vowed never to make a game he couldn't be the best at. During the development of brawl he had one thing on his mind. Destroying what separated him and the melee players that took his money. Fearing unexpected glitches similar to wave-dash and wave-shine he felt more was needed to cushion his chances defeat...a fail safe...This fail safe took the form of Metaknight and now here we are today.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
After Kevin and my post, everyone else needs to come up with an alternate creative conspiracy theory. <.<

NEW GAME GO GO GO

Top Bottom