• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I forgot to ask what I should work on as a player overall when I was at Dan's smashfest...

But anyways I noticed something that I should keep on doing well at and TONS of things that I should keep from doing as a player lets see if you guys agree with me:

I'm going to start out with the good first since there is not that much :laugh::

I have some good spacing- I get alot of compliments about it so I think its safe to say I'm really good at spacing hell I remeber back at OH Snap when I had a MK ditto friendlies with DPhat and he told me "Your spacing was really good but I think I'm just a smarter player than you." Which made me happy. At the end of the Norman monthly I remember Deezy saying "I remember one time it was your MK vs my Marth and I started getting frustrated because your spacing was so good." And if I remember correctly when I frst played Daniel in a tourney match against his Wario he said "PowaStar your spacing is too good."

I'm a pretty good defensive player- I don't really know what to say about this much I just get that alot.

Thats all I know whats good about me basically now for the bad.

I need to keep on the pressure: Yeah I tend to get told when I'm pressuring people I tend to just back off for no reason and start just messing up during the match basically I can't really hold a clutch I guess.

I try to hard to play perfect- when I played KOS-MOS in MK dittos at Dan's place I just gave up before I even lost a stock he just racked up a ton of damage and I was like "**** it I can't do this **** hes too good I suck." I've also done this against Tom's Falco, Dan's Wario, and I did it against KOS-MOS' and Yawara's Snake just because I got camped I tend to just give even when I'm like 30% down or something.

When someone is pressuring me I don't know what to do- Pretty self-expalnitory

Im to flashy when I play

I need to stop being a tier *****- This right here really gave it all to me I use MetaKnight I like him since he is in the Kirby games and all but I don't really like him that much to actually main him which why I think I don't do well in matches when I play as him, which is why when I lose I tend to just get more angry because I always expect to win with him most of the time. When I was over at Dan's smashfest I decided to use Donkey Kong against Zinth (I used tons of other characters too but this character is what I want to represent.) I love fighting MetaKnights I just don't love using him I guess... when I used Donkey Kong I had a blast even though I was getting tornado'd around the place I was still having fun. I was playing simple and playing exactly how the match-up was supposed to be played (I think..) but anyways. When I used this character I was able to actually think like a player I don't know why when I used Donkey Kong I had the mindset that I could **** MetaKnight 100 times in a row like MetaKnight had nothing on me but that mindset made me happy as a player if you heard me while I was playing I was screaming out some stuff (that was hilarious to me) and just feeling good. I never really feel that good when I play MetaKnight sometimes I do (Like if I pull off a cool gimp or something) but most of the time its like wow I won with a character that I didn't really want to win with... Mostly I started using MetaKnight more and more when I realized on the boards that any character I touched was considered trash (around the time when the MK ban disscussion was heated up basically before I introdcued myself on the OK thread.) I had that mindset that no matter who I used I'm ****ed MK wins at first I used him as a secondary but now its basically like I main the guy like I can only rely on this guy to win thanks to that little mindset in me. Basically what I'm saying I am quitting MetaKnight (as a main I still want him as a secondary because I like him just not as a main if that made sense...)

I noticed after playing brawl yesterday I liked these characters alot-

Jigglypuff,Ness,Wario,Sonic, Yoshi, and Mr.Game and Watch ( I like him the most)

In Melee I noticed I liked Jigglypuff, Falco, Roy, Ness, Yoshi, and Mr. Game and Watch

and in SSB64 I like Jigglypuff, Yoshi, and Ness

Lol most of them are REALLY trashy characters but yeah you get the picture don't expect to use Metaknight alot I'm going to play to win to the fullest but also use that characters that I am in love with.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol

Lil Will, don't overthink it man. You're a good player, you just need to work on the agro along with the defense is all, and you've gotta apply more pressure. The spacing's there, but I think the reads need more work, and your MK's legit. Don't worry about being a tier ***** dude, use the character that fits your style the best.

If it's MK, then it's MK.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
I really would love to main meta knight.

But it seems my Marth is always better, and if I lose I would always say "I could have won that should I have used Marth."

I feel more at ease against snake falco and possibly dedede with MK. Depending on the gayness of the falco.

Basically I think I should main meta but i cant because im not as good with him.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I really would love to main meta knight.

But it seems my Marth is always better, and if I lose I would always say "I could have won that should I have used Marth."

Basically I think I should main meta but i cant because im not as good with him.
I am the exact same way. Which is why i decided to screw secondaries and take the bad matches head on w/ falco. Even though at the next smashfest im going all peach unless i get mad, or in a PR match.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Deezy, just use MK to cover up the matches you hate. Like DDD, MK, Snake, and Marth. Win with Marth against everyone else.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I would really like to main Meta Knight (or Snake) as well. I have fun using him...

but my best character will always be Peach...which is ********.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Like Bear Title says Kosmos.. Shut up *****, Swallow.
But nah Kosmos whenever you come in town I'll give you as much advice as I can with MK if you're seriously thinking about picking him up.
Anyways TBH I think you should stay Peach for a majority of the MUs and just learn MK purely for the Bad MUs peach got.
It's easier to learn 3-4 MUs then 36, and I'm pretty sure your peach got alot of MUs down due to the wide variety of characters in Oklahoma.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
I would really like to main Meta Knight (or Snake) as well. I have fun using him...

but my best character will always be Peach...which is ********.
im challenging razer again to a "kosmos treats me like everybody else match and doesn't go peach" match

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of losing at around 5 so expect me around 3?

PM me your address dude.

[edit]

>_<

****!!! Got a ticket, didn't get a warning. Stupid.

[double edit]

This dude stole basically everything I was thinking about doing in one match except for a diddy edgeguard technique I'm thinking of. But WTF my hand burns when I try this ****, and he's doing it every second. Maybe he changed controls? <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HknGtbA-qPk&feature=channel

[Super edit]

--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251719 <--

Eh, if anyone's interested, we can submit and Oklahoma combo video. Get the best replays you have on SD cards and send them over to like Bryan or something so I can put them on my computer.

We probably have enough footage of replays to make a good combo video, but at the next smashfest, let's have a recording station set up just so we record as much as possible.

The clips we already have ready are like:

The new Bassem Combo
Weird **** YD puts up on youtube
Chris vs Gnes 1 ending (LOL)
Me teching MK's shuttle loop 5 times and living
Kuni shinespiking with Wolf
etc.

But I think if we want really good clips up, we should focus primarily on the stuff we want to showcase with our mains. The other older vids will be supplementary and may be used as fillers, but let's get good footage up asap. And don't like play characters you obviously won't when we record and don't submit clips that aren't at some way pertinent.

Like for example, I don't wanna see Bryan playing TL vs a computer or some ****.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*Reads last couple of pages... sees a bunch of *****s learning Metaknight...*

**** Y'ALL *****S.

That **** is mad gay, son... How about instead of using Skill Crutch to get through a difficult situation, how about growing a pair and learning how to deal with your own skill, intelligence and ability.

People gotta stop being afraid to lose.
I swear, none of you will ever get any better relying on Easy Mode to bail you out everytime you run into a bad situation.

Also, unless you're trying to get on a PR somewhere(lol, :psycho:), losing ain't gonna kill you. Po loses EVERY MATCH HE'S EVER PLAYS, and I'm still the Baddest Mofo In The Southwest. I'll prove it again by losing every match @ Phase 2, but being too awesome for it to matter.

So yeah, what was I rambling about?

*Er, uh, nevermind... must be getting old or something... Stay off my lawn, Deezy!*

Besides, learning Metaknight was my plan!!

Gnes

Smash Master
I'm sorry Gnes / Keith / Greatness I don't name search stuff in my own region (that's just stupid). I'm just a huge troll that's all. Anyway GNES rate this pic of this guy for me please. <3 ***... lol
LOLZ!!! neither do i punk :mad: though i did pay a visit to the lair of Enemy Controller a couple of minutes ago. Cant wait for Doom to call me out on it.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna lie, like, MK's not really as viable of a strategy as it used to be cause you have to be really ****ing good to play MK now.

In TX, there's probably like two MK players period (Dojo and Dphat, both start with D's). And that used to be like the example state of why MK should be banned.

As for here, there was a time when Josh used MK. That's kinda over with. The only dude who plays MK in tourney here now is like Bryan, and he hasn't won a tourney yet (sorry dude lol). MK's not really a crutch anymore. He's more like someone who's broken if you're phenomenal at the game. If you're mediocre and trying to win, MK's probably not your best option. It'd probably be your main, and as of now, I'd consider two kids to be MK mains.

Shade_

Smash Ace
True, Bryan will still give you a hard run for your money though.

Combo vid sounds great, this will be the what, 8th attempt OK has had at creating one? lol.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
*Reads last couple of pages... sees a bunch of *****s learning Metaknight...*

**** Y'ALL *****S.

That **** is mad gay, son... How about instead of using Skill Crutch to get through a difficult situation, how about growing a pair and learning how to deal with your own skill, intelligence and ability.

People gotta stop being afraid to lose.
I swear, none of you will ever get any better relying on Easy Mode to bail you out everytime you run into a bad situation.
Don't wanna be mean, but what happened when you went all MK at my place?

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol dang tons of people are gonna go learn how to use MetaKnight I aint scurred bring it!!! Love fighting MK's (for some odd reason...:laugh:)

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's why I don't really think Meta Knight johns are very legit anymore. If Meta Knight really broke the game, then I would beat superior players like Chris and Bassem regularly, and Po's Meta Knight wouldn't lose to my random Luigi (LOL, sorry bro).

Lol, hopefully we can actually pull the combo vid off this time.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Fox is always gonna be muh boi~! and always has.

I've started to get better a melee again, and I need to practice up on brawl, ESPECIALLY my timing. it sucks.

plus I can't keep up pressure worth a **** in barlw

:3

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's why I don't really think Meta Knight johns are very legit anymore. If Meta Knight really broke the game, then I would beat superior players like Chris and Bassem regularly...
You're smarter than that...Don't make stupid comments.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
yeah i agree w/ bryan. heck i remember even saying this last time we had an MK argument.

Person X loses
Person X: Im going MK!
Person X loses worse than they did with their main...

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
You're smarter than that...Don't make stupid comments.
I don't see you making any smarter comments, SIR. :081:

And man... to approximate the sum of the series ∑n^-1.001 so that the error is less than 5 in the ninth decimal place, you have to add more than 10^11301 terms... that's a huge ****ing number of terms... or anything, for that matter.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yo Lil Willy will, when are you gonna come hang with me, Alex, Chris and anyone else who wants to play some melee? I'll be open to give falco tips :-O.

What's up this weekend?

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I don't see you making any smarter comments, SIR. :081:
I'm not sure that that means anything to me, Bryan...

The MK argument lies in that MK is a character with an unfairly large amount of advantages over the entire cast in Brawl, not that people can play better with MK than you. Once you get over yourselves and start thinking about what the "MK Ban" was really about, then you'll get it. Otherwise, right now it's useless for me to try and convince someone who thinks of themselves on something that has nothing to do with his or her own personal skill level or that of the people around him.

Aside from that...We should all start making traveling plans for NoKoast.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i have thursday, friday, and saturday off work.

i have brawl, melee, garou 8, smash64, wargods, mvc2, tekken 5, etc...and need to play some fighting games. hit me up :o

Shade_

Smash Ace
All of my characters, Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ike, Fox get wrecked especially hard against MK. Unless I'm on FD in which case it's almost even. While wolf goes slightly disadvantageous in the best situations. I think a good MK does counter certain characters, or maybe Bryan is just an entirely better player than I am. lol probably the latter.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Yo Lil Willy will, when are you gonna come hang with me, Alex, Chris and anyone else who wants to play some melee? I'll be open to give falco tips :-O.

What's up this weekend?
Lol I though we were going to do it last Saturday? Anyways I'm free today and Thursday so hit me up at: (405)-509-1851.

Lol and I'm feeling Jigglypuff now so if you know how to use her then tips would be appreciated.

PrettyBoy=Marc

Smash Rookie
Prank Call Time!!! I got your number Will, im going to put your phone number on a bunch of internet sites, bathrooms,etc. For example, 42''Flat screen for sale reasonable price, just ask for Will.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice

What's up this weekend?
i have thursday, friday, and saturday off work.

i have brawl, melee, garou 8, smash64, wargods, mvc2, tekken 5, etc...and need to play some fighting games. hit me up :o
Yo Chris, melee and wargods this thursday sounds good?

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Prank Call Time!!! I got your number Will, im going to put your phone number on a bunch of internet sites, bathrooms,etc. For example, 42''Flat screen for sale reasonable price, just ask for Will.
Hahaha if that happens I'm going to laugh my *** off. :laugh:

Ok lets see here the next OK tourney or smashfest I am MM all MK users woot!!!! ($1-$5)

Rules:
I can't use MetaKnight
Basically SBR's ruleset so yeah follow that
MK ledgegrab rule is limited to 30 (I think thats resonable unless you disagree)
Only the loser can switch characters
3/5
I want it to be recorded (so I can learn from my mistakes)
You can only use MetaKnight

Hmm I wonder who I will use... :)

I'm doing this because I don't think people play me seriously so maybe if I bet people will actually give me their all stop holding back I want to be good this mostly driectly goes to you Chris. :)

Lets have some fun with this so Anti up!!!!!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
can't go to Phase 2. Family just said they were coming

Chris/Brandon
Pending on when my parents leave, i may leave to dallas anyway to take care of MM's and MGC if you care to join me for that.

Top Bottom