• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, brett, just know if you have something later, im there. and ill see who else i can bring.

but failing that, babac? i can play smash. possibly bringing chris/bryan.

poo on still not working internet.

and this felgar thing i could make, depending on how long it lasts. thats at OU right? if i go ill play starcraft but i dont have a laptop, and im not that good.

anyway, ill try and check back around 5 or 6 to see if anyones not doing anything...and if theres still nothing going on ill just go sit in my closet and wait to die.

as for going to felgar, im willing to pick up almost anyone in the okc/edmond area. veterans taking priority even if that seems unfair. life isnt fair : (. but yeah pablo, babac, chris, bryan? brett and yawara? craig? anyone else im forgetting?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'll go to Felgar if you guys show up.

I live there, so I'm more than glad to play yall. Just give me a phone call.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Andy, call me when you check back at around 5-6 or so.

And yes, I have heard of private messages, but I don't like them.

Until then, I'll be catching some Zs.

Gravity

Smash Ace
can i have the exact address and exact time of the felgar thing? and if we go can we go to bretts afterwards, since i assume it doesnt last all night?

also, who all would want to go?

on a side note, for some reason im feeling extremely emotional today...i almost cried watching...terminator 2. i know, wtf.

-edit-

im 99% sure im going to norman later, if anyone wants a ride speak up, i tihnk im already taking chris and bryan...but, if this felgar things doesnt last all night, can we go somewhere after? i dont want to drive to norman just to drive back. also, i need an exact address.

brett, are you going to be there? i think yawara is, although his text messages are confusing....

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm not for sure how all of this is going to work or if I will see you at Felgar. Hopefully I will....either way I'm pretty sure you guys can stay over. There are going to be some people at my house, but I'm sure if I say you guys need a place to stay you can :). Plus...i want you too heh. Post later because i'll eventually check the boards. PMing me some of your numbers would be nice too ^^.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
yawara, c/m or anyone else, just to make sure u dont go too early, i know those guys are never on time.

brett, u have a cell/house number? address again please? lets get our SC on!

oh yeah, we typically play guilty gear, Street Fighter 3rd strike, marvel vs capcom 2, capcom vs snk 2.

felgar: 865 Asp Ave - Norman
if anyone else wants to come up, just call me after 10 @ 640-9065
- its pretty hard to explain online if you dont know OU so c/m or yawara

but we're not super smashers like the rest of ya'll but i'm down to chill with you guys and share some SF knowledge as well as try in smash!

plenty of projectors so we could both share felgar!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, we're coming.

I called Andy, and he said he's willing to come with other people too so I'm more than ready. :D

Shade_

Smash Ace
BRETT! Not sure if youll read this in time but my mom said if it was ok, i could spend the night over tomorrow and then meet me in norman in the morning. If your busy then don't worry about it though.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
thanks for coming guys, that was fun. i'll get back to you guys when i finalize OSC plans. let me know how I can run that tourney so it suites you guys best.

Shade_

Smash Ace
My mom said that next week would be better cus he doesnt wana drive all the way today. So i guess i wont be over there today. It sounded like you were pretty busy today any way.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Brett whats your phone ##### and adress, my mom doesnt remember how to get there. i keep forgetting it!!! pm it to me or something.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a fun weekend. I would have gone but I had to go to a cool programming contest in Ada. I'll try to make something next week. I think I can make OSC, also.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
When are we gonna have a Smashfest that's not in Norman X_X

Oh man, L-Block is gonna win the character battle, this is crazy, this is so intense XD.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
turns out no go for the 17th...i am getting a better truck (still crappy but better) soon only thing is ....its a standard....elias sid ronnie! i need help lol i dont like standards

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hey guys. A friend and I were interested in joining the smash scene here in Oklahoma, is there an event scheduled soon that we could attend?
Hey, welcome to Smashboards. There actually is an upcoming event: the Oklahoma State Championships. I believe that it'll be on November 17 at OU, but it would be best to get clarification from one of the more-involved members (e.g. chibit89).

Ok, I found the thread, so I'll link to it and that should give you all the info you need: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117147

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
Hey, welcome to Smashboards. There actually is an upcoming event: the Oklahoma State Championships. I believe that it'll be on November 17 at OU, but it would be best to get clarification from one of the more-involved members (e.g. chibit89).
Well we can't L-cancel or anything I doubt we're state champion material, but I don't think we could make it do to work.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Here's my YouTube account:

http://youtube.com/profile?user=Zinth
Oklahomans to watch for on my YouTube:
-KOS-MOS (the best in the state)
-South_Paw (though he's in Arizona right now)
-Zinth (me)
-Dokkoise (though he's gone to Connecticut for college)
-Gravity
-Shade
-Vegafuse
-Scud

There are, of course, other prominant players in our state, but the ones I listed are the only ones on my YouTube.

It's also worthy to note that KOS-MOS recently won a national tournament, so Oklahoma is on the map now :D

Anyway, if you can't make the OSC, hopefully you'll be able to make Smashfests and other tournaments we might host. In which city do you live?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yo Ben, what part of oklahoma are you in? The players youll meet generally depend on who ever is closest, for example in OKC its easier to play against paymon, roster, me my bro. In edmond youll probably meet, zinth, gravity, chris, if your closer to norman, youll probably meet, brett, GT, or i forget all the others. lol.

But yah you get it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yo Ben, what part of oklahoma are you in? The players youll meet generally depend on who ever is closest, for example in OKC its easier to play against paymon, roster, me my bro. In edmond youll probably meet, zinth, gravity, chris, if your closer to norman, youll probably meet, brett, GT, or i forget all the others. lol.
Lol, Gt is from Edmond :p

I'll go ahead and list some Smashers from each city off the top of my head:

OKC:
-Shade (and his two brothers)
-Rasta Imposta (and his brother Pay$)
-Vegafuse
-Po Pimpus
-Marc
-Shanx

Edmond:
-Zinth (myself)
-Gravity
-KOS-MOS
-Crackboom
-King Gt (and his crew: Wut?, Tire)

Norman:
-Scud
-Sars Pirate
-Trapparfire

Pauls Valley:
-Akasuna no Sasori
-Auddy
-The Deadman

Moore:
-The Chubbs
-The Irish Dude (except he's in Kansas right now)
-Eli
-Hanson

Tulsa:
-The OKGamers people

Sorry to anyone I forgot; again, this was off the top of my head.

There are people in other regions (e.g. Keroku, but I forgot where he is), but they are in so few numbers in those regions (and I don't necessarily remember which regions they are in question) that I didn't list them.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Sars Pirate really wants to play smash this weekend and wants some future planning :)

Week before the big tourney guys! Big smashfest to prepare???

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
When did alex go back to Hazygoose?

Yes, and I will definitely be there on the 17th, you can bet your *** on that.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the OK thread/scene, Benedetto. I don't have much to add, since everyone else pretty much covered it... unless you want to see OK's outdated combo videos...

Thx to Brett, Andy, Chris, Yawara, and SRKers for the weekend gaming. Looks like Fox is my best bet for OSC, I can actually stand a chance against Brett and Andy now :cool:

PoPimpus: Where you at???

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
stopp calling me dokkoise :\
Lol, sorry, it's just that you're labelled as Dokkoise on my YouTube (since that's what you called yourself back then) so I just kind of automatically listed you as that. Plus, if I had told him to look for "Hazygoose" on my YouTube then he wouldn't have found anything :p

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Anyone have any ideas on what might have happened to DK in the video? One minute, DK and Diddy were in a showdown with Bowser, then the next minute, Diddy is praying he doesn't become dragon food.

I'm thinking Bowser/DK becomes one of the teams.

Also, I would just like to take this opportunity to say...

*Grabs megaphone*

POST 1,000!

Top Bottom