• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
So when do I get to play other people so I can fill in the tier list?

>_< Man I could use a sonic shake

Shade_

Smash Ace
THATS WHY I DON'T LIKE KIRBY CHARACTERS!!!!!!! And why i dont use them, or other characters that look dorky like, jigglypuff, ice climbers, im not gona use metaknight, or wario,

The limit im willing to except in terms of looking dorky, is Yoshi and bowser, and thats only because on Mario kart 64 which was the first video game I had ever played, I liked yoshi and bowser the best. Cus they were the only dinosaurs and at the time i really liked dinosaurs. lol.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Mario kart 64 which was the first video game I had ever played,
My first game was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Master Drive system, unsurprisingly...
But yeah now I understand your dilemma with dorky looking characters.
Sorry, but I have problems with people who only like SUPER HACKSORZ GRFX, and not gameplay elements... :\
Not that I'm talking about you.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Looks like we arent gonna get along mother ****er...
LOL.

I answered Squall as the video game character I'd be when MGC asked me, cause he could use magic, weild a sword, and got chicks. Though, if I were to answer the same question again, I'd probably say Kefka, cause then you'd all be my *****es.

Shade is a graphicsist lolol.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Hey. I didn't actually mean what I said. I just wanted to get a potential burn out of someone calling peoples' favorite video game characters "dorks".

tire_o_fire

Smash Rookie
Hell yes Dedede! I've always wanted him but people shunned him because he is too much like Kirby. F that. Dedede will be one of my mains. Watch him suck and you guys will be all like "Dude Craig you're good. But why Dedede?!" I can't wait.

I can't go friday, Brett.

also in Bowser news: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/121271.html
:bowser::bowser::bowser:
Hell ya crackboom i so agree with you king dedede kicks so much ***

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
2,500TH POST *****ES!!! I am the Smash Master!

YES, 2,500TH POST! I AM OKLAHOMA'S FIRST SMASH MASTER! :demon:

Oh man, Meta Knight looks really fun to play as. His dash dance looks so cool. I just want to know if his dair spikes/meteors though.

And Dedede looks cool because he's a heavyweight character with a built in hammer, and he might have multiple jumps.

And Pictochat is like the coolest stage ever.

And you can record videos? THAT'SAWESOME!!!

Overall, Brawl looks god **** amazing. I even had a dream that I played it today, except it used prototype graphics and everything looked like it was drawn in Paint, LOL.

Shade_

Smash Ace
fine there not dorky, ......there just not my preferable style.

For me there kind of has to be at least deacent graphics, cus if there is like a cool character, but in the game looks dum, and they do like a cool pose, to where as if they looked more normal it would be cool, but their graphics make it to where it just looks stupid, i cant stand playing those types of things.

Sega was cool though, it had deacent graphics, but i really dont have to worry about graphics anymore with the wii and ps3 around. lol.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
squall got knocked out of the gamefaqs character battle.
mudkips lost too.
laaaaame.
those *******s don't know what they are voting for. explains why mario is in top 5 and how cloud beat link once.

if i were an FF char...tonberry?
that or a moggle.
but something awesome.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Bryan, are those screen shots from your own personal run-through of Earthbound? If so, thats cool. If so, shame on you for renaming Ness.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Kefka got knocked out too D:

Bryan, are those screen shots from your own personal run-through of Earthbound? If so, thats cool. If so, shame on you for renaming Ness.
Lol, yeah, those are from my own Earthbound playthroughs... the one with Giygas was from my first playthrough ever in which I renamed Ness (to Bryan), King (to Max), steak (to pizza), and rockin' (to gaming). The Giygas one is actually the only one from my first playthrough, since I could fight Giygas multiple times and thus just go back and get screenshots. However, all the rest are from a second (or maybe third) playthrough in which I kept all of the names the same.

And omg, Smash Masters don't get any new avatars :(

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I for one miss my kids, but that story's for another day.

WHO the **** WANTS TO SMASH TOMORROW?!?!

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
and my favorite hobby was masterbating? something like that. i miss EB0/MOTHER
*masturbating

Also here's a nice general rule to follow:

If it's not about super smash bros. melee in any way, shape, or form (at least in this room), it's spam.

Keep that in mind as you carefully make your next posts :)

And before you ask, pictures from earthbound are spam, even if Ness is in Melee.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
BOOO!!!

Drew = PARTY POOPER

Man, the LA thread is so much better cause the mods don't care about smashers being friendly.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Po will try to go to Brett's tomorrow, but I hope I'm not the only one going... Pablo? Chris? Bryan? Uh...Andy?
You guys going?

Also, Shade, if you only grew up in the NES-era...Then maybe you wouldn't concern yourself with how 'cool' a character looks, but how much *** they kick, be they plumbers who shoot fire, egg-laying dinosaurs, psychic kids with over-sized heads, or a pink round thing that sucks and blows whose arch-nemesis is large penguin wielding a wooden mallet...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
squall got knocked out of the gamefaqs character battle.
mudkips lost too.
laaaaame.
those *******s don't know what they are voting for. explains why mario is in top 5 and how cloud beat link once.
Actually, Squall isn't out yet. However, he isn't favored to make it out of his next match (Squall, Sonic, Sub-Zero, and Sora.)

It's a popularity contest, and Mario is actually in the Noble Nine (Link, Sephiroth, Cloud, Mario, Samus, Snake, Crono, Sonic, and Megaman) who are called so for a few reasons:

1) Been in EVERY Character battle.
2) Never lose to anyone outside of each other.
3) Are, statistically, the strongest characters in the contest.

All of this is, of course, designed around a one vs one tournament format.

*Points to Crono's loss to Link and Vincent*

The way this tournament is set up (four way FFA per match), Crono's loss is invalid as the format is not one vs one. Link sucked away more votes from Crono than he did anyone else, thus allowing Vincent to slip past him and never look back.

This format is screwing with a lot of the strong characters (Ganondorf losing to Luigi, Bowser losing to Ryu, Sub-Zero scoring 32% on Sonic, etc.)

*Realizes he spends way too much time on GameFAQs.*

*Prays for Luigi to make it to the semifinals.*

I just want Luigi to make it to the semis. That would be the greatest upset in the history of the contest.

And L-Block ain't doing half bad either. Not bad for a tournament first-timer. I'm personally hoping for L-Block to win it all.

*To stay on topic*

Why would you not play as a character just because he (or she) looks weird?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Um I'm not for sure if I am going to say I have a smashfest tomorrow...seeming as no one has really said much. Post quickly or ..yea.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
*masturbating

Also here's a nice general rule to follow:

If it's not about super smash bros. melee in any way, shape, or form (at least in this room), it's spam.

Keep that in mind as you carefully make your next posts :)

And before you ask, pictures from earthbound are spam, even if Ness is in Melee.
don't tell me how to spell, jerk, i'm in collage. *get it?*
and i dunno, if you look at the VLS thread only 1/40 posts are about smash, tehe.

anyway, 1) king dedede's special moves look ridiculously fun.
2) my physics professor sucks and even though all my other finals are the 10th or before, my physics final is the 17th in the evening. so i'll be in OK the 18th for like 2 whole days. brett hang out with me. someone should stop by to say hello before i leave again for christmas :D
3) gamefaqs character battles are dumb. stupid 12-year-olds and geeks who aren't even real gamers voting master chief through...you've got to be kidding me. halo's a good game, but master chief isn't a good character. he's generic and stock, you can't even tell him apart from another spartan. they should read books and discover what character development in >:\
4) drew's an alright mod. i think it is just easier for him to filter out spam if there aren't a ton of non-sense posts. the "save it to IM" rule. but then again, you could just talk about smash in IMs, too. which bring the bigger question: why are we here...(on smashboards)? plato doesn't even know, man.
5) i don't even know who the mods are in CT >.>; Tope sometimes comes by and pulls a drew :p WoZ just adds to spam. lol, <3 WoZ
dunno though, for the most part all mods are awesome that i know. so are most posters. most posters...pay$
6) rasta do you still have a lot of nintendo games? you said your mom used to own some game place. or does anyone have NES games they want to get rid of? i'm looking to raise my measley 15-game library to a standard amount.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

How is 15 games a measley library? That's like 15 times the amount of games I own here . . .

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh man, Dedede's forward B looks awesome. Peach on steroids?

And his up B seems to make stars when he lands! YES! That'd be so awesome if Kirby could suck them up and shoot them out.

And Babac, if you have Earthbound and/or Final Fantasy III in your old game collection, I call it/them <.<

Anyway, this post is relevant to Smash and Oklahoma, so I think that an Earthbound screenshot will no longer be spam if paired with said relevant discussion; otherwise saying *pound* might as well be considered spam. That being said...

And wait, didn't we already conclude that the OK thread is a spam sanctuary to keep it from spreading like cancer? <.<;

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
The ACT is tommorow and I am already sick of it. I've been doing ACT prep for the past two weeks and im so tired of it I could just..... I could just...... SCREAM! So I think I will. F*************************************************CK!

Shade_

Smash Ace
I just figured out I have the act tommorow as well.......mom just droed the news on me that Im signed up for it. I guess you me and andy will see each other then. Rrrrrr maybe not But maybe.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
The ACT wasn't too hard for me (didn't have a calculator, making time my true enemy). Then again, I wasn't a high class student that took a bunch of AP classes, so I probably took an easier version than what people desperately prepare for or something.

I forgot what my actual score was, but without studying, without bringing a calculator (causing calculations to be done on paper), and not being in high school for a year, I made at least a 20.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Nah, I don't think that they have an easier version of the ACT; that'd be redundant.

Also, I doubt that I'll be seeing either of you, Kevin or Andy, unless you're testing at Edmond Memorial.

Anyway, my current top score is 33... going for a 36, but a 34 would be nice, too.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hahaha, the "easier version" of the ACT.

Looks like we have yet another kuni! We will let him redeem himself before we address such a title.

33, god **** zinth. I was trying to sign up online but it kept saying "Your request could not be processed." Talk about me being mad, now I gotta wait another month. Luckily schools are taking SATs too, so Ill be taking those aswell.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah . . . among the honors kids in my school, I had the lowest ACT score with a 31 and I took it like twice (once in sophmore year, and again in junior year). Everybody had at least a 34 so we were pretty well off . . .

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
God, the science section on the ACT was ****ing GAY. Apparently they curve your the grading scale according to how well everyone does, though, but still... that was ******** :mad:

Top Bottom