• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hahah yea Yawara, I hope Flash beats Bisu..which he probably will, then we get to see more lol.
You watch any of the "GSL?"

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The hell's a GSL?

And yeah, Flash will probably win, but I really want Bisu to advance along with him. I hate July, he just seems way too smug. And fat. And I would love for the returning champ to be knocked in pools. As for much, LOLOLOL

1st game, one base carriers
2nd game, all sorts of cheese vs flash
3rd game, WTF @ beginning LOL If uly didn't see that, he would've been toast, and if he would've put one more cannon or pylon or produced like 2 zealots up top, he probably could've stopped the lings.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Hate? nurrrr.

Yeah it was sick. 21-0 at half? Effin wild. I thought USC was one of the few teams who might be better than us, too.

EDIT: Maybe write an article in the paper about the burdens of being #1? Haha.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm not sure if this will help, but with regards to the ohsnap tourney...

I live a block or two north of campus, so if it would help to drop some people off where I am and just walk to the union, that could work. Also, I can (almost positive) get parking off campus for free. The catch is it is (kinda) far. Probably just under a mile from the door of my bud's house to the Union door (Boyd and Berry). Can get 1-3 cars in there. They've sold parking to one game in 3 years so I doubt they'll do it that weekend.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
USC has always been consistently overrated because of their conference and because of their ridiculous recruiting classes. But I watched games of Sanchez and that supposedly prolific defense earlier this year, and I wasn't really that impressed. I didn't think Sanchez was really better than Leinart, and I felt that their offensive got overwhelmed a bit.

But man that last USC drive really scared the **** out of me. That was like a minute long drive for a touchdown, and you know that on onside kicks, anything could happen. So glad they lost though. I always ****ing hate USC. They've got a lockdown on the national championship every year because they play in the pac-10 (same with OSU and big 10), while we have to sift through Kansas, Mizzou, UT, old Nebraska, Tech, etc. and all my SEC favorites have to play SEC teams.

And dude, I wish I could, but I can't cover sports v_v God how I wish I could especially after last season when a number 1 team was brought down, like, 8 times?

And dude, that'd be awesome actually. That would actually help a bunch, and also we have to keep in mind that we don't know when the game actually starts . . .

Gravity

Smash Ace
if you ask nice and tell me before 4:30 i might be convinced to pick you up. its kind out of the way though.

also, gt, yes or no? ill assume no if i dont hear anything before i go to work.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Call my number at 504-231-6099 for details man. It'll be hard for me to land the exact address for you though.

Gravity

Smash Ace
wait, yawara, are you gonna be there?

ill be there sometime after 11.

i dont know the exact address but if youre on the way i can give you a ride. but im not leaving till i get off work at like 10-10:30.

-edit- its at bretts place right? i just remembered he moved, does anyone know his address?

if i cant figure it out ill give you a call brett on my way down.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
USC GOT PWNED

that was too good, i thought they were gonna choke in the second half, because the stopped the little leprechaun and drove down for 2 touchdowns early 2nd half
OU #1 FTW
we are set (hopefully) until we reach texas tech (them cheating little noobs)... but we lost to colorado last year, so who knows

i think I have bretts address lieing around here somewhere

oak street i think.. apartment # 1800 something
ill find it shortly

Shade_

Smash Ace
i wont be able to make it to the smash fest today, i know its friday but I got to finish all my math homework, study for my psy test on monday, and finish writing my english homework by monday as well. And I like having my satudrdays completely free so i can just relax and do 3d modeling, so i'm super busy this weekend.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I thought you wanted to see Andy Kuni <_<

And wtf, you just had a math test. And you said you're having a busy weekend, but you also said you're not doing anything saturday.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah thats what i was thinking too. and i wanted to see kevin as well. i guess doing nothing saturday is more important? but what about sunday?

sounds like johns.

ill call you when i get off work and well talk. im picking you up regardless, so be prepared.

-edit- also, that sucks gt. anyone else want a ride down (thats on my way)? i dont want to drive to norman alone.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i get off work between 10 and 10:30, and well be back by 3-3:30 tomorrow.

also, can i get your address brett?

Shade_

Smash Ace
I still have to do the homework for the math test i just took because i haven't finished it yet. And when i say doing nothing it means making models, i haven't touched any of my projects in like 2 weeks because of precalc and i'm not exaggerating any of that. Also, i got a small speed reading class that i have to wake up for at 8 30, that lasts till 12 on saturday, usually i don't have anything on satuday though.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yawara is someone going to pick you up? How are you getting to my place...also do you have any tapes you could bring. We could try out recording on my TV, since it has a built in VCR thing.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I'll go next weekend, this weekend just is a bad time. Math is actually the smallest big assignment i have this weekend surprisingly. And i know for a fact wed end up playing smash instead of doing math if i went today brett lol.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
omfg@first presidential debate

YAWARA!

it was like, mccain saying obama had no experience, obama responding by laying out 4-step plans, mccain lying about obama's voting record or statements, obama , and mccain ending by talking about how great he is. it was amazing how badly obama pwnt mccain's ***** ***.
i kinda want to start a mccain lie list...not including lies directly about obama, which exceeded 10, i've got:
america is the highest export/import company, we have a sound fundamental economic structure, scientific research is a bigger waste of money than tax cuts, being able to veto every spending bill with confidence as president, tax cuts to the poor corrupt the poor, giving tax cuts to large corporations will create american jobs, america pays the 2nd highest business cuts, iran is about to start the 2nd holocaust, a president should never threaten a country (he later went on to talk about changing iranian government), experts would say every diplomatic mission requires preconditions, kgb exists, he supports alternative energy fully, and not a lie but just stupid: america is not as susceptible to a terrorist attack as it was on 9/11/01.
feel free to add to the list.

it was a bad foreign policy debate in that the first half was about the us economy...i really enjoyed the debate strategies of both candidates though: mccain never made eye contact and obama kept refering to senator mccain by his first name. it was almost like psychological warfare, and i love all that business. according to press AND viewer polls after the debate though, obama won, in a field (foreign policy) that was supposed to be mccain's strongest area. please god, let me have a president who isn't evil!

edit: won by like 65% to 15% lol!

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Man, I wanted to catch the debate, I'm glad Obama won...
I just don't know if he'll win, I want him to, but I see all these idiots around me who are pro McSame.
I wish I was a senator, because then my vote actually WOULD count

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Last night, Pauls Valley beat Marlow at football. Marlow is ranked like #6 in the state, or was ranked #6, but we changed that. :) It was awesome.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
I've been hearing if Georgia beats Bama by a pretty good margin today they'll leapfrog us in the polls to 1.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to everyone that showed up, it was great. Yawara hopefully next time we can get 2v2 SC going :-/ that's so weird with that new patch. You might try downloading it from the blizzard support website, where you can do it specifically for the mac.

Keep it up Dillon, nice job in teams :), you're getting better.
Andy, we didn't play :(.
Chris, you didn't perfect Dillon.
Zinth, learn SC, don't hate life.
Kuni, thanks for coming at least for awhile.
Hanson, you're hott.
Yawara, I already said your name.
Alex,.....:(.
Everyone else should have come.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry you had to take me back, next time i'll make sure i have a ride back at a certain time before i go. It was fun otherwise.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, i found one of my dream cars for sale. i guess ill talk to the guy tomorrow and see how much he wants.

anyway, it was a fun smashfest and all that.

Top Bottom