• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
That pretty absurd to think Brawl will be any less competitive than Melee, or any worse in general. No L-cancelling. No wave dashing. So what. New techniques will be discovered. Remember when Melee just came out?

anyway... Bowser
Hell, the legends are already coming up with new **** after JUST ONE DAY OF PLAYING!! Brawl will OWN, and I will own KOS-MOS's now-not-as-much-of-a-*****-to-play-against Peach with the-now-badass Bowser and soon-to-be-badass Pokemon Trainer!

Just you wait...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Hell, the legends are already coming up with new **** after JUST ONE DAY OF PLAYING!! Brawl will OWN, and I will own KOS-MOS's now-not-as-much-of-a-*****-to-play-against Peach with the-now-badass Bowser and soon-to-be-badass Pokemon Trainer!

Just you wait...
Now all we need are some Luigi updates and we'll be set...

Gravity

Smash Ace
all i want to know before i decide anything more is if samus nair and cc are still godly. if not, she doesnt really have much going for after nerfing missiles and recovery.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Mebbe I was over-reacting about Brawl. I'm going to chock it up to all the whiners and complainers in the Brawl section infecting my brain because once I found that positive Brawl thread and such I was reminded of the other side of the coin.

And just as a footnote, did you guys see Lyn in that video ^ ? :eek: Pure sex.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'm not worried about Peach, considering the fact if you CC its been confirmed that you still receive a massive amount of damage. Like I said before, even if she does get toned down a bit I'm going to main her regardless. I'm also pretty sure that I'll find some move/tactic that will alienate players to no end ^_^(thats not including her FS).

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
That pretty absurd to think Brawl will be any less competitive than Melee, or any worse in general. No L-cancelling. No wave dashing. So what. New techniques will be discovered. Remember when Melee just came out?

anyway... Bowser
No new techniques, none at all. Just mindgames, son.

TGM

Smash Lord
ok guys my shin dig is tomorrow at 11am. if anybody is still wanting to go....please leave OK by 3pm or 4pm.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man . . . I can't play smash without wavedashing. Not even 64 smash.

And really, wtf @ no l-cancelling. That doesn't even make sense.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I've had it with Smashboards...

OH NO, THEY GOT YAWARA TOO?!?!

Seriously, I just left the Brawl boards, and now MEW2KING of all people is whining about no wavedashing... If this is how its going to be from now on, then that's it, I'm done with this place. I mean it.

I'll still check the OK Thread and maybe the Brawl Video Thread, but no more than that. I used to love this place; you could come in, have an intelligent debate or two, and learn some new techniques or enjoy a well-made combo vid.

Now, it's just "WHINE, *****, MOAN... I HATE BRAWL! I HATE SAKURAI! I HATE LIFE!" I can't stand the elitism and stupidity any longer. As of right now, Po Pimpus will not be posting on Smashboards, at least not until Brawl releases... and even then, who knows?

If you guys want to talk to me, just send me a PM or catch me on AIM, because I won't be on Smashboards anymore...

Peace out. Stay Big, MARIO BIG!

Gravity

Smash Ace
OH NO, THEY GOT YAWARA TOO?!?!

Seriously, I just left the Brawl boards, and now MEW2KING of all people is whining about no wavedashing... If this is how its going to be from now on, then that's it, I'm done with this place. I mean it.

I'll still check the OK Thread and maybe the Brawl Video Thread, but no more than that. I used to love this place; you could come in, have an intelligent debate or two, and learn some new techniques or enjoy a well-made combo vid.

Now, it's just "WHINE, *****, MOAN... I HATE BRAWL! I HATE SAKURAI! I HATE LIFE!" I can't stand the elitism and stupidity any longer. As of right now, Po Pimpus will not be posting on Smashboards, at least not until Brawl releases... and even then, who knows?

If you guys want to talk to me, just send me a PM or catch me on AIM, because I won't be on Smashboards anymore...

Peace out. Stay Big, MARIO BIG!
OMG! i take it back. i love no wavedashing. every time i wavedash im always like, "****, i wish i couldnt do this." same thing with l cancelling. its like, "****, these nairs are coming out ungodly fast. this isnt fair at all and i wish i couldnt l cancel."

in all seriousness though, i was just mad at them nerfing samus's missiles. im looking forward to actually being able to discover something that noones ever discovered before more than anything. now its like, hey thats cool, and then i go to post it on samus boards and theres a thread about it already...

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol @ po.

Don't you think that's a bit overreactive? :/ I mean . . . it's not like I said I'm boycotting Brawl, eh?

As for the l-cancelling thing, I don't think I'm the only one who expects it to be in play when the real version came out . . . :/ Just a weird it's not out yet right now.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I think the most important update is infact that the game is fun to play.

I don't even really care that there's no wavedashing... it probably won't matter much since the game will have a different dynamic.

I just want to play Meta Knight, LOL.

And lol Po, why does it surprise you that Mew2King is whining about no wavedashing :p Don't leave though :( Even though I totally feel you on all the whining and stuff.

Like seriously, there's this thread in the General Brawl forum that's like "Well, sucks for us advanced players" and I'm like "OMG get over yourself."

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Perhaps I got too carried away. I'm still quite enraged at all the umitigated stupid that's flying around the boards, though. I've got some things to say, but I need to think about them first. I'll be back in a bit to deliver my thoughts on the current state of things.

Don't worry, I'm too pimp to get all emo and weird. I've got too much *** to kick in both Melee and Brawl to do that.

Gravity

Smash Ace
you know who would make ****ing awesome assist trophies?

all the bosses from mgs1. or just guards from mgs1. or just anything from mgs1.

-edit- yeah, this is why i stay away from brawl boards.

anyway, brett needs to get online.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
u know what else would be awesome....?if irish came back to OK...no wait....better yet....OK came to irish!!!

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Lol.

Anyway, you know who would be an awesome assist trophy? The cameraman from Earthbound. Also, Giygas, that would be the ****.
Pokey would be a good assist trophy, too. In his spider mech suit. Or the desert monkies. Or New age retro hippie. Or starman. Acutally, I always thought Starman DX would make a great new playable character.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
T_T

No smash anywhere dis weekend . . .

At least I taught some guys on my floor how to JC grab and L-cancel now.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Pokey would be a good assist trophy, too. In his spider mech suit. Or the desert monkies. Or New age retro hippie. Or starman. Acutally, I always thought Starman DX would make a great new playable character.
What about Buzz Buzz as an Assist Trophy? :laugh: I don't know why but I always liked that little bee.

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Just in case anyone hasn't seen them, here are several parts of the intro and gameplay

part 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html

part 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26687.html

part 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26662.html

Pit
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26652.html

Donkey Kong
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26644.html

It looks like the bad guy playable characters will actually be doing bad guy things. I'm sure eveyone will have to team up at the end, but this is cool. I was expecting Mario to be fighting along side Bowser and Wario right off the bat. At least, this is what the intro is hinting at. For all we know, Wario could know something Mario and Kirby don't so he took Zelda to help out some other way. I get excited speculating like this.

I love all of the level designs and how they are so inspired by their character's own game. The barrels in the Donkey Kong video are a great example. The cloud levels look straight out of bubbly clouds from Kirby games. And in the Pit video, those rocket skaters that shoot Pit and Mario are right out of Kirby Superstar.

I get a tear in my eye every time I watch a Brawl video, I'm so happy.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Just in case anyone hasn't seen them, here are several parts of the intro and gameplay

part 1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26689.html

part 2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26687.html

part 3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26662.html

Pit
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26652.html

Donkey Kong
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26644.html

It looks like the bad guy playable characters will actually be doing bad guy things. I'm sure eveyone will have to team up at the end, but this is cool. I was expecting Mario to be fighting along side Bowser and Wario right off the bat. At least, this is what the intro is hinting at. For all we know, Wario could know something Mario and Kirby don't so he took Zelda to help out some other way. I get excited speculating like this.

I love all of the level designs and how they are so inspired by their character's own game. The barrels in the Donkey Kong video are a great example. The cloud levels look straight out of bubbly clouds from Kirby games. And in the Pit video, those rocket skaters that shoot Pit and Mario are right out of Kirby Superstar.

I get a tear in my eye every time I watch a Brawl video, I'm so happy.
holy crap these videos are epic. i kind of want to play Pit now just because of how cool he looks as a hero.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wow, I had no idea that Wario was such a douchebag.

Anyway, I still want to main Meta Knight as of now. I'll probably second Pit, as of now.

And lol, according to Gimpy, Peach's fthrow is even better in Brawl.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Videos-Shmittyos... I'm sticking to the ones I said I was going to stick to...

Luigi
Bowser
Kirby
Samus
Pit
PT
Midna
Krystal
Diddy

(Bowser through Diddy will not nessicarily be in that order.)

Gravity

Smash Ace
im sticking with snake. and then samus. i probably wont use zero suit samus much...man, i hope snakes final smash is awesome...

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I'm still maining solid snake for starters, but i want to second meta knight now. He looks pretty cool.

wut?

Smash Apprentice
snake is the **** of corse but then sonic is the god of all things living ill probley just main both and they better not kick luigi

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh. My. God.

PictoChat

is

****ing

AMAZING.

It'd be even more amazing if they let you connect your DS to the Wii and draw in new transformations via PictoChat itself.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree. Pictochat looks like a lot of fun, like Smash in a chatroom :chuckle: . I like how it has the "now entering: Fox/Bowser..." thing at the bottom. I wonder if there'll be any other little comments in that box as the matches continue.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Do you guys even see my posts? It seems as if you guys just ignore all my posts (besides the one with the baby kick). I mean I know I'm a PV kid and I'm not that good, but you can at least acknowledge me. I just want some responses sometimes, like a response from Sars about joining the Ministry, and one from anybody about a smashfest, an example "Sure thing Auddy, the next time I (as in someone responding to me) has a smash get-together I will tell you where and when along with everyone else using the boards." I don't want to sound emo or anything, but a response to my questions would be nice every once and a while. :urg:

Top Bottom