• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys even see my posts? It seems as if you guys just ignore all my posts (besides the one with the baby kick). I mean I know I'm a PV kid and I'm not that good, but you can at least acknowledge me. I just want some responses sometimes, like a response from Sars about joining the Ministry, and one from anybody about a smashfest, an example "Sure thing Auddy, the next time I (as in someone responding to me) has a smash get-together I will tell you where and when along with everyone else using the boards." I don't want to sound emo or anything, but a response to my questions would be nice every once and a while. :urg:
Don't worry Auddy, there hasn't been any major smashfests since that post. I barely read the boards, but I usually know what's up in the OK scene.

Edit: Btw, aren't I still a part of the Ministry :( ?

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Pictochat is indeed amazing. The only reason people don't like it is because of the infamous john: "This lessens <x character>'s chance of getting in Brawl!"

GameFAQs sucks. They complain about everything.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Don't worry Auddy, I know what it's like to be ignored by your stupid, vicious, arrogant, whiny, pampered, backstabbing, worthless, bratty so-called "friends"... but we aren't like that ^^ We're just too focused on Smash (especially Brawl) to pay attention to people :p

And by "we," I mean whomever it may concern.

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
i don't know you auddy, but it isn't that bad. do something outlandish or be like tire or wut? and spout complete gibberish and you won't be shunned....too much

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey GUESS WHAT!!! Remember that hodee that I lost. I finally found it!!! My mom uncovered it from a bunch of winter clothes! I'll give it back to you later roster. Its on my closet right now.

Anyway thats not important. I read that some people actually played brawl somewhere? Was it easier or harder to die?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Hey GUESS WHAT!!! Remember that hodee that I lost. I finally found it!!! My mom uncovered it from a bunch of winter clothes! I'll give it back to you later roster. Its on my closet right now.
Wasn't that my hoodie that I lost at Rawstuhs like a year ago?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord

Anyway thats not important. I read that some people actually played brawl somewhere? Was it easier or harder to die?
gimpyfish said without items even the floatiest characters lived to around 120% on the smallest stages.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Cool, harder to die. Yah gt, well im sure its not yours now, it says womens plus as the size, and i doubt you would have bought one of those. lol. I refuse to wear it now, cus it is a womens hoodee, or what you spell it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Hey GUESS WHAT!!! Remember that hodee that I lost. I finally found it!!! My mom uncovered it from a bunch of winter clothes! I'll give it back to you later roster.
Cool, harder to die. Yah gt, well im sure its not yours now, it says womens plus as the size, and i doubt you would have bought one of those. lol. I refuse to wear it now, cus it is a womens hoodee, or what you spell it.
i think he called you a girl babac.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
...and lo, The Pimpest Returns!

What's up, my peeps? Po here. I'm just checking Smashboards again and seeing the mods closed a TON of threads in the Brawl boards... About time.

Anywho, your boy finally had some time to himself today(work has been KILLING me) and played Marc today in a few Melee friendlies. I haven't really played since Brett's Smashfest and so it was refreshing to actually get SOME KIND of gaming in(again, I just haven't had any free time).

Whilst playing Marc I realized that the deluge of Brawl info has made me really not care for Melee like I usually do. I still love it, for it is Smash afterall, but I just didn't have the will to really force myself to play with the intent to win. I mainly used lower tiered characters like DK, Mario, and even Pichu(I actually beat Marc's Sheik with him ;) ).

*Ironically, this made the game quite enjoyable. Usually, losing to Marc fills me with great rage and anger-ah, rivalry*

So, to close, I wish I could make some Melee tournaments, but work is being a REAL ***** to my hobbies right now, and I fear I won't be able to attend anything before or after the OSC Tournament in November... This saddens me, because I really wanted to end my time with Competitive Melee with at least ONE great, legendary tournament run...

Oh well, C'est la vie...

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, if you ever get some free time when i do ill come play you. assuming chris can come too. dont take this the wrong way, but im not driving to your house without a black person in my car.

also, that sort of boredom with the better characters is what led me to play falcon. its not that falcon sucks, but andy's falcon sucks. thats why after watching a falcon for a few seconds you can go, yep, thats andy's falcon.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol

<3 Andy

That said, we can always run a tourney at Brett's house. Winner doesn't pay for pizza? >_________>;;;

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
LOL... Ahh Sonic should be pretty amazing in Brawl....

Ugh Back from Kansas after a 6 hour drive there ad back.... Lots of smash on a HD TV....

Shade_

Smash Ace
I'll still return it to your house babac

And yah i know what you mean Po by not being able to conjur up the will to play seriously anymore, not sure what it was that started it for me, but probably a mix between brawl coming up and loosing to chris every time.

I just dont care, and i use people like Link and roy now all the time cus its just fun lol. Sheik is fun to use sometimes just cus i dont need to have much will to win in order to win when i use her haha, if that makes any sense at all. But i find it funner to use the middle teer people and mewtwo rather than the dominant characters now.

The hoodee is big, and black with a golden zipper with a circle thingy attached to the end of the zipper. Looks like it was placed there when it was made. The hood is still intact, and there are no holes in it as far as I can tell.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Well, my hoodie is a sort of navy blue with a King Crimson label on the back of it,
As well as a Disturbed (I think) insignia on it.
Not black, and didn't have some confounded contraption on it's zipper.

I wish I could play brawl... :(

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, the game is fun to peopel for different reasons. some like it because they win, i suppose.

i like it because samus is gay, and falcon is awesome and suicidal.

i forgot about playing with yawara, for some reason thats awesome. somehow our matches turn into what they do, like i was ganon, and he was yoshi( maybe jiggs) he kept rolling and i kept trying to jab him, for like 5 minutes, until we broke down in lauhgter.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I came up with this today while working, it's corny and dry but you guys are my outlet tonight. What do Marth and a Pizza delivery driver have in common? Wait for it, wait for it...They both want good tips. Yep, ah...slow night it was.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well said man. The only thing i really like to play is team battles are fun.

Team battles are my favorite, and then melee's, and then battles with Items are also really fun in my opinion. Or messing with the damage ratios, or captain falcon, with falcon punch battles.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Ive decided we must get this thread back to its former glory.

whos going to help me?
You're going to need about 500 cans of SPAM for that, Andy.

Something hit me while I was thinking about Brawl... If Mario is now like this ultra-badass-****-machine, what will happen to Luigi? He's always been like a lesser version of Mario(but cooler), so if Mario is Top Tier, will Luigi become Mid/High Tier in Brawl?

OH, the possiblilities of a better Luigi...

Gravity

Smash Ace
man, i think doom 2 is the best FPS ever.

in the harder difficulties at least, ive never played a game that has better perfected making you feel like youre ****ed, but still giving you enough ammo and health to barely make it.

also, i like guitar hero, but never bought because it was too expensive with the controller. plus, if i was going to get good at a rhythm game, i would make it one that is in the arcades aka ddr or drum mania or something. except for stepmania, i can take that on a laptop to show off wherever i want. although showing off video game usually prompts get a life over wow impressive. so is the fate of a gamer.

also, i can get 500 cans of SPAM. especially capitalized SPAM. i just need some backup. anyone want to help?

Top Bottom