• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey brett, can you beat dragonforce songs at 1.0x yet? if so, try body breakdown...ive never played it before, but its now my favorite stepmania song to play.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Chris, you forgot Bowser and Yoshi :p Also, are you going to be in Edmond tomorrow morning?

Spectator mode does look like it could have a lot of potential.

Also... OU has this *****ass organ. It's pretty awesome... at least from what I saw on the slide show.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Organ?!?

I dun see no organ! And if you come to OU next year, you have an extra special serving of me.

Gravity

Smash Ace
so i downloaded a ****ton of stepmania songs... and its been loading for the past hour and a half. isnt that something. its reached the S's though. an hour ago it was at the D's.

well it just finished, and a ****ton is apparently 3589.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I still need a ride to OSC if I am to make it ¯\(º_o)/¯ Since my sister's birthday party is today and my parents are too busy preparing the house.

It it's not in anyone's convenience to give me a ride, though, then that's ok. More time to sleep and work on school projects, I suppose :embarrass

If anyone can give me a ride, though, call my cell (641-8496).

Also, I had yet another dream in which I played Brawl, and all of the original characters (except for Ness) were in it, but a lot of them were 8-bit, such as Marth and Roy. And Marth seemed to have more magic attacks than sword attacks.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Andy, why did you have to choose this weekend to get grounded? <_<; And why did you even get grounded in the first place? Your school is easy! ¯\(º_o)/¯

And Chris... stop going to OKC before tournaments! :o

But it's all good. I had a good nap, and dreamt I played Brawl again, xD Bowser was totally ****.

So, what does Zinth do when he gets bored? He plays tournaments against CPUs who are all red Marths... and he apparently starts to talk in the third person, as well. It's weird, it lets the competitors be the same character and color (without alternate lightness) in tournament mode, so it should let that occur normally in melee mode as well.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, first off. . .i didnt choose to be grounded.

secondly, my being grounded has no relations whatsoever with my gpa or any sort of homework or grade related anything.

thirdly, if i wasnt grounded i probably would have done something i deemed more important than smash.

fourthly, wavedash.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
****, it sucked without people like Bryan, Andy, and Marc. It was a pretty well-run tournament, and a lot of thanks to chibi for hosting it!

Muthaf***ing chib! Good ****! Your bro (Loc) has a LOT of potential, kid had me playing for real, he improved like crazy since MGC and OHSNAP3. Very good.

teams:
1. Chris/Brandon (OMG, Brandon!)
2. Pablo/Brett (aka, boxer and yellow)
3. Babac/Paemonster

singles:
1. Chris (as Brandon would say, "surprise surprise")
2. Brett
3. Pablo
4. Yawara???

Edit: Moore represent! Cid is too good. Kansas is no place for Irishdudes.

Gravity

Smash Ace
oh my god, that was amazing. did you see those sh double lasers by fox? holy crap.

also sh isnt misspelled according to firefox.

-edit- this wont mean anything to anybody but brett and coty, but i just got a toasty. in a stream of sixteenth notes. at 210 bpm.

a toasty is basically 250 perfects or marvelous's in a row, and 210 bpm stream means 840 notes per minute, which is exactly 14 notes per second. which means i got the 250 notes in a little under 18 seconds.

basically i just felt like bragging, plus noones posted in over 3 hours...so yeah.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Good games to everyone that went, and I think my Marth has finally stepped up its game in Oklahoma. :D

Finally think I'm 3/5's the way to breaking into Oklahom's elite circle.

[edit] @ Andy

One time I got two ingrown toenails at once. Yeah, no one here can beat that, can they? >_>

Gravity

Smash Ace
I can come close, once i got three days off of school because i convinced my mom that i had an ingrown fingernail.

Gravity

Smash Ace
you know it.

ill even go one up and do a falcon ditto too.

lets put some stakes on them too. loser has to keep his shoes on all night long

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Andy, you know you can't sleep with me with your shoes on.
The tournament went pretty well. I was glad to see lots of people we didn't know :). We probably should have introduced ourselves more and asked them to look at our thread here :-O. Anyways, I had fun playing everbody, but I wish kuni, andy, and bryan could have made it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i better win then, since sleeping with you is one of the highlights of going to your house to play smash.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol

OU is so friggin easy, but I haven't showed up to like a month's worth of class so I might end up with lower than a 3. Also, calc II is hard <.< Stupid revolving objects around X and stuff . . .

But I am trying to start on a 15 page essay due by friday.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
1) more homework. and i'm allergic to homework.
2) while most professors are fair, some professors are *******s and don't know how to rade, either doing it terribly wrong or playing favorites
3) most of the above said professors will teach your least favorite class subjects*
4) you don't want to study often since there's always cool **** going on on-campus
5) you've accepted that you won't get an A no matter how hard you try**
6) so many reasons

*note "Alex's 'History and the Humanities' Rule"
**note "Alex's 'I Studied for 6 Hours For a Latin Test and Got a B-' Rule"

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
But I am trying to start on a 15 page essay due by friday.
That's a lot of pages <.<; What class is it for? And what's your major?

1) more homework. and i'm allergic to homework.
2) while most professors are fair, some professors are *******s and don't know how to rade, either doing it terribly wrong or playing favorites
3) most of the above said professors will teach your least favorite class subjects*
4) you don't want to study often since there's always cool **** going on on-campus
5) you've accepted that you won't get an A no matter how hard you try**
6) so many reasons

*note "Alex's 'History and the Humanities' Rule"
**note "Alex's 'I Studied for 6 Hours For a Latin Test and Got a B-' Rule"
Wow, that sounds kind of ridiculous. Though, I've almost never studied at home, but I still mostly get A's... not that I'm saying the same will apply for college.

But yeah, everyone is saying that senior year at my school will make freshman year in college easy, but iono, even our extended essay isn't fifteen pages O_o We haven't exactly had a lot of homework, either... just a lot of big IB stuff and deadlines.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i wrote multiple 20-page papers for my senior year of highschool in my english program. but since H&H sucks, and the professor really sucks, my 4 page paper got a B- and he wrote "good job, i wish you would have talked more about Diodotus. Also, you included nothing about the Menelian Debate." good thing my whole paper was about the Menelian Debate so...wtf?
also, my high school english professor would give me a bleeding paper with an A. because she knew how to grade, and what i could improve on, and how i did things, but could tell if i thought about the paper, instead of make sentences out of notes i took in class, which is how people got As in my H&H class.

college just isn't fair, i think, is the thing. so 2 rules
1) only take classes that will entertain you enough to do the homework in
2) ALWAYS check ratemyprofessors.com*
3) balance study time and split it up so you actually remember what you read instead of just go through it wondering when the pain will end
4) bother professors about your grade until they change it. score.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Dude, Bryan, in my experience at OU, you don't have a lot to worry about.

I believe I'll do well in the end because there are a lot of dumb people here >_> And at the moment, I'm doing engineering but I'm switching to professional writing. I'm not a real asian . . . I don't yearn to do math or DDR . . .

And yeah Alex, Latin =/= fun. Especially Latin grammar. Translating wasn't so bad, but holy hell latin grammar is a pain . . .

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Po would like to start this post by saying thank you Chris for being awesome enough that you can win even with a five-time loser like me on your team. You're just too good, I don't know what to do...

I would also like to apologize to anyone who was expecting a challenge from me. I really only wanted to team with Chris and only played singles because I enjoy kicking it with all you guys so much. I really wish I could be a better competitor for the sake of the community, but I'm just not able to give it my all like I used to.

All I can promise you guys is that Po will always try to keep things pimpin' in OK, and that's all that matters, right?

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I had a history professor that assigned a 3 page paper every week summarizing a couple chapters. He never made a mark or commented on the body, he only graded the intro and conclusion, making sure it summarized our summary well >.<

Now that I think about it, it was like that for every class except English Comp.

Gravity

Smash Ace
i was considering majoring in engineering, aerospace engineering. which means OU, but i kind of threw that idea away and am undecided as of now.

im pretty sure ill have a ****ty gpa in college, since every year in high school id tell myself "this year ill do the homework" and every year i went home and played games all day.

so i think ill do the same thing at college except replace games with drinking and crap.

also, brett have me over while alex is over. so we can have some sort of awesome something.

and, uh. . .everyone was *****ing about science was hard and i got a 34 in that. and i know a guy who got a 36 in it. so, whatever.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so i think ill do the same thing at college except replace games with drinking and crap moar games.
fix'd
also, if andy were to join the "alex returns" party i would pretty much pee my pants. if other edmondites wanted to come that'd be cool, too.
holy crap i haven't seen my boxer-buddy craig since like july!!!

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
If there are any fests or gatherings our tournaments or get-togethers or what-have-you that don't interfere with my job, I'm sure I'll see you while you're visiting. And your boxers.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oooh, man. Dec. 18th?

>_< Hope I get to meet up with Alex for a bit before I leave and get back to New Orleans! Got some stuff I gotta get to. When are you leaving Alex?

Oh and Chris, if you can convince 3 other guys to go to Pound 3, I'll go I guess . . .

Top Bottom