• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

hello all. this is wes and most of you don't know me but i play with young link, link, captain falcon, and ganon... so says my name. but i'm tired of going by wes so my gamer tag as of now is either ycld, wesl, fiasco, or Mr. Fubar. k?

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Cool to see Alex visiting OK soon, hope to get some games in... Oh, and paul's valley kids still around, hoo r dey?????????

What were the payouts like?
You probably have this answered already, but just in case:
1st: ? (either $60 or $70)
2nd: $20
3rd: $10

Coincidentally, the payouts were the same for both Teams and Singles.

The tournament went pretty well. I was glad to see lots of people we didn't know :). We probably should have introduced ourselves more and asked them to look at our thread here
I had that in mind the whole time, but everyone just started leaving at random and I was busy playing matches. Maybe next time.

hope you kiddies had fun @ OSC.

i guess i never explained why i did OSC... i'm trying to keep the OK gaming community alive so i hope i left a good impression. hopefully one of you keeps the scene going strong as I gotta grow up and be an adult.
It was cool to see the SRK and SWF scene in one place, if things go well, I'll try to see if we can have more multi-game tournaments again in the future. Good luck.

Man, it's been a loong time since I've been able to smash with you guys. That needs to end sometime soon.
OSC had Melee AND Thirdstrike. Where waz da PLASMAN?????

hello all. this is wes and most of you don't know me but i play with young link, link, captain falcon, and ganon... so says my name. but i'm tired of going by wes so my gamer tag as of now is either ycld, wesl, fiasco, or Mr. Fubar. k?
Cool that you finally got an account, welcome to the forums. I'm the guy that used c. falcon and ganon like every match against you.

KUNI, you still play AC3 and/or Silent Line? I just remembered how awesome it is.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
one of my crewmates here is sick as hell at third strike. he's won 2 big tournies >.>;
i played him, and he's nice, because he purposefully didn't perfect me :p

i hope to play tekken and fatal fury with some people when i'm home. and DDR.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
GAH!

No dude! I found out that I'm leaving on the 11th or something. T_T

And I think I'm going to come back between the 15th and 18th . . . Maybe I can manage to stay a week longer if my parents are cool with it, but the thing is I've got tickets to a huge basketball game around that time, and I bought them for my lil' bro cause he's about to leave to Japan.

T_T I want my alex time . . .

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
GAH!

No dude! I found out that I'm leaving on the 11th or something. T_T

And I think I'm going to come back between the 15th and 18th . . . Maybe I can manage to stay a week longer if my parents are cool with it, but the thing is I've got tickets to a huge basketball game around that time, and I bought them for my lil' bro cause he's about to leave to Japan.

T_T I want my alex time . . .
if nothing else i should be home for over a week in march since our spring break is 2 weeks, so we'll chillax then.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Be sure to be out then man.

Oh, and I just got back from seeing "real" snow for the first time.

The hell is that white **** and why is it so cold???

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
I demand real physical combat!
I'll Fight you for real. Muhahaha.

Wow, I haven't looked at this stuff in forever. I'm extremely thankful for the complements I got. I know I'm nowhere near being as good as a lot of you but you have really inspired me to play harder and attend more events. Thanks a lot.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh, and I just got back from seeing "real" snow for the first time.

The hell is that white **** and why is it so cold???
Lol, that's pretty funny. Hence me saying "lol." I never saw any of the snow yesterday, though :(

Also: Man, that's so awesome that you can turn off "tap jump" (jumping with the control stick) in Brawl... that got really annoying sometimes!

Now all we need are customizable color schemes and physics and it'll be the perfect game! :psycho:

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Lol, that's pretty funny. Hence me saying "lol." I never saw any of the snow yesterday, though :(

Also: Man, that's so awesome that you can turn off "tap jump" (jumping with the control stick) in Brawl... that got really annoying sometimes!

Now all we need are customizable color schemes and physics and it'll be the perfect game! :psycho:
Dude I'm just glad to see that C-stick is still in the game, I hope it still works for aerials

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord

I just woke up and skipped another class lol

Anyways, we gots to get together this weekend. Anyone else want to play smash?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, this goes out to everyone but you guys know there's a tourney in Texas in January. It's going to be huge and guys like Cort have agreed to attend it.

Can we plan in advance to go to the San Antonio tourney? I'm 100% up for going to it, and I think it'd be really cool if Oklahoma got to go there. I think it'd be really fun, and it's close by so we won't need to spend too much money going there. But the thing is Pound 2 is also in January, and I know Chris wants to go to that but I think it'd be smarter to go to the Texas tourney. For one because it's cheaper to go to and also because I'm sure we can get easy housing from Texas peeps if we ask early on.

Going to the SA tourney seems like an easy way for all of us to meet up, and even if I'm in Louisiana, I think they'd be more than willing to travel back to SA for the tourney so I can hitch a ride with them and meet up with you guys who might be going down to SA.

Just think about this cause January's coming up quick. I want to get this stuff organized sooner just so we can get around to thinking of a cheaper way to do this. :)

[edit]
Wow, you can't post blocks of texts using quickpost or something? I had to go advance to post that stuff man . . .

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, it would be more economical to do the Texas tourney rather than scrape together the funds for a plane trip to Virginia. I am definitely down to do either one, but only one or the other.

I personally vote for the San Antonio tourney, but hey, whatever. I want to do it up big at least one last time before I close the book on my Melee Adventure...

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmmm......im so used to the old controls but i can see how changing the attacks would be better for ceartan situations. Like Yoshi's side B is egg roll........do you know how badly I wish i could change that move to some out of the way button like down on the directionals or something? I kill myself sooo many times.

Oh yah my new main is yoshi for now. His awsome eggs are so fun to throw around lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Kuni is 2 letters away from Fumi.

Kuni = win.

And thanks Po for your vote for going to SA. That's around the time that winter break is for most people too, but just in case check with your calendars and see if you can make it. They're still trying to decide when to hold the tourney so . . .

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
oh Smash Dojo. It's ok if you have boring updates. How much would you want to give away on your game before release, anyway? Just think, if it wasn't pushed back, we'd all be playing in 3 weeks.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'm down for the SA tourny, it'll be a lot less expensive and we get to destroy Texas again :p(<3 Texas lol).
LOL!

SA tourney sounds good to me; I should be free from schoolwork then ^^;

EDIT: Wait, Chris, was KOS-MOS (the character) always in your PILF sig?

And lol, in the edit menu it said "Vote Now" instead of "Save."

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Babac, Marc says you must be tired of being weak. I think you need to quit johning and get better. We're all tired of being weak, son, tired of being weak. You're too easy kid, too easy.

Oh, and Pay$ sucks so bad, he must be the worst smasher in the state. Definitely.

Gravity

Smash Ace
ill go to SA. dont want to take my car. ill drive, but not in my car, so i guess if people want to switch off or something.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, sweet. Then we have . . . .

Chris
Bryan
Brandon
Andy
Yawara

That's five people right there and presumably that could be one car. If we get one more person, that can work as two cars. :) Also, we could all just drive down one car to dallas and hope to hitch rides with Dallas smashers. Just a thought.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Okay, sweet. Then we have . . . .

Chris
Bryan
Brandon
Andy
Yawara

That's five people right there and presumably that could be one car. If we get one more person, that can work as two cars. :) Also, we could all just drive down one car to dallas and hope to hitch rides with Dallas smashers. Just a thought.
forget i said anything :'(

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_<

Sorry Alex! It's just that most people in Texas are going to go for the tourney the week after.

I know you'd go, but they're all planning to lave during MLK weekend which is why I didn't add you.

<3 <3 <3 Alex

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
>_<

Sorry Alex! It's just that most people in Texas are going to go for the tourney the week after.

I know you'd go, but they're all planning to lave during MLK weekend which is why I didn't add you.

<3 <3 <3 Alex
yeah, i know. i'm pretty much certain i'll be in indiana when the tourny is going on.

thankfully they moved pound to february so i can go to that. if i even feel like it.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
so, assuming yawara wants his oklahoma crew to be AEGIS...brett/yawara, mind if i get us a new sig? if yawara has other interests we'll just hassle andrew to start playing again for the sake of the sig i want to make.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I really don't mind what crew I'm in. Audi invited me to the ministry, but I think now that since I've never met Audi before . . . And since Brett's a stone's throw away . . . And since Alex is sex . . .

Gravity

Smash Ace
on that note, am i still in anyones crew? i think i left aegis along time ago to be in the babac chris kuni crew, but i dunno.

Top Bottom