• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
So, waveshinespike lives in Paoli does he. We PV kids have been around for a while, and have been to OHSNAP 1, 2, and 3. We would love to play sometime, and there are some vids on my Youtube page from a while back of me and my friend Dylan, AKA Akasuna No Sasori, playing some melee.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Auddy7

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol, so your not going kosmos?!?!?!??!?!??!?! Who will give me a ride then....

Oh and monshu, I didn't see the cost of admission for this tournament. What is it?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Bruce Wayne's Lamborghini is totally awesome. However, I prefer the Batmobile in the older Tim Burton movies to the new "Tumbler" Batmobile in the newer Christopher Nolan movies, though it is still cool.

The movie was totally awesome btw, even though I don't like how Batman talked, even though it made sense.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Ouch dude, sorry man. I remember when I did that, and my dog was 14 years old, and so was I. Got that pup for me, and we had to do the same. <3

And @ Bryan, there are only 100 of those, that model. The Raventon???

And I love this one better to be honest lol The Tim Burton one was way too . . . weird looking. I hated it at first, the new one, but now I love it. It's . . . American? And yeah, the voice sucks. Christian bale as batman is a meh, but as Bruce Wayne, he's ridiculous.

Edit:

For melee people:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Hu0tr_4dI

Gravity

Smash Ace
It was Eva. According to the vet she had bone cancer in one of her ankles, that had already metastasized to the lungs. The only other option was amputation and chemo which would have only bought us a few more months, and we figured amputation on such an old dog with hip dyslapsia as well was borderline cruel.

I chose to be in the room when they administered the injection, i dont know if that was really a good idea, but my dad told me a quote that pretty much summed up how i felt: "Fear is temporary, regret lasts forever"

Anyway, its a real downer, but life goes on.

i feel as if i should end this post with something on a different topic and cheerier, but i cant think of anything to say.

AfroTastic

Smash Apprentice
For those showing up to the HxC tournament would anyone here thats showing up wanna play melee?
I was thinking about bringing a setup but wasn't sure who was showing up from the forums.

No i don't smoke pot but i sure look like i do.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I agree Andy.

My grandparents basically took my dog to the vet after a long period in which they didn't know what happened to him. Turned out he was suffering actually the past year from cancer, it's just it tried to be strong and didn't really show symptoms til the last 3 months. We knew something was wrong since his appetite and such were down, but I just thought he was old.

Anyways, they took him to the vet and put him down without me being there. When they got back, I was shocked. That dog grew up with me my whole life. It was pretty bad that day.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ah, cancer is a piece of ****. It was the reason we had to put down our first collie, probably the reason our Irish setter died, as well as the reason we had to put down our first dog last Summer, who suddenly began to show symptoms after our Irish setter died. It also recently claimed the life of my aunt.

I think you did the right thing by being in the room when they administered the injection; that's what I did with the dog I had to put down last summer. I think it shows your care for the dog and that what you're doing is what you believe to be in its best interest. Also, that quote you mentioned is a really good one.

Also, that M2K vs. DSW set was freaking intense, those two are just too effing brutal. What I want to know, though, is who knocked them into the loser's bracket to begin with.

Also, I think that I'm going to have my (really late) birthday party this Saturday, which will basically be a Smashfest (with computer games too) with cake. Everyone is invited, especially Yawara.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Also just to put this as a side note:

My dog died a while back (obviously when I was 14). That was the time the Chinese evil dog food was still around. My dog also died from Stomach Cancer, and I know a LOT of other dogs that had the same fate. Just throwing that out there to see if there's any similarities among y'all.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Cort for both.

DSW vs Cort was all Cort.

M2K vs Cort in WB Finals was just a ******* off Falcon ditto.

[edit]

>_> I just DP'd for you son!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
>_> I just DP'd for you son!!!
I do not understand what this means.

And ****, it just dawned on me that when I was playing Paemon at MGC in the third game at Pikmin level I could have used the priority tornado instead of up b when I ran out of jumps and lived. I guess I'm not used to using a character with such a good gay recovery.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So did you guys look at the results for FAST1? m2k won brawl and melee.
I want to see more videos from that tourney!
When are we going to have a tourney?!
Is it going to be up to me to start one? (I havn't heard from Pablo in forever :()

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, he got over a thousand dollars.

According to people I've talked to about FAST1, Brawl singles were boring lol They said the most cheering in Brawl singles came when a Wario player farted and that's all. Nobody really cared besides that. Where as Shiz vs M2K apparently was the loudest thing ever. Especially the tech counter.

Man, I love Melee.

And DP'd =/= double penetration <_< Double Post son!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah Melee is totally awesome. It's intense to play and intense to watch. Because of games like that M2K vs. DSW set, I can forgive its flaws.

And is it just me, or is M2K really the only major active pro Marth out there at the moment? Though he plays as well as several, especially in this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHxMOV_8Z8 and this one for that matter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMehTzveoRw Man, it's so cool to watch a good Marth play. Kevin, we can play Brawl at OU, but we have to play Melee, too <_<

Brawl can be fun to play, but it just isn't as satisfying or exciting as Melee. Incidentally, however, the more I hate Brawl the more I want to improve at it, so I won't be giving it up any time soon. However, Melee definitely has the front seat for me.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
When are we going to have a tourney?!
Is it going to be up to me to start one? (I havn't heard from Pablo in forever :()
It's terribly over due (not only for Smashers, but for the SRKers as well), and I really wish I can say I'm working on it. Does anyone know if Hanson still has something planned for this summer? If not, you may have to be the one to step up to the plate.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
DDR is cool. I got the one for Wii (shut up <_<) for my birthday, though I'm really only starting to play it now since I moved it to my room. It feels so cool to hit a quick and varied stream of notes, it feels like you're stepping on the arrows themselves.

Also, I bought FFIV DS today, woo. It looks like it'll be totally awesome. I just hope that they remaster FFVI for the DS, too.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
A tourney would definetly break this terrible drought.
Its gotten to the point where I'd go tone even if it were in Paoli.
How is that FF4 bryan, I still need to go hunt myself a copy.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh, when I said a thousand, I meant ten thousand.

According to someone I spoke to, he supposedly made +$10,000.

That's absolutely insane guys.

[edit for bryan]
I don't think I've actually seen a Marth utilize the bair nearly as well as m2k. Not azen, Ken, Eduardo even digging back in 2004 vids.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Bryan, GOOOO to the tourny, pick me up and then we go at the same time!!! YEAH ......I need a ride dude lol, and you and andy are like the only ones that my parents trust to take me lol.

Anyway fine I guess we could play melee to, but I haven't touched that game ever since we went to bretts house. I'll keep to my style of laser spamming, maybe it has gotten more effective since melee players are probably less use to it now than ever.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Kuni ( <-hopefully not temporary), your parents DON'T TRUST ME?!

Brawl tourney on saturday? You guys better win then!
Pablo SUP?!
Heart Alex, that's an awesome name for your wow char. We willz hangz.

Top Bottom