• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol dang we need to make this community bigger like seriously next tournament anyone goes to in Oklahoma we should tell them about smashboards.

Ummm I'm hosting a smashfest at mah place so if you all want to get wrecked then come on!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Last night and today I think I may have come up with a new trick, its not quite as good as my last trick (modified gimp), but I believe it will help me in future tournaments. We'll see at Phase 2 since MK is legal.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Last night and today I think I may have come up with a new trick, its not quite as good as my last trick (modified gimp), but I believe it will help me in future tournaments. We'll see at Phase 2 since MK is legal.
So who from oklahoma is attending Phase 2?
Just PM me how many are attending and need housing
(I'll most likely house OOSers for Phase 2)
So throw me a PM or leave a message in the southwest travel plans so I can get everything arranged.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I do if Chris is going with Tom.

Then it'll be Me, Bryan, you, and maybe Lil Will? Post on the travel plans board for Oklahoma, I"ll work details after Tuesday.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i challenge anybody below me to a PR match.

Its pretty simple

3/5 matches
neutral stages
no counterpicks

If you beat me, we switch PR spots. Have yet to think of what to get if i win though....

For example, if will challenges me and loses, his gold watch is mine!

muahahhahahahah

PS
offer good once per smashfest and i am trying to 2nd peach. I am aware she probably doesn't cover falco's bad matchups.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Does this apply to people that aren't ranked as well? Because if so, it's on like Donkey Kong...

Will, you may just get skipped over, son.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
people who aren't on there are below me. Po, id like your yellow hat.

Just kidding, maybe.

oh yeah, i should perhaps clarify.
By no counterpicks I mean characters, so pick your characters wisely (id suggest your main).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I would take you up on that challenge, and pick MK.

And I don't even live in Oklahoma, but I wanna be on your PR list.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
geeze, now i gotta make up some new rules

Given MK

ledge grab limit: 5/set
stalling is if you're not running at me.

2nd thought, I wouldn't mind being on TX PR.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
i challenge anybody below me to a PR match.

Its pretty simple

3/5 matches
neutral stages
no counterpicks

If you beat me, we switch PR spots. Have yet to think of what to get if i win though....

For example, if will challenges me and loses, his gold watch is mine!

muahahhahahahah

PS
offer good once per smashfest and i am trying to 2nd peach. I am aware she probably doesn't cover falco's bad matchups.
You'll never EVER get my watch son its to good for you. :laugh:

But I will take you on.

AND A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ELSE
I will not be losing to any of you ever again I will be number one on that list my MK is gonna be the best (like no one ever waaaaaaaaaas!!!!) I am going to use whatever my character can get away with so since people think he is a broken character then so be it I'm going to plank, air camp, my spacing is going to be hella good, I'll only be using safe lagless options so I will never be open, basically im gonna be an *** in brawl now because I'm tired of losing.

It's time that DPhat's gay training ways are put to use **** it lets go you're ALL getting wrecked and I wont stop till I reach the top!

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Lil.Will...There are easily 3 tournaments coming up in the next couple of months...Expect the PR to change.

Whether it's for or against your favor...that's up to how you play. But trust me...you need to impress people if you care about the ranking.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
dang tom

A whole 5 edge grabs in 3-5 matches.

If i were to do this what would you want from me? :o
Don't know, but probably something you dont value sentimentally or cash wise. And this only applies to MK =)

You'll never EVER get my watch son its to good for you. :laugh:

But I will take you on.
I don't really want it, cause i personally dont like watches. Just bring something that you dont value.

I'm going to plank
Given MK

ledge grab limit: 5/set
This is going to end before it even began =/

Does this apply to people that aren't ranked as well? Because if so, it's on like Donkey Kong...

Will, you may just get skipped over, son.
I'd probably just want a pokemon battle from you if i won

Ill keep track of this stuff on my sig.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol Tom, why not just make it 20 grabs per match instead of 5?

If it's 5, y'all *****es are gonna get ****ed up by Tom. You can't plank vs CHARGED F-SMASH NOW!

Can we also put in side bets as to how we think people will do vs Tom? And I'm guessing Tom's only going to use Falco? If that's the case, I'm predicting . . .

Po vs Tom: Luigi vs Falco.
YD vs Tom: Marth vs Falco
LW vs Tom: Metaknight vs Falco
DMG vs Tom: Interestate PR take over.

In my head, the Marth vs Falco matchup seems the most staggered and easiest for Tom to lose, but to counter that, Tom' probably playing on a full moon now, and he should put something huge on the line against Deezy to make him more nervous about losing.

Actually now that I think about it, everyone else can potentially have more to lose from this. If Tom just makes the stakes in his favor.

For instance, vs Po, he could just ask for all of Po's EV trained Pokemon with perfect stats to be traded to Tom. Only to be deleted in his face.

Vs Lil Will, Tom could make it so he can't play anyone that's high tier and above in tournament from now on.

And vs Young Deezy . . . I guess he'll have to pay a $10 entry fee to go to Tomfests from now on?

Either way, if Tom raises the stakes, the pressure's on.

And I'll house some people for Intimakill. Anyone else?

[edit]
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=51663266&page=1&tc=MaxedChic

Pretty interesting.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
20 is a pretty big number. At OHSNAP/MGC ive counted ledge grabs and they were a pretty low number, under 15 infact. But having 5 unnecessary ledge grabs I think would be enough. I do not consider MK using drill rush to come back as unnecessary, as it is usually from a distance.

I thought I should mention one other thing about my PR matches. They will be taken in the order requested. So Po will be first, DMG, YD, and LW. This is cause if Po beats me, than people will start competing for pretty much nothing.

Don't worry though, Ill see DMG fairly soon.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
No but dude, vs you and your edgeguarding . . .

Also 5 unnecessary is hard to define because having to grab a ledge is usually because you're forced to so it's not really unnecessary. If we're gonna make it a fight, then 20 times should be a good enough number or if you wanna make sure that it's a man's fight then make it like 10 or something.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
No but dude, vs you and your edgeguarding . . .

Also 5 unnecessary is hard to define because having to grab a ledge is usually because you're forced to so it's not really unnecessary. If we're gonna make it a fight, then 20 times should be a good enough number or if you wanna make sure that it's a man's fight then make it like 10 or something.
Sars right 20 is a super low ledge grab limit.
Anyways Tom MKs can alway plank you in the air without grabbing the ledge.
Anyways is oklahoma seriously going to let whoever beat tom on the pr?
If so.. I may want to participate lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, next PR's coming soon, I don't care lol Afro didn't want to be on the PR, he's excluded. If Tom wants out, he's excluded but of course, there'll be a note about it. And probably a story. Maybe a separate thread.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Dude, next PR's coming soon, I don't care lol Afro didn't want to be on the PR, he's excluded. If Tom wants out, he's excluded but of course, there'll be a note about it. And probably a story. Maybe a separate thread.
Wah?? You must tell me more when you get into Dallas.
Anyways what time should I be expecting you guys to come in?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It depends on when Chris leaves, but since it's OU/TX I wanna leave either Thursday afternoon or Friday early.

People in Oklahoma should post in the travel board so I can plan. <_<

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just need to talk to people . . . I'm pretty sure Bryan's good to go anytime, but I'm not sure about like Tom and Chris. I thought they were definitely leaving Thursday which is why I wanted to leave the, but Brandon has to leave Friday it seems?

Brandon do you have a phone yet? lol

[edit]

BTW, I want like 8 people to go to Dallas if possible. Right now we have 5. I think people who could go are like Paul, Hailey, Bassem, Lil Will?

Like frigging 4 states are coming to this, it's like Oh Snap 5.1 or something.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Sars right 20 is a super low ledge grab limit.
Anyways Tom MKs can alway plank you in the air without grabbing the ledge.
Anyways is oklahoma seriously going to let whoever beat tom on the pr?
If so.. I may want to participate lol.
I define unnecessary as after grabbing the ledge from what is probably a drill rush, you drop and its followed by an up air, or you drop and its followed by a dimensional cape.

And air camping will result in disqualification of the entire set, which is why i defined stalling as not running towards me.

Also Andy, you may challenge me for my PR spot.

Perhaps if TX allows it, DMG will beat me and than you could become #8 in TXPR?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just left Norman, but I did get to play KP and Grant today.

I think KP's still good no joke. I think his Marth's pressure game is better as well as his perfect shields

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
Just left Norman, but I did get to play KP and Grant today.

I think KP's still good no joke. I think his Marth's pressure game is better as well as his perfect shields
nothing about grant? i guess ill get too see it for myself next time i see kyle.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I don't think Grant plays as much, but I think his edgeguard game is his best as well as his tech chasing. It's just everything else.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, here are the iffy plans.

Thursday night: Bassem, Bryan, me leave at around 5-ish.
Friday at 4-5 ish: Chris, Tom, and Brandon leave.

Lil Will's not gonna make it, but Bassem--who's gonna be in Dallas anyway--might be able to make it with us.

HOLLA!

[edit]

Go to wikipedia and look at the featured article.

Top Bottom