• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Just came back from the H&C tournament. Thanks to all of those that came.

Also, I'm never having that Mario vs. Sonic match again. Mario's recovery is too risky as proven in that match.

The Pokemon Trainer that shown up was freaking awesome. He had the coolest matches there.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm bringing my camera to OK, and I expect to have epic group pictures at every smashfest now >_>

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Sorry I wasn't at MGC, I was at that other tournament, which I didn't think would last as long so I'd have been able to go to MGC, lol <_<;

I got like 4th place. I lost to this Dedede player in winner's, then I played him again in loser's and used Meta Knight and won, and then I played Hanson, who won the whole thing, and lost. I might have gotten a game off of him, too, if I didn't suicide at the beginning of Delfino Plaza <_<;

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I've been informed that this thread doesn't get like 50 emails saying somebody has posted so I am back. I sort of wish I went to the MGC tournament. I took 2nd and split the prize w/ hanson. Once we learned about the gift certificate we just screwed around. Random vs. Random, which turned out I was capt falcon and he was luigi. I was ganon and he was Ike, and one semi serious match. He won all of them =/. I'd say it was alright. I landed some epic footstools when I actually planned to do it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I've been informed that this thread doesn't get like 50 emails saying somebody has posted so I am back. I sort of wish I went to the MGC tournament. I took 2nd and split the prize w/ hanson. Once we learned about the gift certificate we just screwed around. Random vs. Random, which turned out I was capt falcon and he was luigi. I was ganon and he was Ike, and one semi serious match. He won all of them =/. I'd say it was alright. I landed some epic footstools when I actually planned to do it.
Ah, so you're Max Power... wait, I had already figured that out before on OKGamers after the Tulsa tournament, xD

Also, I discovered that most of life's problems can be solved by playing Meta Knight more.

Brawl videos are kind of boring to watch, though =\

Wow, I almost made a double post, good thing I realized that I had just posted º_o

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Haha yeah. If it makes you feel any better, I don't even watch them at all. I feel like i'll be restrained by them.

Ah, so you're Max Power... wait, I had already figured that out before on OKGamers after the Tulsa tournament, xD

Also, I discovered that most of life's problems can be solved by playing Meta Knight more.

Brawl videos are kind of boring to watch, though =\

Wow, I almost made a double post, good thing I realized that I had just posted º_o

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, Chris won... AGAIN.... sigh... but, this time, he really had to work for it, as Marc definitely brought his A-Game. I wound up having to fight Marc in quarter-finals in what was probably the best match I've had EVER. Each match was total war, coming down to the last stock, high percent...

We both busted out some awesome combos and epic kills(ledge footstool FTW!), so even though I lost, AGAIN, at least I enjoyed myself.

I expect to see everyone at next weeks last event. Yes, that means Kuni, Bryan, and yes, you too, Andy. Heck, maybe Babac and Paemon will show so I can tell them how much they suck in person.

Also, I have guaranteed that Chris WILL NOT WIN NEXT WEEK. This I promise. You better hope you don't get matched up against me before the final, or else you will be going home disappointed...

One last thing, they interviewed us after the tourney, and we had some hilarious trash-talk sessions. I really hope they find their way online, because that was some vintage, almost Babac-esque level of put downs...

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I feel important, thanks po. lol
More people should've gone to that HxC thing today.
My sonic still raeps... other sonics
BTW I learned something similar to bryan, when in doubt use snake.
As for next weeks mgc, I'd probably need a ride.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Me, Hanson, and Zinth will be there as well, so watch out Chris!

Well, Chris won... AGAIN.... sigh... but, this time, he really had to work for it, as Marc definitely brought his A-Game. I wound up having to fight Marc in quarter-finals in what was probably the best match I've had EVER. Each match was total war, coming down to the last stock, high percent...

We both busted out some awesome combos and epic kills(ledge footstool FTW!), so even though I lost, AGAIN, at least I enjoyed myself.

I expect to see everyone at next weeks last event. Yes, that means Kuni, Bryan, and yes, you too, Andy. Heck, maybe Babac and Paemon will show so I can tell them how much they suck in person.

Also, I have guaranteed that Chris WILL NOT WIN NEXT WEEK. This I promise. You better hope you don't get matched up against me before the final, or else you will be going home disappointed...

One last thing, they interviewed us after the tourney, and we had some hilarious trash-talk sessions. I really hope they find their way online, because that was some vintage, almost Babac-esque level of put downs...

Gravity

Smash Ace

wait is it next saturday? as in 7 days from 2 hours ago? if so i dont think ill be able to make it. ill see what i can do. im curious to see how id fare in a brawl tourny.

probably terrible, but well see.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
you'd be surprised. Usually the people who were really good at melee pick it up pretty fast. I was talkin to hanson about this the other day, for some reason people don't quite pick up some concepts I believe are basic (like side-stepping and air dodging). I don't really understand why, but it happens.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Brawl tiers don't exist lmao, seriously though these are funny looking...
I think people get really lazy after the low tier, they're just like "**** that, who actually plays these characters"
It's kind of annoying.
As for next week's MGC, bryan wanna give me a ride.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Brawl tiers don't exist lmao, seriously though these are funny looking...
I think people get really lazy after the low tier, they're just like "**** that, who actually plays these characters"
It's kind of annoying.
As for next week's MGC, bryan wanna give me a ride.
I wanna see! I only saw one tier list that hanson showed me on here. not alot of people were ranked as highly as i thought they would be.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I usually end up on the ledge for some reason. Usually because I'm DI-ing through the air and find that I have no safe way to hit you and end up having to grab the ledge to avoid getting attacked.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I too noticed a lot of edge game from you JB (monshou)
If you weren't fairing me through the air you were baiting me to the edge.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Hm, if thats the case. I'd suggest to fair less. Where falco does have the chain throw, he has to be really close to get it in. As for other players, they can shield grab you really easily after fair or nair i think. I could be wrong.

It's a bad thing if it's predictable. I'll get better. I found that I didn't have much trouble adjusting to offline gameplay (I usually play WiFi), so hopefully I won't be afraid to practice.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Hm, if thats the case. I'd suggest to fair less. Where falco does have the chain throw, he has to be really close to get it in. As for other players, they can shield grab you really easily after fair or nair i think. I could be wrong.
I need to slow down on the fairs myself,
In my match against one of those mexican dudes I just kept fairing his Wario EVERYWHERE.
But thats Wario I guess, I generally don't fair so much against other characters.
All I can say to you JB is to grab more, and use tilts.

Shade_

Smash Ace
The tourny was fun, I still get just as excited when I used to play melee as my matches were pretty close. I didn't win but I didn't expect to in the first place. But I decided that I'm gona stick with just 2 main characters.

All the matches I lost were fair in square in my best level against my best characters so I wont john anything. I do have to fix a lot of things with my wolf and falco though.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
The tourny was fun, I still get just as excited when I used to play melee as my matches were pretty close. I didn't win but I didn't expect to in the first place. But I decided that I'm gona stick with just 2 main characters.

All the matches I lost were fair in square in my best level against my best characters so I wont john anything. I do have to fix a lot of things with my wolf and falco though.
You never played your wolf against me, I was sad.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
You would have won either way. And anyone with a reflector is my worst match up.
Maybe, wolf is good w/ his f-smash as a dash attack, his laser cant be reflected cause it doesn't go far enough in the opposite direction, and his laser is a 2 part attack i think. I'd pick him but I hate his dash attack, its like another up smash.

Gravity

Smash Ace
guys, just spam fairs and pray to all that is mighty that your opponent trips more than you do.

oh yeah, and be metaknight.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
guys, just spam fairs and pray to all that is mighty that your opponent trips more than you do.

oh yeah, and be metaknight.
Andy, that's not how you play Brawl unless you're Lucario, and even then, it won't work against anyone with half a brain.

And people, get off of Metaknight's nuts... that ***** ain't ****. I can guarantee you that if any of you try that Snake/Metaknight crap against me, you will lose. Unless your name is KOS-MOS, or Marc, you won't be beating me with that lame-*** camping crap.

That was another interesting thing about yesterday's MGC: No Metaknights or Snakes, even though we brought our Wiis with all the characters unlocked.

I guess people in OK actually care more about developing their own style rather than follow what the ALMIGHTY SMASHBOARDS TIER LIST says... Good stuff indeed...

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Andy, that's not how you play Brawl unless you're Lucario, and even then, it won't work against anyone with half a brain.

And people, get off of Metaknight's nuts... that ***** ain't ****. I can guarantee you that if any of you try that Snake/Metaknight crap against me, you will lose. Unless your name is KOS-MOS, or Marc, you won't be beating me with that lame-*** camping crap.

That was another interesting thing about yesterday's MGC: No Metaknights or Snakes, even though we brought our Wiis with all the characters unlocked.

I guess people in OK actually care more about developing their own style rather than follow what the ALMIGHTY SMASHBOARDS TIER LIST says... Good stuff indeed...
Yeah, every wii at the HxC tourney had everybody unlocked, and I didnt face one. I was sad.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I think OK *does* have players that care about their own style. Shade was beasting with Link, and there was a Pokemon Trainer rising through the brackets as well. If I wasn't such a huge Marth fanboy outside of Smash, I would be maining Lucario.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I think OK *does* have players that care about their own style. Shade was beasting with Link, and there was a Pokemon Trainer rising through the brackets as well. If I wasn't such a huge Marth fanboy outside of Smash, I would be maining Lucario.
I have a TL and an olimar in the works, does that count?

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Yes it does, especially Toon Link. I am also bumping Fox up as my main secondary. And there's King_GT and his Sonic running around, so that nets a couple of style points.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Yes it does, especially Toon Link. I am also bumping Fox up as my main secondary. And there's King_GT and his Sonic running around, so that nets a couple of style points.
especially toon link? Olimar is alot harder, but funner, to play than TL. I just like risking big money w/ TL

Shade_

Smash Ace
My link is just for show but thanks monshu. I was surprised to at the character choices I saw too. I thought there would be lots and lots of wolfs f smash spamming and snakes and metaknights everywhere and stuff, I think aside from my brother I was the only one I saw.

I highly doubt this is normal though, and i am sure if we went to texas or somewhere they would use most of the characters we thought we would see.

I have to say after these tournaments i really like brawl better than melee for two reasons. Its much more diverse in characters i see. And the size of the group that attends highly outclasses that of any of the tournaments we had in our state previously. Plus they have tournaments so often the fun never ends.

Oh yeah, and Po, I bet I can still camp pretty well against you. Lets just go to bridge of eldon and let me be falco.

Top Bottom