• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Scud

Smash Apprentice
101z @ the quote and at the MK technique.
I only got 3 hours of sleep and I'm at work...I saw batman :-O.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
“What I find what is fun about music [games] is when you really get into a good rhythm and you have a great time performing. But the challenge is then, how do you do that in a way where people don’t have to worry about hitting the wrong note or making a mistake? So, that’s really been our focus with designing Wii Music.” - Shigeru Miyamoto
so wii music is to guitar hero/keraoke revolution what brawl is to melee all fighting games?

lame.

because IRL, musicians can **** up all the time and be successful. especially cover bands. people love those.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
That, and I don't really see the point of performing if there isn't any skill involved. What is the purpose in watching someone do something that you could just as easily do yourself?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
so wii music is to guitar hero/keraoke revolution what brawl is to melee all fighting games?

lame.

because IRL, musicians can **** up all the time and be successful. especially cover bands. people love those.
lawl, alot of musicians nowadays can't even perform a basic scale, and they become succesful.
I wish I grew up in the days where rock was still evolving

As for wii music, I just don't like how it looks so far, resort looks interesting though especially with the sword fighting

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Don't even want to talk about wii music. Learn to appreciate hip hop and stop being a whitey. Saw batman, it's bad ***. Dr. Yawara sounds tight.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
*SIGH* @ all the Brawl hate... Bryan, were you not at a BRAWL tournament just seven days ago where Marc and Chris delivered non-broken, non-gay *** performances? I won't get into all of that(even though I just did) and just say,

What, Meta-Knight DIDN'T WIN?!?! PEACH DID?!?! IN A FINAL THAT DID NOT INVOLVE ANY GHEY STUFF WHATSOEVER?!?

THAT'S UMPOSSIBLE!!!

Yes, Batman kicked eight different levels of ***... Best comic-book movie EVER, hell, one of the best movies PERIOD in years... GO SEE IT NAO!!

Also, Megaman 9 and The World Ends With You are the only things giving me hope that companies can still make great games when they make GAMEPLAY(What's that?) their main focus rather than all that other crap that makes consoles cost 599 US DOLLARS or whatever their charging for these overblown paperweights that just churn out sequel after sequel of boring-*** crap.

*END OLD MAN GAMER RANT*

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
*SIGH* @ all the Brawl hate... Bryan, were you not at a BRAWL tournament just seven days ago where Marc and Chris delivered non-broken, non-gay *** performances? I won't get into all of that(even though I just did) and just say,
Hey, all I said about Brawl was that it's funny how the best characters are always the ones with the ridiculous techniques :o Which was also the case in Melee (read: shine). Everything after that was about other stuff, like Asians and Wii Music. Though to be honest, it did kind of feel like Chris and I were just both spamming fairs in the finals, and all I was doing against Marc was spamming fairs and downsmashes. Somehow, though, it was still entertaining to do. Everyone participating needs to bring their Wiis to the event this weekend, though, so we can have some matches with our real characters.

Our air conditioner is all wonky now and started producing smoke, so now my house smells like a barbecue.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Also, Megaman 9 and The World Ends With You are the only things giving me hope that companies can still make great games when they make GAMEPLAY(What's that?) their main focus rather than all that other crap that makes consoles cost 599 US DOLLARS or whatever their charging for these overblown paperweights that just churn out sequel after sequel of boring-*** crap.

*END OLD MAN GAMER RANT*
Sad face, Sonic Unleashed is 50/50 nao
BOMB DIGGITY BAD ASSERY during the day, ****ty were-hog DMC hack-n-slash gameplay during the night.
Supposedly it has something to do with the system's internal clock, so I'll find a way around it.

As for a house smelling of bbq, that'd be amazing

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
for the few of you that actually play brawl online

you should pm me with fcs so we can brawl (melee>brawl.. but i haz no1 to melee wif... O:<)

snake is top tier, brawl is middle tier, sonic is sonic tier.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
lawl, alot of musicians nowadays can't even perform a basic scale, and they become succesful.
I wish I grew up in the days where rock was still evolving

As for wii music, I just don't like how it looks so far, resort looks interesting though especially with the sword fighting
well obviously 95% of music on the radio for the last 20 years could have just as easily been composed and performed by ******** **** monkeys...i'm just sayin', there's a definite like between playing a song and not playing it, and by tapping 1 or 2 buttons to pretend to create over 50 possible sounds, you're just fooling yourself. of course, the 95% of crap only play 2-3 chords per song, but at least they aren't fooling themselves. (see: ramones)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

Anyone here besides like Brandon, Marc, Chris, and Babac like hip hop besides me? Bryan? Kuni?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
*pound*

Auddy and I are brothers for life, and I'm not joking. The hell's Paus Valley? We should hook up some time.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
pauls valley is 7 miles from me!

wewt! some one close!!! it is a miracle

paoli is god tier, garvin county is top tier, norman and okc are mid tier, stillwater is low tier

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Paemon beat me with Meta Knight at MGC. I now believe that I have the right to hate on Brawl as much as I want.

Also, lol at scrub piece and ******** **** monkeys.

And no, as far as I know I do not like hip-hop. You might have to have me listen to some of it when you come back, though, so I'll know more specifically to what you are referring.

Also, I guess that makes Edmond Meta Snake tier.

And yeah, the mechanics of Wii music sound really stupid. Nintendo seems to be catering most to little kids, old people, and people who are bad at video games. I mean, sure, they still have Zelda, Mario, and Metroid, but for me, those games last only as long as it takes for me to beat them, and then maybe get all of the extras, which is a very finite period of time, indeed.

I want just to play Melee and Sins of a Solar Empire. I might give Starcraft a try, too, since it sounds kind of interesting. Maybe I could play it at Brett's sometime.

And Meta Knight is gay.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
edmond=high tier

in fact norman=OU=top tier

i demand we put all of oklahomas counties/cities into tiers.. as well as galaxies, countries, and apples.

also, no1 answered my question, does any1 here actually play brawl online? i haz no1 close
(cept mai frinds+Auddy) to play melee with >: (

i only have 48 friends online... i need moar, plus itd be fun to actually beat some people that could destroy me in melee

brawl takes 15,000,000,000 times more technical skill than melee FACT. all who disagrees should tell me, so i know whos house to blow up [/sarcasm]

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yawara: I think I like some hip-hop...would have to show me what you are talking about.

Bryan: I'm totally up for teaching anyone starcraft.

Dillon: You should practice techskill in melee at home some and come over next smashfest so we can play

Alex: did you see my IM?

Paemon: wtf?

Pablo: hearts.

Everyone else: bring it *****z. I'm scared.

Edit: screw n1gg42 for being censored or whatever you call it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Brawl takes technical skill, but it's a stupid kind of technical skill. Like, when I was playing Pay$ in a MK ditto, I wanted to dsmash, but because I was pointing the analog stick down, it dtilted instead, which was completely useless in the scenario. Brawl's technical is more like "conform to our ridiculous bull****" rather than doing cool/gay tricks. And like, not getting stuck under the edge of FD.

I would play Brawl online, but the lag makes it even more unfun than normal, and no one is ever online and I don't feel like getting FCs. And "With Anyone" mode sucks. Nintendo online just plain sucks.

However, as much as I prefer Melee to Brawl, I still don't think that Melee was a perfect game and had lots of room for improvement. I mean, no matter what you argue, I still believe that the characters were fundamentally unbalanced; I mean, Brandon would probably have had a great tournament record if Luigi could compete with the likes of Marth, Fox, and Peach. Still, Melee wasn't too obscenely unbalanced, and with some effort they could have shaped it up. They really could have done a lot with Brawl, but instead they made "everyone wins" bull****, except it turns out that only people who play MK/Snake/Chris win. And Chris didn't even win against Dr. Mario Kart's MK! Though DMK is on the TX PR panel and has a pretty impressive track record, but its MK so I don't care. Though a PT player won that tournament, which to this day astounds me.

I'll still play Brawl, though, just because it's the mainstream thing, though I'm actually like it less with each tournament. And of course I'll still play Melee, too, since that's where I get my competitive satisfaction.

Norman had better = top tier.

Also lol, there were some people whom I had never seen before who'd come up to me and be like "hey are you Zinth?" and I'm like "yeah, how do you know that?" and they're like "you're 9th in the state!" It is lolz.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
i dont lag much.. and when is does input lag is ftl, just plain lag isnt bad, its when you press to f tilt with snake (lulz) and they rolled like 5 seconds ago (rolling and brawl is like wavedashing and melee...) makes me O:<

brett: melee techskill practice vs cpu is BORING!... and its hard to when all your friends dont require tech skill to beat -_________- i will practise tech skill at your place... or if any of my hometown friends get any better.... hard to do when your playing ppl far better or far worse than you are.. GIMME SOMEONE WITH EQUAL SKILL, RIGHT NAO!

@zinth (lol forgot your name lol.. after hrdxcor thinking i think i remember.. bryan?) :icies win... chain grabs are top tier, nana is bottem tier everything is in tiers.. including tier lists

and i played chris once in brawl and it was an ffa and he chain grabbed my fox then b aired be into a gaddish throw -___-... he hax inputs with 15 mil buttons per nanosecond to pull a gaddish everytime... i swear

and it takes loads of skill to not get edge owned by fd.. if fd (brawl) replaced fd (melee) ken would get caught underneath the edge everytime he moved, even if he is in the center of the stage.. he will teleport underneath the edge without his jump and his dolphin slash will be reduced to the length of yoshis up b, resulting in automatic 4 stocking

with anyone is absoluty an abomination to god, i want to find sakurai and push him off a cliff yelling YOU MUST RECOVER while activating LANDMASTER to PK PUNCH his friends moves... lol

brawl online is fun... when there is no lag involved.. i still cant use icies alternating throws due to the
1/4th second input lag, and wifi sucks.. but the game rawkz.. melee top tier/brawl high tier/wifi sonic tier (sonic tier is just like meta snake tier.. but vise versa lol)

pt winning tourneyzz? you mean this isnt melee 2.0 and everyone can win?!? THIS IZ SII STUPID I DEEMANDZ MAOR MELEE BOCKENNESS ...
most people who defend brawl and say its better... werent very good at melee (im not good but hay... brawl=no hitstun= noobs can win moar often)

long post is ovah nao

super edit: since alot of you have aim i might as well get me one.. if i can

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is a simple game. The extent of its technical skill is either character specific techniques, or small universal techniques that aid in basic play, rather than anything game breaking, so even with techniques you need to play it like it's simple.

Brawl's poor character balance has a ton of gay, but if you have to play in a Brawl tournament for money, it's not impossible to overcome. I enjoy Brawl despite its many chain grabs (spacing helps against these), though lag has been making me question how good I actually am at the game, as I lose adaptivity ability during high lag, and I wonder if my opponent lags if I do well.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Brawl is not meant to be a competitive game, so they purposely made it to where everything is easy to do and slowed the game play down for a speed almost anyone can comprehend. Outside of a tournament I don't think you will find anyone that plays brawl competitively.

I went to a Japanese high school class and asked the class if any of them played smash bros brawl and I'm not even joking when I saw everyone including the girls raised their hands, but none of them were competitive, they just like to scew around on it with their fiends to pass time.

Despite all that,i still love brawl and I really want to go to a tournament but no one told me about the tourny. I want to test my new and improved laser spamming falco, and grapple beam spamming samus.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Cool, uhh is there any way someone could give me a ride over there? That would be awesome but if not then I might be able to have my dad take me but I am not really sure.

Oh and yowara, hip hop is ok, as long as it has an actually melody to it, a lot of it is just like fast rap with not much more than monotone talking. So yeah tell me a specific song cus I don't like it all.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
kuni i might have to start calling you kevin if you can't even spell yawara right...it's japanese...

AfroTastic

Smash Apprentice
Well all in all i get no response except from sars who thinks i smoke pot.
Well if the OKC tournament goes bad we should bring some sexy melee action, i have yet to feel the outa city smash players wrath.

Top Bottom