• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, we really need to have monthlies or bi-weeklies. :( Just every other saturday somewhere or something.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
HEY YO READ.

OSC is comign around the corner, can I get help with equipment? mainly gamecubes and TV's.

remember if you bring something, there's no registration fee!

please post up.

the people I know: po, pablo, yawara, brett, etc. can u guys help me out and get me at least 5-6 gamecubes w/ game and memory cards? Also, Tv's too.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
thanks.

i've changed times for:

doubles to start @ 2
singles @ 6 PM. sound good?

Also, start posting in the tourney thread if you're coming so I can get registration out of the way please.

team name: member/member

thanks!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Okay, I can bring a cube and a TV and will probably drop my stuff off earlier so I can play at other events and so the Third Strike/Accent Core/etc guys can have TVs too.

Do you think we can have the TVs for friendlies if we're early or if they're not being used?

And I need a teammate >.>

chibit89

Smash Cadet
yeah def. dude, but it just depends on the # of tv's i get. of course, tourney gets dibs so thats why i'm planning on 10-12 tv's.

4 per tourney, then 3-4+ for casuals

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well, Rasta, I can provide a TV probably, only thing is it doesn't have component jacks. We'll need a RF adapter.

Yeah, I'm still alive, barely. I've been working like a chump, so no Smash for me, maybe if someone hosts a smashfest, I might be able to show my awesome laziness in full...

Shade_

Smash Ace
Wait, his like......real name? is Ace?.............................thats too good man, too good. (I got to stop saying that, i hate you pablo)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Wait, his like......real name? is Ace?.............................thats too good man, too good. (I got to stop saying that, i hate you pablo)
Lol. I tried to imagine you saying "too good," but it just didn't work out :p

Anyway... one of the best video game quotes ever:

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
So are there any plans for this weekend? Saturday would be great 'cause neither Ace or I have to work. I'd be able to swing having maybe 4 people at my house if there isn't anything else going on.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Well, I don't have a VCR, but I did bring my capture card to Oklahoma from New Orleans (it's at Brett's house IIRC).

If you record matches, you can use WMM to cut the vids up and then upload them on youtube. Just takes a lot of time, but the vid quality is better than everything else. It's a dazzle capture card in case anyone wanted to know, and it's really good. There are some good sales for them (got mine for like 20 bucks) so if you want to capture smash vids . . .

TraparFire

Smash Rookie
hey brett1, i have a friend who's interested in smashfests, and he's about the same level as me. he's a zelda(not sheik)/falco/jigg user, so maybe he'd be welcome since you guys were kind enough to invite me.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>>

Why would we not?

And can we organize something for friday soon? If not, I'd have to be obligated to go somewhere else

TGM

Smash Lord
Go to my monthlie on the 10th-11th. u could even come friday if u needed.. its me 3rd one. 32 players each time have shown up......

come play the tgm

Benedetto

Smash Cadet
So I have a question, that'll ask here 'cause it seems a good place as any. Is there a thread dedicated to the players of smash? I'm interested in learning more about the competitive history of Smash, but I can't seem to find anything of the sort. The only players I know about are Ken and GimpyFish, but only through their videos. Maybe there's some interviews somewhere or something?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
So I have a question, that'll ask here 'cause it seems a good place as any. Is there a thread dedicated to the players of smash? I'm interested in learning more about the competitive history of Smash, but I can't seem to find anything of the sort. The only players I know about are Ken and GimpyFish, but only through their videos. Maybe there's some interviews somewhere or something?
Po Pimpus knows everything. Also, there are a couple of threads about this, I unfortunately don't have a link for you though. I imagine someone link Zinth could pull it out within 30 seconds of reading your post, though.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
well let me know if somone decides to host an ohsnap...i would host a fo sho for you guys but im a poor college student that cant afford a venue...but i do plan on hosting one sometime in 2008...yea boooy

chibit89

Smash Cadet
It’s getting close to OSC time and I’m here to remind ya’ll that some things have changed:
• No entrance fee
• Registration closes @ 1:30 on Nov. 17th
- Registration is $1.00.
- You can email me registration (name, what games you will play) and pay me the day of (PM if you can’t email)
- Email: Chibit89@ou.edu
- Afterwards you’ll be charged a late fee of $1.00.

If you have anymore questions, contact me. Hope to see you all there.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Man, f-throw for the win? Hoping for something like Parasol'd his *** and brought him down when he tried to up-b for the win :p

Crackboom

Smash Apprentice
Uh oh. Sad news from the dojo.

There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users.
That makes it sound like Ness won't be returning :(
Additionally, Lucas's moves are very similar to Ness's, so it looks like having Lucas be a starter character and Ness being his clone would be awkward. There was also a lot of talk of having Poo in this game, but that probably won't happen if Ness isn't in it...

Maybe this will increase Mother 3's chances of coming to America? yes?

plasman

Smash Apprentice
At the very least Ness might appear as an alternate costume for Lucas methinks. Otherwise I would agree, looks like Ness is bye bye : ( But expect me to secondary the bejeezus out of Lucas nonetheless ;)

Gravity

Smash Ace
Poo!? thats close to po and thats what brandon is.

anyway, internet still broken, hopefully fixed soon.

im down for something tommorow, ill go to bens house i guess, maybe all the way down to norman if brett does stuff. and yawara, if something happens here ill pick you up from okc again.

uh...looking forward to OSC, but i cant register yet, i dont know if ill have it off until sunday, but im 99% sure i will.

also, whoever said they dont like standards, we are opposites. : ( i absolutely hate automatics.

i guess im off to go waste mroe time until my internets fixed, since i have to get off this computer. ill try and check back after work to see who and or what is going down this weekend.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if I'm playing smash this Friday since there's a party I'm supposed to go to (two actually, but I think they're meshing them into one . . . ).

But if you ugys can give me enough info and time and such, I might show up . . .

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
PFFT, Chris won't take a bullet for the prez. But he will be able to predict the bullet before it comes.

Top Bottom