• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
The science section never really deals with science . . . They never actually quiz you on information you learn, just on information that is presented to you and sometimes that information can be completely incomprehensible.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, it was all convulted and confusing. Like, it was pretty much all about chemistry and molecular science (ok, maybe not, but everything else had way too many graphs and variables and was when I was running out of time), and many of the prompts featured more graphs then usual with more axis than usual. From what I overhead during the aftermath, apparently everyone had trouble (well, more than they usually seem to, since everyone there seemed like an idiot <_<) with the science section.

Shade_

Smash Ace
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Science screwed me over ...............and back. And the storie.s sucked, so i dont know how well i did, but im hoping at least a 24. Yah its low, but hey what ever.

this is andy, ^that wasnt^ yeah, my internet is broken.

interestingly, i thought science was far easier than the june tests, and easier than the math. i probably bombed it though. the one about the fen and the bog and the soil and the peat and the conductivity and the ph and with like 8 graphs was a little confusing ill admit.

anyway, im down for smash NEXT friday, and as soon as my internet works ill be spamming with you all again.

also ,wavedash.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
XD

My ex girlfriend called me from Louisiana and told me the science section was impossible.

Bryan, you may be set for the 34. And dude, like, every time I took it, I thought the science section was retareded but always ended up getting no less than a 30 so you're safe. ;)

Blue Jay

Smash Rookie
Sorry about being the guy with a not-so-ACT topic, but: I have an updated mario model for my game.

Check it out!!

http://i22.tinypic.com/1040pqr.png
its quite a change sence the last one, unless you dont remember the last one that is.... but the major changes is that i redid his head based on the head that they use in on the game case for NSMB, and i ripped brawl textures from images and put them all over his face, some smaller changes that i made was: make his back shaped more like well... mario's back.

the major changes on the head are the following:
side burns no longer look like a slab of crap because of resized brawl textures
eyes re textured with resized brawl textures
eye brows are more marioisque
ear texture is fixed with a brawl texture
nose fatter
mustache resized to the right size
cap major point edit
chin sticks more out ward
ear is proportioned right
visor is shortened and has a crease
cheeks reposistioned
hair(in the back) has been shortened and is less poofy making it more like NSMB mario's hair

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
That's actually a well proportioned Mario model, in my opinion. The cap and red shirt look a bit fuzzier than they should probably be, though, and the jean leggings need to have the creases going down the sides instead of wrapping around the legs.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
I took the ACT but once and did horribly, like a 25 or 26. I never studied, but it was enough to get into UCO so eh, why waste the money, I probably wouldn't be getting a 36 anyway. I left my calculator in my locker at school that weekend so I had to use a crappy 4 function one. It was sunny and I brought a banana for the break.

Just reminiscing.

BRAWL I CAN'T WAIT ALKJDFLAJ AJEKLF AKLSF AGOARSGKLAJ DFG AKLGJALDG ARW GADFKLG AODFG L

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, 25/26 is still better than what most people make. I heard someone in my test room talking about how their high score was an 18.

Nice Mario model, Dart. Monshou was correct in that the stitch in Mario's jeans (as well as in most jeans in general) go down the side... but, I think making them the way you made them would be an interesting change nonetheless.

AHA, looks like Squall will infact be making it out of this round of the character battle!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Squall always makes it far.

And I'm pretty sure the state average in Louisiana is like 19 or something. :/

Since there's limited funding to public schools and it's parochial schools that do really well, it's really harsh over there (basically if you're poor you're ****ed, but if you've got money or are smart enough to get a scholarship, you can survive).

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, in my high school, one of our valedictorians (we had a tie... how lame) got a 13 and a 18 on their senior year... i lawled at them with my 25

stop being biotches and make a real PR1!!!

and lol at alex pwning drew

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
ACT =ed ****. My friend took the ACT his first time last year and scored a 29. He said that the hardest ACT he had taken was last April's. But then he took this one and he said it was impossible, so I don't feel to bad about it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
You guys and your not trying but getting 29's, i despise with a passion that has yet to be known.

Back to my reason for posting. Man mewtwo is toooooooo awsome!! I think i want to main him now. Hes like, shadow ball! shadow ball!! shadow ball! Then its like jump away and SHADOW BALL! Plus you can charge it up. I hope they keep him for brawl.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
lolz myeoo too
ACT huh,
I took that 3 years ago, 2 years ago and this year.
The scores are, respectively, 19, 17, and n\a
Of course for some reason the test seemed easy this year, almost Captain Sandbag easy... <.< >.>
Uh oh...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I think I should play as Pink Falcon more . . . had a dream about it

Also, in three months, this thread jumped from page 30 to 103. O_o

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i think you mean page 39.
change your posts per page, n00b.

also, am i the only one here who plays wow? i was going to try to play with some OK smashers until i realized no one else does it :\
couple of CT smashers do...you should try and be as cool as them :p

newwww plannnnns. i will be back dec. 18th and leave jan. 22nd.
someone make a winter tourrrrrrrnament.
why? ****ing Echo told me he wanted to come and bring darkrain.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh god, stage creation, it's too good, I don't know what to do...

Winter tournament sounds great, especially with Alex, Echo, and Darkrain in attendance.

But oh man, stage creation...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
echo vs kos-mos would make me happy in my pants.
and yeah, heath...you should play on maylgos is you're PvE or burning legion if you're PvP >.>;
forgot you played. how're your orc and your twink?

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
How's it goin'? I haven't been on in a while so I want to check in. nice to know you're coming here for awhile hazy. cheers all around. :p

So I went to that Fall Out Boy concert with my sister. now don't get me wrong, I'm not emo, but since I was there, I went ahead and enjoyed my self. why not? ya know? all in all it was alright. no complaints, except for all the emo kids there. Holy crap there were so many of 'em. O_o'

Ima be headin' to Izumicon this weekend, too. So how is everyone?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
._.

Does anyone else think it's bad that Falloutboy opened for Smashing Pumpkins AND Rage Against the Machine at Voodoo? No one?

plasman

Smash Apprentice
^ I do.

I wonder how customizable the stage pieces will be in the CaS (Create a Stage) mode. It'll be cool if you can place pieces that are breakable (like those ones on Snake's level) and set at what threshold they break, then create like a cage match kind of thing where you try to smash your opponent up against the walls until one breaks and then you can knock them out of the area where the slab of wall used to be or something. Either way I'm completely psyched about it :D

Shade_

Smash Ace
Ooooooo, now i'll never get bored of the levels like in melee. You could make a level that is like the ultimate counter pick specifically for your character with this. or just make a fun level to fight around it lol. Just can't wait.

This could really add a good extra little fun in crew battles with different states or something. Like each state could have a home stage kinda thing, and if you want to challenge them to see which state is better, you'd have to beat them on their home stage. Like in all the movies and anime things.

Remember pokemon. "I'll give you this badge but you have to beat me on my own turf! with my rules!" I feel kinda competitive again lol.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Never thought about that, lol but it could work. BRYAN ASK IF I CAN GO OVER THERE AND GET TUTORED! We only have to work on math till i get the basic layout of how to do it, after that we can like smash till my mom pics me up.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
haven't posted in awhile, so here's me catching up:

1. 34 on the ACT *****es, and i'm so glad i'm already in college.
2. wow server is forgotten coast for those who care (possibly hazy?)
3. l block ftw
4. dedede is a punk
5. guitar hero 3 = omgwtfbbq!!2!
6. stage creations are gonna annoy the **** out of me....
7. i went to the fall out boy show too, but i went with a g..g....g...girl. >_<

questions? comments? snide remarks?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haven't posted in awhile, so here's me catching up:

1. 34 on the ACT *****es, and i'm so glad i'm already in college.
2. wow server is forgotten coast for those who care (possibly hazy?)
3. l block ftw
4. dedede is a punk
5. guitar hero 3 = omgwtfbbq!!2!
6. stage creations are gonna annoy the **** out of me....
7. i went to the fall out boy show too, but i went with a g..g....g...girl. >_<

questions? comments? snide remarks?
wow, my friend zach peavler played on forgotten coast. know him at all? i heard it's all south...and then like...asians. so guild raids are hard to come by since barely any one is on at the same time XD

South_Paw

Smash Ace
SP is bored... and has some info for okies... mostly useful for babac probably tho... assuming it's useful at all =P

Ice Climbers:

The past couple of days I've been trying to figure them out, and I've been failing for the most part.

The Down B puzzles me... against Doc, it puts him in ice at exactly 87%, even though he escapes immediately... i did this against falco however, and after 70%, it seems a lot more random, no matter how you space it or how many times it hits... and at a distance, it will hit for zero damage often, though usually at least 3% from one hit, but hitting three times (watching the combo counter)

also, from almost any percent, ic's can combo fox or falco from a downthrow. even from 0%, a downthrow can combo into a d-smash.

It is also a lot faster to turn around before you downsmash than it is to straight up d-smash... since it hits behind them first

also all of this was done with one climber... i still sucks at the d-air chaingrab... its lame-o

Top Bottom