• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oklahoma! Zinth needs your help!

I NEED YOUR HELP IN ACQUIRING DATA FOR A SCHOOL PROJECT!

All I need for this to happen is for respondents to answer three preference-based questions:

Question 1: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

Question 2: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

Question 3: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

The separate images in each question are labeled with numbers. Preference is based on how each image visually appeals to you.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord

The first two cause they're more aesthetically appealing and the second one because I'm compensating.

And T_T @ Alex.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Thanks for the responses thus far!

Don't compensate for the sake of it though! Choose each answer based solely on aesthetic appeal!

I'm going to post it again so it'll be on this page too:

Oklahoma! Zinth needs your help!

I NEED YOUR HELP IN ACQUIRING DATA FOR A SCHOOL PROJECT!

All I need for this to happen is for respondents to answer three preference-based questions:

Question 1: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

Question 2: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

Question 3: Which image do you prefer most out of the following?

The separate images in each question are labeled with numbers. Preference is based on how each image visually appeals to you.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet

Are we allowed to know what its for or would that destroy the validity of the responses?

So is there anything going down this weekend, I can probably have a few people over Saturday, just tell me if you're interested.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
1, 1, 2 for me. If something's going on tomorrow, would someone please let me know. I would like to try to come if possible.

Sad news about Ness, but maybe they'll pull a Mario/Luigi type situation and keep both big head kids in Smash. I mean Ness is OLD-SCHOOL, but if it's just Lucas, maybe he'll prove popular enough to get Mother 3 over here in the States. I mean, come on, Nintendo of America, COME OOONNNNN....

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I probably won't do something on Friday . . . Saturday's up for grabs though. >_> Why do we never do an all saturday thing instead of a friday night thing?

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
3.1.1 how long til we get a tally and a response?

(i liked the sporatic branches. i foresee symbolism)

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, discontinuity =/= beautiful for me.

That's like seeing a tall girl with no boobs and size 17 feet and a pee size nose. Why would I want that?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
brettttttttttt marcottttttttttttte
talk to me sometime.

VLS this weekend, wish chris and i luck.
also, i'm evolving, and am starting a crew for the upcoming brawl when i get there.
i have a new board name. to be released at a later name, and not something i'll regret (like "Dokkoise" :p)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i got it from Japanese folklore. it's still cool. it just doesn't ring any cool sound in a gaming handle.
and yes, Anathallo's song, "Dokkoise House" is incredible, but that's not the sole reason i picked it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Thanks to everyone who gave a response to my poll! It is still on-going. I don't know exactly how long it will be until I'm finished with it all.

Lol Alex, you're just as bad as Kevin :p

Shade_

Smash Ace
so is anything happening anywhere tonight or tomorrow? this is andy btw.

ill try and check back in like an hour and a half so yeah.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
ATTENTION ALL:

For those of you with a GamePro subscription, you have recieved (or will recieve soon) your new December 2007 edition of the magazine.

I wish to direct your attention to page number 137 of said magazine.

Now look in the top right corner of that page. See the "An All-Star Brawl" letter?

THAT'S MINE!

I read through the whole leter, glanced at the name, and was about to move on to the last cople pages... Then I did a double take... That was my letter. I had completely forgotten that I sent them that thing.

Wow...just wow.

Also, just as a treat (and to prove it's mine), here is the un-edited version that I sent to them.

***NOTE NOTE NOTE NOTE***

Letter was sent on August 14th. It is out-dated.
[/end note]

Dear GamePro Editors:

As I know you are all aware, December 3rd has been announced as the official release date for the next edition of the Smash Brothers series. Over the course of the last two years, many hundreds of thousands of fans have speculated and predicted and estimated and all other manner of things about who will be considered “worthy” to appear in the game. There are, of course, the fan favorites, that is to say characters who are considered to be guaranteed slots, such as Diddy Kong, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Midna. And, like yin to yang, there are those who are considered so outrageous that they have no chance in…well, you get the idea, such as Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Viewtiful Joe. And, although there is nothing wrong with speculation as it creates hype and hype creates sales, these hopefuls are nothing but that…speculation from the fans.

I want an insider’s (or, as the case may be, several insiders) opinion. As the editors of such an important magazine to the gaming community, you guys are more knowledgeable about the games than most (I didn’t say all) of the gaming community put together. So GamePro editors, I offer a challenge to you.

I challenge you all (as a group) to come up with a list of forty characters that you believe to be the most likely Smash Brothers final roster, that is to say the complete roster with all hidden characters revealed. The most commonly accepted (and expected) number of characters in the final roster is forty, so we’ll use that as the maximum allowed characters in this challenge. There could be more, there could be less…but, for this challenge, there are only forty. Simple, right? Don’t forget to follow all of Sakurai’s rules, at least one character from Melee will not be returning, and to include all of the confirmed (as of today’s date, August 14th) characters as well. Also, keep in mind that it is very likely that (if you decide to include this letter in an edition of the magazine [I‘m not holding my breath]) at least one more character will be confirmed before this letter is published, so don’t forget to include them in the roster as well. Once you have what you (as a group) believe to be the most reasonable list of characters for Brawl’s final roster, put it up for the fans to see (either in the magazine or on the website.)

Naturally, I’m not expecting you to know the full roster anymore than we, the Smash community, do (simply because Nintendo is so tight-lipped about it,) nor am I expecting you to predict it with 100% accuracy…but, your opinions on the matter could help put several fights and wars across the internet to rest…and, who knows, maybe even stir up a few new ones.

Sincerely yours,
Ferro De Lupe
(aka Casey W****** from Tecumseh, Oklahoma)

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
The Drought Hasth Lasted Too Long!

any one want to smash who lives in edmond with me and my friend
I'm getting tired of your ****ing posts Tire!!!
SO HERE'S WHATS HAPPENING!!!!!!

WHAT: Centennial Smash

WHY: Everyone will have the day off, and I am rusty

WHEN: Centennial Day 1 pm-whenever you feel

WHERE: Wut?'s house (message me for info)

FOOD: Pizza, HotDogs, Bean dip with nachos and what-have-you.

CAN YOU GUYS MAKE IT?

Do you guys think we should rent out a place instead though?

Unless no place is open on Centennial Day.
THIS MUST BE EPIC!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
No, I don't get centennial day off :(

OKCPS for the lose :urg:

HOWEVER, if it's on a Friday then I'd be willing to go after I get off school.

Also, to anyone who attends OU: are there lots of Asian girls there? <.<

chibit89

Smash Cadet
No, I don't get centennial day off :(

OKCPS for the lose :urg:

HOWEVER, if it's on a Friday then I'd be willing to go after I get off school.

Also, to anyone who attends OU: are there lots of Asian girls there? <.<
yeah, but theres a decent amount @ UCO. you basing your college decision off of yellow fever? :psycho:

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Fridays are for the gays ladies..... I ALWAYS work =(....

What happend to those peacefull sunday smash days....?
I don't know Sid, what DID happen to those peaceful sunday smashes?

Anyways I think we might reschedule to Sunday or Saturday, any votes?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Sundays suck for me, i study on those days, saturdays and fridays are pretty ideal though.

But im going to be out of any real smash fest stuff until this semester ends.

Oh yah, best of luck yowara lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Good luck to Chris and Alex. Chris especially cause he's gotta rock the world son! And thanks Kuni lol

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
chris and i were both going to make it out of our 2nd pools (i would have broken but maybe low due to sensei and i think another person who was really good in my pool)...we left before pools was over though :\
bleh. even if we had gotten to finish pools we wouldn't have gotten to play in bracket. that makes me sad. you guys missed on wicked sheezy though.

1) my crew beating pat pro's crew due to the person i trained in smash. taking 8 stock and losing 2 when we were down 8 to 4 stock. i rock at teaching.

2) i got to play a crapload of good people, and realized how much i suck as compared to the south

2.5) i beat KOS-MOS with mario. i'm 1st in oklahoma now.

3) for Scud- i met bam, and almost beat his falco! i told him my doubles partner plays falco and we have watched his vids and we was like "i'm honored, that's pretty cool" in his wicked quebec accent, and then told me to win the rest of my pool matches :p

4) drephen is hysterical, was really friendly, and a helpful smash teacher. we also had a funny conversation about darkrain, who drephen has the hots for :p

5) i 4-stocked milktea and WoZ with pichu in a teams match (my partner playing pikachu had 3 stock left...WoZ was bowser, milktea was marth. lulz.)

6) maine almost beat H2YL...because they are too **** good. midwest beat H2YL, and jiano took like 10 stock in it. he fought chillindude, lost 1, took 5. that's ridiculous, do you know how good you have to be to make chillin look like a scrub? M2K can't even do that crap. midwest (drephen, jiano, vidjo, ?, ?) lost in the finals to PC, cort, KDJ, and hayato. PC didn't even have to play, since KDJ went on a rampage

7) azen/chillin won teams, m2k/vidjo got 2nd...wasn't actually anything special to me though. darc/dazwa beating watty/mathos was pretty wicked to watch, though. darc and dazwa are like...cooler than all of you :D

so yeah, these events are spectacular, but they cost a lot of money, i spent nearly 80 bucks overall including food and lodging. i can't do that but once in a blue moon. i'll be home in a little over a month, probably see muca and scud day 1 :p
but within the first week, before x-mas comes up, i better play some other smashers :D

p.s.- andy, midwest samuses are ridiculous as hell, watty was the only person in my pool who 2-stocked me. he also only got 3rd in my pool >.> (ICs player got 2nd, i couldn't do much but go marth and barely lose. poor sheik. and of course BAM 2-0'd everyone). but yeah, he's really slick, and i have a few good moves to show you when i get home. i'm sure you can experiment with them and make them better than i would know how to use them. also, dodge my missles

ciiiiiao for now everyone. long posts ftw.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wait, why did you all leave before even pools were over? ¯\(º_o)/¯

Ohh, I played Watty in friendlies at MGC; I 2-stocked him in one match, and beat him in two out of the three games we played.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
yeah, watty has too much drephen practice though for me to do well with sheik.
his sheik edgeguarding was ridiculous. once i was off the stage it was a biatch to get back.

but yeah, we had to leave becuase of kos-mos's plane. we left like an extra 40 minutes early since the people giving us a ride were...lame enough to leave because they didn't care about the tourny after they were knocked out :\
still we would have had to leave before singles bracket even started, since it started like 30 minutes ago and kos-mos's plane was like 2 hours ago.

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
yeah, watty has too much drephen practice though for me to do well with sheik.
his sheik edgeguarding was ridiculous. once i was off the stage it was a biatch to get back.

but yeah, we had to leave becuase of kos-mos's plane. we left like an extra 40 minutes early since the people giving us a ride were...lame enough to leave because they didn't care about the tourny after they were knocked out :\
still we would have had to leave before singles bracket even started, since it started like 30 minutes ago and kos-mos's plane was like 2 hours ago.
What kind of planning went into this? :lick:

Top Bottom